Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Curls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Problems With Wave Nouveau - PLEASE HELP!!!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
noirempress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noirempress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems With Wave Nouveau - PLEASE HELP!!!
    Posted: Nov 03 2012 at 6:20pm
Hi Everyone,Smile

(Sorry If Ive put this in the wrong section,I am a newbie here)

I am from London England,and recently after the last couple of perms I've had done I've Noticed dramatic Changes in my hair behaviour that I'm Very Worried about!!!Cry

I've Basically been having my hair done with the Wave Nouveau System since I was about 19 and half, i'm 25 now and I've given my hair Mini breaks inbetween and at home treatments with a steam cap.

But after my most recent Perm and a few others,(This may sound gross),My Scalp Keeps Flaking say about a week or so after having it done...I know these flakes are not dandruff....because they are quite big...I dunno why this is happening but its a very undesirable symptom I've been experiencing which also comes with a very itchy Scalp...I'll flake and comb them out but they come back and only seem to settle if I wash my hair or when the perm becomes older...Which obviously will shorten the lifespan of the perm and ruins the curl pattern!!Angry

Its werid as I get them most of the time but not after every perm.... I was thinking it might be the result of a surface burn? or a minor allergic reaction?..but I am still not sure!!!ConfusedConfusedConfused

I Was Thinking to change the brand I'm Using?.....

Could anyone suggest a reason as to why I could be experiencing this????..Has anyone had this also?..what did you do to combat this?...

Apart from this i've started noticed quite serve damage...as at the front a lil has broken off very short and at a few small sites within my hair....plus my hair keeps shredding even after a Thorough comb and brush out!...I've Kept the scalp moist But to find no joy....its very worrying as I'm scared I might end up bald!!!....or soon start to find..patches of missing hair!!!

I'm not sure what to do...apart from wash my hair again...to save the remaining hair!!..I'm thinking if i washed it sooner it might have prevented some hair loss!!

This has happened before and it was worst and only seemed to settle after washing but as I've said If i do so, it will dry it out and shorten the lifespan of the perm!...

Can anyone suggest why this could be happening?...any suggestions advice??..Has this happened to you?... your thoughts are deeply appreciated!...as I really am clueless on what to do and to keep trying and erroring things... my hair is basically suffering the wrong choices......

Many Thanks!Thumbs Up

NE
.x

Edited by noirempress - Nov 03 2012 at 6:29pm
Sponsored Links

sugafut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sugafut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2012 at 7:32am
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with the wave nouveau perm. Unfortunately, a similar situation happened to me and my mom when we got the perm a few years ago. Both of us experienced tremendous breakage. My hair would fall out in clumps even if I just touched it to the point that the middle of my head was almost completely bald. First, we tried using Aphogee's Two Step Protein Treatment. Although it didn't work for us, I would suggest you give it a try to see if it will work for you.

However, my mom and I both ended up getting our heads shaved and starting all over because we could not stop the breakage. At the time I was about 16 and was still in high school, so this was devastating for me. However, I do not regret my decision of getting my hair cut. Now we are both natural and our hair is healthy, thick, and growing like weeds. So, if you do have to ultimately cut your hair remember that hair grows. Your hair WILL grow back, thicker, healthier, and longer, as long as you provide it with some TLC.

I used that experience to learn how to manage my natural hair because I was under the misconception that my hair was too unruly. I read this forum and Nappturality as well as watched many Youtube videos to learn how to work with my natural hair and it has definitely paid off.

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do. If you need any more advice feel free to message me. Smile
samz-samz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samz-samz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 9:33am
Hi noirempress i'm also based in London and just like Sugafut i had to shave my hair off last month due to breakage etc with my CareFree curl perm, i was so upset as i had a curly perm (can't remember which one) about 10 years ago and never had any isuues with it back then. Also my daughter has had a CFC from february and a small section at the back has broken off quite short, currently i have her hair in braids as i feel shaving her hair will be too tramatic for an 8 year old, right now my plan is to grow her hair out back to it's natural state (she has thick 4b hair and the reason i decided to curly perm was for the low maintenance but am sad it hasn't worked out) and from there i will decide what to, so that should take about a year. I may just keep it natural and have it pressed a few times a year.
I'm sorry to hear about the damage you have both experienced and am sorry i can't offer any advice. @ noirempress where in London do you get your perm done?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic