Problems with breakage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problems with breakage
    Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 9:24am
Hi, I have a question regarding my breakage. I did a big chop back in november. When I say big chop, I shaved the whole thing. Since then my hair has grown about an inch or so and I haven't used heat since then. I was convinced my hair was too short for me to start complaining but I just want to know if this is normal. OK so i use no heat, I dc every week and every 3 days I co wash. I seal with oils and then shea butter and baggy mostly 4-5 nights a week. I also barely comb my hair. Ok so im muslim and we pray 5 times a day and before we do so we have to cleanse ourselves and part of that is taking wet hands and rubbing it over our heads. This is how i noticed my breakage. I lightly rub the wet hands over my baby fro and I'm noticing that there are strands coming out in my hands. Some of them are shedded hairs (with the white bulb) but a lott of them are short little ones. For a while I was unsure because my hair is obviously still short from shaving it but I think it's breakage but I don't know why it's breaking. I also do protein treatments abotu every 2 weeks give or take using an egg and mayo so I don't know what's going on??? Can anyone please help me?
Sponsored Links

NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 1:31pm
Sounds like you are doing too much to your hair.  When your hair is that short, you don't need to deep condition that often.  It could be that it is making your hair too soft.  Also cut back on the protein conditioner/treatment down to a month.  That is my suggestion.  Hopefully more people will chime in.
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2011 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Sounds like you are doing too much to your hair.  When your hair is that short, you don't need to deep condition that often.  It could be that it is making your hair too soft.  Also cut back on the protein conditioner/treatment down to a month.  That is my suggestion.  Hopefully more people will chime in.
Wow I didnt know deep conditioning once a week was a lot. I will try this out thankyou
relaxedtresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relaxedtresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2011 at 10:17pm
Protein treatments every two weeks does seem like a lot especially if you're natural.  I agree that you should maybe do that once a month.
Afrika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2011 at 5:53pm
Hey, you can try out ITS A MIRACLE NATURE'S OIL SPRAY. It is not greasy and its a hair spray for natural hair. It helps your hair grow longer with healthy strands. Your hair strands are stronger and easy to comb in as little as 4 weeks after using the spray. Contact me if you will like to know more about this product. It really helped my hair, u shld give it a try. migxtelle@yahoo.co.uk
femmemuscleisback View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Afrika Afrika wrote:

Hey, you can try out ITS A MIRACLE NATURE'S OIL SPRAY. It is not greasy and its a hair spray for natural hair. It helps your hair grow longer with healthy strands. Your hair strands are stronger and easy to comb in as little as 4 weeks after using the spray. Contact me if you will like to know more about this product. It really helped my hair, u shld give it a try. migxtelle@yahoo.co.uk

$30 bucks a bottle, and you can't find the ingredients posted anywhere.. $30 for 16 oz.  not great for marketing..Confused
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:32pm
made by the inventors of the "Leisure curl"..  wow...

Afrika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 6:53pm
Yea, made by inventors of leisure curl.
Here are the ingredients Aloe Vera, Natural Plant Protein, Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol.
$30 includes the shipping to your destination.
It will help your hair real good. It is worth the try.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote femmemuscleisback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 7:51pm
no thanks, i am already using a home made spray with those very same ingredients at home, for a lot cheaper.. without the alcohol.. on their website, they're charging  $32.00. for 16 oz.  wow.. $2.00 an ounce..

Afrika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afrika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 11 2011 at 7:53pm

I am selling it at $25

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>