Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pro-Black Men Who We’re Surprised Dated Or Marri
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pro-Black Men Who We’re Surprised Dated Or Marri

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.07  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:29pm
Boiled peanuts are all throughout the deep south. Louisiana, Mississippi (But no need to go there lol), etc.

I can't get with them lol

Sponsored Links

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:34pm
i was gonna say that cc. my girl goes on a mission to get some whenever we go to fams homecoming...
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:44pm
^So she goes to FL to re-up some 'product' and uses the FAMU homecoming as a cover, huh?Geek

I'm teasing.LOL
mrshairdo View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrshairdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

I'm behind but here's my added two cents.

I don't hate white people. I work around enough of them to know that not all of them are raging devils with horns and pickforks out to destroy black people. Some of them are nice. Some of them I dig on a professional level. 

I'm a bleeding heart type of chic myself. I love all people on a basic human level despite myself. Can't help it. I'm actually kind of a wimp. That's just how I was built. I'd be giving out free hugs and sunshine and rainbows to everybody if I didn't have the sense to guard my heart.. and the knowledge to understand, not just the history of race relations in America, but the dire, prevailing state of my community. 

If my people didn't mean as much to me as they do, I could easily be beguiled by the charms of some of these white men that be pushing up on me. But as it stands, I AM pro-black to the mutha core and if that means I have to block and dodge these white men's advances like Neo dodges bullets, I dodge until the day I die. I won't even allow myself to get that close. This is a vow I've made to myself. 

It is a conscious effort. 

For me, the ramifications of a so called pro-black person marrying white are multifaceted and layered (most of which have been covered in this topic already), but most people's initial reaction to seeing this phenomenon don't automatically go that deep. Our reaction to it is on the surface. Like BAM! Right there in your face. 

As a woman who wears the pro-black badge with honor, what message would it send to all the wonderful black men in this fight with me, to my beautiful black nephews who I love with all my heart, all facing the SAME adversities I'm facing as a dreaded proverb and byword in this nation if I had a white man on my arms?

Would it cancel out the work I do for my people? Underneath the surface it would. Because we see in our faces thus become internalized as "Maybe I'm just not good enough." A breeding ground for deep seated insecurities, self hatred, idolization of those who are apparently "good enough". 

We keep chasing the dream but the dream will forever be elusive if  what we show the world in the most intimate of our relationships don't appear to align with philosophy. It cancels it out. And the cycle of our destruction continues because the "work" is nothing more than a band aid over the pain. Like pouring salt on a womb.

beautiful Clap
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:53pm
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:55pm
Even if you only read the thread title, really? Urkel?
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Even if you only read the thread title, really? Urkel?

Thats stephan ....Urkel would be dedicated for those type of shenan!gans
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:49am
hmmm....if these pro-black Titans get a pass...why come we (we in a general sense) get so mad feel some type of way to see black men with "other" type women?

As far as Urkel.....I got nuffin.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 2:37am
so where we at?
Chyna_Li View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chyna_Li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I don't care about their race. I care about strengthening ours.

It just seems to me if you see all this strength and beauty in blackness that those views would ooze into your bedroom and in a life partner who shares those views and is the image of those views.
Then multiply and rear black children with those same views and values.

But no matter .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style