Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pro-Black Men Who We’re Surprised Dated Or Marri
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Pro-Black Men Who We’re Surprised Dated Or Marri

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 68>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 15 Votes, Average 2.07  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

i think some constricting is what the AA community needs.
the "if they aren't white they're black" idea didn't come from us. 

nor did it benefit us. so... why encourage it?

it absolutely did benefit the black community in the US. 

It did because they had education and more privileges that they used to help the larger community

But the fact that they did have more opportunities says that there has always been a category difference
Sponsored Links

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

well if we gonna kick out every person that identifies as black that is less than 60% SSA we really bout lose in the Census....most black people have between 15-25% European DNA already..and DNA can be very misleading

this brotha is almost 70% European based on his DNA lol

He looks black though. Had he had pale skin, sandy blonde hair and green eyes with 2a hair, my answer would be different.

I also said you have to Look black
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

How can you have a black family if one of the parents isn't black. You can't change the definition because the real black family is dying out. It is what it is, we're going under like the native Americans did.they were once a populous people who populated all of America, now full blood Indians are 3-5% of the population yet so many people of other races are "mixed with Indian".

That is a fair position, but likewise in the example you cited, the definition of Native American changed. It is no longer a full-blooded native, but rather a person with at least 1/8 ancestry (meaning a full-blooded great grandparent).

Now is that beneficial for the black community?  I don't think it would be in the least.  I think it is detrimental to the NA community.

I don't think it is beneficial, but I do believe it is inevitable. This trend is consistent in all nations. As Farra said, the oppressed intermarry with the oppressor. Even if most of us on the board resolve to only mate with a Black person, that won't deter the current trends. I am not sure that can be changed by anyone or anything. It is best if we focus on building strong families, while encouraging love for one's self and our race. That, in my opinion, is more likely to yield strong families, and in turn strong Black families.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:38pm
The only reason why African Americans have been a "community" is because we were all dark, African descended and therefore, denied access to parts of this country... we were literally kept from roaming freely throughout this great land. Not because we spoke the same language... came from the same tribe... practiced the customs. Nope. Because of superficial reasons like our skin color and having the utmost distance in physical appearance from Europeans.

Now that we (almost) have freedom entirely, it has become increasingly difficult to stay a "community" under these superficial reasons. However, many "Black Leaders" preach about a bettering the "community" uplifting this community... and yet they marry out? Confused

If you're working towards your ultimate goal in life, which is to uplift your people and prove that they are as worthy as everyone else (if that's apart of your goal), how do you do this if you consistently "love" people outside of this community? How can you sell your own milk when you're continually buying someone's else?

The truth is, African Americans aren't a community anymore. However, we are still outlaws together.

We roam this elusive space in-between being a "community" and being "Americans" with full rights and access. This is the space we are in now and these "pro-Black" leaders who take up non-Black wives/husbands are the ultimate exemplars of this paradox

babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:45pm
If we were to ever have any type of movement promoting the black family would only make sense.
tropical-punch View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tropical-punch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:20pm
Of course everyone who's saying it's not a contradiction have/had a white person on their arm. 
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:22pm

we're the community college of races. 
you can't get into the white school? 

you're welcome here. we will even glorify you boo. Hug

Deep
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:23pm
Ben Jealous looks like a white man to me.
He came in and spoke to my Black Thought class one time and I felt uncomfortable with him calling himself black.
He's white. 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

we're the community college of races. 
you can't get into the white school? 

you're welcome here. we will even glorify you boo. Hug

Deep

meh. not particularly. Ben Justice said it. white is exclusive, black is inclusive.

i am sure it would be the same if black were the majority and white was the minority. humans have an affinity towards categorization and exclusion.

...and considering the president is trying to increase funding to community colleges...meh
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Ben Jealous looks like a white man to me.
He came in and spoke to my Black Thought class one time and I felt uncomfortable with him calling himself black.
He's white. 

i have a professor who looks like him.
he said he was black and we were like......errrrm?
ben def. could have passed that color line in the past
but meh.
he doesn't want to be identified even as biracial bc he thinks its disingenuous to the racial history of the US and embroils himself in black politics and issues that me as a fully colored individual will not do.
do you brother.
some of my line sisters are that fair. am i now supposed to discount their experiences bc of their skin despite being raised by at least one black parent and in a black community?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 68>