Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2007 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by Miss.Flirtydiva Miss.Flirtydiva wrote:

No I don't want you to add the forward feature from member to member. That's like starting gossip. One member might not want others to know what they wrote to one privately.

And here's the thing about that.. You can't stop someone from copying & pasting their PMs and sending them off to another member.. (there's some very RECENT examples of this on the forum BTW) If someone REALLY wanted "start gossip" using PMs, there are PLENTY of ways to do it right now.  (copy & paste is the easy way)

Lets not think the worst of the ladies here.. Adding a forwarding feature isn't going to encourage folks to act ugly.. Folks who want to act out by "starting gossip" will find a way to act out whether this feature is added to PMs or not..

Just like e-mails, you have to use discretion in what you say and whom you say it to.. If you do not want something passed on, then don't PM anything to anyone that you would regret resurfacing later. Forwarding, is a useful PM feature. And I believe that the ladies here would use it for things other than slinging dirt and starting gossip..

Edited by DivaVocals - Nov 04 2007 at 3:21am
Sponsored Links

NEWMRS216 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2007 at 8:14am
this is sort of hard to explain and not really a bad thing.. just annoying..

if u have more than one PM in ur box.. u have to click on each one in order to get the little pop up notification box to stop appearing.. u have 2 private messages.. u have 2 private messages.. u have 1 private message.. u have 1 private message...

unless this is just me this hapens to.. (quite possibly could beLOL) can we stop that?  it's irks the heck outta me..
QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2007 at 5:31am

Co-signing with Diva. 

Mizz_Scorpio View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2007 at 10:39am

An instant msg feature would be nice for those ppl who are online at the same time and want to hold a convo.

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2007 at 2:57pm
How about an interactive PM system whereby you can carry on a conversation with other people LIVE, just like you would on yahoo for eg. I guess it would be called a private chat system or something like that.
Russ View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2007 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

How about an interactive PM system whereby you can carry on a conversation with other people LIVE, just like you would on yahoo for eg. I guess it would be called a private chat system or something like that.

Yes, we are working on the BHM Chat, which would give you the same features as Yahoo Messenger, and MSN Messenger, but it will be exclusive to the BHM Forum, and its members.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic