Hair ViVi

Ultra

Author
Russ View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Messenger
    Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 10:51pm
We are looking to update the Private Messenger feature of the forum, please let me know if you use the PM and what are some new features we could add or change.  Thanks.

Sponsored Links

QueenBee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 11:07pm
Yes, I use the PM. 

1.  Up the number of PM's a person can receive per hour.

2. I'd also like a private message folders. Sometimes I ask for hair tips from ladies and would like to put them in a particular folder versus having to scroll through my 40 PM pages about the topic.

3.  Some members report receiving threatening, harassing  messages via PM.  Maybe there can be a way to forward that particular PM to Admin.  This will control the drama issues & people who fight via PM.  Because you can send a PM to the harasser (with proof) and give a warming before officially suspending their account.  *thankful I've not experience this but it seems to be a problem**

Other than that the PM is fine for me.

Edited by QueenBee - Oct 26 2007 at 11:50pm
DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 26 2007 at 11:45pm
Well I would like to see it have features that would make message management easier.. I invision a PM system with more e-mail-like management  features. In the current PM world, once you get past a few pages of PM's, the inbox becomes a bit un-wielding to manage. So here's my "starter" wishlist..

More advanced sorting options would be a very useful feature addition. (Sorting by date/time as well as name, & subject) Sorting the "Inbox" would be a matter of clicking the header row of the inbox. Of course members should be given the option to sort in both ascending and desending order.

The "Inbox" behavior should to be modified so that if a member goes to page 10 of their inbox (for example) and opens a message on that page, when they are done reading or replying and close the message, they should be taken back to the originating page. In the current PM module, the only options available are to click the browser back button (which ocasionally causes strange behavior or errors) or to click the "Inbox" button which will take the member back to page 1 of the inbox.

It goes without saying that the Outbox should have similar features. The ability to forward messages from the Outbox would also be a nice feature addition.

**Edited italicized sections for clarity**

Edited by DivaVocals - Oct 27 2007 at 12:53pm
koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 12:59am
  Diva, Clearly i don't use the PM function enough cause I didn't even realized it worked that way! I've never needed to scroll past the first page in my PM box. But, yeah! that needs to be changed as Diva suggested.

Originally posted by DivaVocals DivaVocals wrote:

The inbox behavior should to be modified so that if a member goes to page 10 of their inbox (for example) and opens a message on that page, when they are done reading or replying and close the message, they should be taken back to the originating page (versus the current behavior where they are taken back to page 1 of the inbox)
sexibeach View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 7:35am
i think a save folder would be great!
ivy07 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 7:58am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

Yes, I use the PM. 

1.  Up the number of PM's a person can receive per hour.

2. I'd also like a private message folders. Sometimes I ask for hair tips from ladies and would like to put them in a particular folder versus having to scroll through my 40 PM pages about the topic.

3.  Some members report receiving threatening, harassing  messages via PM.  Maybe there can be a way to forward that particular PM to Admin.  This will control the drama issues & people who fight via PM.  Because you can send a PM to the harasser (with proof) and give a warming before officially suspending their account.  *thankful I've not experience this but it seems to be a problem**

Other than that the PM is fine for me.

I also agree on the idea no.3.
mzdeidra View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 10:11am

I agree with QB on a way to report PMs from harassers. I've gotten a few before and I was disappointed to see that I couldn't report it. The PM is probably the most common place for drama because people are free to say whatever and not get caught.

That's the only thing I would change. I like the simplicity of it other than that.

DivaVocals View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 12:48pm
Adding the ability to forward PMs would be a nice feature addition (it would also resolve the issue of not being able to report PMs as requested above)
binky622 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2007 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

i think a save folder would be great!

ITA
Miss.Flirtydiva View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2007 at 2:00am
No I don't want you to add the forward feature from member to member. That's like starting gossip. One member might not want others to know what they wrote to one privately.

Hair ViVi
Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic