Forum Name: Exercise
Forum Description: Discussions on Exercise
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=63606
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 4:28pm

Topic: BIGGER butt and WIDER hips!-ATG SQUATS challenge
Posted By: tasha92337
Subject: BIGGER butt and WIDER hips!-ATG SQUATS challenge
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 1:14am
Welcome ladies to the NEW and IMPROVED 2007 BUTT and WIDER hips Challenge!!
I seem to be getting alot of love on this forum about my NEW butt routine. This Works!!!

Im calling you out to a new challenge in the making.....

**So head to the store and pick up some ankle weights and get working, cuz the challenge starts NOW. Dont forget to post your feedbacks.

Shout Out to Miss BHM Member Candy Kane for trying my butt routine and replying with a positive feedback after one session!!!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=63384

NATASHA'S BUTT WORKOUT ROUTINE

I do this 1-2x a day:

TYPE OF EXCERSISES:

1.Lunges with weights (foreward, AND backwards)
METHOD:
**Heavy ankle weights are a PLUS!! BUT regular dumbells are fine. The dumbells must have some type of heavy weight in order to build a firm, BIG butt. I usually do 8-10lbs.

**You dont have to use dumbells or weights. You can use ANYTHING thats heavy. One time, I used a washer basket and filled it up with some stuff to make it heavy and placed the basket on top of my head while doing the lunges. This is true Killer! But its good!!

FOREWARD LUNG METHOD

1. Stand in straight position. Feet together, holding one dumbell in each hand. Next, Step right leg foreward at 90 degree angle, lunge (hold for 2-3 seconds) and push back up in to orginal standing position. Back is STRAIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME!!! NEVER HAVE YOUR KNEE TOUCH THE FLOOR!!

I do 30-40 sets.

2. I do the same for left foot.

BACKWARD LUNG METHOD

1. Its the same thing as foreward lunge instead You step your rightleg BEHIND in a 90 degree lunge position. Once again, never have knee touch floor!! BACK IS STRAIGHT AT ALL TIMES!!!

2. I do the same thing for the left leg.
I do 30-40 sets each.

BACKWARD LEG KICK METHOD A.K.A "BUTT LIFT

**You can use a chair or a wall for balance but you must have space to kick behind. Dont do this routine if your going to kick anything behind you. For chair method:

1.stand in straight position (feet together) behind the BACK of the chair.

2. Place palms on back of chair to rest. BACK IS STRAIGHT AT ALL TIMES!!!

3. Kick your right leg back as far as you can, hold 2-3 seconds while SQUEEZING your butt. Then back to standing position.   I do 30 sets for right and left leg.

**Now when you kick the leg behind you MUST be in controll of the leg the entire time!! Dont Bend the leg while your kicking, dont half lift the leg while kicking. You must keep the leg STRAIGHT at all times and you must kick far enough to feel the butt cheekcs LIFTING.

Once again, this excerise is excellent if you have ankle weights. More weights the BIGGER.

"kICKBACKS #2

This is similar to the "butt lift" method but it also focuses strictly on the Assssssss

1. A great exercise to increase the size of your butt. You need to get ankle weights. Five to eight pounds each. The heavier the better!!

2. Get on your hands and knees. Lift up your right leg so that it's level to your back and lift your left arm. Hold for two to four counts. put your arm and leg down. Then lift your left leg and your right arm and hold. Repeat at least 15 to 20 times, three times a week.

ATG SQUATS "ASS TO GROUND" SQUATS " Video Demonstration links below"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-282888063039246724&q=atg+squat&hl=en

http://youtube.com/watch?v=up5AjuHG1So

HOW TO GET SHAPLIER (WIDER) HIPS:

Okay so you want shaplier hips?Do squats with weights and build yourself up with the amount of weight you can handle slowly.Dont be afraid to go heavy you wont look like a man.You'll also have a nice high,hard bowling ball butt!Another thing to WIDEN THE HIPS are leg presses on the leg press machine. I believe you would have to go the gym, but ill research and find a better solution of what to use as an alternate at home.

HIP EXCERSISE #2

u lie on the floor (put smth down your spine if it's bony) legs angled 90 degrees. From there u just start lifting your hips. I also used to put some weights on my pelvic area to make it more efficient. it makes narrow hips really nice in profile. and the muscles in there are the biggest so u would be using quite a bit energy by doing so.

HIP EXCERSISE #3
Just eat alot of bread and pasta followed by about 20 min of exercise each day. 10 min of ab crunches or sit-ups to make sure your stomach and waist stays slim. 10 min of squat exercises to build your butt muscles and widen your hips....THE WHOLE POINT IS MAKING THE STOMACH AND WAIST FLAT AND TIGHT, SO YOUR HIPS AND BUTT "STICK" OUT MORE. ITS ALL ABOUT THE "Illusion"!!

To increase muscle mass on y'all's butts, use ankles weights whenever you're doing butt-muscle exercises. To increase muscle mass, do two things: Use heavier weights that make you feel like you've worked that butt at the end of each set; and do low number of repetitions--2 or 3 sets of 8~10,three times a day is good. Use your judgments and common senses. DO NOT HURT YOURSELVES and GOOD LUCK

EXTRA EXCERSISES:

1)Squats
Squats are one of the best exercises you can do for your hips, butt and thighs. There are many different types of squats, including the Chair Squat pictured here. Stand with feet hip-width apart and squat, keeping back straight, abs in and knees behind your toes. Let your butt lightly touch chair and squeeze butt to stand up. Repeat for 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps and add weights for more intensity.

2)Lunge
This lunge will really challenge you since you will use the standing leg for balance. Stand with left foot resting on a paper plate. Bend the right leg while sliding the left foot back into a lunge position, keeping the right knee behind the toe, torso upright and abs in. Slowly slide left foot back to starting position and repeat 8-12 times. Switch legs and repeat on each leg for 2-3 sets.

3)Hip Extension
Feel the burn in your hamstrings and glutes with this exercise. On a step or platform, lie facedown with hips on the edge of the step, legs straight with toes resting lightly on the floor. Squeeze the glutes and hamstrings and straighten the legs until they are level with the hips. Hold for 2-3 seconds, and lower letting toes lightly touch the floor. Repeat for 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions

4)Outer Thigh Leg Lift
Note--there is no true 'outer thigh.' When you work your outer thigh, you're actually working your butt! This exercise can be done standing or lying on your side. While standing, simply lift the leg out to the side, a few feet off the floor. Keep hip, knee and foot in line and foot flexed. Repeat 8-12 times on each leg. For more intensity, add a 1-5 pound ankle weight

5)Deadlift
Deadlifts are great for your hamstrings, butt and lower back, but form is critical! Stand with feet hip-width apart, weight in front of thighs. Keeping back flat and abs in, tip forward from the hips and lower your torso until bar hits mid-shin. Squeeze butt to raise back up. Keep the bar close to your legs through the entire movement--don't bend the knees! Do 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps.

6)Hiking
Hiking burns tons of calories because you're typically going up steep mountains and maybe even getting into thin air, which requires lots of energy. Also, walking up an incline automatically gets your glutes more involved and, if you're wearing a backpack, you're really getting a workout. Plus, you get to see nature at its best. A 140-lb person burns about 390 calories in about an hour!

7)Biking
Riding a bike is great for your heart and it also targets almost every muscle in your hips, thighs and butt. On a stationary bike, alternate 3 minutes at 70-80 RPM with 2 minutes at 100-110 RPM for a calorie-blasting 30 minute workout. You can also try Spinning at the gym or riding outside. Gear up to really work your glutes! A 140-lb person burns 335 calories in 45 minutes.

8)Running
Running, like walking is accessible, easy to learn, reduces stress, helps in weight loss, and it makes you feel good. Plus, it really works your butt, especially when you add a few hills to your regular running route. Sprints are another option for folks wanting to both burn more calories and tighten up the old tush. A 140-lb person burns 475 calories during a 45 minute jog.

9) Kickboxing
Kickboxing was a hot item back in the day, but it's still a great workout. Controlled kicks work your hips, thighs and butt while complex combinations that include punches will target your abs to make them stronger. A 140-lb woman will burn up to 500 calories with 45 minutes of kickboxing.

10)Walking
Walking is easy: you can do it anywhere, anytime with no special equipment. There's no learning curve and it's something you can incorporate all day long. If you walk up hills, you can really target your glutes and, if you pick up the intensity, you'll burn some of that extra flab off your buns! A 140-lb person burns about 300 calories an hour during a brisk walk.

HIP EXCERSISE

u lie on the floor (put smth down your spine if it's bony) legs angled 90 degrees. From there u just start lifting your hips. I also used to put some weights on my pelvic area to make it more efficient. it makes narrow hips really nice in profile. and the muscles in there are the biggest so u would be using quite a bit energy by doing so.

FOODS TO EAT:
1. Drink Loads of Water
2. Increase protein
3. Drink 3 to 4 glasses of carnation instant breakfast everyday.

You will start to see a diff. in a week but u will see massive change in three weeks!!!

#1 thing ladies: STAY MOTIVATED, AND FOCUS

TIME TO GET THAT J-LO PLUMP SHAPE Ass!!

Replies:
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 4:10am
Any Challenges???

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 4:25am
I'll have to pass I already have a booty like Serena Williams--too much junk in my trunk no need in trying to make it bigger.  I'm trying to get from Serena to the old Beyonce.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 4:31am
Originally posted by QueenBee QueenBee wrote:

I'll have to pass I already have a booty like Serena Williams--too much junk in my trunk no need in trying to make it bigger. I'm trying to get from Serena to the old Beyonce.

Hey the Bigger The Better!!

Posted By: emih19
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 5:40am
hey tash..maybe you could make a youtube video?
i would like to join

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 5:42am
Originally posted by emih19 emih19 wrote:

i would like to join

Hey, I never thought about that?

Well see

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:44am
yo, emih19

Good looking out,im trying to see how to use the youtube..

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:45am
ok girl...cant wait to see the video. when is the challenge gonna start?

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:47am
Challenge starts Today!!

So i suggest you get a quick morning butt workout before you start yo day.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:48am
hihihi will do....
must we post before pictures..to see what the results are?

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:51am

hihihi will do....
must we post before pictures..to see what the results are?

There you go again thinking smart. I think that's an EXCELLENT idea!!

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:52am
CALLING ALL LADIES:

Its not mandatory, But you can also post before and after pics to see the difference as well as yo feedback if you like!!

:)

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:54am

does this challenge have a end date?do we need to eat certain things for protein? water intake? im just asking hihihi i want me some more butt....my butt has gotten a lil smaller since i lost weight

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 7:01am
There really is no end date. Its more like a month in a half butt challenge. If someone missed last month, they will be able to start the following month.... I will have challenges in sessions. Session #1 Butt challenge starts TODAY and ends 05/23/07. Session #2 starts 05/24/07 and ends 07/7/07 and so on......

I will later POST certain foods to eat far as protein goes.

AS OF RIGHT NOW, I SUGGEST YOU EAT LOTS AND LOTS OF CORNBREAD, POTATOES and PEANUT BUTTER!!!

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 7:03am
ahahaaha tasha want to make a girl thick?hiiihhiihhihhi.
cant wait to see the progress....
ill post my pictures later

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 7:05am
LOl....well im sure u heard that cornbread IS 'Butt" food and potatoes and peanut butter are also protein as well.

But do DRINK WATER.

Posted By: bubblep0p
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 7:31am
I'm definitely up for this... but make a video because I'm exercise retarded without picture instructions. LOL

Posted By: SwtyPie
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 8:13am
Here a site that shows different types of lunges for you guys to do.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/videos/member/;jsessionid=ZQZXLVIVQBEB3QFIBQPR42Q" rel="no follow - http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/fitness/videos/member/;jsessionid=ZQZXLVIVQBEB3QFIBQPR42Q

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:03am
Welcome aboard!!

Trust me, its well worth it!!!

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:43am
Ok Tasha. I tried some of the squats last night. Question? - Do I squeeze my but when lunging forward or no?

Posted By: MODIVA7
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:55am
I wanna join, my body has gotten a little sloppy after having my son, plus summer is coming.  I GOTTA GET READY!!!

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 10:14am
hello,

only one the lunges you DO NOT squeeze butt. The lunges does all the work

On the other workouts, YOU DO squeeze butt

Posted By: myhips
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 10:39am
I think I'm going to join as well, my husband is taking me on vacation the last weekend of the month.  I have been working on my stomach area so I can look somewhat decent in this bathing suit, lol. I think I have a nice shape backside, but hence my username I am more hips than butt.  I'm counting on your routine and that link to give it that extra bounce.

By the way when you say sets, how many are you actually doing ie: 3 sets of 30 (90) or just 30.

Posted By: Candy Kane
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 12:51pm

i would like to join

Hey gurllllll, you know I'm down for the challenge!!! as a matter of fact I feel like I've worked more of my body with your workout plan..... And you on youtube would be Thumbs%20Up So far I'm lovin the way I feel and I know I will have a BIGGER butt soon with you... So heck give it a try you have nothing to loose except a flat A**Thumbs%20Up or one of those BUTTS thats starting to drop!! And yes protien is a must!!!! Of course water try to get 64oz a day to help flush your body(4 of the 16oz bottles of water is what I drink daily)

Posted By: mzdeidra
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 12:53pm
I will like to see a picture of YOUR booty first before getting into this :)

Posted By: tanya22
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 2:34pm
I'll Join. I just had my baby too, so now I have energy to get that booty I've always wanted.Wink  LOL LOL LOL

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by tanya22 tanya22 wrote:

I'll Join. I just had my baby too, so now I have energy to get that booty I've always wanted.Wink  LOL LOL LOL

Congrats!!!

Posted By: Entice
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by mzdeidra mzdeidra wrote:

I will like to see a picture of YOUR booty first before getting into this :)

LOLLOLLOL Deidra ain't playin, she wants to see proof

Posted By: Missshannon
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by tanya22 tanya22 wrote:

girly I hope you up for it cause them squats aint no joke but hey maybe we can do it together if your really sure you want to do them lol Wink

I'm just hoping to get some more hips out of this lol

Posted By: mcelweewife
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 3:21pm
Those moves are top-notch. They are all in my Firm tapes. Every FIRM tape has those moves. That call the chair move the "fanny lifter" and it does work.ClapClapClap Great going girlies. If you do the chair move more frequently your butt will shrink, because you are using the muscle so much..but if you do it 3 times a week, like Tasha suggested your fanny will indeed get bigger. When you do strength moves as in-frequently as 3 times a week, as opposed to 6 times a week, the muscle will expand, instead of shrink.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by mcelweewife mcelweewife wrote:

Those moves are top-notch. They are all in my Firm tapes. Every FIRM tape has those moves. That call the chair move the "fanny lifter" and it does work.ClapClapClap Great going girlies. If you do the chair move more frequently your butt will shrink, because you are using the muscle so much..but if you do it 3 times a week, like Tasha suggested your fanny will indeed get bigger. When you do strength moves as in-frequently as 3 times a week, as opposed to 6 times a week, the muscle will expand, instead of shrink.

ITA,Thumbs%20Up you r so right

Posted By: MarshyMarsh
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 5:52pm

I'm in on this as well but I'm starting slow.

I'll do all the exercises you posted but I'm doing 5 sets of 10 for each routine on each leg. Not 30-40 reps. I'll try to take before and after pics.

Posted By: bright1
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:01pm
I started working out 3 weeks ago and im noticing a difference already... My jeans are getting 2 tight, Those squats really work, i currently do 3 sets of 20!!!!!

Posted By: miss_westindies
Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 6:56pm

So all those things I've been doing daily has been in vain? I didn't notice negative effects just plumpness but no increase in inches...

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by bright1 bright1 wrote:

I started working out 3 weeks ago and im noticing a difference already... My jeans are getting 2 tight, Those squats really work, i currently do 3 sets of 20!!!!!

You Go GIRLClapClapClap

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by miss_westindies miss_westindies wrote:

So all those things I've been doing daily has been in vain? I didn't notice negative effects just plumpness but no increase in inches...

If you see a difference, don;t pay no mind to meLOL everyone's body is different. Normally though, if you work a muscle a lot, it becomes smaller and tighter. If you work it a few times a week, it becomes tighter and bigger.

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 8:37pm
No I won't ignore you this could be vital information, I'll your method of 3x a week and drink a protein drink after the  workout and see how it goes!Big%20smile

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 8:40pm
please keep us posted, if I'm wrong, please let me knowApprove

Date Posted: Apr 10 2007 at 9:01pm
I will report back...

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 12:43am
Hey ladies how is everything goin?

Im am thrilled to see alot of positive feedback from my topic. If you have any before and after pictures, do post.

Dont forget reply with your feedback.

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 12:49am

Those moves are top-notch. They are all in my Firm tapes. Every FIRM tape has those moves. That call the chair move the "fanny lifter" and it does work.reat going girlies. If you do the chair move more frequently your butt will shrink, because you are using the muscle so much..but if you do it 3 times a week, like Tasha suggested your fanny will indeed get bigger. When you do strength moves as in-frequently as 3 times a week, as opposed to 6 times a week, the muscle will expand, instead of shrink.

yes these moves i use in my butt routine are TOP-NOTCH!!!

To those who are wiling to experience my butt routine, stay focus and motivated and to those who are hesitate, its still cool the challenge will always be here for ya........   

BUT

im tellin you from a women to a women that im 100% positive that this will lead you to a J-LO booty!!!

TIP #1
Also, ladies when your starting my routine please first do half the reps THEN work your way up

Because your body isnt used to working that much at one time. Trust me, you will still get the same results but you must start of slow and steady then work your way up

TIP#2
Lastly, dont forget about ankle weights or weights (dumbells) Yes, its excellent to work this routine without weights BUT the weights gets the booty plump, firm and juicy!!!

So its best to use weights . The heavier the better, but once again start off lite and work your way up

I started out with 5 lbs but now im more like 8-10lbs

JUST WANTED TO GIVE YA'LL SOME POINTERS!!

keep it up ladies!

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 1:26am

HOW TO GET SHAPLIER (WIDER) HIPS:

Okay so you want shaplier hips?Do squats with weights and build yourself up with the amount of weight you can handle slowly.Dont be afraid to go heavy you wont look like a man.You'll also have a nice high,hard bowling ball butt!Another thing to WIDEN THE HIPS are leg presses on the leg press machine. I believe you would have to go the gym, but ill research and find a better solution of what to use as an alternate at home.

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 6:55pm
Hey everyone, hope your workin hard to get that Juicy Bootay, Time is tickin away..... still doin mine.....Thumbs%20Up

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Candy Kane Candy Kane wrote:

You Go GIRLClapClapClap

THANK YOU, GIRL WHEN I WAS BUCKKED NAKED THE OTHER NIGHT AND MY FIANCE SAW MY BOOTY HE WAS LIKE ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:17pm

THANK YOU, GIRL WHEN I WAS BUCKKED NAKED THE OTHER NIGHT AND MY FIANCE SAW MY BOOTY HE WAS LIKE ShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked
[/QUOTE]

I know that's right, MISS BOOTY, ooopppppps I mean Miss Bright1LOL

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 7:22pm
LOL

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 9:25pm
Thanks! for the positive feed back ladies

Im on my second week of starting back my routine and DAMN!!

My back is looking phat!!!

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 10:59pm
I'm in pain now from yesterday's workout but I didn't do it today. Will do tomorrow again.

Date Posted: Apr 11 2007 at 11:24pm
Thats good your working out girl, but make sure you dont push so hard in the first week. Take your time and do the most you can and work your way up.

Just a tip from me to you

Posted By: dohdoh_14
Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 7:49am
hey tasha!!

have you seen results so far...if so, how?? also is 10 - 13 lbs dumbells good enough or is it too small?

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 8:25am
also tasha - how do i know 10lbs dumbells are enough??

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 8:45am
Hey, Yes!!! I see results in my bootay already.

Its looking plump, and firm.

Far as 10-13lbs goes, thats alot of weight for a beginner. I believe you should start off light and work yo way up. If your cool with doing 10-13lbs as of right now, I say go for it girl!! The heavier the weights the better.

Keep it up, stay focus and motivated .

You will see results in no time-trust!

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 8:46am
dohdoh_14

I usually use 8-10lbs weight. but ive been doing this workout for a long time that i think i need to step my weights up a little too!

LOL

LADIES:

did i mention that you thighs will be getting bigger too?

Its from the lunges and the ankle weights and or dumbells you are using. While your focusing on your butt cheeks, your also targeting you thighs too!.......

One of my guy friends told me once before that he noticed firm, tight muscles in my thighs. Like the nice athletic legs that are sexy looking from miles away. And i had jeans on. He asked have i been working out cuz they seem a bit bigger.
hahahahahaha

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 12:21pm

Aight i aimed to try but what i want to know is how much of difference did you see in 4 weeks? 

I have been doing the other exercises in the other booty challenge and my butt feel tighter but the funny thing is my butt isn't sore but my back and legs are.  Is this normal?  Shouldn't i feel sore aroung the butt area?  I know this question may sound funny, but i was wondering if I have too much fat in the butt area, would it take longer to see the results?  I really want my booty to sit high on my back....i don't want J-Lo butt, i want the African Bootay.   

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Ds2nice Ds2nice wrote:

Aight i aimed to try but what i want to know is how much of difference did you see in 4 weeks?

I have been doing the other exercises in the other booty challenge and my butt feel tighter but the funny thing is my butt isn't sore but my back and legs are. Is this normal? Shouldn't i feel sore aroung the butt area? I know this question may sound funny, but i was wondering if I have too much fat in the butt area, would it take longer to see the results? I really want my booty to sit high on my back....i don't want J-Lo butt, i want the African Bootay.    

Hey girl, you should see a massive difference in the butt area in four weeks. Far as your back being sore that is a no no. Which means that your bending your back when ur suppose to keep it straight. Now it is good to know that ur legs are being sore a little. When you do butt excersies are also working your thighs.
With my routine, this targets the butt cheeks as well as the thighs in a good way. Doing the lungs, butt lift, and all the others will help plump and firm that butt. Using weights is a plus!

Speaking of african bootay....U seen serena williams right? Booty like POW!! Thighs like BOOM! Well she works out her assets with weights and butt excersises.....

Try my routine and see for ya self

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 2:12pm
Tasha, are you still going to post pics of your results? Pics are a great motivator!Thumbs%20Up

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by tasha92337 tasha92337 wrote:

I have been doing the other exercises in the other booty challenge and my butt feel tighter but the funny thing is my butt isn't sore but my back and legs are. Is this normal? Shouldn't i feel sore aroung the butt area? I know this question may sound funny, but i was wondering if I have too much fat in the butt area, would it take longer to see the results? I really want my booty to sit high on my back....i don't want J-Lo butt, i want the African Bootay.    

Hey girl, you should see a massive difference in the butt area in four weeks. Far as your back being sore that is a no no. Which means that your bending your back when ur suppose to keep it straight. Now it is good to know that ur legs are being sore a little. When you do butt excersies are also working your thighs.
With my routine, this targets the butt cheeks as well as the thighs in a good way. Doing the lungs, butt lift, and all the others will help plump and firm that butt. Using weights is a plus!

Speaking of african bootay....U seen serena williams right? Booty like POW!! Thighs like BOOM! Well she works out her assets with weights and butt excersises.....

Try my routine and see for ya self

I guess i was doing it incorrectly last night because i can feel it in my waist.   You should see me wobblin around the office. The people at work must think i had a fight with my bf last night.    

Serena!?  Girl!! i got her picture on my refrigerator door  to keep me focus and motivated so i can get my bootay to look like hers.   Lord knows i don't have the strength to be running on the tennis court like her.  I will need a cases of energy/tonic drinks to keep me going like that. 

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 6:14pm
Well Tasha I'm starting off without the weights for the first week. Later on I'll start using the weights. I wonder how comes I am not feeling the burn in my butt but more in my legs?! Ermm

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 7:21pm
You feel the burn in the legs and butt on the lunges. you feel the burn in the butt on the butt lifts and you feel the burn in butt and legs on the stair stepper.

far as the lunges goes after a certain of time going back and forth, you first feel it in your thighs and THEN u start feeling your butt cheeks getting worked on!

are u also squeezing ur butt?

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 7:23pm

Hey girl, you should see a massive difference in the butt area in four weeks. Far as your back being sore that is a no no. Which means that your bending your back when ur suppose to keep it straight. Now it is good to know that ur legs are being sore a little. When you do butt excersies are also working your thighs. With my routine, this targets the butt cheeks as well as the thighs in a good way. Doing the lungs, butt lift, and all the others will help plump and firm that butt. Using weights is a plus! Speaking of african bootay....U seen serena williams right? Booty like POW!! Thighs like BOOM! Well she works out her assets with weights and butt excersises..... Try my routine and see for ya self [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="middle" />

I guess i was doing it incorrectly last night because i can feel it in my waist.   You should see me wobblin around the office. The people at work must think i had a fight with my bf last night.    

Serena!? Girl!! i got her picture on my refrigerator door to keep me focus and motivated so i can get my bootay to look like hers.   Lord knows i don't have the strength to be running on the tennis court like her. I will need a cases of energy/tonic drinks to keep me going like that.

hey girl....when u say that u wobble that means that ur moving too fast. take your time and go slow...

plus,its best to imagine a line straight in front. if not, use tape to make a straight line and place ur feet there. that way ur body and posture is straight

Date Posted: Apr 12 2007 at 9:52pm
hey ladies,.. how is it going!! make sure you drink a cup of tea right before you workout, this helps to lessen muscle pain while you workout and helps you to do more. i think i am seriously going to follow through with my program this time ( i got a lot of thanks to give god 2nite, btw y am i tearing?? lol  ) good night ladies and remember to stay positive and motivated!!! mwah!!

Posted By: perfection
Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:09am
i didnt see were it said 3 times a week, I only saw twice daily. Can some one please clarify how often to do the whole ruitine? Also I dont really want bigger thighs, I have some booty already but no hips and my thighs could use toning but the def dont need to be bigger. smaller if i could, lol! Is there anything i should do difrently to balk up the but and hips and not the thighs?

Posted By: mzdeidra
Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:12am
Still no pics? That's a shame. smh - I ain't motivated yet!

Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:15am
Originally posted by dohdoh_14 dohdoh_14 wrote:

hey ladies,.. how is it going!! make sure you drink a cup of tea right before you workout, this helps to lessen muscle pain while you workout and helps you to do more. i think i am seriously going to follow through with my program this time ( i got a lot of thanks to give god 2nite, btw y am i tearing?? lol ) good night ladies and remember to stay positive and motivated!!! mwah!!

Thanks for the tip!

Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:18am
Originally posted by perfection perfection wrote:

i didnt see were it said 3 times a week, I only saw twice daily. Can some one please clarify how often to do the whole ruitine? Also I dont really want bigger thighs, I have some booty already but no hips and my thighs could use toning but the def dont need to be bigger. smaller if i could, lol! Is there anything i should do difrently to balk up the but and hips and not the thighs?

Hey girl, you do the 'Baby got back ' excersises only three times a week. Far as the others goes you can do those every day if u like.

What i mean by bigger thighs, i do mean toning. Ive been doing this workout for a while now and like i said in my story when my guy friend noticed how he sees muscle threw my jeans- my thighs are known as tone and slight bigger.

im not saying bigger like rapper trina thighs or beyonce. i have a small body frame so anything that grows an inch looks BIG on MY body. ...lol

Glad ur joining.

Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:20am
Originally posted by mzdeidra mzdeidra wrote:

Still no pics? That's a shame. smh - I ain't motivated yet!

Why do pics gotta get u motivated? havent the testimonies said enough?

well this thread is always open for ya

Posted By: perfection
Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:34am

im samall too. 5'7 125lbs 34 26 37. size 3 jeans. i need more hip then anything but i hate that my thighs touch. with this fix that?

Date Posted: Apr 13 2007 at 12:58am
size three?

im a 3-5 size. depends on the jeans. My best bet is just do the all the excersises except lunges. They help with butt and thighs..

Date Posted: Apr 15 2007 at 6:17am
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADIES!!!

Posted By: sweetdslollipop
Date Posted: Apr 15 2007 at 1:15pm
i wanna join.
i'm 5'3 and a half. lol. i think 125 ish. 32-30-36. yikes, i need to work my waist too! too much cornbread. lol. and i don't have hips, but u said eat corn bread to get hips, but cornbread gives me a tummy...what should i do? i want to get my waist down to 26 eventually. oh my thighs are 21. i'm a size 8-10.

anyone see progress yet? pictures?

Date Posted: Apr 15 2007 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by sweetdslollipop sweetdslollipop wrote:

i wanna join.
i'm 5'3 and a half. lol. i think 125 ish. 32-30-36. yikes, i need to work my waist too! too much cornbread. lol. and i don't have hips, but u said eat corn bread to get hips, but cornbread gives me a tummy...what should i do? i want to get my waist down to 26 eventually. oh my thighs are 21. i'm a size 8-10.

anyone see progress yet? pictures?

Welcome aboard!

I believe cornbread goes straight to the back side from my exp. lol
But to others its also to the tummy.

I do have an excerises down below on the first page to get shaplier hips..

Date Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 3:04am
I GOT IT!!!

Ive been doing some research and found this site "Excersises to widen HIPS"

1. Squats

2. Lunges

3. Deadlifts

TIP: Use each excersise with HEAVY weights!!!

squat and deadlift heavy end up with bigger waists in addition to wider asses and hips

Date Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 3:14am
22. WELL FOR ALL THOSE GIRLS WHO WANT TO GET THICK LEGS BUT DONT WANT TO MESS UP THEIR NICE FLAT STOMACH, THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO DO IT. WHEN YOU EAT, WAIT A LIL BIT UNTIL THE FOOD GOES DOWN A BIT THEN START DOING CRUNCHES SO THAT THE FAT THAT YOU JUST ATE WILL GO TO YOUR THIGHS AND YOUR BUTT AND NOT TO YOUR STOMACH. AND GURLS IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A NICE FLAT STOMACH THERE IS A WORKOUT TO HELP IT LOOK EVEN SEXIER! THIS WILL TAKE 2 WEEKS.

Date Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 3:14am
lunges and squats especially after eating cornbread, greens or any kind of soul food, cause these things go straight to yo butt

Date Posted: Apr 19 2007 at 3:23am

I went to a health store and they said some people who are skinny eat a lot of fatty foods and stay skinny because the fat is in the blood stream. So eat baked chicken lots of fruit and VEGGIES ( important!!) . Also drink a protien supplement. You must eat three meals a day and two snacks. It you miss a meal drink the protein shake. It worked for me. OH MAKE SURE U DO ATLEAST A HUNDRED CRUNCHES FOR A FLAT TUMMY AND TWICE A DAY HOOLA_HOOP FOR THE SLIM WAIST DO IT UNTIL YOU FEEL YOUR SIDES BURN AND TIGHTEN

Posted By: MO
Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 12:13pm

any updates Ladies.....

Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 2:40pm
updates,.....i need to post a picture as well

Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 2:40pm
I had my result pic in my avi, those were my results.

Posted By: mrsboss78
Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 4:11pm
When I was pregnant I gained 95lbs. My hips got a little wider and my butt a little bigger(I love the size)I have a question., for someone who already has a nice size butt, will these exercises help firm, tone and lift?

Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by mrsboss78 mrsboss78 wrote:

When I was pregnant I gained 95lbs. My hips got a little wider and my butt a little bigger(I love the size)I have a question., for someone who already has a nice size butt, will these exercises help firm, tone and lift?

Yes!!!

kickbacks- lifting

lunges- tone

squats- firm

also do ATG SQUATS!!! AND DEADLIFTS = targets butt cheeks

Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 5:46pm
I was losing inches on my thighs so I stopped.

Date Posted: Apr 27 2007 at 6:03pm

tasha...do you do atc squats on a squat machine or with dumbbells and how do you do them?

Posted By: sarina00000
Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 1:46am

TIP#2
Lastly, dont forget about ankle weights or weights (dumbells) Yes, its excellent to work this routine without weights BUT the weights gets the booty plump, firm and juicy!!!

So its best to use weights . The heavier the better, but once again start off lite and work your way up

I started out with 5 lbs but now im more like 8-10lbs

JUST WANTED TO GIVE YA'LL SOME POINTERS!!

keep it up ladies!

This might sound slow and all but do you have to use weight on your ankles?  Can you hold weights in your hand and will it work that way?

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 8:53am

tasha...do you do atc squats on a squat machine or with dumbbells and how do you do them?

Check out these 2 Youtube videos for ATG Squats

http://youtube.com/watch?v=up5AjuHG1So

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-282888063039246724&q=atg+squat&hl=en

***You can use a bar instead or dumbells which I use when doing these squats.

Also look at this link below: "How to get a bigger butt" ATG Squats!!!

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/training/76738-how-get-bigger-butt.html

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 8:57am
Originally posted by sarina00000 sarina00000 wrote:

TIP#2 Lastly, dont forget about ankle weights or weights (dumbells) Yes, its excellent to work this routine without weights BUT the weights gets the booty plump, firm and juicy!!! So its best to use weights . The heavier the better, but once again start off lite and work your way up I started out with 5 lbs but now im more like 8-10lbs JUST WANTED TO GIVE YA'LL SOME POINTERS!! :) keep it up ladies!

This might sound slow and all but do you have to use weight on your ankles? Can you hold weights in your hand and will it work that way?

Hi, To increase muscle mass on y'all's butts, use ankles weights whenever you're doing butt-muscle exercises. To increase muscle mass, do two things: Use heavier weights that make you feel like you've worked that butt at the end of each set; and do low number of repetitions--2 or 3 sets of 8~10,three times a day is good. Use your judgments and common senses. Its still excellent to use weights in hand, but "ankle Weights" actually TARGET the buttocks in particular.
GOOD LUCK

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 11:30am
Tip #4

Squats and lunges are the best way to get a big butt and hips. It'll take about a month.

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 12:44pm
thanks tasha. how do you hold the dumbbells while doing atg squats

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 1:09pm

thanks tasha. how do you hold the dumbbells while doing atg squats

Your welcome!

You actually hold the dumbells as if your holding the bar in your hands. One dumb bell on each hand and leveled.

Let me know if u need anymore help

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 3:47pm
tasha again tasha! ur a great help. since doing the exercise, has ur hip measurements gotten bigger and have you gone up a pants size?

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 4:01pm
Im down for the challenge, the regimen that i have now is boring to me, I need to change up!!!! thanks for the information!!!

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 4:26pm

tasha again tasha! ur a great help. since doing the exercise, has ur hip measurements gotten bigger and have you gone up a pants size?

Hey girl,

Well Im naturally a petite women. My pants size is between 3-5. It all depends.

From last couple of months to now, I have notice an increase in my butt and like I said, If i gain   ANYTHING on MY body, its extremely noticeable.

I have the most smallest waist you can think of.....

Thanks to my genetics..lol

I hope everthing works out for you girl!!!

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 4:28pm

Im down for the challenge, the regimen that i have now is boring to me, I need to change up!!!! thanks for the information!!!

Welcome Aboard!!!

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 4:32pm
tasha i have a question, which one would be best for me, because i have to get the dumbells next weekend

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 4:36pm

tasha i have a question, which one would be best for me, because i have to get the dumbells next weekend

Do you mean the size?

The best tip to give ya is to start off small and work your way up. Meaning start with five lbs and work your way up to 8lbs -10lbs later.

Remember you want to think "heavier" is better and doing less Reps. is Key!

The type of dumbells I have is where you can unscrew each end of the dumbells which weigh 5lbs. And the dumbell "itself" weighs only 10.

Did I help answer your question girl?

Posted By: cityvixen
Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 5:32pm
I just want a bigger butt . I already have very wide hips. Will squats make my butt bigger only?

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 5:38pm
yes ma'am, they will make your booty bigger

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by cityvixen cityvixen wrote:

I just want a bigger butt . I already have very wide hips. Will squats make my butt bigger only?

Yes!!!

ATG SQUATS "Ass To Ground" Squats will make the booty BIG Sista

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 6:31pm
tasha do you know of a good site where i can purchase the ankle weights?

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 6:47pm

tasha do you know of a good site where i can purchase the ankle weights?

Do you have a BIG 5 sports store?

Anywhere at a sports store in your area

Date Posted: Apr 29 2007 at 7:50pm
you know, squatting on your tippy toes or in heels are really good too

Print Page | Close Window