Print Page | Close Window

Transition from damaged, chem. processed to Afro

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Children's Hair
Forum Name: Hair Care
Forum Description: Hair Care for the little ones.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=382307
Printed Date: Dec 12 2018 at 5:21pm

Topic: Transition from damaged, chem. processed to Afro
Posted By: eleven45
Subject: Transition from damaged, chem. processed to Afro
Date Posted: May 15 2016 at 7:03pm
Hi everyone, I hope I someone would kindly help me out as my 5year old boy's hair is in a terrible state.

My guess is he has type 4C, fine hair.

2. His hair is dry and breaks very badly due to poor management.
3. About 3/4 of the hair is still chemically processed but most of the under-growth isn't visible because the hair is packed in these photos.

I would love to achieve the following:
A: stop and repair breakage;
B: Grow his hair as long as possible;
C: Start a transition to natural hair and finish with a routine that is as natural as possible.

I would like to get his hair to look like the last photo even if it takes years.

Please see photos of his hair as it looks at this time:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzymwSAsQt7EZ0dCMi1JRTFPYTQ&usp=sharing

The extra photo is a group or items I bought off the internet - I've used none but the kids

conditioner to the left of the photo.
Please advise if I need to replace these with other products  if they would be safer and do a

better job.

Warm regards,
Michael.

Replies:
Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: May 15 2016 at 10:03pm
Wow.   Your 5 year old son has chemically damaged hair. Why is it so important to you to alter your child's hair?

Posted By: eleven45
Date Posted: May 16 2016 at 2:29am
Hi babelipsss, thanks for contributing.

He has had kid’s relaxer applied to his hair about four times in five years (one recently) and to the best of my knowledge, there wasn't any noticeable damage. We applied it sparingly for minimal time to get the hair soft enough to plait.

I noticed progressive damage after moving from a hot, humid country to England during winter.   Low humidity, dry winter air and blast of hot air from heating the home caused his hair to lose moisture, dry our and started to break.
I admit there was gross neglect on my part.

Right now I just use a simple moisturizer and lock it in with coconut oil.

Further contributions from anyone as regards where to go from here would be appreciated.

Print Page | Close Window