Print Page | Close Window

Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace Join The View

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374351
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 9:53am

Topic: Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace Join The View
Posted By: PurplePhase
Subject: Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace Join The View
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:38pm

ADVERTISEMENT

Is there still hope for Sunny?

Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace Join The View

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment" rel="nofollow - Entertainment Sep. 3, 2014 AT 9:45PM

http://www.usmagazine.com/contributor/brody-brown" rel="nofollow -
Rosie Perez

Credit: Michael N. Todaro/Getty Images

They'll be replacing Jenny McCarthy and Sherri Shepherd on the daytime talk show

The new season of The View will be hitting TV screens on Sept. 15, and along with the new season will be two new hosts: actress Rosie Perez and conservative political commentator Nicolle Wallace.

http://deadline.com/2014/09/nicolle-wallace-rosie-perez-the-view-hosts-828653/" rel="nofollow - Deadline revealed the two newcomers on Wednesday, and ABC later confirmed its report.

“I am beyond thrilled, honored and completely surprised that I’ve been asked to join The View,” Perez said about the gig in a statement from ABC. “Knowing that I’ll be in the company of Whoopi, Rosie and Nicolle, three very smart and engaging women that I have an immense amount of respect for, makes it even more unbelievable.”

For her part, Wallace — who has appeared on the show several times as a guest host, said in a statement: “I am honored to join the tradition of compelling conversations that has been the signature of The View for the better part of two decades.”

Perez and Wallace will be replacing the controversial former co-hosts Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy, who were http://time.com/2933355/view-jenny-mccarthy-sherri-shepherd/" rel="nofollow - both dropped over the summer . The two will join long-time hosts Rosie O’Donnell and Whoopi Goldberg to discuss current events on the occasionally combative daytime talk show.

Replies:
Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:40pm
That white lady is boringgggggg booooo

Happy about Rosie

I was rooting for sunny though

Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:41pm
is that the one that got into it with Whoop and Rosie?

I didn't even know Rosie was in the running. I hadn't seen her on a lot like Sunny and Nicolle,

Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:44pm
No purp she was pregnant

Wendy W said they should pick Rosie P wow she called that one as soon as jenny and Sherri announced they were leaving

Now there's gonna be 2 Rosie's

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:57pm
I'm happy for Rosie P. 

Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:10pm
I think I'll watch Meridith Viera's show. 

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:14pm
Rosie Perez has an annoying high pitched voice. I don't know if I want to hear that 1 hour per day, 5 days a week.

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 12:15am
Cancel this show! it's OVER!

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 1:19am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Rosie Perez has an annoying high pitched voice. I don't know if I want to hear that 1 hour per day, 5 days a week.

This was my first thought

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 2:21am
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 8:50am
Eff this show,

Wendy Williams was right on the money though

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 10:48am
anybody watching? I just turned on tv and it was on that channel, and I didn't even recognize the show. I was like 'what's this, a new show?' lol. The set and everything is entirely different.

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 10:53am
I like the new set Thumbs Up BUT hate the new crew Thumbs Down

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 10:54am
^^did you watch it? How did they seem to mesh?
I'm glad I happened to turn it on in time for the tribute to Joan. I like K Chenoweth, but almost didn't recognize her with her new hair lol

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 10:56am
pretty dress Rosie P is wearing.

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 10:58am
Whoop looks like she lost weight.

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

^^did you watch it? How did they seem to mesh?
I'm glad I happened to turn it on in time for the tribute to Joan. I like K Chenoweth, but almost didn't recognize her with her new hair lol

I watched it and I was disappointed, I didn't like the flow at all. I didn't feel that chemistry between the hosts. I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better but if not Imma be out like Sheri & Jenny.

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 11:23am
I like the new set, they look like they are all friends

Rosie o and her feet smhhhhh

Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 11:34am
Originally posted by DIVA007 DIVA007 wrote:

I watched it and I was disappointed, I didn't like the flow at all. I didn't feel that chemistry between the hosts. I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better but if not Imma be out like Sheri & Jenny.

lol
I dropped them too.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 15 2014 at 12:41pm
God the energy is so awkward Confused

It's like the first day of school lol

They're trying to be all get-a-longy and the newbies are all newby-ish and intimidated
Hate the new format... makes them appear less comfortable

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Sep 16 2014 at 12:20pm
I did not watch yesterday except for the first 5 minutes.
Watching today, and really love Rosie Perez. She keeps it real.
I like Rosie O, but her personality is so 'Alpha', like to be in control. Wonder how that will play out later on with Whoopie being at the head of the table

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:00pm
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m318meUAyO1rsyeqso2_400.gif

Tempers explode on The View as Whoopi and Rosie O'Donnell "come to blows" during a commercial break

1412004918782_wps_31_NEW_YORK_APRIL_20_Rosie_O

A nasty showdown erupted on the set of The View last Thursday when the show's moderator Whoopi Goldberg and co-host Rosie O'Donnell got into a heated spat in front of the studio audience.

Rosie was upset because Whoopi cut her off on a 'Hot Topic' subject that O'Donnell indicated she was passionate about backstage before the show. The segment ran out of time and Whoopi had to cut to a commercial, a show insider tells MailOnline exclusively.

The 'Hot Topic' was on spanking and the segment was running long, so producers told Whoopi it was time to go to commercial break in her ear. Rosie refuses to wear an ISD monitor in her ear so the control room is unable to speak to her.

Whoopi told her that if she had an ear monitor, she would have known what was going on. When Whoopi did the abrupt cut to commercial, when Rosie let loose, the insider said.

1412005033025_wps_36_In_this_image_released_by
'As soon as they went to commercial break, Rosie took the handheld microphone that they use to engage the audience,' explains the tipster.

'Instead of talking to the crowd, Rosie spoke directly to Whoopi in the mic that she "hurt my feelings," and that she was "very upset by it" and "didn't appreciate" what Whoopi had done.'

Standing to the side without a microphone, Whoopi responded by saying: 'This isn't the time for this, Rosie.'

Instead of moving on, O'Donnell continued to gripe openly in front of the audience in the microphone about what she perceived as an on-air snub.

'Well I just don't appreciate you saying that you were going to do something and not doing it. It makes me upset and I just don't want to have to go through this,' O'Donnell continued.

Goldberg, looking annoyed, shot back: 'I said this was not the time Rosie.'

Not phased by the Oscar winner's petition to leave matters alone until after the show, the 52-year-old comedienne continued to vent about Whoopi's actions.

The View moderator then fired back to Rosie: 'F*** it, I told you to leave it alone and you just don't want to listen. If you want to go there Rosie, I will dammit. I'm really sick of your s***!'

A hush fell over the studio.

1412004987810_Image_galleryImage_THE_VIEW_A_new_season_of_ 1412004989480_wps_35_Whoopi_Goldberg_appeared_
'At this point, you could've heard a pin drop. It was like everything came to a standstill and Rosie finally backed down,' the source explained.

New co-host Rosie Perez then jumped up and made light of the moment, ending the quiet that had fallen over the room.

'Oh s***, Twitter is going to be off the hook now,' Perez quipped, causing the crowd to laugh. 'They're about to get it,' she continued.

Producers hurried over to the two ladies with notes and information regarding the next segment and when the show returned live, it was as though nothing had gone wrong.

Relations between Rosie and Whoopi behind the scenes at The View have been tense since the beginning of the season, as sources believe that O'Donnell really wants to be in her old moderator role and is having a hard time playing second fiddle to Goldberg.

Additionally, Goldberg has begged ABC to terminate her contract with the network and pay her the remaining $10 million on her deal to go home, as she hates working on the show now, particularly with all of the changes.

1412006641001_wps_38_Rosi_O_donnell_jpg
Sources at The View tell MailOnline that Rosie has been a terror from the get-go, only allowing the three new executive producers and co-hosts; Whoopi and newcomers Rosie Perez and Nicolle Wallace, to communicate with her and making it clear to everyone in earshot, she's literally running the show.

'She has a definitive view of how she would like the show to go and wants everyone else to fall in line,' said a show insider.

When Rosie and new co-host Nicole Wallace did a test show with two fill-in hosts in an effort to build chemistry. Neither Rosie Perez or Whoopi were present.

Despite the fact that Whoopi is the regular moderator for the show, leading the discussion, Rosie took charge of the test show with Nicole.

'It was almost as though she was rehearsing for when she eventually takes over as moderator. It's clear that she would have preferred being in that capacity as she was before,' offered the source.

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:06pm
If I was in the audience I wouldve been dying at the awkwardness.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:13pm
DAYUM...NOW THIS ISH IS SUPER GOOD....KEEP BOTH ROSIE O AND WHOOPI...this show needs a lot of drama...I give 2 thumbs up and snap around the world for this tom-foolery..

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:19pm
Thumbs up to whoopie. Some people push you there when they have been politely warned.

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:29pm
oh my.

team Whoopi

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

DAYUM...NOW THIS ISH IS SUPER GOOD....KEEP BOTH ROSIE O AND WHOOPI...this show needs a lot of drama...I give 2 thumbs up and snap around the world for this tom-foolery..

girl yes. Some juice for my thread lol

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 3:48pm
Thumbs Up Big smile

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 4:13pm
I don't see this line up lasting. Rosie is unstable

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 8:42pm
I love Whoopi and her attitude, I know she's just smoking hella blunts now laughing at this. 
They're crazy.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 8:54pm
I think whoppi is gonna just pay the fines and leave.......

I think the show is too white washed for her now.  Her liveliest moments are when they have an all minority cast.

and I HATE the new lay out of the show   

Date Posted: Sep 30 2014 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I think whoppi is gonna just pay the fines and leave.......

I think the show is too white washed for her now.  Her liveliest moments are when they have an all minority cast.

and I HATE the new lay out of the show   

I feel like she's too about her check

Date Posted: Nov 02 2014 at 2:38am
I finally speed watched/ffwd thru most a bunch of these on my dvr and I was quite impressed with Rosie P. I actually enjoy her more than Sherrie. Pleasantly surprised.

Print Page | Close Window