Print Page | Close Window

Did anyone receive an email from BellaDonna?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374302
Printed Date: Oct 23 2017 at 2:18pm

Topic: Did anyone receive an email from BellaDonna?
Posted By: Motheone
Subject: Did anyone receive an email from BellaDonna?
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 9:08am
Well I did...

It has come to our attention that you've been awarded a refund from your back in the amount of $232.00, the full purchase amount of your hair order. However, we do not have the merchandise back from you.

PayPal stated that they requested a tracking number from you and it showed the items undeliverable as addressed. You chose to attempt to return the items to an unauthorized address and the tracking indicates they have been/will be returned to you. 

As it stands now, you have committed an act of theft because we do NOT have the merchandise in our possession, however, you have been refunded for it.  

Please understand that we will not stand for allowing this to happen, I assure of that you. While PayPal has stated that they will appeal the chargeback with your bank to reverse your win if you do not furnish us with the merchandise in 5 business days, we have also been instructed by them to pursue this both criminally and civilly as well.

However, before taking things to that extreme, I am offering you the option of simply returning the merchandise to an authorized address and being done with this matter once and for all. 

However, failure to do so will result in a criminal complaint being filed against you and a civil motion drawn up against you to sue for the full price of the product, all court associated fees, and additional inconveniences and damages associated with having to go this route to recoup the merchandise. 

If you are unable to retrieve the hair extensions, or no longer have them in your possession for any reason, that is unfortunate but we cannot be held responsible or liable as you did NOT attempt to return to an AUTHORIZED mailing address, in which case you will be expected to refund the full amount of the purchase. 

Consider this the FIRST official warning of our intent. We hope that this matter may be solved amicably with you simply returning the merchandise. If not, we will proceed with further action accordingly. 

You may return the product to the following AUTHORIZED address in 5 BUSINESS days from the time of this email to avoid further efforts on our behalf:

BDE
5922 Cypresswood Green Dr
Spring, TX 77373

Thank you 

My question is can they do this, file legal actions against me? I mailed the hair back to the P.O Box. I called my bank and they said that they will deny their appeal. Also, coincidentally my check card was fraudulently used this weekend - even though the card is in my wallet. Ouch

Replies:
Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 11:55am
GirrrrrlllllllllllllllllllAngry

CurvyGrl is an absolute mess.  That bish ain't fittin' to do nothing. It would cost more than the hair to take any kind of action.  You did what you were supposed to do - you returned the product to what you thought was the business address.  You need to turn the tables and let her know that you will report her for fraud.  You need to let PayPal know how she operates.  She purposely puts out a fake address to prevent people from making returns.  PayPal requires all businesses to have legitimate and verifiable addresses, and that heffa is violating their policies.

Just ignore that and keep it movin'.

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Motheone Motheone wrote:

Well I did...

It has come to our attention that you've been awarded a refund from your back in the amount of $232.00, the full purchase amount of your hair order. However, we do not have the merchandise back from you.

PayPal stated that they requested a tracking number from you and it showed the items undeliverable as addressed. You chose to attempt to return the items to an unauthorized address and the tracking indicates they have been/will be returned to you. 

As it stands now, you have committed an act of theft because we do NOT have the merchandise in our possession, however, you have been refunded for it.  

Please understand that we will not stand for allowing this to happen, I assure of that you. While PayPal has stated that they will appeal the chargeback with your bank to reverse your win if you do not furnish us with the merchandise in 5 business days, we have also been instructed by them to pursue this both criminally and civilly as well.

However, before taking things to that extreme, I am offering you the option of simply returning the merchandise to an authorized address and being done with this matter once and for all. 

However, failure to do so will result in a criminal complaint being filed against you and a civil motion drawn up against you to sue for the full price of the product, all court associated fees, and additional inconveniences and damages associated with having to go this route to recoup the merchandise. 

If you are unable to retrieve the hair extensions, or no longer have them in your possession for any reason, that is unfortunate but we cannot be held responsible or liable as you did NOT attempt to return to an AUTHORIZED mailing address, in which case you will be expected to refund the full amount of the purchase. 

Consider this the FIRST official warning of our intent. We hope that this matter may be solved amicably with you simply returning the merchandise. If not, we will proceed with further action accordingly. 

You may return the product to the following AUTHORIZED address in 5 BUSINESS days from the time of this email to avoid further efforts on our behalf:

Here is the PHYSICAL ADDRESS FOR THE FRAUDULENT COMPANY BELLADONNA EXTENSIONS:

BDE
Spring, TX 77373

Thank you 

My question is can they do this, file legal actions against me? I mailed the hair back to the P.O Box. I called my bank and they said that they will deny their appeal. Also, coincidentally my check card was fraudulently used this weekend - even though the card is in my wallet. Ouch

Posted By: lovinglace
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:31pm
Yes they can sue if you keep the merchandise, I forgot off hand the legal term for a refunded customer keeping the merchandise but yes. If you were refunded you are not supposed to keep the merchandise legally. The same if you went into a physical store you'd have to give back the merchandise before they'd grant your refund. It's different online whereas the retailer has to rely on the honesty of the customer and take further action if need be or deemed worth while.

If they can prove that their policy states that returns have to be sent to an authorized address, and or if the tracking proves the package was returned to you I don't see why they wouldn't win in a court of law.

If you do a little research you can probably find the legal term for it.

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:51pm

Curvy is that you????????

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:54pm
AGAIN....you did what you were supposed to do.  You mailed the hair to the location that BDE provided as a return address.  The fact that this address turned out to be defunct/fraudulent is not your fault.  If they didn't receive it, that's because they were being dishonest. 

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 1:05pm
lol not surprised by that, it's typical. TextureD Obviously that's directed at me. Please grow up, the girl asked a serious question of which required a helpful fact based response. Not a bandwagon, go with the flow, emotionally driven "girl do you"   

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 1:06pm
Op ...i know u have all ur paperwork. That's all u need. U can prove on your invoice that's the address provided for return. U have no worries. Don't let an email scare u.

Posted By: Motheone
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 1:17pm
Thank guys. I sent the hair back to the address which I had. I have all my paperwork.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Op ...i know u have all ur paperwork. That's all u need. U can prove on your invoice that's the address provided for return. U have no worries. Don't let an email scare u.

I agree with Brjasuga!

All those orders must not be "rolling" in as she previously stated.

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 5:42pm
LOL-- BellaDonna Extensions is one big scam.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:45am
If you purchased from her website and she has in her policy that she doesn't provide refunds and you placed an order anyway (thereby agreeing to her policy) and sent the product back anyway without notification, then unfortunately...she's right. Did you notify them that you were returning the product? 

All companies (all this includes reputable companies both small and large) require that you notify them ahead of time if you intend on sending a product back. I don't know of any online business that let's you send a product back without telling them first.  This is because a shipping address doesn't necessarily mean it's a valid return address (this is why UPS has a separate option for you to include an authorized return address). For example, if you were to buy from Wet seal, Arden B, Bebe, or any other website, they have specific protocol for returns and often times a different address for returns. 

So although, the owner is shady....she's right on that end. 

I doubt she's going to sue you, but you need to return the items to the correct address or it will look like you received your money back without her receiving her merchandise back and that you intentionally circumvented her policy despite agreeing to it when you placed your order. People commit chargeback fraud online often so it sounds like that is what her allegation is. 

She has been intentionally cryptic regarding her "authorized" return address and at one point she did offer returns I believe, so I don't sympathize with her at all (I was one of the ones trying to help people find an "authorized" return address for the seller), however, both the buyer and seller have to follow certain protocol and be held to the same standard. 

Posted By: cocopuffs
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:56am
OP
Did you do your own tracking to verify if it really was deemed undeliverable? Ohmycurlz raises some really good points, but it would be good for you to verify delivery (non) delivery for yourself and not necessarily go by what the seller says paypal says KWIM?

Posted By: _belle
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:10am
serious question, what kind of company gives you a refund BEFORE they receive the items back? Did you file your return with raggedy belladonna or did you dispute the charge through paypal?

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:17am
This is no different than "billing address" vs "shipping address". A lot of us have a different billing address than the address we would like our items sent to. They can be the same, but sometimes they aren't. 

Now if you shipped via USPS, they require a return address for Priority Mail shipments anyway. UPS I know for a fact reflects that a shipping address can be different from an authorized return address. 

OP, here is a link where Paypal explains their policy dealing with sellers who ship from a P.O box: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Getting-started/Use-of-PO-box/td-p/97212?profile.language=en-gb

In order for a seller to lift all of the limitations off of a Paypal account, they have to submit a confirmed (authorized) home address. They CAN however ship from a P.O box. None of that is inherently wrong or indicative of fraud. Paypal, states that they release the confirmed address (home address) to the buyer for returns only if their claim is approved. The address that they release (again, home address) is the one that returns should be sent to. 

OP, did Paypal provide you with the address to return the merchandise back to? Or did you just ship it to the address on the packaging yourself? 

If it's the latter, Paypal may side with the seller.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:20am
Originally posted by _belle _belle wrote:

serious question, what kind of company gives you a refund BEFORE they receive the items back? Did you file your return with raggedy belladonna or did you dispute the charge through paypal?
It sounds like it was disputed through Paypal. Paypal will take the funds out immediately and give it back before the seller receives the merchandise, especially if the bank was involved. 

Posted By: _belle
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

It sounds like it was disputed through Paypal. Paypal will take the funds out immediately and give it back before the seller receives the merchandise, especially if the bank was involved. 

That hasn't been my experience. I've been scammed BOTH ways. The money may have been taken out, but it isn't immediately returned to the seller for a few days at minimum. No one has the money immediately put in their account. But why wouldnt they have access to a PO box listed on their site/paypal? She had to get that address from somewhere.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:36am
OP[...let me help you out...in one of the BellaDonna Threads screen shots were taken from the old site(policies)...and a different one was taken when the business started getting alottttttttttt of orders. Just print those pages and add to your documents. ...check ...page 10 on the thread.. Belladonna gives me life

Posted By: HaitianBeauty_
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:42am
OP, you shouldn't be scared. You took the steps you needed to in order to return the merchandise. Should the company have been a decent company they would have made sure you have the right address to send the merchandise to. Once you state that you would like to return the items, they should have replied with a return address. But that is nowhere in the books; just business etiquette which they clearly lack. 

To answer your questions, based upon the policy they had on their site once you purchased and your correspondence during and after the refund, yes they can do this. But will they...? Like how bad is business that you will go through civil court to get $232 back? Seriously Belladonna? Please have two seats with that. SMH.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:45am

That hasn't been my experience. I've been scammed BOTH ways. The money may have been taken out, but it isn't immediately returned to the seller for a few days at minimum. No one has the money immediately put in their account. But why wouldnt they have access to a PO box listed on their site/paypal? She had to get that address from somewhere.
Well, IMHO, Paypal is shadier than any online business and highly inconsistent, but that's a whole dif story. 

I've had funds put on "hold" before and then I've been scammed where the customer contacted their CC company (instead of Paypal) and are given an immediate refund and kept the product. I think a lot of this is to Paypal's discretion. 

Paypal was obligated per their policy to give her an authorized return address. Paypal, from what I have seen, is very cut and dry about buyer and seller protection when it comes to shipments. The address matters. I've been forced to refund people even after I could prove that the customer received the item, prove that they used it etc, because it was valued over a certain amount and I didn't require a signature upon delivery. 

If I was the OP I would just wait to get it back and send it to the right address. 

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 9:22am
I think PayPal and Aliexpress you have to watch them

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 10:41am

Well, IMHO, Paypal is shadier than any online business and highly inconsistent, but that's a whole dif story. 

I've had funds put on "hold" before and then I've been scammed where the customer contacted their CC company (instead of Paypal) and are given an immediate refund and kept the product. I think a lot of this is to Paypal's discretion. 

Paypal was obligated per their policy to give her an authorized return address. Paypal, from what I have seen, is very cut and dry about buyer and seller protection when it comes to shipments. The address matters. I've been forced to refund people even after I could prove that the customer received the item, prove that they used it etc, because it was valued over a certain amount and I didn't require a signature upon delivery. 

If I was the OP I would just wait to get it back and send it to the right address. 

I think it's really just as simple as the bolded, nothing to be concerned about. If it's being returned to sender just ship it to the address in that letter and be done with it.   

Posted By: Ghetto Princess
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 10:53am
OP, if you returned the product to the address the seller told you to it's her fault the address was not a deliverable address. If you just returned it without any authorization then you might have a problem.

Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:42pm
which thread is the screen shot of her old policy in? there were a few BD threads

Posted By: ExotiqBeautii
Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:51pm
Wink GIIIIIIIIIRL, I GOT SOME TEA FOR YA'LL! SIP SLOW BECAUSE IT'S HOT!

So, as you see above, I just asked where the BD thread mentioning her old policy was, right? So I decided to research myself, you know, since that's what you're supposed to do. Why did I come across this OOOOLD post from 2007?!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=25059" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=25059

According to this, miss BD has been a member since 2007 and her last login was from June of THIS YEAR? Is this the same BD?! If not, let me know if I'm wrong!

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by ExotiqBeautii ExotiqBeautii wrote:

So, as you see above, I just asked where the BD thread mentioning her old policy was, right? So I decided to research myself, you know, since that's what you're supposed to do. Why did I come across this OOOOLD post from 2007?!

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=25059" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/member_profile.asp?PF=25059

According to this, miss BD has been a member since 2007 and her last login was from June of THIS YEAR? Is this the same BD?! If not, let me know if I'm wrong!

No, it's not the same person...I remember this member.  I'm 99.99% sure that CurvyGirl27 is the owner (I have some pretty solid evidence).  And I'm about 85.98% sure that this "lovinglace" character posting in this thread  is CurvyGirl27.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

No, it's not the same person...I remember this member.  I'm 99.99% sure that CurvyGirl27 is the owner (I have some pretty solid evidence).  And I'm about 85.98% sure that this "lovinglace" character posting in this thread  is CurvyGirl27.

LOL You really need to stop with the allegations, and assumptions and come with some facts. Understand that everyone is not going to agree. It's life. You need to re-evaluate those percentages that you and I both know you pulled out of the air. I am not the father. Have fun on your journey to never never land in search of the other 14.2%. 

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Oct 07 2014 at 11:06am
Just keep all your documents, PP requires a business to provide a return address, IF the company owner gives them a "fake address" that will be their issue. The only thing you have to prove to them is that you returned the item with proper tracking information.

BD changed their return policy AFTER people figured out that they were getting wet damp brushed out Aliexpress hair at an inflated price.

She should have given a correct address cause wasnt nobody trying to keep that dry, unloved,beaver hair scraps except the few on here that PRETENDED that they paid for that BS for the glowing review they posted on here.

I mean honestly her cart was a gold LV bag ConfusedConfusedConfused.

Posted By: KocaHair
Date Posted: Oct 09 2014 at 4:23pm
If this was me, I would tell them to take it up with Paypal, especially if they were the ones that sent the money back to you. As long as you have the info stating that you shipped it, you should be fine, but the way I read that is that they accused you of theft, even though you sent the item back to the address that was given. Is there a tracking number attached to this because it doesnt take much to type it in and Google Map where the hair went between your home and their P.O. Box. 
*shrugs

Sounds like theyre hurting to get that money back... light bill due or nah?
haha.

Posted By: JaceDummy
Date Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:40am
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Yeah but why would she pick the same avatar though?? I could have sworn her avatar looked exactly like that before. 

Posted By: JaceDummy
Date Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:46am
Originally posted by Motheone Motheone wrote:

Well I did...

BDE
Spring, TX 77373

Thank you 

We got pictures on this site of the Belladonna P.O. Box. address... errebody and they mama was looking for an AUTHORIZED address for her. Angry

Dang, I never even though about a ratchet business owner using my credit card. Sigh. 

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 8:27am
If you paid through PP the company does not have your cc number. To be on the safe side I would cancel that card and request another one. 

If your cc did the dispute she has to take that up with them or take you to small claims court.

This is really sad this is all over some shady sheisty hair .

Thanks Curvy and her minions. 

Print Page | Close Window