Print Page | Close Window

have we taken crowd funding too far??!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374251
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 5:36am

Topic: have we taken crowd funding too far??!
Posted By: afrokock
Subject: have we taken crowd funding too far??!
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:11pm
now apologies in advance if this any of your peoples, but i see more and more of this stuff

now im on the fence about someo fo these causes,

but thoughts?

Help the Taylor Family survive in the Suburbs!

the link

http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-the-taylor-family-survive-in-the-suburbs-/226218" rel="nofollow - http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-the-taylor-family-survive-in-the-suburbs-/226218

lisawithabee:

Hey guys. Bïsa here.

I’m just gonna come out and say it, I need help.

My fiance, baby, and I just moved to the suburbs of Chicago to try and escape the violence that is currently plaguing my city. We can’t make ends meet at all (details on the page), and we have no other options.

I am getting more depressed each day and I can see no way out of this hole. We can’t pay our bills, we are in an extremely stressful living situation, and we don’t even have enough money to wash our clothes. I am literally crying myself to sleep each night.

You guys, I need your help. My birthday is today (I’m 24 now), and I found my fiance crying in the bathroom the other day because he can’t afford to do anything for it. Personally, I just want to be able to pay our bills and have an entire day where he doesn’t have to work so he can spend time with the baby and me.

Tumblr, can you help make my birthday wish come true?

Please donate what you can or signal boost if you can’t.

Thank you all so much in advance.

<3 Lisawithabee

Replies:
Posted By: Marcelo22
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:14pm
u aint seen nothing yet...this only the beginning of people begging....this isnt crowd funding, its flat out begging 

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

Fcuk these folks. Mess.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:25pm
Don't hurt to ask...

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:25pm
It depends. Sometimes people take advantage of something that could otherwise be used for good.

I wouldn't donate to her.  

I'd sell drugs or hop on the pole if it gets that bad. 

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:27pm
Lol can't think of anything to nice say. Yes, it's gone too far. There's an obscene amount of money wasted on people who haven't been vetted at all. Sometimes I wonder if people think it's funny to donate, like to the mugshot guy. Idk what's funny about it though, they must want to be a part of something.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:29pm
If people will give the money, why not ask?

Wouldn't be me though.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:39pm
Askin' ain't gettin'. - Pork (Gone With the wind)

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:41pm
On a positive note. My cousins business Kyra's Shea Medleys is coming up on their one year anniversary. Business has grown this past year and she started a kick starter campaign to try and take her business further. It would be awesome if you guys checked it out.

To address the point of the thread. This is flat out begging. When they moved there, they should had a plan. Savings, budget, anything to keep them out of the whole they are in. Trust me I know life happens, but going to strangers, c'mon.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:16pm
Let's just ignore the fact that they brought a child into the world without being able to take care of her....

There isn't a justifible reason for her to be a stay at home mom with no source of income. There are free services in her area for infant child care, and formula, and just as quickly as she posted this she could have started a business online for herself and generated income that way. She could have also gotten a grant to go to school for free since she has a child. 

You are asking for money for a phone bill and pet food. 'Nough said. 

Your mother would have to formally evict you and you would have at least 30 days. You want to move because you "dont like" her popping up. Tough titty. 

This bytch has lost her mind. 

Posted By: Longhairwanted8
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:24pm
So people should donate because they choose to live above their means. Bye Felicia

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:30pm
I just can't.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Let's just ignore the fact that they brought a child into the world without being able to take care of her....

There isn't a justifible reason for her to be a stay at home mom with no source of income. There are free services in her area for infant child care, and formula, and just as quickly as she posted this she could have started a business online for herself and generated income that way. She could have also gotten a grant to go to school for free since she has a child. 

You are asking for money for a phone bill and pet food. 'Nough said. 

Your mother would have to formally evict you and you would have at least 30 days. You want to move because you "dont like" her popping up. Tough titty. 

This bytch has lost her mind. 

<span style="font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb211, 195, 169;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 16px; line-height: 1.5; color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; : rgb211, 195, 169;">
</span>

I just read the full details from the link. They are bold af! All I read were a bunch of avoidable excuses and no planning. This is akin to giving that ain't sh*t cousin a few dollars.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:35pm
That picture does not make me want to donate.

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:41pm
she needs to oin the club and go back to the hood

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:54pm
It's been gon to far.
But Im about to hop on the bus so ya'll can pay a niccas tuition.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:57pm
Y'all pay her 150 cable and Internet bill + $200 phone bill if you want to

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:59pm
Sucking it up and dealing with ish that one doesn't like until you save up the money to do better FTW. Stop begging and work to get where you want. 

Posted By: Bekah
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:16pm
I just asked myself this question today. I see them popping up all over my facebook timeline. Funeral expenses, college expenses, school supplies, all sorts of sh*t. Just NO.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:34pm
the only thing I can donate to her is tips to find a better fitting bra.

I think some crowd funding is good but some people are just looking for others to make their life easier.

Posted By: IslandSuga
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

the only thing I can donate to her is tips to find a better fitting bra.

I think some crowd funding is good but some people are just looking for others to make their life easier.

lmao LOL

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 4:54pm
i actually wanna crowd fund for gumball 3000 to fund the car and raffle it off afterwards

but i need to find a good cause first

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

u aint seen nothing yet...this only the beginning of people begging....this isnt crowd funding, its flat out begging 
yep.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:23pm
Funeral expenses are understandable

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:28pm
If she don't get a goddamn job....

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:31pm
They look shifty as hell. I bet they aren't even a real family unit. Look how that dude is looking into the camera. Probably his cousin Pookie's seed.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:37pm
So we just going to ignore...okay BHM. We staying classy this weekend, I can dig it.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:40pm
what we ignoring?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:45pm
lol I'm being faux classy today Afro. I'm just going to go back to sipping my messy tea.Beer

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:01pm
It's begging but if you got people willing to donate why not ? I would do it too if I could get some monies

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

So we just going to ignore...okay BHM. We staying classy this weekend, I can dig it.Thumbs Up

No, we are not..Spill that tea. 

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

They look shifty as hell. I bet they aren't even a real family unit. Look how that dude is looking into the camera. Probably his cousin Pookie's seed.
LOL....he staring at the camera like 

Posted By: Findingmyme
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:42pm
I have nothing nice to say or funds to donte so I'll just lesve

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:54pm
That's an old pic. 

I've been in a personal situation very similar to hers (only worse) so her request comes off like she's just lazy. Plus she said she likes to cook. There are people on etsy that sell baked goods for money. I'd give her some advice, but that's the most she's going to get. 

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:58pm
Bisa can:
a) start a home daycare in her apt w/ a few kids to get some extra money
b) get a full time job w/ benefits such as med insurance to get help for her depression
c) suck it up and live in mom's apartment--atleast mama isn't actually living there
d) get a job on the busline and drop the cable.  ( I have a Roku--saves lots of $$)

In short Bisa can grow up, act like an adult and earn some money for her family.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:01pm
She has cable hol up where was that info?

She needs a job in this day and age only middle aged well off people can successfully live with 1 income

She needs to move to a cheaper part of town (hood) that's it

And I guarantee she gets more money from the govt because she has a baby so at least they can eat

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:06pm
i don't like the way that daddy is standing there with that awful looking smirk on his 16 year old face...

no effs given here.....keeping my $$$$ for me,myself and I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NOW if she lets me borrow her kid for tax season i'll see what my pockets are saying to meWinkBig smile

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

She has cable hol up where was that info?

She needs a job in this day and age only middle aged well off people can successfully live with 1 income

She needs to move to a cheaper part of town (hood) that's it

And I guarantee she gets more money from the govt because she has a baby so at least they can eat

From the link in OP Bisa whined she has a $150 cable bill

This past month my fiance Erick and I moved with our 8 month old daughter from the West Side of Chicago to the Northwest suburbs, about 25 miles North of Chicago. Despite not having very much money (I'm a stay-at home Mom), we made the costly jump from “the hood” to “the burbs” in the interest of our daughter's safety. I'm sure I don't need to detail Chicago's crime rates for you, the news is doing a bang-up job of that already.

We made this move thinking it would *slightly* more expensive than living in the city, but worth it in the long run. My mom had offered us the use of her car for Erick to commute to work, so that we might be able to save some money to buy our own car. Well wouldn't you know it, that fell through, and we had to buy a car 2 weeks after we moved, in order for Erick to not be fired for “lack of reliable transportation”. We had about $1,000 saved at the time, and had to put all of that plus an additional $250 that we literally did not have (they held the check for a week until we did) down as a deposit on the car. In addition, the first payment of the car insurance ended up costing $150 more than the other installments, again a down payment of money that we did not have. We still haven't purchased the $55 city sticker, because we can't afford it and I'm praying that we don't get a ticket.

After paying all this money that we couldn't afford for a car, we have no money left for our bills. This month's rent is $1208, and after that is paid, we have $26. Just $26.

We still have to pay a $225 gas bill (from our old house), as well as our phone bill ($186), Comcast ($150), not to mention gas for the car and money for incidentals (laundry, toiletries, diapers, pet food, etc). We are already on food stamps, but that doesn't go very far because we have to also buy formula for the baby, and my 17 year old brother is also staying with us right now.

We have now realized that we can't stay in the apartment that we just moved to, because my Mom (whom I have an incredibly strained relationship with) retains ownership of it and comes and goes as she pleases. When I confronted her about this last week, she informed me that it was still her house (though she now lives in a different apartment in the complex), that she would continue to do as she pleased, and if I took issue with it my family and I were “free to vacate the premises”. Essentially, she was letting me know that my house is not my own (despite the rent that we pay), and if we did not submit to her wishes, we could kick rocks. That is the sort of relationship we have, and I'm sure it's understandable why I wouldn't want someone with that attitude randomly popping up while I'm trying to go about my day. SleepyWe still want to live in the suburbs of course, but we now need to come up with enough money for a deposit/1st month's rent in order to move again, on top of all of our other bills.

Needless to say, all of this is taking a toll on our family. Erick already works 2 jobs for a total of 63 hours per week, and he gets to see his daughter for maybe 2 hours each day. I have been battling severe depression and anxiety on/off for the past 10 years, and due to insurance being totally sh*tty, I can't see a doctor until we get married (and I get coverage thru him) next year. Obviously, stressing about money is not healthy for anyone, much less someone with my issues. It is taking a serious toll on my mental health, and lately I have been getting more and more depressed, to the point where I am literally crying myself to sleep because I don't know what to do. I have thought of suicide recently, but it's not because I want to die. It's because I can't envision a way out of this hole and sometimes I think that not waking up would at least be less stressful than this.

Please help us. Even $1 helps, and the money that you donate will go towards paying off our bills, moving to a less anxiety-filled environment, and maybe giving Erick a day off so that he might be able to spend some quality time with our daughter.

- See more at: http://www.youcaring.com/help-a-neighbor/help-the-taylor-family-survive-in-the-suburbs-/226218#sthash.PUh1RoZX.dpuf

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:21pm
nvm.  yeah the bish is a mess.

why do they have to wait until next year to get married? she needs insurance because she's depressed, suffers anxiety, and suicidal, but that takes a backseat to a real wedding??? ConfusedConfusedif you don't take your ass to the court house. 

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:41pm
I dont know what makes them think this story is any different then a lot of people smh & I see ways to cut cost this is what happens when poor people dont want to live like theyre poor.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:36pm
has TC posted yet? lol

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I dont know what makes them think this story is any different then a lot of people smh & I see ways to cut cost this is what happens when poor people dont want to live like theyre poor.

Bike, carpool, walk, public transpo to work.
No cable.
No phone. Get a cheap prepaid 20$ phone.
Food pantry, WIC.
Can't afford food your child, you surely can't afford food for your pet. Give it up.
Don't like mama coming in and out...take yourself outside with your baby and get some exercise and fresh air.
Coupon, collect cans, and do odd jobs around the neighborhood for folks for extra cash.

I feel like people do not understand what it means to work, let alone work hard.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:51pm
as long as you know how to braid and your man and your brother know how to work some clippers an craigs list & ig are free, you will never have to have an empty pocket. that is my donation of advice to they' high faluitin beggin azzes. got more cable channels than rich people and looking for a handout from $5 o's like me that bus they azz to pay off grad school student loans.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:06pm
im so trying not to talk ugly about the 'story' as i read and dissect it. but um...if the quick fix to her lack of adequate insurance is a marriage license to become eligible for the guy's insurance, wtf havent they walked their blk azzes to the courthouse yet instead of letting her mental health deteriorate more? I dont know about chicago, but nj, if you qualify for food stamps, you qualify for medicaid. so what is the problem? to high falutin to standin line at the dept of social services for the care that you need access to?

dude works 62 hours a week. hell, that is what you are supposed to do when you are young and trying to get on your feet properly? That is a 40 hour a week schedule job and a 23 hour part time which is probably 5 nights a week and the oher 2 nights are at the trap house, smoking weed and and playing madden an at the chicago after hour spot.  wtf. I worked 3 jobs b4 for years at a time, not b/c i had to but b4 i like to earn money for security - financial stability - financial goals. Goals. he is working 2 jobs while you watch the judge shows and love and hip hop on cable and youtube tutorials on your $150 high speed comcast cable/internet bundle.

any o' that has a $150 cable bill but cant reduce it to basic cable to have money for self/baby/fiance to have the safety & security of a $55 city sticker for the car can kiss my black azz. it is time to sink or swim. thats how you learn through fire to go from child to adult. what we do as a nation.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:28pm
*shrugs*  I would donate to them before I did this damn ALS code for keeping white people distracted from #Ferguson  

I just wish there was something out there to be a part of that mattered.  Something that would actually truly positively affect us as a people.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:31pm
she can't get on his insurance without being married? I know people who used to carry their boyfriends (women doing too much again), but has that changed in past 10 years?

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:34pm
It has BEEN bad.

I have seen a lot of begging posts and though some are worth helping out with, there's also others which are just lazy people outright asking you to wipe their ass.

It's odd because we have a negative attitude towards help programs like welfare but here we are willing to give THOUSANDS towards people makinh potato salads or killing black kids.

I'll never understand it.

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:56pm
Midnas avi + location is creeping me out

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:30am
damn, she's still only at 110 dollars. 

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:35am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

It has BEEN bad.

I have seen a lot of begging posts
and though some are worth helping out with, there's also others which are just lazy people outright asking you to wipe their ass.

It's odd because we have a negative attitude towards help programs like welfare but here we are willing to give THOUSANDS towards people makinh potato salads or killing black kids.

there are thousands

im gobsmacked by some of the requests

now id donate to the brit lesbian kidnapped for deliverance by her fam in the congo

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 2:49am
Baby showers are begging, and it's acceptable...

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 3:33am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

It has BEEN bad.

I have seen a lot of begging posts
and though some are worth helping out with, there's also others which are just lazy people outright asking you to wipe their ass.

there are thousands

im gobsmacked by some of the requests

now id donate to the brit lesbian kidnapped for deliverance by her fam in the congo

right?!  I read that story and hoped she had a friend ready to set up the account.  I would love for her to go back to England and stunt on them o's tryna keep a good scissor sister down. 

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

that's why there are no baby showers after baby no. 1.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 4:53am
She can get a section 8 apartment and hide his clothes when the case worker comes to visit. 

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

that's why there are no baby showers after baby no. 1.

my eyebrow lady just had her third

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 5:32pm
Showers are usually events that friends have for ppl and you can choose whether to go or not, give or not.  You would look pretty stupid to go to a shower without a gift however.LOL I don't see them as "begging" parties.

And there are showers for baby #2, #3 and so forth.

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 5:40pm
Should a person really have a baby shower for number 3? I'm not hardcore against them or anything I just wouldn't do it. Maybe if they were several years apart.

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 5:47pm
Each baby needs diapers (lots of them), some new clothing, and such so if my friends had multiple children I have no prob getting them things for the new child. Now mom should have sheets for cribs and carriers and such so the expensive things (>$30) I'd pass on.

Or if there are 2 of one sex and the third is the other sex, then that child would need new clothing b/c she or he couldn't wear the hand me downs.

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 5:48pm
hmm

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:49pm

Should a person really have a baby shower for number 3? I'm not hardcore against them or anything I just wouldn't do it. Maybe if they were several years apart.

Definitely showers for all babies. How do you explain to the other kids about why there are no baby shower pix in their baby book but baby #1's book is full of them?   

Lol

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 10:48pm
afro how much of your soul and peen are you willing to sell?

my auntie was adamant that she was gonna start a kickstarter or _______ for my cuzzo's med school tuition when she saw the potato salad project and the fuqqload of money the dude received. 

frivolous/wtf/rolls eyes things drown out more serious causes unfortunately.

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 10:56pm
if crowd funding has replaced folk's having their kid write letters to friends/fam to ask for donations to help pay for a school trip, college, class ring , etc then I'm all for it,.

lol

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

Definitely showers for all babies. How do you explain to the other kids about why there are no baby shower pix in their baby book but baby #1's book is full of them?   

Lol

damn, ive never seen my baby shower pix. Confused  but ive seen my sisters....

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:11pm
is she older?

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:12pm
no, she's younger.  did i even get a baby shower?!  im about to find out.

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:13pm
lol @ bout to find out.

go on and book your appointment for the psychiatrist's couch LOL 
(mommy didn't love ,me)

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:19pm
ole goofy ass photo

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:21pm

lol @ bout to find out.

(mommy didn't love ,me)

LOL she didn't respond, she better be asleep.  Cry 

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:22pm
Just checked their funds--they are now up to $155 so the cable's covered now! LOL

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:26pm
I still cannot believe this girl is asking for donations to pay a Comcast bill. She better let that sheit go to collections and chalk it up or get a damn job. 

Whatchu need tv fa? 

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:26pm

lol @ bout to find out.

(mommy didn't love ,me)

LOL she didn't respond, she better be asleep.  Cry 

lol. please let me know what she says.

Print Page | Close Window