Print Page | Close Window

Where do you see yourself at 40yo?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374235
Printed Date: Dec 17 2017 at 12:50pm

Topic: Where do you see yourself at 40yo?
Posted By: Bribby
Subject: Where do you see yourself at 40yo?
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 4:40pm
As a woman... where do you see yourself or did you see yourself?

This may be ignorant, but I just don't get women who are married and at this age, good job, but have nothing to there name.. can't help there kids out at all

Anyways I pray I have my own house by this time in my life, hopefully that I got on my own.

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 4:41pm
Lonely and wealthy.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Lonely and wealthy.

this

and living in another country

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:00pm
Very happy

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:02pm

why 40 though?
Is that the magic age or something?

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:06pm
married. doctorate obtained. paying my son through college if he doesn't have a full ride. owning a house and helping take care of my family.

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Very happy

This hopefully

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

why 40 though?
Is that the magic age or something?

Know a 40 y/o with a degree good job, no house no nothing can't afford simple things in life. Things I can't afford now but I would like to think I could afford by that age

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:17pm
either happy or dead. im ok with either one.

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:19pm
wait you said as a woman. exclude my answer since im all man

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:07pm
Ha yeah I thought about the few men on the site so I said as a woman

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:20pm
On top of a 23y.o,stable and with 1million points

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:21pm
What Sang said..

and the woman you speak of..why you judging so hard when you're not where you should be given your circumstances?Confused

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:30pm
Pregnant with my first child at this rate

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:33pm
Bribby is young. I think she honestly doesn't understand how that happens to people.

One of our more mature, post 40 posters may be able to explain how life just happens to people.

Eta: being that she may possibly b in a not so great position, I say in ur head, judge away. Please try to figure out how to avoid the same mistakes. Makes sense to me.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:40pm
posting on bhm

Cry

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:49pm
Different but the same. I feel like I'll be married in the next few years, probably divorced by 40.

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:51pm

Very happy

This's my #1 goal.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:00pm
Happier, wealthy, great lifestyle, traveling anytime I want to anywhere I want, maybe married with kids, maybe single and a foster mom; giving my time and donating money to good causes.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:12pm
Married with kids and managing a team of statisticians. And running my own non profit.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:41pm
Honestly twice divorced, in great shape, plenty of money in the bank, no kids, 2 dogs

I'll be damned if I'm fat pass 25 years old I'm done being chunky lol

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:24pm
Healthy. Of sound mind. With knee length hair. Financially independent by 35, so by 40 I will be working only because I want to. And plan to have either a phd or jd completed by then.

No kids. I will have pets though (I want a retired greyhound or 2).

I don't want a house but since I plan to have pets I'll probably have to get one. Likely build a tiny house or cabin with a bit of land for a garden, pool, hot tub, and a lazy river.

Mainly I just want to be content and in control of my time. Free to pursue whatever interests me at the moment. And have time to read and lounge and eat good food from all over. I do want to go to like every top rated restaurant in the world and all the places you see on food shows (like random diners and the best pancake spot or the best bbq joint). And I wanna take long train trips.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Happier, wealthy, great lifestyle, traveling anytime I want to anywhere I want, maybe married with kids, maybe single and a foster mom; giving my time and donating money to good causes.
+healthy and smarter.Big smile

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:46pm
Happy...as i get older I'm trying to let the pass go cuz i don't want to be old and bitter.

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:07pm
Fit, beautiful house, good career, more confident, less vain. married and childless (or just one child). Two vacays a year (one intl, one domestic) big retirement nest

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

What Sang said..

and the woman you speak of..why you judging so hard when you're not where you should be given your circumstances?Confused

Well.. I just look at my parents and then I look at others and don't get it. 

Bribby is young. I think she honestly doesn't understand how that happens to people.

One of our more mature, post 40 posters may be able to explain how life just happens to people.

Eta: being that she may possibly b in a not so great position, I say in ur head, judge away. Please try to figure out how to avoid the same mistakes. Makes sense to me.

creole you're exactly right. I mean I can only do so much. I'm just looking 20 years in to the future, but I know what I do now will be the reason why I am where I am in those 20 years

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Married with kids and managing a team of statisticians. And running my own non profit.

statisticians make bank, I wanted to switch my major to that or minor in to, then I realized how hard it probably is.

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:11pm
I feel like it's a few universal things us women want as we get older peace and happiness, I just wonder what makes one not want that.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:34pm
My business has it so I live comfortably at 21 so hopefully by 40 I'm rich. 

I also hope to be a nurse practitioner.....trying to figure out whether I will get a law degree after that. I want to have my non-profit established. I want to do a LOT with my life because I like to help people and I feel like that's what I was put on earth to do. 

I don't really see children or a husband in my future although I constantly meet men who want children and marriage. 

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:01pm
A mom to a 10 year old. A wife. A Senior Vice President at a PR firm. Running my own non-profit. Happy.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:07pm
Still thinking about how my daggone student loans will disappear!!!

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:13pm
Cosign with "Happy"

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 9:24am
Consciously uncoupled, on top of a 25yr old yoga instructor

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:47am
It will be interesting to see all the ones who turned they nose up at man after man still remain single. I see it all the time at my age.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by browneyez4548 browneyez4548 wrote:

Cosign with "Happy"

whatever path that may lead me to this is the one i want to be on. i got 19 years to find it

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

Consciously uncoupled, on top of a 25yr old yoga instructor

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 12:07pm
planning retirement hopefully

and welcoming my first kid

hopefully

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:32pm
I have no idea.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:45pm
Working as a nurse practitioner.  Debt free except for our house.  My kids will be 23, 16 and 14 so hopefully not a grandma yet.  I see myself cheering my sons on in their sports, continuing to teach them how to treat women.  Hubby and I will have been married 17 years....dayum....  but I see myself still loving him through and through and grateful for the man, husband and father that he is.  Hopefully my daughter will have graduated college so helping her navigate the beginnings of a career or graduate school or preparing for a wedding.  My mom and dad married at 23, hubby and me married at 23, so I guess she could too.

Posted By: atexaschick
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:49pm
Happy
traveling more
with kids (i won't care if I'm married)
Working as a Nurse Practioner or a CRNA but probably a NP
investing so I can have more money coming in for retirement

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:36pm
dang? what does happy mean? does that mean people are not Happy right now? I think it great to have Goal's but its not the best practice to compare yourself to others

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

planning retirement hopefully

and welcoming my first kid

hopefully

now you know 40 is too old to have a baby lol

Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 11:13am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

dang? what does happy mean? does that mean people are not Happy right now? I think it great to have Goal's but its not the best practice to compare yourself to others

Just because ur happy now, does not guarantee happiness later. Hopefully u can define happiness for yourself, what makes u happy differs from person to person but the feeling is the same.

Print Page | Close Window