Print Page | Close Window

Joan Rivers critically ill

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374205
Printed Date: Dec 12 2017 at 5:22am

Topic: Joan Rivers critically ill
Posted By: NuAttitude
Subject: Joan Rivers critically ill
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:52pm
oh wow!  Hope she gets well soon.

Replies:
Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:53pm

Comic Joan Rivers 'critically ill'

Joan Rivers is reported to be in a "critical condition" after being rushed to hospital.

Joan Rivers is reported to be in a "critical condition" after being rushed to hospital.

Comedian Joan Rivers is reported to be in a "critical condition" after being rushed to a New York hospital.

A spokesman for the NYPD said: "An 81-year-old is in a critical condition at Mount Sinai Hospital."

He was unable to confirm reports on the TMZ website that her heart had stopped beating at one point.

The US site is reporting that Rivers was undergoing a throat procedure in a clinic when she became unwell but the spokesman could not confirm this.

He said the emergency call was made at 9.39am local time from an address in East 93rd Street, Yorkville, where there is an outpatient centre which describes its mission as to "serve as a community resource for digestive disorders".

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:54pm
she went for throat surgery and had complications

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:55pm
oh well

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Throat surgery, or plastic surgery? 

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:57pm
Probably throat plastic surgery.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

oh well

http://waitlolwut.tumblr.com" rel="nofollow">

...but neither am I because I said the same damn thing.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:59pm
Seems like just yesterday she was healthy as a horse and calling the flotus a tranny. How unfortunate

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:00pm

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:00pm
I wonder who will replace her on Fashion Police

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Seems like just yesterday she was healthy as a horse and calling the flotus a tranny. How unfortunate

illuminati finally caught up with her for calling north west ugly

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:05pm
Awww....Hopefully she's ok...i forget she that old.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

she can die, she lived a long life.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Throat surgery, or plastic surgery? 
throat

Posted By: sunshine321511
As an old lady, I'm tell everybody on here...as you get older don't do....any PROCEDURES in a office or clinical setting..... if you are required to go under anesthesia.  That way if anything goes wrong...you are already in the hospital instead of them having to transport you. 
As one gets older surgeries are NOT TO BE TAKEN LIGHTLY.

Posted By: BBpants

oh well

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

she can die, she lived a long life.

LMAO

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:21pm

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:22pm
o

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:24pm
I tried really hard to think of something nice to say that I actually meant...I guess I'm speechless.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:25pm
this global warming thing is really fuccked up aint it?

it feels like late september today

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:37pm
While growing up I was taught if I did not have something nice to say, I should not say anything at all.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:38pm
More detailed article.

'Please pray': Joan Rivers' daughter asks for prayers as mother, 81, is rushed to hospital after she stopped breathing during surgery

• The 81-year-old was having surgery on her vocal chords at a clinic in Manhattan when she suddenly stopped breathing during the procedure
  • She was rushed to Mount Sinai hospital, where she is now in stable condition after doctors fought to save her life
  • Someone called 911 at 9:39 a.m. New York time, telling the dispatcher, 'We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest'
  • The star's daughter Melissa is en route to New York

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=MailOnline+Reporter" rel="nofollow - MailOnline Reporter

Published: 16:03, 28 August 2014 | Updated: 20:26, 28 August 2014

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736852/Joan-Rivers-81-emergency-care-stopped-breathing-throat-surgery.html#socialLinks" rel="nofollow -
747 shares
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736852/Joan-Rivers-81-emergency-care-stopped-breathing-throat-surgery.html#comments" rel="nofollow -

- View comments

Joan Rivers' daughter has asked friends to 'please pray' for her mother after she was rushed to hospital when she stopped breathing during a surgical procedure.

The 81-year-old was having surgery on her vocal chords at a clinic in Manhattan when she suddenly stopped breathing during the procedure.

She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital in critical condition but has now been upgraded to stable after doctors fought to save her life. Her daughter, Melissa, 46, and grandson Cooper, 13, were pictured at Los Angeles airport as they traveled to be by the star's side.

Scroll down for video

Health drama: Joan Rivers, pictured in Beverly Hills on Tuesday, has been rushed to hospital
+11

Health drama: Joan Rivers, pictured in Beverly Hills on Tuesday, has been rushed to hospital

Melissa Rivers is pictured arriving at Los Angeles airport Thursday to fly to New York after hearing her mother had been rushed to hospital
+11
Melissa Rivers is pictured arriving at Los Angeles airport Thursday to fly to New York after hearing her mother had been rushed to hospital
+11

Family: Melissa, 46, and her son Cooper, 13, rushed to be with the star who is now in stable condition
+11

Family: Melissa, 46, and her son Cooper, 13, rushed to be with the star who is now in stable condition

'This morning, Joan Rivers was taken to The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, where she is being attended to,' Sid Dinsay, a spokesman for the hospital, said in a statement this afternoon.

'Her family wants to thank everybody for their outpouring of love and support.'

He said the hospital would provide an update on Rivers' condition as it becomes available.

A source told http://www.eonline.com/news/574134/joan-rivers-in-hospital-in-stable-condition-following-throat-surgery-complications" rel="nofollow - E! News earlier: 'They were putting a scope down her throat to check her vocal cords. She stopped breathing.'

The source added that the operation was not a major one though Rivers was sedated throughout. It's unclear what medication was used.

TV host Billy Bush said on Facebook that he had exchanged texts with Joan's daughter Melissa who asked him to 'please pray'. Melissa and her son Cooper rushed to be by the star's side. 

Hospital: NYPD officers wait outside of the main entrance to Mount Sinai hospital on Thursday
+11

Hospital: NYPD officers wait outside of the main entrance to Mount Sinai hospital on Thursday

Media: TV station vans are seen outside the hospital in Manhattan where Joan Rivers is now in stable condition
+11

Media: TV station vans are seen outside the hospital in Manhattan where Joan Rivers is now in stable condition

TV host Billy Bush posted about the beloved star on Facebook

TV host Billy Bush posted about the beloved star on Facebook

Mercy dash: The 81-year-olds daughter Melissa, seen here last year, is reportedly on her way to New York
+11

Mercy dash: The 81-year-old's daughter Melissa, seen here last year, is reportedly on her way to New York

He wrote: 'Praying for Joan Rivers who is in critical condition at Mt Sinai hospital in NY. Texted with Melissa Rivers who said 'please pray.' Already doing that. Joan is beloved around here. A regular guest on Access Hollywood Live she never fails to deliver.

'She taped her post Emmy special Tuesday in LA and was strong. This is out of nowhere. Come on Joan you have to make it. Just think of all the material. Sending love and prayers.'

He later tweeted: 'Per Melissa, The mighty @joan_rivers Is in stable condition. That Means her first joke is coming... :)'

According to the http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/joan-rivers-hospitalized-stops-breathing-operation-article-1.1920028" rel="nofollow - New York Daily News , Rivers' assistant, Graham Reed, was overheard saying 'She's not conscious, but she's stable,' obviously distraught.

E!'s Ken Baker also said that Rivers was now stable after the emergency.

TMZ reported that an emergency call was placed to 911 at 9:39 a.m. New York time.

The caller told emergency services: 'We have somebody in either cardiac or respiratory arrest.'

The drama unfolded at Yorkville Endoscopy on East 93rd street near Third Avenue, police confirmed.

A woman who answered the phone at the clinic this afternoon told MailOnline: 'I don't know what you're talking about, have a great day!'

According to another E! source, Rivers 'had a lot of energy' and was 'cracking jokes' at a Wednesday event in New York to promote her new book.

Similarly on Tuesday, she gave no hint about needed surgery as she taped a special 90 minute edition of her show Fashion Police which aired on E! that same night.

Surgery: Rivers stopped breathing while undergoing surgery at Yorkville Endoscopy, pictured, in Manhattan
+11

Surgery: Rivers stopped breathing while undergoing surgery at Yorkville Endoscopy, pictured, in Manhattan

Comic legend: Rivers is seen here around 1965, and right
+11
Comic legend: Rivers is seen left around 1965, and right on the Ed Sullivan show in 1966
+11

Comic legend: Rivers is seen left around 1965, and right on the Ed Sullivan show in 1966

Stars: Rivers interviewed Oprah Winfrey while guest hosting the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson on January 27, 1986
+11

Stars: Rivers interviewed Oprah Winfrey while guest hosting the Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson on January 27, 1986

Covering both the Emmy Awards and the MTV VMA's the veteran comedienne's voice did sound raspy but she has become known for her gravelly voice and biting tongue.

The star's no-holds-barred comedy has made her one of Hollywood's mainstays having a career spanning over 60 years.

The often outspoken funny lady - born Joan Alexandra Molinsky - started her career in her native New York performing in comedy clubs across the city and even starred in a play as a lesbian woman with a crush Barbara Streisand in the 1950s.

Joan started to make a name for herself in the male-dominated comedy world as a guest on The Tonight Show from 1965 and then also started landing guest spots on The Ed Sullivan Show.

Taken under the wing of Tonight Show host Johnny Carson as a writer, Joan further developed her biting wit.

Going on to host Saturday Night Live during the Eighties, the iconic star was awarded her show by for The Late Show Starring Joan Rivers - it was this show that led to a bitter fallout with her mentor Carson and he never spoke to her again before his death.

Only this year was Joan's ban from ever appearing on the Tonight Show lifted by Jimmy Fallon.

The comedian would eventually be fired from her Fox show after she challenged executives' decision to removed her husband Edgar Rosenberg as a producer.

Edgar was the star's second husband - her first marriage was annulled after just a few months in 1955 - and he tragically committed suicide three months later in May 1987, Joan blamed the 'humiliation' of Fox's treatment.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736852/Joan-Rivers-81-emergency-care-stopped-breathing-throat-surgery.html#ixzz3BiXP2UP8" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2736852/Joan-Rivers-81-emergency-care-stopped-breathing-throat-surgery.html#ixzz3BiXP2UP8
Follow us: http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter | http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Posted By: crzyabthair
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:56pm
some of y'all ain't sh*t for y'all comments

I didn't know she was that old though ...

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 2:57pm

Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

I wonder who will replace her on Fashion Police

Me too...I hope it's somebody that is super honest and funny. Bevy Smith is waiting by the phone already.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:00pm
Dailymail had that obituary ret to go!

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:16pm

I too wonder what the market rate of Tea in China is today

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:20pm
I don't think she is going anywhere beyond this mortal plane any time soon.....*touch wood*

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

While growing up I was taught if I did not have something nice to say, I should not say anything at all.
to bad nobody ever taught that to joan rivers

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:29pm
Benni so sweet.LOL

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 4:01pm
...i am led to believe that she was having another nip/tuck to her face area and something went very wrong...

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 4:04pm
O well they say evil dont die so she will be alright.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 4:15pm
*snickers*

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 4:45pm
She's looked dead for the past decade anyway. Time to give papa legba his part of the bargain.

Good thing she loves inappropriate jokes. Because there will be many.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 4:59pm

oh well

First thing I said.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 5:19pm
Her body probably couldn't handle yet another round of anesthesia....too much nip-tuck will do that to ya....

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 6:26pm
oh..I am surprised she lived through all those surgeries so far

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 6:26pm
God don't like ugly

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Benni so sweet.LOL

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:27pm
I can't wish death on her . She look well on QVC last week . I hope she found God years ago . I use to like her jokes about racist red necks many years ago . I hope she lives to see her grandchildren grow up .
I think the lady is close to 100 in real life .

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:36pm
Oh...

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:56pm
why is robin Williams respected but joan rivers?

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:06pm
Cause she called FLOTUS transgender when she looks like she do

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:10pm

wow yall are evil

yea shes a yt btch...but name calling isnt enough for me to want her dead

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:12pm
I knew y'all were gonna be on here acting like this.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:14pm

let this be a reality check for her if she makes it...

whoa shes 81?ShockedConfused

i thought late 60's at the most..you know yts age in dog years....

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:15pm
*kanye shrug x10*

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:27pm
im a little surprised at these comments… 

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

im a little surprised at these comments… 

dittoConfused

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

wow yall are evil

Fixeded.Big smile

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:32pm
Why are y'all surprised by the comments?

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:54pm
bhm isnt usually like this unless it involves harming someone/thing.. like a child or animal. 
or maybe some other messed up incident.. 

its rarely just over some rude words… 

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 10:55pm
Dont give a sh*t

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 11:52pm
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joan-rivers-slammed-by-arab-725731#!/news/joan-rivers-slammed-by-arab-725731

Posted By: bubblyboo
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:29am
Y'all ain't sh*t

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:45am
Joan wouldn't be offended so no one should be offended for her.  She JUST made a joke about Whitney ODing in the bathtub on the VMA/Emmy's episode of Fashion Police.

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:51am
i personally… cant say that i really care or am even remotely affected. i wont act like i am…

but im still surprised by these comments. 

ppl arent like me. 

oh but i disagree with, 'just cus she wouldnt feel like that means no one should feel like that about her' 

two wrongs… 
and she says things for shock value and cus she has a show.. and cus shes an old super elderly woman trying her darndest to stay relevant… 
we're just random ppl giving our honest thoughts... sometimes. 
its different. 

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:57am
Tuck yer cape lav!

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:00am
I do think that she tries to be as shocking as possible to say relevant, because as someone who has followed her for a while I notice that she's gotten more and more crass and crotchety.  If she can joke with no remorse about the girls in Cleveland being raped+kidnapped or other people actually dying, then I'm not bothered by people who don't subscribe to the same sense of humor not caring about her health.  She's old and she offends people.  A lot of people want her ignorant generation to die out altogether.   

I don't take her seriously & I enjoy her commentary on Fashion Police, but meh.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:30am

oh well

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:49am
hope she gets well...

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 3:59am
Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

hope she gets well...
why?

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:28am
I'm not wastin any sympathy on this crypt keeper. Yall got that.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:15am
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

agree benni. i will say, i hope her family remains strong and positive. It's not easy, i know it from experience :(

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:48am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

wow yall are evil

Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:02am
Originally posted by joan rivers quotes from the past 4 years joan rivers quotes from the past 4 years wrote:

"The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into ovens" - joan rivers on heidi klums outfit

‘They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead. You deserve to be dead. You started it. You started it. Don't you dare make me feel sad about that.’ - joan rivers on the Palestinian death toll in gaza strip

' You were told to get out, you don't get out, then you know you're an idiot, and at least the ones that were killed were the ones with very low IQs.' - joan rivers on palesttinian 1900+ civilian victims

"president obama is gay, and You know Michelle is a tranny." - joan rivers on michelle obama

'That baby is ugly… I’ve never seen a six-month-old so desperately in need of a waxing,’ - joan rivers on kim kardashian and kanye west's 11month old baby

'"Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space." - joan rivers comparing her live in daughter to the three women (amanda berry,  Gina DeJesus, michelle knight ) who were raped, tortured, and imprisoned for 10+ years.

'They lived rent free for a decade!' - joan rivers in response to Cleavland kidnap victims amanda berry, michelle knight

'One of them has a book deal. Neither are in a psych ward. They're ok. I bet you within three years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars.' - joan rivers in response to Cleavland kidnap victims amanda berry, michelle knight

And this is with whom you want to place your faith?

for all the bleeding hearts on bhm, as joan rivers said so eloquently a few weeks ago about the 2000+ Palestinian casualties in the gaza strip,  "Don't you dare make me feel sad about that"

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:06am
Coco, you trying hard to have an opposing viewpoint.  Waste your f*cks on things that matter.  She will live..If not..This bitch is 81; she has lived far too long already... 

Posted By: KittenWhip
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:46am
I was under the impression she was having an endoscopic procedure (exam).  You are asleep, more than just twilight and a tube is put down your throat.  Sometimes people have a bad reaction to anesthesia; I'm only guessing that was what happened here.  Since Joan is in her 80s, any type of anesthesia can be risky.  

The only plastic surgery regarding your throat that I'm familiar with is when they shave down your Adam's apple.  However, I'm not a nurse; just a non-clinical person working in healthcare.

Any nurses/doctors out there have an opinion?

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:55am
I don't know why you are in here trying to change peoples minds bunz. This doesn't necessarily have anything to do with placing faith in Joan. I would say the same about many people honestly.

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by bubblyboo bubblyboo wrote:

Y'all ain't sh*t

basically

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:05am
nvm.  

yes, my goal is to purposely have an opposing viewpoint…. for bhm. 

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:24am

Originally posted by Im_oh_so_hott Im_oh_so_hott wrote:

I didn't say y'all were wrong or evil or nothing (i didn't even say i cared for her to recover), i just said i knew y'all were gonna be saying stuff like this. Every time there is a Joan Rivers thread somebody asks when she's gonna die. Damn near everything that comes out her mouth is disgusting, but really ? She's 81, i don't know anyone that old who has filter if they can do anything other than watch tv be watched by the tv.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:39am

Originally posted by joan rivers quotes from the past 4 years joan rivers quotes from the past 4 years wrote:

"The last time a German looked this hot was when they were pushing Jews into ovens" - joan rivers on heidi klums outfit

‘They started it. We now don't count who's dead. You're dead. You deserve to be dead. You started it. You started it. Don't you dare make me feel sad about that.’ - joan rivers on the Palestinian death toll in gaza strip

' You were told to get out, you don't get out, then you know you're an idiot, and at least the ones that were killed were the ones with very low IQs.' - joan rivers on palesttinian 1900+ civilian victims

"president obama is gay, and You know Michelle is a tranny." - joan rivers on michelle obama

'That baby is ugly… I’ve never seen a six-month-old so desperately in need of a waxing,’ - joan rivers on kim kardashian and kanye west's 11month old baby

'"Those women in the basement in Cleveland had more space." - joan rivers comparing her live in daughter to the three women (amanda berry,  Gina DeJesus, michelle knight ) who were raped, tortured, and imprisoned for 10+ years.

'They lived rent free for a decade!' - joan rivers in response to Cleavland kidnap victims amanda berry, michelle knight

'One of them has a book deal. Neither are in a psych ward. They're ok. I bet you within three years one of them will be on Dancing with the Stars.' - joan rivers in response to Cleavland kidnap victims amanda berry, michelle knight

for all the bleeding hearts on bhm, as joan rivers said so eloquently a few weeks ago about the 2000+ Palestinian casualties in the gaza strip,  "Don't you dare make me feel sad about that"
I only watch her on QVC /Fashion police . I hope she repents . Awful things to say even as a joke . I hope she makes it for her grandchildren bunz . I will never feel the same about her after your post . Thanks for the info .

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:40am
She seem so lively thats what i like about her...i don't watch her shows or check for her racy comments.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:11am
meh...i hardly ever give a phuck when a haole dies. 
bring that shyt on. 

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:38am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Why are y'all surprised by the comments?
im not. the disdain for white people here is almost one sided and more apparent towards white women.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:48am
BUNZ is the real MVP

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:23am
you can make a list like that with most comedians.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

Originally posted by DiorShowGirl DiorShowGirl wrote:

hope she gets well...
why?

just because....she is sick and i won't wish her ill...she lived a great life and if it is her time to go well her time to go..but in the mean time....hope she gets well...

karma is a bish...

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:52pm
dang. 81 is it? lol
My sis and I are planning/betting to reach 90.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:19pm
Old Joan doesn't seem like she'd get along with evil Joan.  

As for wishing death on people, whenever someone has that power...let me know.  I have a list. Evil Smile

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:41pm
I don't mind offensive humor when there's a point to the crassness.  I like people like George Carlin, Paul Mooney, and David Cross while I'm not a fan of Daniel Tosh, Lisa Lampenelli, and Howard Stern.  There's (usually) nothing wrong with liking them.  I just don't.  

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

As for wishing death on people, whenever someone has that power...let me know.  I have a list. Evil Smile

that would be a good thread. I bet we have some names in common on our lists.

for extra credit, to whom would you give that power? LOL

Posted By: browneyez4548
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

meh...i hardly ever give a phuck when a haole dies. 
bring that shyt on. 

This. And cosign with everyone else who dgafEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:40pm
So are we all in agreement, Joan is a mean, nasty, old bitch and we don't care if she dies?

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

So are we all in agreement, Joan is a mean, nasty, old bitch and we don't care if she dies?

True story Embarrassed

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:50am
she's lived her life of privilege well past its prime. No *&%^$#@Es to give

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

I too wonder what the market rate of Tea in China is today

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:48pm
TMZ says she's on Life Support

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 2:53pm
Even though she's old, I'm actually surprised that she took a turn for the worse.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 3:11pm

wow.. disgusting. this woman is nasty. no wonder she is so vain. her vanity may kill her and no one in hollywood will really care.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

wow.. disgusting. this woman is nasty. no wonder she is so vain. her vanity may kill her and no one in hollywood will really care.

She's a comedian though, I don't take anything she says seriously.

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:34pm
I don't think comedians get a pass for making jokes about persons who obviously were victims of sexual abuse.  There are somethings that can't be made light of without appearing insensitive, callous and crass. 

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:47pm
old white jewish woman ...

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:48pm
White comics always do this and seem to get a pass.......

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:10pm

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:17pm
Nvm

Posted By: ppp38
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:18pm
Joan Rivers isnt funny and she's mean spirited- that being said, I hope she recovers. Just because she made terrible jokes at another expense doesn't mean she deserves to do. 

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

White comics always do this and seem to get a pass.......
Gurl! Cape is staying tucked in for this ofay.LOL

Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:27pm
Damn near all white comics rely on the "shocking/distasteful/corny route".....very very VERRRYYYY few of them or genuinely funny..

Print Page | Close Window