Print Page | Close Window

agree to disagree with mate?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374183
Printed Date: Sep 26 2017 at 4:52am

Topic: agree to disagree with mate?
Posted By: creole booty
Subject: agree to disagree with mate?
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:08pm
Can/do u leave disagreements as disagreements within ur romantic relationship, or do u have to keep discussing until u reach an agreement? Can u agree to disagree without using it as a judgment against their character, without holding a grudge, and without bringing it back up in the future and arguing again?

I can agree to disagree, but I do judge.

Replies:
Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:16pm
no im not about to bitch and whine til you agree with me

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:17pm
We just agreed to disagree the other night, over a news story.
But I judged and gave him the stank eye.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:18pm
Pick your battles. You'll never find someone who'll always agree with you.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:52pm
I don't judge...i tell him that's fine and we drop it.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:57pm

i just drop it

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

i just drop it

gawd i need this gift 

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:10pm
on those rare occasions when SO and i don't agree on something, we just let it go. i don't like arguing just to try and change someone's mind. that's a waste of time. 

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:17pm
it really depends on what we're talking about...i can be really passionate about women's issues and sometimes it hurts if he doesn't get it

i will literally need to make him understand, otherwise i have to stop f*cking him, he don't deserve this anymore

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:19pm
well yea…. it really does depend. 

there are times ill be like, this is stupid………… or, not worth it. or not that serial. 
but if i feel a way i feel a way 

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:42pm
i wouldn't even be with someone if we disagreed on important things like women's issues, race issues, abuse, etc. SO and i disagree on stupid shyt like what color should go in the bedroom....yeah that's all i can think of right now. i don't think we've ever disagreed on something major. 

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:26pm
Most things I can agree to disagree..I think..lol.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

it really depends on what we're talking about...i can be really passionate about women's issues and sometimes it hurts if he doesn't get it

i will literally need to make him understand, otherwise i have to stop f*cking him, he don't deserve this anymore

LOL I love how you tell it straight out. No beating around the bush with you (no pun intended). I'm the same way. Like someone said earlier, you have to pick your battles. But some things are non-negotiable.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 6:31pm
I once argued with a guy in Dominick's because he wouldn't choose any ice cream except chocolate, vanilla, or Neapolitan. Then, he wouldn't eat the strawberry side!

We left with chocolate and irreconcilable differences.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 6:36pm
We can usually come to some agreement
I respect and value his opinion

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 6:37pm
Football season is upon us.
Plenty disagreements coming.

Our most heated arguments have been sports related.

Then finally I say don't talk to me I don't want to talk about it.
Five minutes later its all good

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i wouldn't even be with someone if we disagreed on important things like women's issues, race issues, abuse, etc. SO and i disagree on stupid shyt like what color should go in the bedroom....yeah that's all i can think of right now. i don't think we've ever disagreed on something major. 

Yeah that's where I was gonna go with the OP.

It'll never work if we don't agree on those things. With petty stuff, I hate when there's unnecessary tension so I usually smooth things over in a day's time.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 6:50pm
we agree on everything. Every little thing.
lol

not sure if I get it, but we probably let it go

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 12:50am

you won right? lol

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 3:29am

that's how I feel....there's no other way.

when couples say they're total opposites or i notice in general that they're SO different i dont understand why they're together. 

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 7:24am
When we're in public I agree with him even it's pure phuckery because it's my instinct to have his back.
At home though, we're always debating something with no feelings caught. I appreciate his difference in opinion but I don't need to agree.

Our latest debate is when to introduce solids to the babies. He wants me to start with rice cereal at 3 months but I told him that the latest research says 4 months minimum and 6 months is ideal to start introducing solids to lower the risk of obesity later in life.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:47am
 i can agree to disagree.  but i don't f*cks with mofos who are at odds with my thinking on important stuff anyway.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 11:00am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

you won right? lol

LOL...lol of course. he's only allowed to make decisions about his man cave, the rest is all mine. 

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 11:09am
It depends

If I feel like I've made the only
realistic opinion on the matter, tore his to shreds, and provided citations, and he's just being annoying by disagreeing..I've commonly ended the convo with sh*t like "you're a stupid idiot, youre just trying to piss me off. Shut the fck up talking to me"..and I'll be irritated, but we can continue on like nothing happened

Orrrr I'll keep reiterating my point.smh. I have a hard time letting some stuff go

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 11:47am

LOL...lol of course. he's only allowed to make decisions about his man cave, the rest is all mine. 

LOL

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 12:02pm
I'm not so mad anymore so I'll tell the story. Basically I told my mate about a higher paying job 4 months ago. He wouldn't take it because he doesn't want to work with kids. His homie told him about the job yesterday and he was telling me about this oh so wonderful job his friend was telling him about, and I'm like "that's bullsh*t." I was pissed and I told him that he only didn't want the job because it was my idea. We started arguing, I said let's drop it, just forget it because I knew he either was faking not understanding me or he's too stupid to understand me (that's how I felt anyway). He wouldn't stop arguing so I got out the car at the red light and sprinted a half mile away from him. He said the white people in the cars next to him were smh-ing at him lol

It pissed me off that he wouldn't drop it

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 1:25pm
lol @ your sprinting away.

you're not serious that he didn't want the job because it was your idea, are you?

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:04pm
I legit can't think of why he hated the idea when I presented it to him, and why he loved the idea when his friend offered the exact same job.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 8:12pm

@smaison: No homo but is that your body in your avi? My eyes are kinda drawn to it. You look hot.

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

@smaison: No homo but is that your body in your avi? My eyes are kinda drawn to it. You look hot.

yes its me hun. thank you for the compliment Embarrassed

Print Page | Close Window