Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374175
Printed Date: Dec 13 2017 at 12:30am

Topic: Wagmans is Leaving Us!:-(
Posted By: ShadeTree
Subject: Wagmans is Leaving Us!:-(
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:51am
I got an email saying they're going out of business. Their lease is up on Sept 30. My heart broke a little.

Replies:
Posted By: pepsi25
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:53am
Originally posted by ShadeTree ShadeTree wrote:

I got an email saying they're going out of business. Their lease is up on Sept 30. My heart broke a little.
The struggle is REAL!

Posted By: PerfectBlending
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:01am
I just posted the same thing. In what forum? I dont know because it aint here lmaoooo.

Anyway too many hair vendors popping up. too much competition. and now majority of the world knows how to buy hair directly from the wholesaler, no need for the "middle man". even tho wagmans hair is on another level. their prices were pretty high.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:04am
I heard . People are buying form ALI .

Posted By: melothoma
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:05am
Damn. I pray I can get the chance to order some for the first time ever before they close :(

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:18am

Our Lease is up September 30th and we have decided to CLOSE Wagman Hair

It is your LAST CHANCE to BUY Wagman Hair and use any Store Credits you have with us.  

[No NEW Referral credits, No returns, No COD's will be accepted]

Please feel free to use any discount code Now - while supplies last.

Use Code CS25 for $25 off $65- $148

Use Code CS45 for $45 off $149- $199

Use Code CS60 for $60 off $200 and up

Order online or place a phone order at 215-269-1600 (Mon-Fri., 9-5pm EST) 

One discount code per order/person - One CS25,CS45, CS60 code per person  

THANK YOU for your Hair Business all these years!

We will miss you........................

[IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO COME TO OUR OFFICE PLEASE MAKE AN APT BY CALLING 215-269-1600]

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:32am
aliexpress ain't no joke... they have totally changed the game.

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:00pm
Saw it coming with all the sales...wonder which big vendor is next

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:09pm
Oh no!

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:26pm
I want to get some malay hair..

Date Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:44pm
I am going to order over the phone . Make a list of questions before you purchase. I have stash from years ago that looks new . All textures are not the same quality . Be careful with the colors . All blondes and brown can greatly vary . I love the NC . I will miss my favorite vendor .

Posted By: Cream1970
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:17am
I still have some bundles in from my 09 purchase. It's the only hair I've purchased since then.

Posted By: shoefreakbaby
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:46am
R.I.P

Posted By: lindygaga
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 4:14am
OOH,that is regretful,But you can buy from Virgo Hair,The shop assistant named Anny and lim always give me beat service !:)

Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

I still have some bundles in from my 09 purchase. It's the only hair I've purchased since then.

Posted By: MrsJHorn
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:14am
So then I shouldn't be worried about getting bad hair if I make a purchase now? I just saw the email too! I've never purchased before but want to take advantage of the sale!

Posted By: *M. Gurl *
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:33am
Wow this is like Naturegirl all over again.Broken Heart If only they had hair like iluvweave had in stock.....

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:40am
Naturegirl- LOL you have been here awhile- I remember my hair lust days I could never bring myself to do it though that hair was a grip!

Posted By: *M. Gurl *
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:09pm
Lol yup. I remember emailing the owner about their vendor info after closingLOL

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:16pm

Cream , I thought of you when I received the email .
Wags was my first premium hair purchase back in '08/09. I never
had any issues.

Posted By: CCdaHAIRvixxen
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by MrsJHorn MrsJHorn wrote:

So then I shouldn't be worried about getting bad hair if I make a purchase now? I just saw the email too! I've never purchased before but want to take advantage of the sale!

Posted By: DIVA007
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 5:45pm
Sad to hear this. Their level of customer service is hard to come by these days. My natural curly from Wags is my all time favorite hair. As someone posted wonder who is next...

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:06pm
What if they end up not closing? Just a publicity stunt ha, wishful thinking. 

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:09pm
I'd b happy if it's just a stunt. I ordered 3 bundles from them the moment I found out. I'm never dying, cutting, or anything this hair lol.

Posted By: CCdaHAIRvixxen
Date Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 7:57pm
What hair of hers , cannot be lightened or dyed and why does it say not to put oil on the hair , not that i would just wondering. Whats the best hair from there , im preferably a straight hair type

Posted By: Mocha_Shay
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 7:38am
Yup im goin to hve to take yhe plunge n get my malaysian hair.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:21am
Wags was my first weave Disapprove

Posted By: essence
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 1:00pm
Wow! This is shocking news.  I dont think the larger parent company ever intended to become hair weave retailers.  But still surprising nonetheless.

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:21pm
Hey, Essence. It's been a month of Sundays!

Yep, sign of the times. Wagmans' was it when I first joined the board.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by essence essence wrote:

Wow! This is shocking news.  I dont think the larger parent company ever intended to become hair weave retailers.  But still surprising nonetheless.

Exactly. Im hoping that they go back to the old way of business and go back to selling wholesale under the parent company since they are ending business with the highly inflated retail prices.

Posted By: dee1672
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 6:44pm
Damn! And I was just contemplating putting my Wags up for sale in M2M....guess not!

Posted By: essence
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 8:01pm
HI !!!!! LynnNyc !!!!!  

I am equally surprised to see somebody that I "know" still on here ..... I remember when we all first found out about Wagmans.  And how everybody went bizzzerk!   .... Those were some funny days.  LOL

Originally posted by LynnNyc LynnNyc wrote:

Posted By: cocopuffs
Date Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Exactly. Im hoping that they go back to the old way of business and go back to selling wholesale under the parent company since they are ending business with the highly inflated retail prices.

NJ--
+1

this is a real blow! Very sorry to hear this!Cry

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 3:26am
CryCryoh hell no....this place is a hop, skip and a jump to go to for me ..5 minutes from my sil down in Bristol...

Cry CryCryCry
they take me in the warehouse...hot as hell back there and bring out a selection of hair i inquired about and make my -pickings and purchase other stuff there too and out the door i went....gorgeous hair....

so sad...so sad...

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 31 2014 at 9:23am

yes because back then you can get pound of hair for like $550 unlike now you are only getting 8oz for the same price. I liked it better when they did not have a website or social media

Posted By: Daymarme
Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 11:36am
This is heart breaking...I will never have a chance to experience that NC hair! :( 
So who's left now?! 

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 11:37am
whoops...dupe

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 11:41am

Same here, when I first joined BHM it was all about the Laniks, Wags and EP. Those were the top 3. I remember the NC hair like it was yesterday. This girl posted her pics of her hair installed while she went on a trip to DR. That hair was love at first sight for me, lol. Unfortunatley, I kept putting it off and now look! smh.

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 7:46pm
Wagman is what brought me over to BHM back in 2004. I was on 'the other hair forum' back then and admiring pix of the Wagman DC hair and someone mentioned that there were pix of black women women wearing it on BHM and I've been here since.

Wagman hair was my first premium hair purchase back in 2005 and the crazy thing is that I still have the hair all these years later (I made it into a upart wig a few months ago)Heart

Date Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

Same here, when I first joined BHM it was all about the Laniks, Wags and EP. Those were the top 3. I remember the NC hair like it was yesterday. This girl posted her pics of her hair installed while she went on a trip to DR. That hair was love at first sight for me, lol. Unfortunatley, I kept putting it off and now look! smh.

LOL I remember those pix. Chileeee, her curls were on FIRE!!!!!!Clap

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:40am

LOL I remember those pix. Chileeee, her curls were on FIRE!!!!!!Clap

I remember her pictures, too. UniqueMonique, right?

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 2:19pm
No, I forgot this lady's screenname, but it wasnt UniqueMonique.

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:24pm

That's what sold me on it too!

THIS is why I bought Wags NC

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/wagman-natural-curly-install-pics_topic109845_page1.html

Trying to make it clickable, but it ain't working!

Date Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 9:38pm

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/wagman-natural-curly-install-pics_topic109845_page1.html

YES LAWD!!! ClapClapClap
I ordered my NC right after I saw that postLOL

Posted By: SN2BPHD
Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 8:43am
They don't have much left.

Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 9:29am

ClapOMG, yes that is the one!!!! I really miss those days on BHM.  I think the board went crazy after that post, lollll. Seriously, What hair comes close to that nowadays? 
I'm feeling like I better hurry up and try that Yummy Curly hair while it's still around. That's the only one I've seen lately that's caught my eye. Really pricey though, smh. 

Date Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 9:30am
Does she come on the board anymore. @Krave come back! :)

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 06 2014 at 11:35pm
I got 3 bundles of the 20 inch in the mail about 3 days ago. I asked for the coarsest hair they had. It's gorgeous. The curls r perfect. I made it into a wig with the flip over method. I'm natural and I have little leave out flat ironed along the front and everyone asks if it's my hair, even though it's been rainy and humid. I'm so sad to see them go.

Posted By: PerfectDiva
Date Posted: Sep 07 2014 at 6:16pm
Damn you pop up hair companies!!!! The marketplace is so saturated that quality companies don't stand a chance. 

Posted By: DonBellaDiva
Date Posted: Sep 08 2014 at 10:27am
The question is whether or not the stuff they have left on sale is even worth it. A lot of times they only have the crap left. 

Date Posted: Sep 09 2014 at 6:01pm
I called Friday and didn't get a return call. Called today and they don't have any NC. I even asked for scrap pieces since they had sold me 2oz before, but they had nothing but straight.

Date Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 12:44pm
i missed the boat. i kept forgetting to call and their phone was going to vm on friday but they didnt return my msg. i remembered to call today and was told that all the IH is gone and they only have the really long length Chinese "Malaysian Straight" hair. I didnt ask about hair accessories (closures, frontals, etc) so they probably still have those. I also forgot to ask if they will have industry only hair available in the future.

Posted By: Gumdrop92
Date Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 4:03pm
I missed everythingCry

I wanted the raw stuff

Posted By: sweetinabug
Date Posted: Sep 11 2014 at 4:55pm
I can't believe they are gone. I liked their hair. I still have the natural body. I guess it's becoming a wig now.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:03am
Dupe

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:06am

Date Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by sweetinabug sweetinabug wrote:

I can't believe they are gone. I liked their hair. I still have the natural body. I guess it's becoming a wig now.

Their natural body texture was the best hair that I have ever seen in my life. I regret selling my stash of it. Stern Smile

Posted By: CherryPrincess
Date Posted: Sep 13 2014 at 11:19am
Oh this has me crying!CryCry   I have been buying from them forever.  I actually had one woman who knew my exact pattern and length I wanted of virgin hair so I was getting exactly what I wanted EVERY time.  Now I have to start all over hunting for hair.  Oh WOES me!

Posted By: vandyshay
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 9:55am
All of Wagman's enhanced and natural curly is sold out. I've been wearing it for years, because it's the perfect match to my hair. I was so happy to have finally found the perfect fit. Though I did notice that the quality was decreasing over the past year. Any of you curly gurls care to offer any suggestion as to a similar replacement? I'm going to a wedding next month and I'm about to panic!!

Posted By: vandyshay
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 9:56am
I even asked them for info on who their vendor was, but of course they didn't tell me!

Posted By: CallMeLaLa
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 10:30am
Originally posted by vandyshay vandyshay wrote:

I even asked them for info on who their vendor was, but of course they didn't tell me!

This doesn't surprise me. But at the same time, if you're going out of business with no plans to reopen, why not spill the deets? What do you have to lose? Ah well.

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by vandyshay vandyshay wrote:

I too asked for the name of their vendor and they didn't tell me. Urgh!

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 4:35pm

Me too cream.  Still got 8 oz never wefted, that I have been sending to Sam ever since.LOL

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

Wags was my first weave Disapprove

Haha Coco you and me both.....Wink

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 4:44pm
All that's left is grey bulk hair for braiding.Unhappy

Posted By: Brooke@RC
Date Posted: Sep 19 2014 at 12:30pm
Ladies, this s what happens when everyone runs around trying to get the cheapest option possible (not saying people on here always, but many customers in this industry now do).  I'm not at all judging people for wanting to pay less, but you get what you pay for in life.  Sure, sometimes products are over priced because a brand name, but many times not.  99% of the market knows nothing of the process of creating a consistent product, and the few that know, only know enough to be dangerous because they think they know more than they do.  

We have a senior person at our company who knows the owner of Wagman's very well......and worked with him for years.  It was a good company that has been around for a LONG time.  You need to support the businesses that provide you with products and services you enjoy, even if they are not the cheapest. I'm a bit disappointed that they are leaving because even though they were a competitor on some levels, they had a lot of loyal customers that didn't shop around for anything else.  They provided a solid, consistent product and customer service----something that is not an easy or inexpensive proposition in today's world, especially in the U.S. and in our industry.  

As far as their supplier, they had a good one.  One that is respected in the industry and supplies to a few other well known companies around the world.  That being said, they shouldn't offer up that name. Wagman's worked hard, people did not want to pay for their quality, so why should they then help everyone out by giving it away?  Plus, their supplier does not deal with single small orders.......so even if they told you, its not as simple as just ordering a few packs and away you go.

Farewell to a company with a good name that no doubt will be missed.  I hope its not a sign of things to come to all the better companies, because no one will be happy with what is left.

~Brooke

Date Posted: Sep 19 2014 at 9:55pm
I asked their vendor info too! lol

Posted By: Rose1986
Date Posted: Sep 20 2014 at 7:26am
Really,only few days left.

Posted By: natalie2u
Date Posted: Sep 20 2014 at 10:05pm
I thought it said no new orders after 9/19...I think they're finally done

Posted By: Toni0014
Date Posted: Sep 21 2014 at 7:08pm
Any ideas on who those other companies are who use the same vendor as Wagmans?

Date Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 11:17am
On their website it says they are reopening soon. I knew it!! 

Posted By: Brooke@RC
Date Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 11:27am
They are not reopening, they have sold the rights to use their website......

So some cheaper supplier made a deal to take their website, as it said earlier in the week that they were closed and that a new entity would take over the site.

Cheers,
Brooke

Date Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Brooke@RC Brooke@RC wrote:

So some cheaper supplier made a deal to take their website, as it said earlier in the week that they were closed and that a new entity would take over the site.

Cheers,
Brooke

Okay. Smile

Date Posted: Sep 24 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Brooke@RC Brooke@RC wrote:

Cheers,
Brooke

Thank you for sharing that information.Thumbs Up

Posted By: CherryPrincess
Date Posted: Sep 25 2014 at 10:09pm
I'm very interested in any good alternatives to Wagman's  RAW virgin curly.  It was the best curls I have gotten since NatureGirl.  NatureGirl broke my heart when they closed shop.  Now Wagman's!  I don't want to go back to picking through nitty hair and greys or being sent steamed hair claiming to be raw VIRGIN curls.  I'm gonna have a stroke just thinking about it.  Indique has good curly but OMG those prices!

Print Page | Close Window