Print Page | Close Window

A 9 y.o. with an uzi...what could go wrong?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374164
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 10:32pm

Topic: A 9 y.o. with an uzi...what could go wrong?
Posted By: Az~Maverick
Subject: A 9 y.o. with an uzi...what could go wrong?
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:29pm

Ariz. girl accidentally shoots, kills shooting instructor

DOLAN SPRINGS — Authorities say a shooting instructor accidentally shot in the head by a 9-year-old girl has died.

Mohave County Sheriff's officials say 39-year-old Charles Vacca of Lake Havasu City died Monday after he was shot at the Last Stop outdoor shooting range in White Hills.

Sheriff's officials say Vacca was airlifted to the University Medical Center in Las Vegas, Nev.

According to investigators, Vacca was standing next to the girl while he was instructing her on how to use an automatic Uzi when the accident happened. Authorities say the girl pulled the trigger and the recoil sent the gun over her head and the victim was shot.

Deputies say the girl was at the shooting range with her parents.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2014/08/25/arizona-girl-accidentally-shoots-shooting-instructor/14594549/" rel="nofollow - http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/arizona/2014/08/25/arizona-girl-accidentally-shoots-shooting-instructor/14594549/

Replies:
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:31pm
Honestly my first thought was this fool deserves everything he gets for trying to teach a 9 year old how to fire a Uzi

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:32pm
I hope he had a good week.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:35pm
Another reason why I'm with Pierce Morgan on the gun control issues

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:52pm
My 1st thought was you gave a 9 year old a gun? Then it was actually loaded??

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:55pm
Most adults can't even hold a regular gun straight after it fires. What would make them think a 9 yr. old could handle an uzi...

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:57pm
Why do people insist on bringing guns into the lives of children?  that shyt is not cute...hunting, anything.  It's his own fault.

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:03pm
And in today's climate, I shudder to think what would happen if "teacher" and child were both blacks and police became involved. White entitlement is a muthafucca.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:06pm
Im pretty sure I shot my first gun around that age.
Damn, he deserved to die for doing his job?

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Im pretty sure I shot my first gun around that age.
Damn, he deserved to die for doing his job?

I don't think he deserved to die, but it's still his own fault.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:28pm
Knowing how the kickback on that gun is hard for adults to handle....why put it in the hands of a child. I know there is video of this. Gun enthusiast love to show off pictures and videos of their kids handling powerful weapons for some reason. Whats really sad is this kid will forever be traumatized by the events of that day.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:34pm
I don't even trust my 9 year old cousin with scissors sheeiitttt

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:20pm
White people are preparing for a race war that will not end the way they think . Awful .

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

I hope he had a good week.
LOL

Posted By: Faithfully2002
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:36pm
Smdh

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:46pm
What happen to logic? I honestly people watch too much TV because anyone would know this could happen

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:49pm
They make guns for children.....why an uzi? And why have to loaded.....

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:52pm
So they gave the child a powerful loaded gun and thought she could control it when grown man have a hard time handling it

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:08pm
saw the vid on FB earlier. Sad.
apparently minimum age at that range is 8.

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:32pm
An uzi tho?

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:37pm
Anyone know if the NRA made a statement yet???

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:43pm
Welp!

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by thewonderfulwa thewonderfulwa wrote:

Anyone know if the NRA made a statement yet???
*snicker*

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 11:46pm
Dang, I can't imagine how that kid feels. Why would adults even think of having a kid handle a gun like that.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 11:57pm
And my family barely wanted to teach me how to drive at 15. Bull.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:27am

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:31am
I knew there would be video. ...

Eta. Now ill wait for someone else to click it and give a heads up. .no pun intended

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:32am
that was surprisingly easy to watch.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:41am
y I saw vid earlier.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:49am
Is it bloody

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:52am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Is it bloody

you don't see the actual death...the camera cuts right as she loses control of the weapon and fires in his direction.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:00am
It would be Arizona, smh...

They don't need to charge that little girl.. charge the parents. For putting her up to this bullshit.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:02am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

And I bet you it was one of the dumbass parents recording this feeling all proud over their baby holding a gun, smfh...

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:44am
i've no issue with teaching kids to shoot but from what I know that gun is too strong her a child to handle.  I heard the recoil is crazy.

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:55am
Al least it didn't happen in Florida..

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:07am
I can't bring myself to watch stuff where I know the end result is gonna be a fatality and it's like fr fr not some make believe

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:09am
Not to make light but this situation look like it coulda been an opener for Six Feet Under.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:23am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

i've no issue with teaching kids to shoot but from what I know that gun is too strong her a child to handle.  I heard the recoil is crazy.

Posted By: MissDarkEyes
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 8:59am
That girl look about 80lbs soaking WET!!  WTF were the parents THINKING???

Posted By: whosbotheringme
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:36am
And this week's Darwin award goes to....

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:37am
Damn....her parents bypass handguns and go for the big guns...they gangsters....i feel bad for the Mexicans around them.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:51am
I'm sorry but I maintain this is stupid as hell and I don't feel much sympathy for the trainer. America has lost its goddamn mind. She's 9. Who the fucc puts an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Or any gun for that matter, unless they know the kid lives in the wild and will come in direct contact with wild bears, boars or lions? What is wrong with this country? How can you not all see that you have lost your mind?

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:11am
so this story is real 

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I'm sorry but I maintain this is stupid as hell and I don't feel much sympathy for the trainer. America has lost its goddamn mind. She's 9. Who the fucc puts an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Or any gun for that matter, unless they know the kid lives in the wild and will come in direct contact with wild bears, boars or lions? What is wrong with this country? How can you not all see that you have lost your mind?

Not everyone in America is pro this $#!%.  It's the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard, which is why they win this weeks Darwin in my opinion.  The media might make you think we all agree but we don't.  Unless this is Little House on the friggin Prarie and you hunting for dinner or keeping wolves out your house, there is no reason for this.  And STILL not an UZI the hell.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:16am
Originally posted by whosbotheringme whosbotheringme wrote:

Not everyone in America is pro this $#!%.  It's the stupidest thing I think I've ever heard, which is why they win this weeks Darwin in my opinion.  The media might make you think we all agree but we don't.  Unless this is Little House on the friggin Prarie and you hunting for dinner or keeping wolves out your house, there is no reason for this.  And STILL not an UZI the hell.

I understand that there are people who disagree. But I'm going with some of the comments on BHM regarding this issue that always have me gasping. Some people are so used to living in an environment where gun ownership is "a constitutional right" that they can't even fathom how fucced up the whole thing looks from the outside. It should not be a right to carry weapons designed to kill people unless there's a damn good reason for it. These people are not living in the Amazonian jungle or deep in the Congo bushes

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:20am
I got news... to me it looks fugged up from the inside as well.  And personally I have always had an issue with the interpretation of this particular constitutional amendment but hey.

But white folx be on some other mess with this gun rights thing.  They really think they will fight the government if and when it becomes necessary.  News flash:  times have changed since they wrote this particular amendment.  The Calvary will NOT ride up to your door with horses.  Drones will take out your whole neighborhood and you wont have a chance to fire those danged guns anydamnedway.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:22am
And weapons and bullets sure as hell shouldn't be sold in Walmart like you're buying batteries or a jug of milk! Only in America.
I could understand if you're a farmer or live in remote areas with coyotes or something. And even then, an Uzi is not necessary. The public should NEVER have access to that kind of weaponry.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:25am
[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]And weapons and bullets sure as hell shouldn't be sold in Walmart like you're buying batteries or a jug of milk! Only in America.
I could understand if you're a farmer or live in remote areas with coyotes or something. And even then, an Uzi is not necessary. The public should NEVER have access to that kind of weaponry.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.  I bolded only part but I actually agree with it all.  But I guess there are people that still do hunt for food, so that is a particularly grey area.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:25am

I got news... to me it looks fugged up from the inside as well.  And personally I have always had an issue with the interpretation of this particular constitutional amendment but hey.

But white folx be on some other mess with this gun rights thing.  They really think they will fight the government if and when it becomes necessary.  News flash:  times have changed since they wrote this particular amendment.  The Calvary will NOT ride up to your door with horses.  Drones will take out your whole neighborhood and you wont have a chance to fire those danged guns anydamnedway.

It's up to the government to step in but they're scared of the gun lobbies. What other western country out there permits the sale of these types of weapons to ordinary citizens, and so easily too? I can't think of a single one. And then they wonder why crime is so intense south of the border. Sometimes you have to look around you and see what's working and model yourself after that. But Americans wanna act like they're invincible.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:28am

Mike Bloomberg BEEN trying to tell them that they all lost their minds but hey.  Since he is not mayor anymore he actually has pledged to use his money to counteract the gun lobbyists.  Continuing the initiative he started as mayor.  I have a serious like - hate relationship with that man.CryLOL

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:32am

[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]And weapons and bullets sure as hell shouldn't be sold in Walmart like you're buying batteries or a jug of milk! Only in America.
I could understand if you're a farmer or live in remote areas with coyotes or something. And even then, an Uzi is not necessary. The public should NEVER have access to that kind of weaponry.[/QUOTE]

I completely agree.  I bolded only part but I actually agree with it all.  But I guess there are people that still do hunt for food, so that is a particularly grey area.

Those are the only exemptions that I understand. Farmers, people who live in areas where they actually have to hunt for food or that have wild animals that can be life threatening, people working as conservation personnel, etc. Regulation should be very, very stringent. But no, they get the grand idea of putting an uzi in the hands of a 9 year old. SMH.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:34am

Mike Bloomberg BEEN trying to tell them that they all lost their minds but hey.  Since he is not mayor anymore he actually has pledged to use his money to counteract the gun lobbyists.  Continuing the initiative he started as mayor.  I have a serious like - hate relationship with that man.CryLOL

I didn't know that about him. I'm surprised considering some of his other views.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:35am
What type of instructor gives an uzi to a small 9 y/o to shoot?

Welp!

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:35am

I didn't know that about him. I'm surprised considering some of his other views.

Yes he even sued gun stores in other states because he contends that people buy them in Virginia and such and transport them to NYC for nefarious purposes.  Which is actually how most of the guns get on the streets on NY honestly.

His views are actually all over the map.  He can do that with the money he has.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:46am
i dont see how its his fault that hes dead… 

the minimum age there is 8.. and as an instructor he might have seen children that age shoot the gun. 

its the parents fault. 

i bet they were like, 'ooo… can she try the uzi?' 

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:52am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i dont see how its his fault that hes dead… 

the minimum age there is 8.. and as an instructor he might have seen children that age shoot the gun. 

its the parents fault. 

i bet they were like, 'ooo… can she try the uzi?' 

Jesus Christ. Who the fucc came up with this piece of legislation in the first place? He/She should be shot. And I mean every word. By an 8 year old.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:53am

Even if the minimum age is 8, as an INSTRUCTOR you should be wise enough to say "little Sally can't handle the UZI."  He should have known the kickback was too much for her to handle and adjusted accordingly.  If they want their 9 year old handling the UZI, why does it need to be done with real bullets?  As an instructor I think you have some discretion no matter the rules.  He obviously didn't even brace her for the first shot cause it went all over the place.  Why is the UZI necessary I still don't understand but hey.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:54am
And personally I think the parents should have been stopped before they multiplied as well.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:56am
lol they gonna get you jolie, ilurk. where missandra at

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:03pm

Even if the minimum age is 8, as an INSTRUCTOR you should be wise enough to say "little Sally can't handle the UZI."  He should have known the kickback was too much for her to handle and adjusted accordingly.  If they want their 9 year old handling the UZI, why does it need to be done with real bullets?  As an instructor I think you have some discretion no matter the rules.  He obviously didn't even brace her for the first shot cause it went all over the place.  Why is the UZI necessary I still don't understand but hey.

Right? The gun is too much for some adults 3x her size.

Welp!

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

LOL  I'm ready for it. Bring it.

Posted By: trudawg
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:08pm
Its hard to say what he should have known or done. It was a tragic accident. That said, would I let my 9 y.o shoot a fully auto weapon? Hell no. I wouldn't even let my 15 y.o shoot it and they have had practice shooting before.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:20pm
guns are dumb.  nobody should have them aside from military & law enforcement.  & Ion even like them nigguhs having it tbh.  I think most ppl that choose those professions are trigger happy sadists anyway

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:23pm
If hes a gun enthusiasts he should have known better. The worse thing that could have happened would be the girl shooting herself in the head. All the adults were acting irresponsible.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 12:29pm
Welp..

It would be interesting if the parents could be charged for this.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Wait is this me?  LMAO!!!!!

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:34pm
Found this in another article

-little evidence that the deceased, Charles Vacca, 39, is a firearms instructor with any certifications. He only completed his concealed carry class in March

-video of the event, taken by the girl’s parents

-If this story sounds vaguely familiar to you, it may be because you are remembering a 2008 incident where eight-year-old killed himself firing another Mini Uzi in Connecticut. Edward Fleury, a former police chief, had arranged the event where the child was allowed to fire the weapon, was found not guilty of manslaughter charges in that incident. The “instructor” in that incident was a 15-year-old boy.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:36pm

exactly, i mean what a fcking dumb redneck.  what are they trying to prove?  kids don't need to learn how to kill people.  Uzi's are used to kill people.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Found this in another article

-little evidence that the deceased, Charles Vacca, 39, is a firearms instructor with any certifications. He only completed his concealed carry class in March

-video of the event, taken by the girl’s parents

-If this story sounds vaguely familiar to you, it may be because you are remembering a 2008 incident where eight-year-old killed himself firing another Mini Uzi in Connecticut. Edward Fleury, a former police chief, had arranged the event where the child was allowed to fire the weapon, was found not guilty of manslaughter charges in that incident. The “instructor” in that incident was a 15-year-old boy.
\

I actually remember this story.  I felt sorry for the little boy but I think I remember giving the parents and every adult involved multiple natural selection awards.  I'm going to let my 8 year old handle an UZI, and on top of it his mentor in this particular case is a 15 year old CHILD?

FOH.  They should all be under the jail just because people that stupid shouldn't be walking around amongst us.

And imo, the parents of the kid in the OP just got more stupid.  You let someone who isn't EXTREMELY trained teach your kid how to handle an assault rifle?  What?

Buncha dumbasses I swear.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:02pm
Welp!

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Welp!

Alright Miss CC

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:10pm
LOL

Fine den! I'll go sit in the corner.Embarrassed

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Why do people insist on bringing guns into the lives of children?  that shyt is not cute...hunting, anything.  It's his own fault.

my exact thoughts. SMDH. haoles....damn stupid.
And where are her parents? why are they letting her do this?

and live ammo? christ, the utter stupidity

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:37pm

for what??? teach a child to shoot for what reason?

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I don't understand this either this is not the prairie.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 3:44pm

Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

I don't understand this either this is not the prairie.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:48pm
Welp. just my opinion.

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 4:51pm
I blame the parents too.  Why would they bring a 9 year old to a shooting range?

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:32pm
Yet they think those from the middle east are monsters for doing the same with their kids. Cuz an uzi is clearly for hunting Im sure.

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:03pm

[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]I'm sorry but I maintain this is stupid as hell and I don't feel much sympathy for the trainer. America has lost its goddamn mind. She's 9. Who the fucc puts an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Or any gun for that matter, unless they know the kid lives in the wild and will come in direct contact with wild bears, boars or lions? What is wrong with this country? How can you not all see that you have lost your mind?

I understand that there are people who disagree. But I'm going with some of the comments on BHM regarding this issue that always have me gasping. Some people are so used to living in an environment where gun ownership is "a constitutional right" that they can't even fathom how fucced up the whole thing looks from the outside. It should not be a right to carry weapons designed to kill people unless there's a damn good reason for it. These people are not living in the Amazonian jungle or deep in the Congo bushes[/QUOTE]

In the Congo bushes, we are not armed to the teeth. She is too young to be carrying.  I do think that its time that Black people arms ourselves.  The Black Panthers knew what was truly up. 

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

In the Congo bushes, we are not armed to the teeth. She is too young to be carrying.  I do think that its time that Black people arms ourselves.  The Black Panthers knew what was truly up. 

This is what I struggle with.  As much as I hate the pervasive gun culture, I think we need to arm ourselves also just because they are so armed.  I just wish the need wasn't so strong.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by purple.chuckz purple.chuckz wrote:

[QUOTE=JoliePoufiasse]I'm sorry but I maintain this is stupid as hell and I don't feel much sympathy for the trainer. America has lost its goddamn mind. She's 9. Who the fucc puts an Uzi in the hands of a 9 year old? Or any gun for that matter, unless they know the kid lives in the wild and will come in direct contact with wild bears, boars or lions? What is wrong with this country? How can you not all see that you have lost your mind?

I understand that there are people who disagree. But I'm going with some of the comments on BHM regarding this issue that always have me gasping. Some people are so used to living in an environment where gun ownership is "a constitutional right" that they can't even fathom how fucced up the whole thing looks from the outside. It should not be a right to carry weapons designed to kill people unless there's a damn good reason for it. These people are not living in the Amazonian jungle or deep in the Congo bushes[/QUOTE]

The only reason that black people in America need to arm themselves is because this gun thing in America has gotten out of control. If all these white folks weren't allowed to open carry their guns in restaurants and supermarkets in the first place, black people wouldn't feel the need to protect themselves from out of control rednecks.

Who knows maybe 50 years from now, the gvt will realize how untenable the whole situation is and will make it mandatory for the civilian population to surrender all their guns at designated recycling spots. One can only dream. And maybe the Congo bush is not the right analogy, maybe I should have said deep in the dense jungles that the Congo is known to have. You know, away from cities, where there are actual menacing creatures to contend with?

And btw, the Congo is a pretty good example of what happens when guns are put in the hands of children by manipulative adults.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 9:53pm
It doesn't take a genius to figure out that along with poverty, increased circulation of guns in the hands of people who have no business having them is a factor in alarming crime stats. Why are other Western nations crime rates so different? That's because their gvts don't assume that it's a civilian's constitutional right to carry a uzi.

Print Page | Close Window