Print Page | Close Window

Who gets served first?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374145
Printed Date: Nov 21 2017 at 10:55am

Topic: Who gets served first?
Posted By: blaquefoxx
Subject: Who gets served first?
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:25pm
For the sisters that's either married with children or are living together with children; who's plate do you fix first? The Mr. or the kiddies??? Evil Smile 

Replies:
Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:26pm
not married but my babies eat first. that Brotha aint gonna die if i take 5 min to feed the ones who cant feed themselves...
plus i wanna shut them up so i can fix plates/eat in peace

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:28pm
Kids first. Adults last.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:29pm
Kids first or he needs to fix his own if he can't wait!

Posted By: sugabanana
Always kids 1st.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Usually my husband if he is the kids father....Kids if they are under 7.....I usually make Mr00's plate first and wrap it up before I make mines....Shyyyyt Im spoiled so I spoil my bunny.....

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:35pm
This is the current discussion amongst my friends on FB and wigs are gettin snatched lol. 

Follow up question: growing up, as far as you can remember, who did yall mom or grandmama serve first?

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:37pm
imaginary kids

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:39pm
wtf, men get the big piece of chicken and we get food first. what is this new age pepsi shiet ?

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:40pm
In the fb debate, what's the logic behind feeding the grown ass man first?

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:41pm
i eat first. 

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:02pm
Mine Stern Smile

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:04pm
why cant the man make mine and the kids plates? does his dick prevent him from walkin his ass to the kitchen and fixin his family's plates? tf kinda shat...

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:05pm
I thought this was about oral sex dammit

but I serve myself first *thats why I'll be forever alone lmao*

I guess the kids eat first?

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:05pm
oh and any heaux that might be in attendance that is willing to make my man's plate can fix mine and my kids plates while she at it.  #thanksboo

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:07pm
kids first. then the man gets his plate made. how it was growing up at least.

when i get married, the food will be on the table family style. everybody just pass it around

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

why do people always feel theres a right or wrong answer to questions like this? if a woman feeds her husband before her kids, and another woman serves her kids first, whose to say either is wrong, especially if the husband is fine or not concerned on the matter? different households can do things differently without either being wrong.

i gotta go with this answer. as long as i get the big plate and a tall glass of tea i'm good.

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:13pm
why do people always feel theres a right or wrong answer to questions like this? if a woman feeds her husband before her kids, and another woman serves her kids first, whose to say either is wrong, especially if the husband is fine or not concerned on the matter? different households can do things differently without either being wrong.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:14pm
I would feed my kids first....and my future husband can fix his own plate unless his legs are broke....

My mom always fixed my dad's plate first, then hers, then ours lol

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:16pm
When you get married you become one. My husband will eat when I eat which is after the kids.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:25pm
My mom made my dad plate first even when he wasn't there.

Eventually who ever cooked always did as well.

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:29pm
I don't have kids but my mom fixed my father's first. At big get togethers, the elders would get served first, the little kids and then the adults/teens.

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:30pm
my mom fixed my dad's plate first too. then she would fix ours then hers. My mom always puts everyone in front of herselfDisapprove

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:40pm
kids always eat first in my house.

Posted By: purpulicious01
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:44pm
Husband first. Then kids.

We all will sit and eat together at the same time. 

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:48pm
Any woman who has the time to argue on FB about a topic like this most likely don't have a husband- IMO who has time to argue about what you do in your own household- PLEASE

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:51pm
i usually fix them at the same time so we can sit down to eat but if I am not eating at the same time, I serve my baby first. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:51pm
My mom was a SAHM and use to fix my dad's plate first when he was home.

*Imaginary kids in my imagination, word to Purp lol*
If the kids can't fix their own plate, the kids eat first. One of the parents will fix the plate for them.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:54pm
depends...

kids always eat first in my family, even now as an adult my mom tells me to go eat and my dad waits for me and my brother to get food...he still asks us if we've eaten when he's come home from work lol

make sure i fix the plates of my great aunts and uncles before myself 

my so does nearly all the cooking and fixes my plate first

just realized this thread is for the married lol

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Any woman who has the time to argue on FB about a topic like this most likely don't have a husband- IMO who has time to argue about what you do in your own household- PLEASE

No shade but this is the kinda question you always coming on BHM to ask. you always have a friend, a relative, you heard something on the bus, a guy......................................................etc.JS.

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

No shade but this is the kinda question you always coming on BHM to ask. you always have a friend, a relative, you heard something on the bus, a guy......................................................etc.JS.

orly? Geek

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:04pm
sundays when mom cooled the big breakfast, she would fix his tray (food drink napkins etc) and have me walk it to him. he would get breakfast in bed.

then my mom had ours then hers. at bbqs they got their own mom or dad got ours

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:04pm
With my ex, I would prepare his food while I prepared baby's bottle. I would hand him his food and I would feed baby, both would eat before me.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:07pm
can't remember whether my mom fixed my dad's plate or our plates first. knowing her she had him fix everybody's plates after she was done slaving in the kitchen. and knowing my dad, he probably did.

i personally wouldn't want to be with a man who would want me to feed him first. ridiculous. but to each their own. 

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:32pm
Don't have a husband/man but I'd fix my child's plate first either way. Kids were/are always served first in my family.

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:37pm
my husband first and then the kids

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

you are wrong about me. I don't ride the BUS! you serious? what are you even talking about ?? I post more philosophical questions- and how is this not Shade? its direct shade

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:55pm
women serving themselves last?
oh no

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:55pm
Breakfast in bed? Every sunday? Damn some men have it good

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:58pm
i'm curious about the rationale behind feeding your man first. anybody willing to share?

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:01pm
Everyone serves themselves from the serving dishes on the table. Can't start eating until everyone has their food anyway.

That way they learn good manners, how to be patient, how to control their own portions, and aren't near any hot dishes/appliances.

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

i'm curious about the rationale behind feeding your man first. anybody willing to share?

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:09pm
Sheiit I know im a forever single 22 year old but I don't get it either. Why can't men serve their own food like I don't mind cooking buterum you can share it out yourself.

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:19pm
I think the whole idea is supposed to allude to "traditions of the father", ie bible context- head of the household etc. but I think some people are afraid to even say what they think for fear of rejection and to be seen as an "anti-feminist", but for me the real issue is balance in this life- we need both energies to be appreciated and revered

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:20pm
From what I remember the mom's in my family served the children first so that's what i'd do.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:27pm
Im not married or dating but, I would definitely feed the kids first

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:29pm
Im all about equality. He better fix MY damn plate once in awhile and Ill return the favor  LOL

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Idk, for some men it's about "I pay the bills/brought this food, so I eat first"

Women may be thinking about it as being submissive, you know the "my man comes first"

My sister goes by both. Nobody eats until her husband gets home, even if he has to work late(sometimes as late as midnight). They wake up my nephews when he gets home so they can eat. Now that's taking it too far imo.

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:41pm
Which is why when I lived with them I used to eat out a lot, especially before I came home. I knew if I didn't I would be SOL, I also used to sneak my nephews snacks to eat so they wouldn't be hungry .

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:43pm
now that i think about it, i grew up in a muslim household when i was a youngin so we prayed as a family before each meal. therefore i'm pretty sure my ma had no particular reason to serve my daddy first since nobody was eating till we all sat down and prayed. 

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Some men are worth it...

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

For the sisters that's either married with children or are living together with children; who's plate do you fix first? The Mr. or the kiddies??? Evil Smile 
at gatherings its always kids first. once i get married its husband and then kids. theyll get over it...heck they're be grown probably.

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Idk, for some men it's about "I pay the bills/brought this food, so I eat first"

Women may be thinking about it as being submissive, you know the "my man comes first"

My sister goes by both. Nobody eats until her husband gets home, even if he has to work late(sometimes as late as midnight). They wake up my nephews when he gets home so they can eat. Now that's taking it too far imo.

this really bothers me

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:00pm
It should femme cuz thats some ol bs

give the kids their dinner at a reasonable hour and put them to bed at 9 ,you and your hubby can have dinner together at midnight if that's what you want smgdh

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:02pm
the religious aspect aside, if you are sitting down for dinner as a family, serving the children first allows their food to cool a bit while you prepare you and your hubby's plates. 

besides, men tend to eat faster than women and kids so unless you want your hubby to stuff his face then leave the table to go watch football while youre stuck at the table supervising the children alone, i just don't understand the rationale behind feeding the man first. 

but this is only applicable if you have the kind of family that sits down at meals together imho.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:28pm
Kids always eat first

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by aNgElIc*SoUl aNgElIc*SoUl wrote:

Cry NOOO.. this reminds me of the mentality some women have who choose their husband over the kid when there's been abuse. Idk your sister's situation, so I'm not saying that's her

but why does he allow this? and further, who wants to deal with kids at midnight? I wonder if they'll resent him/her for this kind of stuff later

Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:45pm
They both do it for the reasons I mentioned above(and even deeper), and he said that was the way his parents did things.

My nephews(11 and 13) are pretty much used to it by now, so idk how they really feel. They're also the type of people who don't make groceries, they just "pick up" what they want to eat on that day.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 11:49pm
Kids first. Now if they're teenagers or grown, then maybe the Mr. first.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 12:33am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

wtf, men get the big piece of chicken and we get food first. what is this new age pepsi shiet ?
African culture

And just because you get served first doesn't mean that the kids are gonna starve or there'll be food running out

However the kids often eat first because they go to bed first and much earlier

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 12:40am
I honestly like to fix my own plates. Some of y'all like to put the cornbread by the gravy, getting it all soggy before I can even eat it.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 12:48am
naw bruh.  I put de cornbread on top de greens so you can have an easier time mashing it with your fingers.  just mash downwards and you get the perfect mix of bread and greens then squeeze errything together betwixt all your fingers for maximum shapeage.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:44am
well my mom always fed my dad first then it turned into a buffet style dinner....LOLLOLget in line and put the food on your own plate, sit down, wait, bow heads, say grace and DIG THE HELL INLOLLOL

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:48am
So does anybody do like the movies/tvshows and gather around the table, on some 'can you please pass the peas?" sh*t?

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:01am
When I used to live at home and when my dad was alive yes ..

But he still went first

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 2:15am
My Grandfathers and Dad was served first, then children after.  In my home the children eat first, then the adults.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:32am
Side eye given to those that would fix a grown ass man a plate before their young children. 

My kids will always be priority. Them eating and having enough to eat is more important to me than a grown ass man who can get his grown ass up and fix his own damn plate. 

ETA: I asked my SO and he said "The kids.....but it's supposed to be me. Embarrassed

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 4:39am
My mama used to fix my daddy's plate first. She would make it all pretty...especially the salads. For us, she would just break up some ice berg lettuce and pour on some ranch. No croutons, bacon bits or nuffin'. Cry We called her out on it as we got older too. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:23am
When I was living with my grandma as a teen, she would make my brother's plate first and then look at my and be like, "you can fix your food now". 

My aunt, who hates men (she was abused in her last marriage, ended up killing him, did 10yrs and became a lesbian) would serve all the women first and the men last. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 6:30am
on the rare occasion that i do cook i fix all plates at the same time; just go down the line until all plates have everything. no plate is for any specific person because they all have the same amount of everything ( i am very anal about that). i aint got time to be going back and forth. if you want more get your ass up and get more. if we are gathering around the table we passing shyt around. i don't like making plates because there is always some kind of complaint. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 6:31am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I pull my breast out first
yeah but for who first doe?

Posted By: herwoman
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 6:39am
When I was growing up my mom would always fix my dads plate first and we would take it to him and when we got older we started doing the same thing. Family gatherings dad and mom get plates, kiddies then adults. We are fine with it.

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:58am
Originally posted by OhMyCurlz OhMyCurlz wrote:

Side eye given to those that would fix a grown ass man a plate before their young children. 

My kids will always be priority. Them eating and having enough to eat is more important to me than a grown ass man who can get his grown ass up and fix his own damn plate. 

thats why you make enough so that no one is starving after one plate is fixed.LOLSleepy i'll take that side eye. why are yall makin it sound like the kids will never eat? LOLLOL

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:58am
it doesn't matter to me if the kids are over 10 yrs old 

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:02am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

i used to hate bringing him his food..... I would bring up sexism and everything.  Now I see why my mom did it

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:04am
Kids eat First and this is what I saw growing up.
All plates where made the same.
Mine however was last because I was a picky eater(not in any rush to eat)...and 9 times out of 10 I was eating something different that my mother had to make for me

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:05am
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

thats why you make enough so that no one is starving after one plate is fixed.LOLSleepy i'll take that side eye. why are yall makin it sound like the kids will never eat? LOLLOL
ikr , they're over here tryna ration & stretch sh*t;  who the is cooking 4 portions for a famiy of 6?Confused

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:06am
and even when my dad cooks(up to my last visit)...he made my niece ...my sister and my plate first.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:17am
Im genuinely confused. Are ya'll talkin about who's plate gets put down on the table first or who eats first? Ya'll don't eat together as a family?

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:18am
I've never known a cook who serves themselves first

Never!

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

ikr , they're over here tryna ration & stretch sh*t;  who the is cooking 4 portions for a famiy of 6?Confused

Feeding a grown man who can make his own plate before your child....but do you girl... LOL

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:46am

Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

Feeding a grown man who can make his own plate before your child....but do you girl... LOL
re-read my 1st post ittWink

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:52am
whats wrong with doing it that way? if he's been working hard i dont see why not. not to mention i dont have babies. sure he could fix his own plate...so could anyone else..lol. you might still be upset about not getting those croutons or somethingGeek. *shrug* we will still all pray and eat at the same time..i dont see the big deal.LOL

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:00am
I don't get it either. The men always eat first in my family, and most of the women in my family don't work. If you have a good man who's working hard, why is it a step back in history to make sure the brotha eat? My kids will eat and so will I. We'll all sit down and eat together, but I don't mind sitting his plate on the table first.

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:06am
.....I'm not upset. We just disagree. I just wont be serving my man before my child (and by child I mean a young child that can't serve themselves without causing a mess). Hopefully my man would serve our imaginary children before me as well. If ya'll like it I love it doe. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:07am
lots of ppl like to make a big deal out of NOTHING.   My family, whether my household or my parents household, has never made an issue of this nor do they care.  Everybody eats.  Who cares who's 1st or last.  It seems like childish pushing on a kindergarten line. me 1st, no me 1st!  no meeee!!!  who tf cares

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:14am
We never really ate as a family growing up, except on Sundays.

I do wish we ate more as a family but it wasn't a big deal. My mom would fix and still does fix my dad's plate, but he likes to know we've eaten first. I'm sure none of the mothers on here are starving their children lol, so it's not a big deal. Everyone's different.

I just dont like making hungry kids wait to eat because the "man of the house" is not home. That's terrible. If my parents ever did that, I'd call my grandparents and have them come get me. Stern Smile

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:21am
Who ever ready to eat.

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:25am
Originally posted by femmefatale85 femmefatale85 wrote:

We never really ate as a family growing up, except on Sundays.

I do wish we ate more as a family but it wasn't a big deal. My mom would fix and still does fix my dad's plate, but he likes to know we've eaten first. I'm sure none of the mothers on here are starving their children lol, so it's not a big deal. Everyone's different.

I just dont like making hungry kids wait to eat because the "man of the house" is not home. That's terrible. If my parents ever did that, I'd call my grandparents and have them come get me. Stern Smile
exactly ia 100% HeartClap

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:38am
I don't think anyone meant the kids would have to wait till "the man of the house" gets home first. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:40am
i never said anyone here would do that, i was referring to angelic soul's comment about what her sister does

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:45am
I make every plate at the same time ..... But I'll give him his and then give my daughter hers.

But the dynamics in my household are probably different from most b/c my husband DOES ALL the chores. Sometimes I go to bed and he's still washing dishes....so, it's something I do to appreciate him.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:27am
I didn't grow in a non-traditional household nor was I around other who did it different so to me its:

Husband, kids, then wife/mom... Husband says grace and EVERYONE eats at the same time. We always had dinner everyday as a family. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 11:11am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Never!

LOL
smaison does.
when i'm home with the parentals and siblings and i cook, i make my plate and then i yell at everyone else that the food is ready for them to come make their plates.
no shame in my game. 

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:04pm

Never!

LOL

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

Never!

LOL
smaison does.
when i'm home with the parentals and siblings and i cook, i make my plate and then i yell at everyone else that the food is ready for them to come make their plates.
no shame in my game. 

is this considered shameful? LOL

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:08pm
scust scust!

Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:09pm
when I was growing up we usually sat around the table and passed things. If mom was serving from the kitchen she served kids first. I don't ever remember it being a big deal though. When mom was working early or late dad made breakfast and dinners (yummy) . He was a man before his time I guess lol.

Posted By: bigsexylisa
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:12pm
My mother always served my father first.  She still does to this day.  We eat together as a family so we all technically eat at the same time, after grace is said.  My dad always has his plate first though.  

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:15pm
hmmmmm from what i can recall...if we were sitting down to eat as a family, the kids plates were sat down first and then the man of the house.  i think the rational was that the man's food would be the hottest this way...

Print Page | Close Window