Print Page | Close Window

Go to the beach for a beauty treatment!

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374042
Printed Date: Oct 18 2018 at 5:23am

Topic: Go to the beach for a beauty treatment!
Posted By: Tbaby
Subject: Go to the beach for a beauty treatment!
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:13pm
So I recently came back last week from a beach vacationSmile!  I thought my hair would be dried out from daily sea water drenching.  At nite I'd co-wash w/ Suave conditioner, and the last evening before we left I shampooed w/ shea moisture, and left a slight amount of conditioner in before twisting.

My skin is soooo soft from the sand exfoliation, and my hair was tangle-free, shiny, and made a fantastic twist out that I strutted around with at work for the past 2 days, lol!  It feels wonderful.

So I ask BHM--does anyone else notice these great benefits from spending a few days at the beach?

And why weren't more of yall down there either?  Black folks were scarce at the beaches I went to at the gulf coast....Ouch

Replies:
Posted By: oh_so_moody
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:24pm
I have a sun allergy. (go figure... :-() The 50 SPF was just par for the course on south beach. I now have hives all over my body but my tan is okay.

As far as my hair, In box braids so can't tell.

Besides my hives and Sun burn, I love the beach.

Glad you got tons of benefits

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:24pm
Oh.. I just got back today.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:31pm
Hey Tbaby ^^^ Do you recall my Beach Lice topic ?
Lucky lady . Your post are missed .

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:35pm
Absolutely

1. Darker/healthier looking skin... practically glowing
2. More calm spirit and relieved of stress

Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

So I ask BHM--does anyone else notice these great benefits from spending a few days at the beach?

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:37pm
My fav beach to go to has a lot of animal life
So amazing to take in the glory of nature

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=4Om6DgIPeBYh_M&tbnid=mQ-KD12E9kC5xM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcommons.wikimedia.org%2Fwiki%2FFile%3ALa_Jolla_Cove_view.jpg&ei=pfvzU8fzC6mwigKLkYCoBw&bvm=bv.73373277,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNEpFA_YQS8GV7ve3yI9Cd1n9ue5fg&ust=1408584990508997" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:40pm
I love the beach. The sea air does me good.

I'm there about every other week. 

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:43pm
I recharge at the beach. My skin glows and the sea water and air invigorates me. That sand exfoliates my feet in a wonderful way.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:45pm
can you guys recommend spfs? 

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:48pm
Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration SPF 50

You might want something stronger but this one smells great, gives a great glow and I immediately stop burning once I apply it

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=TT0f9Z-KjOZApM&tbnid=j29g8DnxJGjzBM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2Fip%2FHawaiian-Tropic-Silk-Hydration-Sunscreen-SPF-50-6-oz%2F20713651&ei=S_7zU5KnGNa5ogSY44HwDw&bvm=bv.73373277,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNFKUZ9HwgP6zylubihghqb4JBuYlg&ust=1408585664147173" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:51pm
I like neutrogena ultra sheer 50

My sis used to like one that dr Jan Adams had out for WoColor that had a tint to it. This was before Kanye's mom's surgery and death. I doubt he markets products anymore.

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:55pm
I also love running on the beach. Early morning run (or walk) is the best way to start the day. I will be so happy when I can wake up every morning at the beach LOL

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:59pm
I put a sun screen on the boys and hubby since they are lighter then I...I don't bother with the stuff however.  SPF 30 for them.

The breezes, the interesting wildlife and tropical plants made it just heavenly....aaaaaaahhhh!

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:59pm
what is a sun allergy?

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Hey Tbaby ^^^ Do you recall my Beach Lice topic ?
Lucky lady . Your post are missed .

Aint nobody worried about beach lice!  Yeah I kinda remember something about some wierd infestation someone in your family had.  Miss me with thatLOL

Oh and I saw a release of the endangered Ridley Kemp baby turtles released at dawn and crawl their way to the surf, starting a new lifeCry

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:17pm
Beach lice????? Stern Smile

Da FCK!?! What kind of demonic creation is that!?!???

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:19pm
I am the one that caught Beach lice and can't go out in the sun for long periods . I hope you miss that lol .

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Beach lice????? Stern Smile

Da FCK!?! What kind of demonic creation is that!?!???

I can't .

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:23pm
I'm going soon!

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:24pm
The beach was the best part of my vacation. Sooo relaxing.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:32pm
Salt water does wonders for my skin. Every time I go on vacation, it always comes out so soft and even. It fuccs up my hair if I'm not careful though

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:59pm
I wish I felt confident enough to go to the beach. Lots of beaches in SoCal. I went to Huntington Beach recently and people walk around practically butt naked. Beach was so crowded.

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:01pm
^Why don't you just wear some jean shorts and a tank?

I do that sometimes
Ain't no one really caring about you anyways (that's what I tel myself)

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:02pm
^^^

That is overdressed for that beach lol

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:06pm
MS INDIA, tell us what happened!!

I dont like oceans anymore. I've grown scared of what might be in there

OT, but lakes are disgusting. I cant. Plus I saw this girl who had a brain eating bacteria from a lake.. it naturally grows in lakes

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:12pm
Oh ok I looked it up

Quote The 'sea lice' that causes the 'itchy bites' are actually tiny little jellyfish or stinger larvae that have the same stinging cells (nematocysts) as an adult jellyfish/stingers, but because they're only small they only affect a small area.

It says it happens often in places where your bathing suit lines are... like your vag and butt lol

Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:13pm
sea lice... in your vag and butt!?!!??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=I_K76kvc-84pCM&tbnid=Dz6k5VljLh_dpM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwfmu.org%2Fplaylists%2Fshows%2F38900&ei=TRL0U6OFCbGvigLSnIH4DQ&bvm=bv.73373277,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNE1ri3_TrLIhtqKzD8BcVLQLE2d4Q&ust=1408590793042254" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

So I recently came back last week from a beach vacationSmile!  I thought my hair would be dried out from daily sea water drenching.  At nite I'd co-wash w/ Suave conditioner, and the last evening before we left I shampooed w/ shea moisture, and left a slight amount of conditioner in before twisting.

My skin is soooo soft from the sand exfoliation, and my hair was tangle-free, shiny, and made a fantastic twist out that I strutted around with at work for the past 2 days, lol!  It feels wonderful.

And why weren't more of yall down there either?  Black folks were scarce at the beaches I went to at the gulf coast....Ouch

My hurr! lol this year was the first time I let it be free at the beach and it felt and looked fantastic at the end of the day. I also spent a long time peeling/flaking after the fact though. 1st time that has happened.Angry

I think transportation and cultural stigmas (the sun gets you darker) keep a lot of non-whites out of the sun/beach.

Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

MS INDIA, tell us what happened!!

I dont like oceans anymore. I've grown scared of what might be in there

OT, but lakes are disgusting. I cant. Plus I saw this girl who had a brain eating bacteria from a lake.. it naturally grows in lakes
I made a topic last year .

Serious beach warning Rash . - Black Hair Media Forum ...

forum.blackhairmedia.com › Lets Talk › Talk, Talk, and More Talk

Aug 29, 2013

Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

what is a sun allergy?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sun-allergy/basics/definition/con-20035077" rel="nofollow - http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sun-allergy/basics/definition/con-20035077

I was told this back in 2011 but I'm hardheaded. I'll take a pic and post it of my hives if I can remember.

It's started as little raised rashes then hives. It's starting to scab now. Normally takes about 2-3 weeks for mine to subside. Same thing happened at my last 5k event.

As much as I enjoy the beach the after is enough to keep me in the room til the sun goes down next time I vacay.   

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:17pm
@ Alias: That gif

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:26pm
Went to the beach a month ago.... I hate the beach now. I had to wash my hair three times to get the sand out

Posted By: sbrooke
Date Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 4:18am
I went to the beach in DR and literally was in the ocean 94% of the time with my natural hair in just a pony. I thought my hair was going to be dried out too, I made sure to co-wash after every swim. My hair was always so soft, I was surprised too.

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:52am
Not surprised. My hair is sooooo soft whenever I'm at the beach and my skin glows.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 2:36pm
I loooove going to the beach. Not only relaxes me, but it calms my mind, plus I get an awesome tan that makes me look beautiful.

Print Page | Close Window