Print Page | Close Window

Queen Latifah and girlfriend on holiday

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=374029
Printed Date: Dec 10 2018 at 3:55pm

Topic: Queen Latifah and girlfriend on holiday
Posted By: JamCaygirl
Subject: Queen Latifah and girlfriend on holiday
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:18am

From Italy, with love: Queen Latifah steps out in colourful yellow swimsuit as she shares smooch with girlfriend during romantic holiday

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Bella+Brennan+for+MailOnline" rel="nofollow - Bella Brennan for MailOnline

Love was in the air for Queen Latifah and her reported girlfriend during their romantic Italian escape.

The happy duo stole sweet smooches as they relaxed at the hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia on Sunday.

Queen Latifah looked stylish in a colourful yellow patterned halter-neck swimsuit, which she later teamed with khaki shorts.

Scroll down for video 

Holiday happiness: Queen Latifah enjoyed a romantic break with her girlfriend boni Nichols at the hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia on Sunday.
+17

Holiday happiness: Queen Latifah enjoyed a romantic break with her reported girlfriend at the hotel Cala di Volpe in Sardinia on Sunday

Kiss me quick! The affectionate couple shared smooches as they kicked back on loungers
+17

Kiss me quick! The affectionate couple shared smooches as they kicked back on loungers

The 44-year-old fully embraced the beach holiday style and sported braids in her hair. She accessorised her look with hoop earrings, a gold chain and sunglasses. 

More...

• http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2728482/Amber-Rose-FINALLY-shares-pictures-wedding-Wiz-Khalifa-one-year-anniversary-nuptials.html" rel="nofollow - (Not) just married! Amber Rose FINALLY shares pictures of wedding to Wiz Khalifa on one year anniversary of nuptials
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2728608/Heidi-Klum-s-children-overjoyed-spot-supermodel-mother-outdoor-advertisement-Project-Runway.html" rel="nofollow - That's our mum! Heidi Klum's children are overjoyed when they spot their supermodel mother in an outdoor advertisement for Project Runway
  • http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2728726/Kate-Upton-snubs-bikini-wet-T-shirt-takes-ice-bucket-challenge.html" rel="nofollow - That's not so n-ice: Kate Upton snubs the bikini for a wet T-shirt as she takes part in the ice bucket challenge

Perhaps giving her own namesake a nod, the singer kicked back with the novel The Queen Of Harlem, by Brian Keith Jackson.

While her girlfriend, believed to be dancer Eboni Nichols, kept things stylish in a floral jumpsuit and brown fedora.

Beach babe: The talented star later added khaki shorts to her ensemble 
+17
Pop of colour: Queen Latifah opted for a colourful yellow swimsuit
+17

Beach babe: The talented star later added khaki shorts to her ensemble 

Book worm: The 44-year-old enjoyed a spot of reading with the novel The Queen Of Harlem, by Brian Keith Jackson
+17

Book worm: The 44-year-old enjoyed a spot of reading with the novel The Queen Of Harlem, by Brian Keith Jackson

Pucker up: The pair planted several kisses on each other 
+17

Pucker up: The pair planted several kisses on each other 

Just the two of us: The Chicago star kept a protective arm over her girlfriend 
+17

Just the two of us: The Chicago star kept a protective arm over her girlfriend 

Between dips in the refreshing ocean, the ladies sipped on cocktails and happily chatted.

Later on in the evening the duo stepped out for a bite to eat. 'Get some rest and have a great week Twitter fam! Xoxo,' the star tweeted that night. 

The Golden Globe winner looked stylish in a black T-shirt, white trousers, a gold necklace and hoop earrings.

Eboni glammed things up in a snake-print black dress and silver hoop earrings.

Eboni is a professional dancer who reportedly first met Queen Latifah in 2009, after choreographing a dance routine for the star's cameo appearance on Dancing With the Stars.

Meanwhile Queen Latifah, whose real name is Dana Elaine Owens, continues to work hard on her self-syndicated talk show, aptly titled The Queen Latifah Show and is also working as the executive producer on the TV movie Bessie and TV series The Star Next Door.

Replies:
Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:30am
I love her gfs hair in the black dress

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:34am
One word...Chloe! LOL

Posted By: Cocoa
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:41am
Is this a new chick?

Anyway,  I <3 the Queen, so Yay or her!

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:45am
yikes @ queen latifah

her gf is cute though

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:47am
Love her hairstyle. Glad she's happy!

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:21am
very happy for her. 

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:39am
She looks so happy!!!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:41am
She's such a g..

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:49am
She looked happier with Jeanette.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:52am
They look nice in those last two pics

Wonder if she'll ever get married

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:52am
Queen Latifah body needs some toning up
I didnt know she has a new girlfriend.

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

She looked happier with Jeanette.

Is Jeanette the one who was her personal trainer?  I was sideyeing her if so..cus Queen didn't look the least bit toned.   I've always liked how down to earth she is though, especially in films.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 12:32pm
Queen''s glam team gives her a helluva transformation when she has to be on her glam routine. 

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 12:32pm
Queen wanted to get them draws not get in shape...that's why they broke up

Jeanette said she was tired of seeing queen being unhealthy (smoking and being a fatty pants lol)

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:07pm
My girl . oh no !!

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:10pm
i thought that looked like a different girl from last time...

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:20pm
That Goyard bag is nice.  'Tis all.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:21pm
Interesting bathing suit choice

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

Queen''s glam team gives her a helluva transformation when she has to be on her glam routine. 

You ain't never lie.  I'm not trying to be funny but she looks so nice on her show and wow....what a difference.  Makeup/weave and shapewear/clothes does wonders!!!

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

Interesting bathing suit choice

^Sure is, and I'll leave it at that

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:05pm
Dunno how those shorts took me from liking the swimsuit in the first pic to hating it.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:23pm
Heart 

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Jeanette said she was tired of seeing queen being unhealthy (smoking and being a fatty pants lol)

LOL  Tell me you're joking.. Queen isn't proportionate, but that's none of my business..  I don't think she looks bad sans makeup. 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:54pm
Wishing her fans well: Get some rest and have a great week Twitter fam! Xoxo, the star tweeted on Sunday
yuck!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Qualified
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 5:57pm
That damn pic is giving me King Lateef vibes circa set if off Cleo days. Glad shes sliding out the closet though!

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:06pm
Beach style:&amp;nbsp;Eboni opted for a floral jumpsuit and a colourful headscarf&amp;nbsp;

Her gfs toes need Jesus. YIKES!

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

Beach style:&amp;amp;nbsp;Eboni opted for a floral jumpsuit and a colourful headscarf&amp;amp;nbsp;

Her gfs toes need Jesus. YIKES!

really? out of all those pics you scrolled through, you noticed her gf's toes? ok.

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 6:28pm
I noticed a lot of things and yes through scrolling, I noticed the toes. Problem?

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:09pm
she is a dancer/choreographer, so that is probl why her feet are extra jacked.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:12pm
i love latifah. i will never forget all of the things that she used to do to give back generously to us chillun in the community even when she had her 1st hit song and wasnt yet a super star. i want to mention her bad figure, but im to loyal to the queen latifah to dare say that.

im happy that she is happy. she and her lady make a lovely couple.

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:54am
I'm on team Queen.....Hail to the Queen!  Wink

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:21am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Jeanette met her that way so she set herself up for the relationship L expecting Queen to change.LOL

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

I noticed a lot of things and yes through scrolling, I noticed the toes. Problem?

Lol @ problem. Just found it funny that's what you noticed.

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: May 16 2015 at 6:33pm

Bessie premiers tonight, anyone watching?

In HBO's 'Bessie,' Queen Latifah Stars As Empress Of The Blues

Queen Latifah plays blues singer Bessie Smith in the HBO movie Bessie.
Queen Latifah plays blues singer Bessie Smith in the HBO movie Bessie.

Frank Masi/Courtesy of HBO
A Mississippi car accident in 1937 cut short the life of Bessie Smith.

She was just 43 years old. But she'd already established her legacy as "Empress of the Blues" — a pioneering American performer who demanded respect and equal pay in a world dominated by men and controlled by whites.

She'd also achieved a degree of infamy for her boozing, her brawling and her sexual appetites.

Queen Latifah — who plays the title role in the HBO movie Bessie, which premieres tonight — has been working for more than 20 years to bring Bessie Smith's life to the screen and finally pulled it together with writer-director Dee Rees. NPR's Arun Rath spoke with both of them. You can hear the edited interview and some of Bessie Smith's and Queen Latifah's vocals at the audio link above. Read the full conversation below.

Arun Rath: Queen Latifah, you're a singer — can you talk to us about why Bessie Smith was so important? Not just to blues or jazz or African-American music, but to singing?

Queen Latifah: As a singer, listening to her... well, number one, I wish she was recorded with modern equipment because I think her vocals are so powerful. When you listen to the small inflections, her vibratos, the way she said certain words, like even if it's just saying "here" — or "heeyah" — I mean, I'm still working on how to say it the way she said it, but she had this crazy vibrato that was so different than anyone I had ever heard.

And then the way she would just get really grindy, like "grrrr." That's the only way you could kind of write it — she says it with a "grrrr." But you can also hear how she jumps between different tempos and rhythms, and that's something I enjoy doing personally with my band members, when we jump from hip-hop to jazz to gospel. That's what Bessie could do — she had the capability to jump into any pocket. If she heard, then she could do it, and everybody else had to catch up and follow.

Arun Rath: Is it true that you've been considering playing Bessie Smith for over 20 years?

Queen Latifah: Yeah, this project came pretty early in my career as an actress. I was basically Queen Latifah, the hip-hop head, Queen Latifah, the rapper-turned-actress. It would have been kind of a life-changing, career-defining moment in my acting career at that time. It would have challenged me to do everything I've had to do [up until] now, but I would have had half the life experience that I could have brought to this project.

So, it's just funny how life works. I'm so thankful that this happened at this time with this woman I'm sitting across from [gestures to director Dee Rees], who had a vision that was something I could apply myself to and sink myself into at this time with this life experience.

Director Dee Rees (left) with Queen Latifah on the set of Bessie.
Director Dee Rees (left) with Queen Latifah on the set of Bessie.

Frank Masi/Courtesy of HBO

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: May 16 2015 at 6:45pm
no

Print Page | Close Window