Print Page | Close Window

Hella Tacky or no biggie?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=373984
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 6:46pm

Topic: Hella Tacky or no biggie?
Posted By: NJHairLuv
Subject: Hella Tacky or no biggie?
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:18pm
I just saw this on FB. I dont know the person, but it showed up on my newsfeed b/c someone know clicked on it (See image below).

Hella Tacky or no biggie?
If someone sent me an invitation for an event on a Thursday or any other weeknight (the cheapest days to rent a venue), from 8:30pm-12am (when my ass should be home relaxing, fixing food, doing housework &  prepping for the next workday) and they dont have no mention of free food or free drank(s) and they require me to pay a minimum of $50 and the location is top secret like they are Bey & Jay on the run, I would decline that invitation so dam fast....

What is your take on this? Let's discussSmile

Replies:
Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:24pm
I don't like price requirements on gifts...It irks me

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:24pm
Samone's persona of sophistaratchet comes to mind...

Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

And is that a $50 monetary gift request? Cause that's prob just to pay for the party. LOL

Exactly!!! $50 per head to cover the cost of the venue (on a thursday night, a cheap rate, not a pricey wknd rate) and to 'come up' lovely on cash as the birthday girl.

Hell, just have a dressy party at the house and skip paying a venue. This woman is doing the most. I mean damm, a MANDATORY minimum of $50 has me blown away, but i guess that people try it and they know that their circle of friends and family will let them get away with it. Confused

Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

My boo Samone would never do that. She would frown upon a person that would send out an invitation like that.

I clicked on the person's FB page and it seems that she has a 'good job' according to the info section of her fb page, so the term sophistaratchet does seem appropriateLOL

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:35pm
Tacky!!

Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:37pm
like...why is the location so secret? Is it b/c that shyt aint gon' be booked til the 20+ tickets are sold so a venue isnt actually locked down for that date yet? What is really going on here?

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:39pm
My Dear Sweet Friend,

Congratulations on reaching a milestone, turning 40 years old.  You should be old enough to know you should do better than this when inviting those of us to care to notice to this tacky mess.

I respectfully decline your invitation to attend this bullsh*t.

Have a wonderful celebration with your 5 guests dumb enough to come up with the $250 venue cost.

Cheers!

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

like...why is the location so secret? Is it b/c that shyt aint gon' be booked til the 20+ tickets are sold so a venue isnt actually locked down for that date yet? What is really going on here?

LOL Yes because if only two people respond the location will suddenly be Chuck E. Cheese.  Surprise!

Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:46pm
Yesss KFOXX1998 YESSSS TO BOTH POSTS!!!ClapClapClap

Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

LOL Yes because if only two people respond the location will suddenly be Chuck E. Cheese.  Surprise!

No bullshyt, you hit the nail on the head. Really, you were soo on point - I left an important part out - The actual FB post was her saying that the event is cancelled b/c she just got approved to attend an important conference thru her job...O'rly? An important conference or not enough people rsvp'd for you to cover the rental fee at the local juke joint???LOL

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 11:51pm
You need to be, at the very least, a D list celebrity to even attempt pull this off.

I wouldn't do it unless I was VERY close to the person and knew some behind the scenes info, and that it was gonna be a nice event. AND it was for charity.

Nah I'm reaching. I wouldn't do it. LOL tacky is indeed the word. Not at 40. Nay.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:11am
I find the required $50 tacky but not the invitation itself. I didn't know ppl charged ppl to attend their bday party.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:14am
I would go. I spend way more than 50 on friends so friends is a discount

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:39am
Originally posted by Miss B Miss B wrote:

You need to be, at the very least, a D list celebrity to even attempt pull this off.

I wouldn't do it unless I was VERY close to the person and knew some behind the scenes info, and that it was gonna be a nice event. AND it was for charity.

Nah I'm reaching. I wouldn't do it. LOL tacky is indeed the word. Not at 40. Nay.

The boldedClapClapClap
Im like dam - Is part of this money going to fly yo' 40 yr azz to ferguson to march for justice and to represent Mr. Mike Brown's family pro bono?

If im paying $50, i need a hot, fresh buffet with some good azz food.

Im all for giving gifts,  but when you impose a $50 MINIMUM, and have to be out late unnecessarily on a week night with an outfit, high heels and a fake smile when I am tired,  I need to be well fed and actually, there should be a drink sponsor or something involved and i dont even drink.

Posted By: Claudie
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 12:54am
It is the principle about the gift requirement, and the stipulation of the cost.  The secret location is fine.  Most people spend more than $50.00 on a gift.  She is cheating herself, with her tacky 40th birthday gift stipulation LOL

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Claudie Claudie wrote:

It is the principle about the gift requirement, and the stipulation of the cost.  The secret location is fine.  Most people spend more than $50.00 on a gift.  She is cheating herself, with her tacky 40th birthday gift stipulation LOL

ClapClapClap I agree 100%

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 1:14am
last time I just sent them a check for the amount with our regrets.

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 2:00am
Never seen that before but yeah it's tacky

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 4:48am
purp & neeta are some upstanding individuals. send that to me and I am sticking it back into the envelope and writing RETURN TO SENDER with a big black sharpie in my own penmanship.

Last time i dealt with some tacky sophitaratchets, I told someone the following when I bumped into her at the cleaners:

Her: Hi - i need your address, my daughter is getting married and we need to send you an invitation. She wants you to be one of her bridesmaids.

Me: Nah - You dont need it. I wont be attending. I attended your other two daughter's weddings last year and they never sent me nor my parents thank you cards, so I am going to skip this one.Smile

*I didnt mention that I had giving the 2 daughters wedding gifts of $200 cash each and my parents gave cash too - I would never cross that line of bringing that up to the momma. But I will let a bish know that after I have formally given my presence at a formal event where a gift is generally expected, I expect a formal azz thank you card.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 10:20am
tacky tacky tacky.  even tho like nita i would spend well over $50 on my gurls bday.  but i don't have tacky boughetto friends so...

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 10:26am
It's tacky to request birthday gifts!

Partying on a Thursday night, i would do.

But asking for gifts?, I would never.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 10:30am
yeah i'd consider a thursday night party (for mysef) if the following friday was an official holiday...Sleepy

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 5:26pm
Op, are you going? Lol.

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 7:47pm
What's the deal with secret location parties? Is it so no one can tip off the papps?

Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 7:56pm
next time we have a party at the house, I'm going to put "Secret Location" on the invitation. LOL

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 8:15pm
Broke ho activities...

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

what?

that sh*t is tacky

BHM always call you sophistaratchet, I was referring to the word not that you would send out an invitation begging

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 11:09pm
Maybe I could throw a party and make people pay on my tuition.Lamp

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 11:58am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol

sosphistratchets don't do mess like this

this is boughetto 

Print Page | Close Window