Print Page | Close Window

18-year old black man killed by police in MO

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=373877
Printed Date: Sep 22 2017 at 9:10am

Topic: 18-year old black man killed by police in MO
Posted By: sexyandfamous
Subject: 18-year old black man killed by police in MO
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:11pm
FERGUSON, MO (KTVI) – A shooting in Ferguson has tensions riding high between residents and police in north St. Louis County.

Saturday afternoon a police involved shooting occurred at the Cansfield Green apartment complex in the 2900 block of Canfield.

Police say an officer from the Ferguson Police Department was involved in shooting at the apartment complex that left a teenager dead.

At the request of the Ferguson Police Department the St. Louis County Crimes Against Person Unit is taking over the investigation of the shooting.

Witnesses to the shooting say the person shot was a 17-year-old teenager who was walking in the middle of a street with a friend.

The police officer involved in the shooting has been put on paid administrative leave.

Following the shooting a large crowd of residents from the apartment complex gathered at the crime scene in the middle of the apartment complex. In response to the crowd Ferguson police request additional help for crowd control from St. Louis County Police.

A spokesperson for St. Louis County Police says a perimeter was set-up around the apartment complex after gun fire was heard in the area.

In response to Saturday’s shooting the St. Louis County NAACP has launched an investigation into the events surrounding the death of a man in a police involved shooting in Ferguson. The NAACP has also asked the Federal Bureau of Investigation to intervene in the investigation.

The president of the St. Louis County NAACP Missouri State Representative Ester Haywood released the following statement:

“We are hurt to hear that yet another teenaged boy has been slaughtered by law enforcement especially in light of the recent death of Eric Garner in New York who was killed for selling cigarettes. We plan to do everything within our power to ensure that the Ferguson Police Department as well as the St. Louis County Police Department releases all details pertinent to the shooting. We strongly encourage residents to stay away from the crime scene so that no additional citizens are injured. I have spoken directly with St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar, and I am confident that both he and his department will ensure that the investigation is conducted properly and that all details are kept transparent.”

In another article it says he was 18 and his name was Michael Brown. Most news are focusing on the fact that there was an angry crowd of over 100 "yelling obscenities and shouting 'kill the police'"

Replies:
Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:24pm
Sickening

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:31pm
http://instagram.com/brittany_noble" rel="nofollow - http://instagram.com/brittany_noble

There are some videos on her instagram (not of the shooting), but of the mother and witnesses. 
Apparently they sent in SWAT cause there was a "riot".

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:32pm
saw on instagram cops were on the scene in riot gear and either AK's or M16's smh. 

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:48pm
Shooting an unarmed person 10 times makes no damn sense. This is MURDER!

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 10:55pm
My family called . Ferguson use to be red neck land back in the early 80's . The police would follow me until I went to the media back in the early 80's . I see nothing really change . Too many of our people are killed like dogs .

I pray to God everyday for the violence to stop . We need to stop killing our own . I am watching the news . A want to be rapper shot and pistol whip a man inside a liquor store . People continue to shop and step over the shaking man .

I feel like between the Police killing our people and black on black crime we are in serious trouble . I do my best to help when possible. I take teens fishing after a complete background check . I can't describe how happy some kids are to go fishing for the first time .

I understand many members are in school , married , children or working many hours , but please sign up for Big Brother /Sisters . 5 hours a month can change a teens life for the better . JMO .

Posted By: cvzx
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:00pm
This is horrible, what's being b done to address the police brutality against those they should be protecting

Posted By: TokyoRose
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:00am
Of course the officer was put on PAID administrative leave.  They ALL ARE.

So...BHM, how do we organize again?  Who do we write to to ensure that this child gets justice?

Posted By: nemesis1
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:48am
Angry Angry Angry

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:01am

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:02am
why are there war vehicles on the streets?

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:46am
Because Americans no longer have any rights...

but black folks stayed knowing that.

Posted By: texasmami0117
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Bill Mahr was just talking bout military grade vehicles and weapons being gifted to small town police...like they aint gonna want to play with their toys smdh.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 10:58am
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

So...BHM, how do we organize again?  Who do we write to to ensure that this child gets justice?

exactly, we have twitter, Facebook we can utilize social media start a hashtag call out these police departments, counsel men who do nothing. Hell we need to make a meme something to the effect but it ain't in my backyard with each victims face and the state and city it happened in. Ppl need to start realizing it's happening everywhere. If we start the movement like so many others are trust it will be powerful.
We can do a meme for the blackmen and women falsely arrested and state but that ain't my sister or brother. We need to start reminding the African American, Caribbean and African community we are one. There is strength in numbers.
Strength in our votes
strength in our money
Strength in our knowledge

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 11:09am
Fck marching, hoping and praying

We need to start killing whites

jr.

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 11:12am
They cannot sweep this under the rug. We have to do something. He killed that boy for the hell of it!

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 11:50am
I am watching everything I can.  So, witnesses confirmed he wasn't stealing anything.  Witnesses confirmed he had his hands up.  The cop shot him and he went down, then he proceeded to shot him repeatedly after that.  His body was laying in the street for HOURS.  His mother wasn't allowed to see him.  He was there to visit his grandmother for the summer.  What the HELL is going on???

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by cvzx cvzx wrote:

exactly, we have twitter, Facebook we can utilize social media start a hashtag call out these police departments, counsel men who do nothing. Hell we need to make a meme something to the effect but it ain't in my backyard with each victims face and the state and city it happened in. Ppl need to start realizing it's happening everywhere. If we start the movement like so many others are trust it will be powerful.
We can do a meme for the blackmen and women falsely arrested and state but that ain't my sister or brother. We need to start reminding the African American, Caribbean and African community we are one. There is strength in numbers.
Strength in our votes
strength in our money

I like this. People's consciousness must be raised first and foremost.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Strength in our votes
strength in our money

I like this. People's consciousness must be raised first and foremost.

Exactly, it's got to hit home. We need to make the cause relatable. We need to remind ourselves it's not a he, she and them but it's We, Us and them (them being police that are there to kill, wrongfully arrest)

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:46pm

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:47pm
http://stackinmuchprime.tumblr.com/post/94345455037/postracialcomments-ferguson-police-officers" rel="nofollow - http://stackinmuchprime.tumblr.com/post/94345455037/postracialcomments-ferguson-police-officers

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:49pm
chilling scenes

http://stele3.tumblr.com/post/94347556130/ferguson-police-have-dogs-and-shotguns-the" rel="nofollow - http://stele3.tumblr.com/post/94347556130/ferguson-police-have-dogs-and-shotguns-the

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:50pm
Wow wtf 10 times, unarmed and broad day light

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 12:59pm
anybody up for going to the United Nations HQ in Geneva to charge genocide against the United States?

just put off that trip to Miami for a few months and we can get this done

we got the money, we just spend it on bs

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:00pm
i dont think you guys are part of the geneva convention

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:03pm
fck, man  http://tinypic.com/userfavorite.php?uf=ZnhBvEwvqO512uDS5JlhEA%3D%3D" rel="nofollow">

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:07pm
opted out so that you dont get prosecuted for war crimes and furthermore bush signed a bill within his first year of administration that protects previous us presidents from prosecution for war crimes and allows the use of force without prejudice on any country that attempts to arrest a former pres in their soil

something to that effect i cant recall the exact wording

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:10pm
right. i remember now. it also had something to do with, if you do acknowledge genocide, you're required by law to do something about it and the US ain't doing sh*t if it's not Israel

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:11pm

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

Bill Mahr was just talking bout military grade vehicles and weapons being gifted to small town police...like they aint gonna want to play with their toys smdh.

indeed. I've heard it said that in these small towns...these are trial runs.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:13pm

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:22pm
After Zimmerman was found not guilty everyone feels that it is ok to kill black people because nothing will happen to them. Cops are getting bolder by the minute, in NYC it became a game and now in this sh*tty small town. It is spreading around the country, everyone who has a gun feels it is ok to kill black people, not because they are threatened, but because they think they are doing a favor to society by eliminating another one.

I am really sick of this, this young man was going to start college this Monday, he was just going home.

Posted By: alynxx
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:29pm
I'm so shocked and sickened that this has now become like sport for the police. Will be hear Obama's voice or nah?

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:47pm
^Nah. You will hear lip service from many people though.

smh

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 1:53pm
This will end one of two ways
1) People get truly and irrevocably fed up
2) The Genocide continues as planned and unhindered.

I'm pessimistic and I think it's gonna be no 2

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 2:10pm

powerful and that's what we have to start understanding

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 2:47pm
Remember when the police bombed that block in Philly in the 80s?

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Remember when the police bombed that block in Philly in the 80s?

say what now?

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:12pm

Strength in our votes
strength in our money

Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

jr.
ClapHeart

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:28pm
*sighs*

Do y'all think pleading to the UN would do anything?

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:32pm

jr.

Sorry Bro, but that won't ever happen cause there's too much interracial dating and blurring of the color lines for us to ever unify in masses. It's pretty much down to weeping parents on the news, small CONTROLLED gatherings, and a few angry discussions online.

Posted By: Senior Detective
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:38pm
no, we need to change the laws here, so that if a cop kills or harms anyone. They are arrested on the spot & charged.  And suspended w/o pay pending the investigation.  No need for them to get off just cuz they are officers.   They are still animals committing heinous crimes

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

*sighs*

Do y'all think pleading to the UN would do anything?

Du Bois tried it and got exiled to Ghana before he could do it so it's worth a shot. it's better than the same failed methods we've done in the past. but if it doesn't work, we can scrap it and try something else.

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Senior Detective Senior Detective wrote:

no, we need to change the laws here, so that if a cop kills or harms anyone. They are arrested on the spot & charged.  And suspended w/o pay pending the investigation.  No need for them to get off just cuz they are officers.   They are still animals committing heinous crimes

Accountability

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by StylingArabella StylingArabella wrote:

Sorry Bro, but that won't ever happen cause there's too much interracial dating and blurring of the color lines for us to ever unify in masses. It's pretty much down to weeping parents on the news, small CONTROLLED gatherings, and a few angry discussions online.

we'll just leave the coons,buck dancers and "if we pull our pants" up crew alone. it's best they show themselves away. our numbers are still great without em.

and stop thinking so negatively, sister

jr.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 4:55pm
im just gonna go with jr. on this.  theyre not killing blacks accidentally, it's by design.  white people dont respond to marches and songs, they respond to violence.  you want them to stop killing black men you have to start killing white cops.  for every black person that is murdered by a cop, 7 cops should be killed just to balance the equation.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

im just gonna go with jr. on this.  theyre not killing blacks accidentally, it's by design.  white people dont respond to marches and songs, they respond to violence.  you want them to stop killing black men you have to start killing white cops.  for every black person that is murdered by a cop, 7 cops should be killed just to balance the equation.

we can either go the violence route or practice group economics but really, you need the latter to do the former. the former is hard because if we stand up to white supremacy racism with violence, those of us who aren't killed, will probably assed out because we'd end up losing our jobs because we don't really own any businesses or factors of production

however, if we form an economic base, we can afford both economic and military protection. that's why it's so important to keep our dollars circulating with one another so we can cripple white banks that won't loan us sh*t and stop shopping at white businesses that only want our Black dollars. you take their food out their mouths and maybe (a little maybe), we won't have to kill

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:18pm
So when yall gonna start killing or are yall leaving that up to certain blacks to do....

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:18pm

we can either go the violence route or practice group economics but really, you need the latter to do the former. the former is hard because if we stand up to white supremacy racism with violence, those of us who aren't killed, will probably assed out because we'd end up losing our jobs because we don't really own any businesses or factors of production

however, if we form an economic base, we can afford both economic and military protection. that's why it's so important to keep our dollars circulating with one another so we can cripple white banks that won't loan us sh*t and stop shopping at white businesses that only want our Black dollars. you take their food out their mouths and maybe (a little maybe), we won't have to kill

jr.

I'm in for the latter, much more powerful

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

So when yall gonna start killing or are yall leaving that up to certain blacks to do....

nah, i just offer suggestions.  i personally have no faith in this quasi battle and have been convince that we lost the war a long time ago.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:21pm
This "an eye for an eye" tactic is all good and well, only who will step up and pull the trigger? Even that scum Zimmerman is still walking the earth. And do you not think that it would give them the perfect excuse to wipe black people out more expeditiously? Didn't the Black Panthers try this already, with the results that we all know?

People must work to change the laws, put pressure on the prosecutors to bring these cops to justice, vote for demilitarization of the police force, boycott companies in support of cops pensions, go to the UN, make noise and internationally expose the U.S., etc.
All that Django unchained talk is just fantasy.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:22pm

we know what side you've chosen. this convo isn't for you.

jr.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:25pm
Unfortunately our people will remain stagnant until them executive orders kick in and martial law comes in full force.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:25pm
https://31.media.tumblr.com/cbd769fc5eaad8d2152013e79106f14f/tumblr_n2uk0lnZ0c1qhv4h7o1_400.gif

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:26pm
it's time we be real, family. this isn't the time for games.

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:27pm
I'm not down for violence more innocent people dying produces nothing but pain, strive, resent, confusion ect. Doing it via what Jr suggested gives the opportunity for other races to join in peaceful by supporting the businesses we support. We need to rebuild our black Wallstreet, if they won't provide us business loans we need to support our own. Again we need the black community to recognize we are a community. Can someone make those meme so we can start the first phase.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:27pm

jr.
whoa chill bruh

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:29pm
IA JP

It's fun to fantasize that getting rid of the 'white' problem would be as easy as killing them off but it's not realistic or smart

Changing America from within using it's own logic and laws against it is a slow, tideous and long process. It takes patience and brain power and it's not for all of us but it's probably the only way. Unless someone drops an atomic bomb on White America (which too would wipe us out), there's not going to be an easy way around racism

This "an eye for an eye" tactic is all good and well, only who will step up and pull the trigger? Even that scum Zimmerman is still walking the earth. And do you not think that it would give them the perfect excuse to wipe black people out more expeditiously? Didn't the Black Panthers try this already, with the results that we all know?

People must work to change the laws, put pressure on the prosecutors to bring these cops to justice, vote for demilitarization of the police force, boycott companies in support of cops pensions, go to the UN, make noise and internationally expose the U.S., etc.
All that Django unchained talk is just fantasy.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:31pm
this is the argument i have with my so every damn day. im on the black business black power side and he wants to knock every cops head back. Decisions decisions.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:34pm

jr.

That was an expected response lol. You still havent answered the questions If you going to say it then be about. Otherwise there nothing but lost words.

There's nothing stopping for putting that plan in motion.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:35pm

I'm not down for violence more innocent people dying produces nothing but pain, strive, resent, confusion ect. Doing it via what Jr suggested gives the opportunity for other races to join in peaceful by supporting the businesses we support. We need to rebuild our black Wallstreet, if they won't provide us business loans we need to support our own. Again we need the black community to recognize we are a community. Can someone make those meme so we can start the first phase.

This. A lot of y'all are young, in college and internet savvy. Start somewhere. Organize a campaign. Make a web site that will keep up with every single case of police brutality cross-country. With legal tips for the users researched by maybe law students? Take this fight to international bodies. Basically stop talking and start doing. It's up to the younger generation to pick up the battle. Or die.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:48pm
Please let me know if you live in ST. Louis . My entire family and church home will meet Monday at the police station to rally . I can't get a flight out in time . The police release a live video . I can't upload with windows . Highlights below . WTH !!

FERGUSON, Mo. — At a news conference Sunday, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the fatal shooting of a black teenager came after an altercation that involved two people and a police officer.

On Saturday, 18-year-old Michael Brown was killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., a suburb of St. Louis. The shooting occurred around noon Saturday at the Canfield Green Apartment complex.

Belmar said the incident started when Brown physically assaulted the police officer, pushing him into the officer's vehicle. He said there was a struggle inside the car, and at some point Brown reached for the officer's weapon. One shot was fired inside the vehicle.

USATODAY

Anger follows police shooting in St. Louis suburb

Brown suffered fatal gunshot wounds outside of the vehicle, approximately 35 feet from the car. Belmar said multiple shell casings were found at the scene, and that Brown was shot more than once, but an exact number of shots fired has not yet been determined. All the shell casings came from the officer's weapon.

Belmar confirmed Brown was unarmed at the time of the shooting. He did not say what led to the struggle inside the officer's car.

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said police are in contact with the second person who was involved in the altercation, but that the person has not been arrested or charged and is expected to be interviewed later Sunday. Authorities aren't sure if the second person was unarmed, Jackson said.

The medical examiner is conducting an investigation to determine how many times Brown was shot. It will take several weeks before toxicology results are available.

AP APTOPIX Police Shooting-Missouri
Protesters confront police during an impromptu rally on Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014, following the shooting of Michael Brown, 18, by police in Ferguson, Mo.(Photo: Sid Hastings, AP)

They told me how many times my son was shot. Eight.

Lesley McSpadden, Michael Brown's mother
After the shooting, Belmar said Jackson called him and asked the county to take over the investigation.

Belmar said when the investigation is complete the findings will be turned over to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. They will determine whether charges should be filed.

On Saturday afternoon the St. Louis County NAACP called for the FBI to investigate the shooting "to protect the integrity of the investigation." Belmar said the FBI could become involved later, and that it's not unusual for the FBI to become involved in cases like this.

John Gaskin, with the St. Louis County NAACP, alluded to the 2012 racially-charged shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a Florida neighborhood watch organizer who was subsequently acquitted of murder charges, as well as the death of a New York man from a police chokehold after he was confronted for selling individual cigarettes on the street.

<!--iframe-->

"With the recent events of a young man killed by the police in New York City and with Trayvon Martin and with all the other African-American young men that have been killed by police officers … this is a dire concern to the NAACP, especially our local organization," Gaskin said.

"My son just turned 18 and graduated from high school, and he don't bother nobody," Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, said Saturday night. She said he was looking forward to starting school at Vatterott College next week.

"They told me how many times my son was shot. Eight," said McSpadden. She said he was visiting his grandmother, who lives in the complex, and was returning from the store.

Fifteen police agencies responded to the scene Saturday afternoon as members of the community started gathering.

The officer who shot Brown has been with the Ferguson Police Department for about six years and Belmar wasn't aware of other issues involving the officer. He is on paid administrative leave. The officer was interviewed Saturday, and will be interviewed more extensively Sunday. Jackson told Belmar the officer will undergo two psychological evaluations if it is determined he can return to active duty.

Posted By: mrshairdo
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 5:54pm

jr.

chileeeee

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

Please let me know if you live in ST. Louis . My entire family and church home will meet Monday at the police station to rally . I can't get a flight out in time . The police release a live video . I can't upload with windows . Highlights below . WTH !!

FERGUSON, Mo. — At a news conference Sunday, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said the fatal shooting of a black teenager came after an altercation that involved two people and a police officer.

On Saturday, 18-year-old Michael Brown was killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., a suburb of St. Louis. The shooting occurred around noon Saturday at the Canfield Green Apartment complex.

Belmar said the incident started when Brown physically assaulted the police officer, pushing him into the officer's vehicle. He said there was a struggle inside the car, and at some point Brown reached for the officer's weapon. One shot was fired inside the vehicle.

USATODAY

Anger follows police shooting in St. Louis suburb

Brown suffered fatal gunshot wounds outside of the vehicle, approximately 35 feet from the car. Belmar said multiple shell casings were found at the scene, and that Brown was shot more than once, but an exact number of shots fired has not yet been determined. All the shell casings came from the officer's weapon.

Belmar confirmed Brown was unarmed at the time of the shooting. He did not say what led to the struggle inside the officer's car.

Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said police are in contact with the second person who was involved in the altercation, but that the person has not been arrested or charged and is expected to be interviewed later Sunday. Authorities aren't sure if the second person was unarmed, Jackson said.

The medical examiner is conducting an investigation to determine how many times Brown was shot. It will take several weeks before toxicology results are available.

AP APTOPIX Police Shooting-Missouri
Protesters confront police during an impromptu rally on Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014, following the shooting of Michael Brown, 18, by police in Ferguson, Mo.(Photo: Sid Hastings, AP)

They told me how many times my son was shot. Eight.

Lesley McSpadden, Michael Brown's mother
After the shooting, Belmar said Jackson called him and asked the county to take over the investigation.

Belmar said when the investigation is complete the findings will be turned over to the St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney's Office. They will determine whether charges should be filed.

On Saturday afternoon the St. Louis County NAACP called for the FBI to investigate the shooting "to protect the integrity of the investigation." Belmar said the FBI could become involved later, and that it's not unusual for the FBI to become involved in cases like this.

John Gaskin, with the St. Louis County NAACP, alluded to the 2012 racially-charged shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a Florida neighborhood watch organizer who was subsequently acquitted of murder charges, as well as the death of a New York man from a police chokehold after he was confronted for selling individual cigarettes on the street.

<!--iframe-->

"With the recent events of a young man killed by the police in New York City and with Trayvon Martin and with all the other African-American young men that have been killed by police officers … this is a dire concern to the NAACP, especially our local organization," Gaskin said.

"My son just turned 18 and graduated from high school, and he don't bother nobody," Brown's mother, Lesley McSpadden, said Saturday night. She said he was looking forward to starting school at Vatterott College next week.

"They told me how many times my son was shot. Eight," said McSpadden. She said he was visiting his grandmother, who lives in the complex, and was returning from the store.

Fifteen police agencies responded to the scene Saturday afternoon as members of the community started gathering.

The officer who shot Brown has been with the Ferguson Police Department for about six years and Belmar wasn't aware of other issues involving the officer. He is on paid administrative leave. The officer was interviewed Saturday, and will be interviewed more extensively Sunday. Jackson told Belmar the officer will undergo two psychological evaluations if it is determined he can return to active duty.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:24pm
I'm so disgusted.

Tbr no revolution has happened without gruesome measures.
I ain't no killer and Jr ain't either but there are those among us who have no problem doing so .
So yeah whatever

I do not with yt ppl unless I absolutely have to and so and very soon that's ending.

Its crazy after everything we've been through we can still be civil with their asses hell care for their kids, them,defend them, marry them ....
Fine there are one or two of them that are decent people but damn of imma search for the needle in the haystack.

Fuk them.

Sorry MLK peace and understanding won't cut it we need to disconnect from their asses.

I'm extra heated right now bc my little sis called me telling me about a racist incident that happened to her earlier.

By and large them motherfukers are soulless ain't no sense in trying to reason with their walking dead asses

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:32pm
I had been talking to my HOR member and senator hopeful back home about all the things we need to be doing and I felt so encouraged.

Then the next meeting he's tap dancing for yt folk who are his constituents too but it just makes me sick that he felt it was necessary to get elected and do the things we are steady talking about.

How in the world do those mfers still have so much power.
Like I do not get it

Even though Black ppl are the majority in that county he is on a special election with another black attorney and a white guy so those yt votes are going to decide who wins.

I'm rambling and I'm annoyed and I'm stressed as hell.

I need a break for all the racist bull

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:46pm
I need info on why white cops patrol black neighborhoods . I know for a fact blacks are on the Force in Ferguson . That big old racist cop knew better . All hell would break out if you release dogs on people in 2014 .

I am so upset once again . We should organize a BHM protest with action in each active members state . I would like to send the family help and cards from BHM . I went to Church in tears .
Pastor cried and set up a protest next week . I need to sign off for a bit .

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 6:56pm
Now isn't the time for fighting among ourselves...Take that frustration out on the people who deserve it. 

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:08pm
i agree bb. 

those of us who claim to be bout that life need to start leading by example and that starts with respecting one another. there is no trust without respect. there is no unity without trust. 

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:13pm
So we're publicly advocating murder like that wouldn't be incriminating in a court of law? They already don't need a reason to kill us and you want to give them one? Got it.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:15pm

This will end one of two ways
1) People get truly and irrevocably fed up
2) The Genocide continues as planned and unhindered.

I'm pessimistic and I think it's gonna be no 2

Well of course it's going to be #2. People will continue on with their angry key strokes until it literally personally affects them.

I don't blame them. I literally don't know what to do. If someone could point me in the direction of a platform to protest I'd be there. But until then...angry key strokes.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:20pm
stop sounding so defeated and grab 2 of your homegirls and start a business. build an economic base.

of course we're not going to be on one accord at first. it starts with small groups making moves which then turns into something larger.

not even Garvey's, X's or King's movement had the support of the majority. in fact, the majority didn't wanna do sh*t. our grandparents lied to us with that one, them folks were at home saying "why they tryna make it harder for us". 

the movements just had enough and it was good enough. start small. it's something. it's everything.

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:21pm

I don't understand. For the 7 cops you murder, expect 100 more black women, men, and children to be slaughtered.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

I don't understand. For the 7 cops you murder, expect 100 more black women, men, and children to be slaughtered.

that can't happen. the globe wouldn't let it. Russia in particular. Italy tried that against Ethiopia in the 30s and got handled when Russia gave the Habeshas' weapons.

think globally and stop being so myopic

jr.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:24pm
this is like the only sexy side ive seen of you jr… 

i like 

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:29pm
i kno coco, jr up in hur preach i said gattdamn

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:29pm
Honestly I feel defeated.
Wish I could go back home and ignore their existence.

I def don't just angry type but the large scale projects I have in mind are a couple years away.
Even the ppl who have big pockets and a legit platform seem shook by white power.

Of course voicing our economic power is a key factor but right now I think the pleasentries need to go.

And yeah we don't have to hold hands and be the picture of harmony here.
It has never ever been like that.
We are talking amongst ourselves.

All that matters is we hold each other up out there.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Honestly I feel defeated.
Wish I could go back home and ignore their existence.

I def don't just angry type but the large scale projects I have in mind are a couple years away.
Even the ppl who have big pockets and a legit platform seem shook by white power.

Of course voicing our economic power is a key factor but right now I think the pleasentries need to go.

And yeah we don't have to hold hands and be the picture of harmony here.
It has never ever been like that.
We are talking amongst ourselves.

All that matters is we hold each other up out there.

Same.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:31pm

that can't happen. the globe wouldn't let it. Russia in particular. Italy tried that against Ethiopia in the 30s and got handled when Russia gave the Habeshas' weapons.

think globally and stop being so myopic

jr.

Oh really? I didn't know Russia was such a huge advocate for black rights. My goodness. My near sightedness must have missed all of the marches and protests they must have held in honor of the slain black men, women, and children within the past few years.

We are talking about a country that actively does nothing about the killing of INNOCENT black lives. A country that will put an innocent black man on death row without blinking an eye and offer a weak apology when the evidence shows his innocence.

THEY ALREADY DON'T NEED A REASON TO KILL US. Advocating murder of white men in a white country would result in more black deaths. Nothing would make some of these inbred murderers happier than to have a reason to hold target practice on black lives. Please think logically.

A race war is not what we need. We as a people have ECONOMIC POWER. But mention stopping the support of white owned businesses and watch how many people won't give a fu.ck about Garner, Bell, Martin, or Brown. We're not willing to go that far to save the lives of our people.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:40pm
errghhhhh

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:42pm
I am exasperated and I'm tired of talking about how angry we are. The internet is a very funny place. All of this concentrated outrage. Can we concentrate it into am actual movement? I'm serious. 

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:43pm
If you don't believe there isn't already a genocide taking place then we must not be talking about the same United States of America.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:43pm

Oh really? I didn't know Russia was such a huge advocate for black rights. My goodness. My near sightedness must have missed all of the marches and protests they must have held in honor of the slain black men, women, and children within the past few years.

We are talking about a country that actively does nothing about the killing of INNOCENT black lives. A country that will put an innocent black man on death row without blinking an eye and offer a weak apology when the evidence shows his innocence.

THEY ALREADY DON'T NEED A REASON TO KILL US. Advocating murder of white men in a white country would result in more black deaths. Nothing would make some of these inbred murderers happier than to have a reason to hold target practice on black lives. Please think logically.

A race war is not what we need. We as a people have ECONOMIC POWER. But mention stopping the support of white owned businesses and watch how many people won't give a fu.ck about Garner, Bell, Martin, or Brown. We're not willing to go that far to save the lives of our people.

sorry, i guess i should've emphasis the foreign relations aspect between Russia and the West but you know the history between the two countries and as well as countries a part of the Geneva Convention. http://www.preventgenocide.org/genocide/officialtext.htm" rel="nofollow - you can't commit genocide , which is what the US is doing to us and the mass slaughtering that you think would follow cannot happen because of economic sanctions that the world would place against the US and you know how much the US loves its money.

and the Russia part, Russia would salivate to have a chance to get at the US and that would be a perfect opportunity.

the world knows what this country does to us. no doubt, and the sanctions would roll out.

just remember what ONE Chris Dorner did to the state of California

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:48pm

Dr. Claude Anderson The "Man with the Plan"

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:49pm
I think we can start by writing letters or request a open meeting with the prosecution office . The laws needs to change . How can a brotherhood of racist cops use a internal investigation to decide if the cop was clearly in the wrong? Stop allowing the police to police in house . I hope that makes sense . I have young family members in Ferguson . I will try to obtain more info . My parents march with DR King . My father held me on his shoulders .

I am waiting on a friend at CHANGE.ORG to contact me . I refuse to sit back and wait on the world to wake up . We will remain targets by the police with all the rights and power unless we come together and refuse to allow all of the murders at the hands of racist no good cops .

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:50pm
that was a dope listen, i'm also reading his book "Powernomics"

i recommend that all you guys pick up a copy

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:51pm

I think we can start by writing letters or request a open meeting with the prosecution office . The laws needs to change . How can a brotherhood of racist cops use a internal investigation to decide if the cop was clearly in the wrong? Stop allowing the police to police in house . I hope that makes sense . I have young family members in Ferguson . I will try to obtain more info . My parents march with DR King . My father held me on his shoulders .

I am waiting on a friend at CHANGE.ORG to contact me . I refuse to sit back and wait on the world to wake up . We will remain targets by the police with all the rights and power unless we come together and refuse to allow all of the murders at the hands of racist no good cops .

Ms. India, we've already tried this 3189471248217 times in the past and it hasn't work. it's time for something else.

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:53pm

that was a dope listen, i'm also reading his book "Powernomics"

i recommend that all you guys pick up a copy

jr.

I'm reading Black Labor, White Wealth.
I need to read that next.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:55pm
I will look at that video but I hate that it's dismissive of what that black power fist signifies.
And to be honest without blacks first feeling we have something to be proud of there will be no significant economic movement bc won't get the reason for the shift in the first place.

I'm tired of ppl thinking that these incidents are carried out by one bad white in the bunch when nearly their entire crop is spoiled.

Don't dismiss that fist and what it could mean

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 7:58pm
What happens if Black Americans really do start to become economically empowered?

Do we not believe that White people will sabotage our efforts at all costs?

I honestly believe that the general White society has not change one bit from 100 years ago and if they tried to stunt every last effort from African Americans attempting to create blossoming cities, they can do it again.

How do we prevent that? Do we need to come up with our own police force for our cities? Do we need to build gates around our cities? Lmks

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:01pm
^real talk

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:01pm

Ms. India, we've already tried this 3189471248217 times in the past and it hasn't work. it's time for something else.

jr.
I understand , but if the laws change we will have some type of weapon . Police can't decide the outcome . I am going to think about more ways to make a change JR . Ms India tired . Feel like I am living in the 60's again . Be careful if stop by a cop .

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

What happens if Black Americans really do start to become economically empowered?

Do we not believe that White people will sabotage our efforts at all costs?

I honestly believe that the general White society has not change one bit from 100 years ago and if they tried to stunt every last effort from African Americans attempting to create blossoming cities, they can do it again.

How do we prevent that? Do we need to come up with our own police force for our cities? Do we need to build gates around our cities? Lmks

we'll have to arm ourselves and form military alliances with our brothers and sisters on the Continent, the Islands and where ever else we are as well. we have to include them or this won't work. we'll get bombed again if we don't get them on board.

they're looking to us. we have to be the leaders here.

this isn't going to be easy but white supremacy racism is collectively kicking all our asses so if we don't do this, we'll all be wiped out

jr.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:08pm
Anonymous released a vid.
There's a pic of his body laying in the street in the thumbnail/vid.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:10pm
Every single last one of these cities, destroyed by jealous angry Whites...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosewood_massacre" rel="nofollow - Rosewood
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Wall_Street_%28Durham,_North_Carolina%29" rel="nofollow - Black Wall Street
http://sweetauburn.us/rings/raceriot.htm" rel="nofollow - Sweet Auburn

If we build stable and successful communities, they mustn't be near any poor or working class Whites

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:11pm
co sign all the points Jr has made thus far. props my dude.

a little update, the notorious group 'anonymous' has released a message to the ferguson police department

if anyone lives in st.louis, can you go to the sit ins and protests, record what ya can and bring it back here?

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:12pm
Omg that video....

I really don't have anything else to say
I'm just gonna work on drafting a plan for my people
It never ended

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:24pm
That video Broken Heart

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:25pm
Well I'm sure there is alot of discrimination or should I say racial discrepancy in hiring of minority police officers. We need to target the attempts made equally qualified minorities to police departments in heavily populated minority cities. Then threaten and if needed hit them with discrimination lawsuits. Equal opportunity employment... NAACP needs to get on this since there looking new purpose/identity.

Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 8:31pm
Cops are cops are cops. Hiring more black cops won't change the treatment of black people. They're all literally taught to target black men and women.

Print Page | Close Window