Print Page | Close Window

Lifetime cast Missy and Timbaland

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=373874
Printed Date: Dec 16 2018 at 6:37am

Topic: Lifetime cast Missy and Timbaland
Posted By: keepgrowing
Subject: Lifetime cast Missy and Timbaland
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:06pm

Newcomers Chattrisse Dolabaille and Izaak Smith join star Alexandra Shipp in the TV movie

You can't have a movie about Aaliyah without her musical mentors.

A network representative told  http://www.thewrap.com/" rel="nofollow - TheWrap  that Lifetime's Aaliyah biopic has cast Chattrisse Dolabaille and Izaak Smith as producer-rappers Missy Elliott and Timbaland, respectively.

Dolabaille is a newcomer to Hollywood. She's a Canadian actress, singer and dancer. Watch her video resume below.

See photo:  http://www.thewrap.com/alexandra-shipp-replaces-zendaya-as-aaliyah-in-lifetime-biopic/" rel="nofollow - Alexandra Shipp Replaces Zendaya as Aaliyah in Lifetime Biopic

Izaak Smith, on the other hand, was a contender on “So You Think You Can Dance Canada.” He has appeared in “Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief” and  http://www.thewrap.com/tag/mirror_mirror/" rel="nofollow - “Mirror Mirror”  as a dancer. He also played Cal Rice on popular Canadian series, “Tower Prep,” and Danny on digital series “Totally Amp'd.”

Aaliyah worked with Timbaland and Missy Elliott on her second album, “One In A Million,” which sold 3.7 million copies in the United States and more than eight million copies worldwide.

In addition to Dolabaille and Smith, the production has cast Rachael Crawford and Sterling Jarvis as Aaliyah's parents Diane and Michael Haughton; Lyriq Bent as her uncle and president of her label, Barry Hankerson; Anthony Grant as Damon Dash; and A.J. Saudin and Jesse Sukunda will play the older and younger version of Aaliyah's brother Rashad, respectively.

Also read:  http://www.thewrap.com/zendaya-on-exiting-lifetimes-aaliyah-movie-it-wasnt-all-the-way-there/" rel="nofollow - Zendaya on Exiting Lifetime's Aaliyah Movie: It ‘Wasn't All the Way There’

The working title for the television movie is “Aaliyah: Princess of R&B” and is based on the bestselling book “Aaliyah: More Than a Woman” by former Time music editor Christopher Farley.

The film will be produced by Aaliyah Productions, Inc., with  http://www.thewrap.com/tag/wendy_williams/" rel="nofollow - Wendy Williams , Howard Braunstein (“The Informant!”) and Debra Martin Chase ( http://www.thewrap.com/tag/sparkle/" rel="nofollow - “Sparkle” ) executive producing. Bradley Walsh (“Turn the Beat Around”) is directing, working from a script by Michael Elliot (“Brown Sugar”). It is filming this summer for a fall premiere.

The proposed television movie about the singer, who died in a plane crash in 2001 at age 22, had been mired in controversy with Aaliyah fans and her family expressing disapproval of the project. There was even a fan petition seeking to shut the production down.

Also read:  http://www.thewrap.com/lifetime-aaliyah-movie-family-protests/" rel="nofollow - Aaliyah's Family Speaks Out on Biopic: Lifetime Is the ‘Wrong Forum’

Fans believed that Disney Channel star Zendaya Coleman wasn't the right choice to play Aaliyah. She would later  http://www.thewrap.com/zendaya-exits-lifetime-aaliyah-biopic-amid-controversy/" rel="nofollow - leave the project . Also, Aaliyah's family  http://www.thewrap.com/lifetime-aaliyah-movie-family-protests/" rel="nofollow - expressed to TheWrap  that it was against the movie because they felt it was more suited to the big screen.

http://www.blackfilm.com/read/2014/08/chattrisse-dolabaille-to-play-missy-elliot-in-aaliyah-biopic-for-lifetime-tv/" rel="nofollow - Blackfilm.com  was the first to break these castings.

Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:07pm
Confused

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:09pm
DeadLOL

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:10pm
dude...

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:10pm

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:11pm
I honestly thought this was satire, but Issa Rae posted it on her facebook and I saw several articles confirming that lifetime has picked these two.

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:12pm
can the casting director be pointed to the MLK "Selma" thread and shown how to properly cast a biopic Pinch

....anywho zero fuccs to give about an Aaliyah movie, folks need to let that girl rest in peace

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:12pm
Seems legit ...

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:14pm

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:14pm
that movie gone be a hot ass mess, AI shant even save space on my dvr.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:15pm
I thought that was a joke.

Wendy Williams is really doing this uh. Lol

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:17pm
Anthony Anderson would have been a good timberland

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:23pm
WHAT?

This is stupid now...Lifetime needs to sit their asses down for just that, a fukking lifetime. They are horrible picks

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:24pm
I am like utterly shocked.  The bish looks half Asian.  I am so confused!  This is going to be a comedy.

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:28pm
It is and I cannot wait.

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:48pm
They doing sht on purpose now

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

LOLLOL  Is Wendy trolling us?

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:50pm
Lmao

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:53pm
insert I'm done jerry Seinfeld gif here

I was rooting for this sht too smh

Posted By: Ming
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

LOLLOL  Is Wendy trolling us?

LOL iono them people Confused

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:02pm
LOL....

But let me stop since Wendy and the likes insist the resemblance, complexion, music don't matter. 

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:05pm
this thread.  This is a joke, right?

Stop around, I don't believe this sh*t.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 7:53pm
That's funny... The Casting director needs to be fired.

Posted By: crzyabthair
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:06pm
I can look past the Timbaland one but they dead wrong for casting her as Missy.... Dead azz wrong!!

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:14pm
MrE and I burst out laughing. This is the best laugh I've had all day. 

I tried to have him guess who they would play and he said El DeBarge & Janet JacksonLOLLOL

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:22pm
I wonder what Missy and Timba have to say about this.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:24pm
Wendy just signed on for a check, she aint picked not nary asian light skint to play missy. They casting director blind and its sad she died and all but this did not need to be made .

Aint nothing they can tell about that girl that we dont already know.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:48pm

Well damn, can lifetime do a movie about me? I can't wait for beyonce or Sandra bullock to play me.didnt Aretha Franklin want a biopic done on herself? I think she should ask lifetime, people thought she was playing when she said she wanted Halle berry to play her, lifetime has her back. They have an eye for casting the right people.

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I wonder what Missy and Timba have to say about this.

They are probably happy that they are light skinned

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:09pm
I remember I read somewhere that EJ Johnson was gonna play Missy. I know they were joking but at this point I don't mind if he does play as her lmao

Posted By: LilMissSunshine
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:14pm
I wonder who they will cast for Kellz. That girl ain't overweight at all! Missy was big back in the day.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine wrote:

I wonder who they will cast for Kellz. That girl ain't overweight at all! Missy was big back in the day.

Tom Hanks

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:30pm
LOL

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

MrE and I burst out laughing. This is the best laugh I've had all day. 

I tried to have him guess who they would play and he said El DeBarge & Janet JacksonLOLLOL

I'm still laughing. this is hilarious.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:51pm
"Tom Hanks as The last Ni99a on Earth."

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:53pm
I just burst out laughing when I saw those pics

Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 9:53pm
This should have been in the LOL thread

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:00pm
Saw it on FB & I thought this was satire. Wow.

Posted By: ThatGurlD
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:42pm
They just didn't give a damn.  

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Aug 09 2014 at 11:44pm
Is she gonna wear a fat suit? Need more pics

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 2:58am
I'm sorry but i think Wendy wants everyone in this movie to be light skinned to please her white audience.

Date Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 6:05pm
^^ LOLCry

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 8:46pm
@ One Direction as New Edition

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 9:47pm
LMFAOOOOOOOO

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 11:27pm
Lol

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 9:22am
It airs November 15th at 8 pm clear your schedules for this fuggery

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 9:50am
 Stern Smile

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 10:19am
Wendy knows better. I need her to explain this....I don't even think her show is that white washed bc she covers a good mix of gossip and guests.

Posted By: CallMeLaLa
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 10:45am
What the fawk?? I literally can't. Huge Aaliyah fan, but I'm not going to disrespect her legacy by dignifying this....luah with ratings. They're ignoring everybody- her family and fans- when we express disapproval. So I'm not watching. 

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 11:26am
The

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:32pm
Confused really Lifetime??

too bad Kenan said he's not playing a woman anymore. I could see that more than this

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:36pm
OOoooo LB you tried it

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:38pm
Can't wait

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:46pm
Breaking News: Lifetime just announced the casting for the Michelle Obama biopic. The first lady will be played by.

President Obama.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:50pm
LOL

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 12:56pm
LMAO RT

Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 1:02pm
I'll be tuned in just for the laughs.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 4:54pm
I'm not watching it. They get paid from the advertisers. Don't watch and help put money in their pockets.

Posted By: AffirmativeBunny
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

that rapper Bia could play Aaliyah
She really could! The first time I saw her Aaliyah actually came to mind. She has the whole "pretty tomboy" thing going on.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 7:03pm
I just looked up Bia

She doesn't look like Aaliyah to me but she does look like she could be Paula Patton's kid sis

Print Page | Close Window