Print Page | Close Window

If yall dont start mobilizing...

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=373837
Printed Date: Dec 17 2018 at 11:04am

Topic: If yall dont start mobilizing...
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: If yall dont start mobilizing...
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:41pm

Angry  GODDAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man shot dead by police in Walmart 'after he picked up a toy gun' 

• John Crawford was shot dead by police at Walmart in Beavercreek, Ohio
  • The 22-year-old killed amid reports he was waving a rifle at customers
  • But the father-of-two's relatives now claim that he was holding a toy gun
  • They have contacted civil rights organisations after hitting out at police
  • Police have yet to comment on claims but say officers acted 'appropriately' 

Relatives of John Crawford, pictured, believe he was holding a toy gun when police shot him dead at a Walmart store

Relatives of John Crawford, pictured, believe he was holding a toy gun when police shot him dead at a Walmart store

A man shot dead by police in a U.S. supermarket may have been killed after picking up a toy gun, his relatives have claimed.

John Crawford was gunned down at a Walmart store in Beavercreek amid reports that he was waving a rifle at customers, including children.

But relatives of the 22-year-old have contacted civil rights organisations after claiming he was holding a toy gun in the toy section of the shop when the incident unfolded.

LeeCee Johnson, who has claimed to be the mother of Mr Crawford’s two children, said she was speaking to him on the telephone when police descended on the scene.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local/man-police-shot-in-walmart-killed-over-fake-gun-fa/ngw77/" rel="nofollow - Dayton Daily News report her as saying: ‘We was just talking. He said he was at the video games playing videos and he went over there by the toy section where the toy guns were.

‘And the next thing I know, he said “It’s not real,” and the police start shooting and they said “Get on the ground,” but he was already on the ground because they had shot him.’

‘And I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.’

Beavercreek Police and Ohio Attorney General’s Office have yet to respond to the claims but have insisted officers at the scene acted appropriately.

Mr Crawford’s cousin Lamon Brown says the family has contacted rights group the NAACP as well as National Action Network.

Lamon Brown, Crawford’s cousin, spoke on behalf of the family. The family has contacted the NAACP and National Action Network, he said.

He repeated claims that he believed Mr Crawford was holding a toy when he was shot and that he does not own a rifle-like weapon.

Tasha Thomas who has said she was Mr Crawford’s current girlfriend said he was not armed when he walked into the store and that she was in another aisle when the incident happened.

The drama unfolded on Tuesday night after a witness at the scene told a 911 dispatcher that a man with a rifle was near the pet supplies section and appeared to be loading a firearm.

‘There is a gentleman walking around with a gun in the store. ... He's, like, pointing it at people,’ the witness said.

Scroll down for video 

John Crawford was shopping in Wal-Mart (shown in a file image) in Beavercreek, Ohio when he was shot dead by police

John Crawford was shopping in Wal-Mart (shown in a file image) in Beavercreek, Ohio when he was shot dead by police

According to http://www.abc22now.com/shared/news/top-stories/stories/wkef_vid_21623.shtml" rel="nofollow - abc22 , the two officers involved in the shooting were Sgt. David Darkow and Officer Sean Williams.

Later in the call, sounds like gunshots can be heard, followed by someone screaming for people to leave.

Authorities say a customer also died after suffering a medical problem during the evacuation of the store Tuesday. Police identified her as Angela Williams, 37, of Fairborn.

Wal-Mart spokeswoman Brooke Buchanan said by email Wednesday that the company is working with investigators and is "deeply saddened about the loss of life."

Beavercreek police said initial investigations indicate the officers responded appropriately. State investigators will review the shooting. 

After the shooting, Chief Dennis Evers, Beavercreek police Department, said: 'Officers confronted the subject inside the store area near the pet supplies holding a rifle. The officers gave verbal command to the subject to drop the weapon.

'The subject later identified as John Crawford was shot after failing to comply with the officer's commands.'.

Replies:
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:43pm
I'ma just leave this here and get my ass in the gym, work out my nerves. I'm in freaskin Canada here. PLEASE! DO SOMETHING!

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:49pm
I read the whole article. A lot of things aren't making any sense smh. 

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:51pm
you know, if this was a legit gun the police would have posted photos already of the weapon. That's one of the things they do to cover their ass. 

And wouldn't a toy gun have some packaging on or around it indicating that it's a store item?

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:51pm
how did the po po get there that fast anyway?

didnt read the op

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:59pm
I've been calling them and I wrote a lengthy email to their police office in BeaverCreek.
I will hound them .

This cannot continue I'm sick to my stomach

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 5:59pm
So Walmart definitely has this on film. Where is the film? And where does the person who called 911 live 😐

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:03pm
this guy
Quote James Thrush
told the dispatcher that he was pointing the gun and loading it.  if its on display how would he have pellets to load it.  he's responsible for 2 deaths.

Quote Authorities say a customer also died after suffering a medical problem during the evacuation of the store Tuesday. Police identified her as Angela Williams, 37, of Fairborn.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:03pm
I can't handle any more . I would love to live on a private one family island . Walmart tapes should prove the family case . I really have no respect for cops , except for retired family members.

I notice White men in Walmart testing real Guns like nothing . I purchase my fishing permit at Walmart . I will complain on my next visit .

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:07pm
this is sickening.

so many things aren't making sense. where the surveillance at??

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:15pm
I read about it earlier and just thought - meh another thread where everyone gets upset but nothing is done. After Trayvon MArtin, I thought blacks would fight for real equality, but nothing was done.
This man also did not deserve to die. He shouted it was fake and they just shot him and then said "get on the ground" as if his body wasn't already on the ground.

Tomorrow it will be another black person being roughed up by the police, arrested for nothing, killed for nothing and nothing will change. The black community needs to get together. When the Hispanic immigrants were trying to prove their purchasing power, they had a day that no one purchased nothing here in LA - or the whole country, not sure. Why can't African Americans do something like that or just get together and show their discontent with this police brutality?

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:36pm
Oh...this is gonna turn into another blame black people thread.
I see.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:38pm
I dont understand...my dad has been a cop for over 20 years, has even been shot, and he has never killed anyone

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:42pm
I'm glad the family got a lawyer the tape is crucial. 

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 6:56pm
Sad...shoot first without knowing if the gun was real...he was in toy section with toy guns.

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:17pm
Horrible..smh.  And some of ya'll who are so disappointed with AA's should consider leading.

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:29pm
I'll wait for all the facts. So many things are still left to question.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I see.

Doesn't it always?

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 7:41pm
just read a story that an NYPD officer killed a baby after arguing with its mother over public breast feeding. If someone can make a separate thread (I'm on my phone and got food on the stove) it will be greatly appreciated...

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:49pm

I see.

Two words: reading comprehension. You are lacking it and the 5 people who thanked you.
Black people need to do something, whites won't wake up one day and say "wait a second, that is wrong".
As far as I know, slavery did not end because whites woke up one day and said it was wrong, but if that was what happened, sit back and wait for whites to feel guilty. 

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 8:56pm
http://nationalreport.net/nyc-police-officer-kills-baby-breastfeeding-argument/

Not at computer..Idk if this link is clickable

Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

just read a story that an NYPD officer killed a baby after arguing with its mother over public b<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">reast feeding. If someone can make a separate thread (I'm on my phone and got food on the stove) it will be greatly appreciated...</span>

Posted By: BonitaApplebaum
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

just read a story that an NYPD officer killed a baby after arguing with its mother over public b<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">reast feeding. If someone can make a separate thread (I'm on my phone and got food on the stove) it will be greatly appreciated...</span>

I wish I hadn't read this...

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

I see.

Black people need to do something, whites won't wake up one day and say "wait a second, that is wrong".

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:09pm

just read a story that an NYPD officer killed a baby after arguing with its mother over public breast feeding. If someone can make a separate thread (I'm on my phone and got food on the stove) it will be greatly appreciated...

Whaaaat

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by BonitaApplebaum BonitaApplebaum wrote:

It's weird, I'm trying to copy and paste the article but it's not working. I'm feeling queasy.

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:17pm
I tried to post the story that blaque talked about... it is awful. He claimed breastfeeding in public is indecent exposure - wtf! He saw the baby bleeding and said it was an accident and took her anyways to the police. She wasn't charged with anything but the baby is dead and he is on paid leave!

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:17pm

NYPD Officer Kills Baby Following Breastfeeding Argument

• mailto:?subject=http://nationalreport.net/nyc-police-officer-kills-baby-breastfeeding-argument/" rel="nofollow - Email

http://nationalreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/NYPD_Ford_Police_Interceptor_2013.jpg" rel="nofollow">NYPD_Ford_Police_Interceptor_2013 I

In a continuation of the ongoing police scandals rocking the New York City Police Department, three-month old infant Layla Smith has been pronounced dead following an August sixth incident. This closely follows the July seventeenth death of NYC resident Eric Garner after the use of a prohibited choke hold by officers against him. Garners death was ruled a homicide by the NYC medical examiners office.

Suzanne Smith, Layla’s mother, had been sitting on a bench in Queens waiting for the bus when Layla began to insistently cry. Knowing that her baby was hungry Ms. Smith began to breastfeed her daughter. Witnesses at the scene report that she was then approached by a NYPD Officer, later identified as Michael Fitzsimmons, who requested that she stop feeding the baby in public as it was “indecent”. Ms. Smith refused to comply with the directive and told Officer Fitzsimmons that she wasn’t doing anything illegal. Officer Fitzsimmons again insisted that she stop and threatened to arrest her for indecent exposure. Ms. Smith calmly responded to the Officer that he could not arrest her because breastfeeding in public wasn’t against the law.

“He got so mad at her”, said Tyrone Webb, who witnessed the unfortunate altercation. “He started yelling at her, saying that he was the police, and that she didn’t know s**t about what was against the law. He got all red in the face, pointing his finger right at her nose. She just sat there and kept feeding the baby calm as could be, being real polite and reasonable. Someone else tried to chime in and tell him he was wrong and he told the lady to shut up and mind her business.”

As the argument transpired the bus approached and Ms. Smith stood up and moved Layla to her other arm, momentarily exposing her whole breast to the Officer and other onlookers. Ms Smith then clipped her breastfeeding bra shut and went to get on the bus with her baby.

Sandra Parker, another witness to the incident, described what followed next: “He screamed at her to stop and told her that she was under arrest. When she ignored him and kept walking toward the bus he grabbed her by the back collar of her shirt and violently yanked her backwards. The poor baby just toppled out of her hands. She hit the ground and the poor little thing just started bleeding from her head. The Officer saw what happened and actually continued to cuff the mother while she began to scream. It was the most horrifying thing I’ve ever seen!”

Onlookers grabbed the injured baby and attempted to staunch the flow of blood from her split head. Officer Fitzsimmons is reported to have made the statement to the crowd that “it was an accident but you can’t resist arrest”. Layla was transported to Queens Hospital Center. Her mother was taken to the precinct for processing. Layla subsequently died, without her mother, from her injuries at the hospital.

Officer Fitzsimmons has been placed on paid leave pending a full investigation. The NYC Police Department has issued a statement expressing their concern regarding this “unfortunate” event and states that all citizens must comply with orders to submit to arrest peacefully so that accidental injuries can be avoided.

Local community leader and Smith family friend Harold Jackson has called for the arrest of Officer Fitzsimmons on charges of murder, calling his actions a travesty of justice. Ms.Smith was released from police custody with no charges being filed against her. The Smith family has not yet commented on the death of their daughter.

Update- A candlelight vigil will be held at Alley Pond Park starting at 6pm Thursday Evening to remember the brief life of Layla Smith.

f

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 9:30pm
The story is fake ?

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 10:03pm
NY police use Rev Sharpton picture on badges to mark him .

Saturday Action Rally & Broadcast with Rev. Al Sharpton

August 9th, 2014 09:00 AM

Rev. Sharpton Events

House of Justice

New York, New York 10039

The National Action Network holds a rally every Saturday Morning at its national headquarters, The House of Justice.
106 W. 145th Street
New York, NY 10039

You can view a livestream of the event right here at www.nationalactionnetwork.net or on the NAN Live page.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 11:04pm
that breastfeeding cop killing baby story is fake.  the national report is a horribly constructed satirical site that should be shut down.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 5:21am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

that breastfeeding cop killing baby story is fake.  the national report is a horribly constructed satirical site that should be shut down.
Ok, thanks so much for clearing that up!!!

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 9:03am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I see.

If you two really believe this is not what ended slavery I have some very bad news for you.....

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:05am

I see.

Two words: reading comprehension. You are lacking it and the 5 people who thanked you.
As far as I know, slavery did not end because whites woke up one day and said it was wrong, but if that was what happened, sit back and wait for whites to feel guilty. 

That is almost exactly what happenedConfused

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:36am
kfox, in what country? Because here in the US slavery ended because Lincoln didn't want blacks to continue to cross over to the North to be free because the South needed the blacks to continue working in the plantations. Also, the South wanted to separate and the Union wanted to remain together because they would lose monopoly over the South's cotton.

Lincoln never gave two fvcks about blacks. He ended slavery for political and economical reasons.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 10:46am
You are not wrong about the complexities that brought an end to slavery but no denying the grass roots efforts by white and black activists. 

You're right and Lincoln didn't even actually end slavery IMO.  Wasn't even part of his end game.  It was all political and part of a larger propaganda effort to be as culturally sophisticated as European nations that began to see slavery as an abomination.  And because he was the president and he said so.  Power move.

I'm saying any suggestion that blacks mobilized and freed themselves however is just wishful thinking.  I'm not saying that's what you're saying but with this thread its sort of an underlying implication.   We have never had that kind of power here.  Poor white people don't even have that kind of power.... yet.  We're all pretty fckd TBH.

Date Posted: Aug 08 2014 at 11:32am

I read about it earlier and just thought - meh another thread where everyone gets upset but nothing is done. After Trayvon MArtin, I thought blacks would fight for real equality, but nothing was done.
This man also did not deserve to die. He shouted it was fake and they just shot him and then said "get on the ground" as if his body wasn't already on the ground.

Tomorrow it will be another black person being roughed up by the police, arrested for nothing, killed for nothing and nothing will change. The black community needs to get together. When the Hispanic immigrants were trying to prove their purchasing power, they had a day that no one purchased nothing here in LA - or the whole country, not sure. Why can't African Americans do something like that or just get together and show their discontent with this police brutality?

You know what, sexy, I'm finally accepting this. Not starting any threads like this anymore. It's too disheartening. Black people are powerless and fucced, they keep saying. The end.

Posted By: Im_oh_so_hott
Date Posted: Aug 10 2014 at 11:15pm

Date Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 12:04am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

You are not wrong about the complexities that brought an end to slavery but no denying the grass roots efforts by white and black activists. 

You're right and Lincoln didn't even actually end slavery IMO.  Wasn't even part of his end game.  It was all political and part of a larger propaganda effort to be as culturally sophisticated as European nations that began to see slavery as an abomination.  And because he was the president and he said so.  Power move.

I'm saying any suggestion that blacks mobilized and freed themselves however is just wishful thinking.  I'm not saying that's what you're saying but with this thread its sort of an underlying implication.   We have never had that kind of power here.  Poor white people don't even have that kind of power.... yet.  We're all pretty fckd TBH.

I think whites did help, of course, after all, a white person signed the end of the slavery, and many whites disagreed with slavery, but I do not believe for a second that any of them woke up feeling guilty about their white privilege or over slavery. If they had, they would have done more for blacks after slavery ended such as providing housing or jobs, or teaching people trades or even sending them to Africa.

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 12:51am
Originally posted by BonitaApplebaum BonitaApplebaum wrote:

story is fake...that is what was said here ...not a real story,  unless it has changed to being the real thing

Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 3:57pm
update from kfoxx

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

About the guys who was shot in Walmart.  Can find the thread but..

His father and family lawyer met with the prosecutor and viewed the surveillance tapes police were holding from the public.  After the meeting the prosecutor announced he will appoint a special grand jury.  Father said the prosecutor told him you will have justice.  They agreed not to discuss the tapes contents but the lawyer said the viewing confirms this was murder.  Coroner ruled it a homicide as well. 

I hope these mutherfckas are starting to understand we're done with excuses. 

Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:39pm
Thank you sexy Hug

There is so much going on right now.  I feel like this prosecutor would have done NOTHING if not for Ferguson.  He not trying to see us bum-rush Ohio!

Putting these mofos on high alert!!

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:05pm
yall need to stop being dramatic and do easily willing to quit.

you got to be in this for the long haul.

jolie, your voice/font is too powerful to even consider stopping. word to Trayvon.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:45am

Cops Who Killed John Crawford III At Ohio Walmart Shot Him 'On Sight': Attorney

The Huffington Post  | By http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andres-jauregui/" rel="nofollow - Andres Jauregui
  •   John Crawford III

Surveillance video from an Ohio Walmart shows that a http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/26/video-shows-police-shot-ohio-man-on-sight-as-he-leaned-on-toy-gun-in-walmart-attorney-says/" rel="nofollow - man fatally shot by police earlier this month had his back to officers and was talking on a cell phone, an attorney for the man's family says.

John Crawford III died Aug. 5 after Beavercreek police http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/06/walmart-shooting_n_5653858.html" rel="nofollow - responded to reports of an armed man at a Dayton-area Walmart. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/11/john-crawford-iii_n_5669715.html" rel="nofollow - Crawford was not armed -- he had a pellet gun with him, which he had picked up in the store's toy department.

Attorney Michael Wright said that the video, which he was allowed to view with the man's family, contradicts statements by police and witnesses that Crawford ignored commands to drop the gun and “looked like he was going to go violently.”

“John was doing nothing wrong in Walmart, nothing more, nothing less than shopping,” Wright said in a statement. He said the 22-year-old father of two was shot "on sight" in a "militaristic" response by police.

LeeCee Johnson, the mother of Crawford's children, http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/man-police-shot-in-walmart-killed-over-fake-gun-fa/ngw77/" rel="nofollow - was on the phone with him when he was shot . She told the Dayton Daily News:

"[The] next thing I know, he said ‘It’s not real,’ and the police start shooting and they said ‘Get on the ground,’ but he was already on the ground because they had shot him... I could hear him just crying and screaming. I feel like they shot him down like he was not even human.”

The Ohio attorney general’s office said that http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/cops-shoot-and-kill-man-holding-toy-gun-walmart" rel="nofollow - the gun Crawford was carrying was an MK-177 BB/pellet rifle , also known as a “variable pump air rifle.”

A special prosecutor is scheduled to present the case to a grand jury Sept. 22, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced Tuesday.

Beavercreek Police Sgt. David Darkow, one officer involved in the shooting, http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/1-of-2-officers-back-on-job/ng6MW/" rel="nofollow - returned to duty last week . The other officer, Sean Williams, remains on administrative leave.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/officer-involved-wal-mart-shooting-back-job" rel="nofollow - One of the officers in Crawford's death was involved in a 2010 shooting that was ruled self-defense, according to the Associated Press. Authorities would not confirm which officer it was.

Date Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:57am
^^I hope people don't forget him and protest for him too. This needs to make national news as well. He was on the ground crying and the animals executed him anyway. I can only imagine the terror of his last moments. He was a handsome young man. You can't even go shopping now. How come they're not mobilizing in Dayton?

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 09 2014 at 5:03pm
so a man is dead because he lied

When Ronald Ritchie called 911 from the aisles of a Walmart in western Ohio last month to report that a black man was “walking around with a gun in the store”, he said that shoppers were coming under direct threat. “He’s, like, pointing it at people,”

Ritchie told the dispatcher. Later that evening, after John Crawford III had been shot dead by one of the police officers who hurried to the scene in Beavercreek, Ritchie repeated to reporters:

“He was pointing at people. Children walking by.”

One month later, Ritchie puts it differently. “At no point did he shoulder the rifle and point it at somebody,” the 24-year-old said, in an interview with the Guardian.

He maintained that Crawford was “waving it around”, which attorneys for Crawford’s family deny.

Ritchie told several reporters after the 5 August shooting that he was an “ex-marine”. When confronted with his seven-week service record, however, he confirmed that he had been quickly thrown out of the US marine corps in 2008 after being declared a “fraudulent enlistment”, over what he maintains was simply a mixup over his paperwork.

Crawford, 22, turned out to be holding an unloaded BB air rifle that he had picked up from a store shelf. After Ritchie said Crawford appeared to be “trying to load” the gun, the 911 dispatcher relayed to an officer that it was believed the gunman “just put some bullets inside”.

The Crawfords’ attorneys told the Guardian that they had learned the preliminary findings of an autopsy were that he was shot in the back of his left arm and in his left side, supporting their claim that he was turned away from the police officer who shot him.

They have pleaded with Mike DeWine, Ohio’s attorney general, to release the store’s surveillance footage of the shooting to the public. Having viewed it, they say that it disproves Ritchie’s version of what led to the deaths of both Crawford and a 37-year-old woman who collapsed and died in the ensuing panic.

“It was an execution, no doubt about it,” alleged Crawford’s father, John Crawford II. “It was flat-out murder. And when you see the footage, it will illustrate that.”

DeWine has said that releasing the footage would be “playing with dynamite” and prevent any trial from being fair

The attorneys said that they would also be lodging a complaint with DeWine after Ritchie told the Guardian that he, too, was shown the surveillance footage by officials in the attorney general’s bureau of criminal investigation, who are investigating the shooting.

From this point, the Crawford team’s description of what is shown in the surveillance footage differs radically from Ritchie’s recollection, which he insisted was also backed up by the recordings from the Walmart cameras.

Crawford’s father and attorneys said that the footage showed the 22-year-old walking from one aisle to the next with the BB rifle at his side and in his left hand, pointed at the floor except for one notable movement.

“I would think that the rifle maybe got heavy to him,” said his father. “He kind of swung it like you carry it on your shoulder, then he immediately put it back down.” “You can clearly see people walk past him, and they didn’t think anything about it.

Everybody was just kind of minding their own business,” his father added. “He wasn’t acting in any type of way that he would have been considered menacing, if you will.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/ohio-black-man-killed-by-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account" rel="nofollow - http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/07/ohio-black-man-killed-by-police-walmart-doubts-cast-witnesss-account

Print Page | Close Window