Print Page | Close Window

Betrayal or Overreacting?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=373808
Printed Date: Oct 16 2018 at 9:43am

Topic: Betrayal or Overreacting?
Posted By: JeriMK55
Subject: Betrayal or Overreacting?
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:34pm
Sooo lets say you had a problem with driving and never ever drove whenever you would hang out with two of your friends. Your friends always drive and you never really talk about your driving issues or you try to down play the issue. If your two friends told you that they had discussed together ways to come to you a discuss your lack of driving, would you feel upset and walk away from the conversation? Then ignore them when they text/call later?

Replies:
Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:36pm
honesty and transparency is always the best policy imo.  just tell them why you can't/won't drive...

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:37pm
and if it were me....no i wouldn't be mad that it was discussed or brought to my attention. 

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:38pm
Are they coming to you in a caring way? Maybe they want you to express what your issues are and are offering an ear to listen

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:38pm
Overreacting. But they're annoyed take the hint and drive yaself.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:40pm
and why are you ignoring them?  you really won't have a ride then...or are you planning to find some new friends to drive you around?

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:44pm
You're overreacting.  As long as they aren't condescending..then I don't see the problem.   They probably discussed it together to figure out how to approach the subject respectfully.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:54pm
overreacting.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:57pm
I think youre overreaacting because they didnt seem to be doing anything malicious theyre coming to together to help you its probably becoming annoying that yall cant rotate who drives.

I wouldnt ignore my friends I would explain how I feel and listen to what they have to say

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 3:58pm
no one wants to chauffeur around other grown ups.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:00pm
I'm not the one with the driving issues!!
I have/had a friend who never drove when ever we hang out, but shes had her license for like a year and half. One night my non driving friend and my other friend went to a party. Last minute my friend said she couldn't give non-driving friend a ride home from the party. So non driving friend had to call her sister and mom to come get her Ermm. And non-driving friend ignored my friend's calls/texts and only recently agreed to have a meet up to discuss that night...like 6 months later. And it was brought up that me and my friend had talked about her lack of driving....now she's ignoring my call/text

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

overreacting.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:07pm

well...i feel your other friend was doing the most by changing their mind at the last minute (it sounds like basically right after the party) not giving nodrive a ride back that night.  the other friend basically abandoned nodrive in the middle of the night.  i wouldn't ever do that to one of my friends.  but you and the other friend are well within your rights and should discuss your issues with nodrive....

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:08pm
So she left non driving friend at the party without a ride back? That's trife. I'd be irritated but not pissed enough to ignore for 6 months. She'd hear the next day exactly why I'm upset

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:10pm

Well if I drove my friend to party I would make sure she got home safe we are friends.
Why did you involve yourself they couldve hashed this out amongst themselves.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:10pm
So trife friend brought you up like y'all were talking sh*t? She messy

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:16pm
did you make this thread before ?

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

no one wants to chauffeur around other grown ups.

Came in to agree with this. If I'm chauffering you around and when I question you about you finally driving yourself somewhere and you IGNORE me and walk away that would be the last conversation you'd ever have with me.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

So she left non driving friend at the party without a ride back? That's trife. I'd be irritated but not pissed enough to ignore for 6 months. She'd hear the next day exactly why I'm upset

And dangerous as hell. They don't need to be friends. Driving Friend does not care about that girl's well being.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:37pm
I wouldn't talk to someone that left me...i know yall tired of hauling her around but leaving someone isn't cool anything could happen...stop taking her places that will solve the problem.

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:43pm
I feel like this was posted before. Anywho, the friend who was driving shouldn't have taken nondriving friend in the first place if she wasn't going to take her back home unless she already knew the girl would have a ride home. 

Either way I understand how you guys feel I wouldn't want to keep driving someone around all the time.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 5:04pm
Lamo this may be a repost...I just can't believe it still ongoing and no resolution even after an attempt to discuss it. 

Non-driving friend had her guy friend who was having the party at his place come pick her up from her house....and told my friend that they should leave together...I know technically non-driving friend didn't specifically ask for a ride back home, but we all know she always needs a ride back home. 

I guess at least driving-friend didn't leave her in some random persons house and driving-friend did offer to wait till her sister came to pick her up....but nondriving friend got salty and went back to the apartment and ignored driving-friend

So I do think it was messy for my friend to change last minute and not give her a ride, but I don't think it need to be 6 month + before they could talk about that night 

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 5:09pm
Her man would have been taking her home since he brought her there...yea yall done spoiled her too much.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 5:17pm
I did feel some type of way that my driving friend brought up that we had talked about her driving, but I can't lie it was the truth. We have brought up taking turns driving when we go downtown, offered practicing with her, and we have brought up our own personal struggles with driving but nothing ever changed.

After the party incident non-driver is now driving....I've know non-driver since middle school and now 22yrs old....last month was the first time I saw non driver actually drive with my own eye balls.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 5:26pm
Sounds like that incident gave her the boost to drive...

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 8:02pm
It's a shame that boost had to come at the cost of the friendship....

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

did you make this thread before ?

This was my first thought. And the person is overreacting.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 8:50pm
eta: I just read the 2nd page and realized you aren't the one who doesn't drive. So she didn't talk to her friend for 6 months because of that? Honestly, she feels entitled, and needs to be dumped. To be upset over having to call someone to pick her up from a party is one thing, but to not speak to a friend for six months because of that? Petty. Drop her.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 9:26pm
Like I said before....your friend who left her at the party aint sh*t...

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by JeriMK55 JeriMK55 wrote:

Non-driving friend had her guy friend who was having the party at his place come pick her up from her house....and told my friend that they should leave together...I know technically non-driving friend didn't specifically ask for a ride back home, but we all know she always needs a ride back home. 

you mean to tell me nodrive man picked her up to come to a partay at HIS house but he wouldn't let her stay or take her home?  *blank stare* where they do dat at?????????????????

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:30pm
Overreacting.

Print Page | Close Window