Print Page | Close Window

Youtuber pays off his parents $ 210,000 mortgage

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372649
Printed Date: Dec 15 2018 at 3:39pm

Topic: Youtuber pays off his parents $ 210,000 mortgage
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Subject: Youtuber pays off his parents $ 210,000 mortgage
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:06am
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage

Replies:
Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:27am

YouTube star stuns his parents by paying off their $210 THOUSAND mortgage… and of course captures their reaction on video

• Timothy DeLaGhetto paid his parents' $210,000 mortgage 
  • Timothy DeLaGhetto has over 2 million subscribers and 700 million views on YouTube which spawned a budding performance career
  • DeLaGhetto hopes to star in a film with Will Smith 

By  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Alexandra+Klausner" rel="nofollow - ALEXANDRA KLAUSNER

PUBLISHED: 21:54 EST, 29 July 2014 UPDATED: 01:01 EST, 30 July 2014

More...

'My family and my parents are a big part of who I am as a person and why I do what I do,' says DeLaGhetto to his fans.

'I get my sense of humour from them and I'm just so grateful that they've raised me with so much love and so much open minds and one of the main reasons I go so hard at this entertainment grind...is so they don't have to work so hard, because they work so hard,' he said.

'And what about grandchildren,' said his parents jokingly after embracing their number one son in their arms.

DeLaGhetto spoke to  http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/youtube-parents-mortgage-delaghetto/" rel="nofollow - The Daily Dot  about his gift to his hardworking parents and their humorous response.

'I kind of felt like as soon as I said surprise, that's what they thought I was going to say,’  DeLaGhetto said.

'That'll be the next video.'

DeLaGhetto said he wanted to help his parents because their love and support lead him to where he is today.

'My dad watches [my vlog channel] religiously because he's in them, and reads all the comments about himself. They're big supporters, especially since they've seen what it's turned into. They're proud', he boasted.

DeLaGhetto has a few more items on his wish list for the future, one of which is starring in a movie with Will Smith.

So far he's made appearances on Nick Cannon's Wild N' Out on MTV 2.

Now that DeLaGhetto gave his parents the money the need to pay a large sum, he hopes that they will take some time off from working at the Thai restaurant they own.

'They were telling me they might even close the restaurant for an additional day to just chill,' he said.

< ="http://www.youtube.com//g5QaUKHvjHo" allowfullscreen="" border="0" width="640" height="360" style="color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10px;">
Read more:
  • http://www.dailydot.com/entertainment/youtube-parents-mortgage-delaghetto/" rel="nofollow - YouTube star stuns his parents by paying off their mortgage
  • https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3bO1qGcFovPqFEa-mg4EyA" rel="nofollow - Timothy DeLaGhetto

Read more:  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage-ca.html#ixzz38wUH8nuv" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2710306/YouTube-celebrity-brings-parents-tears-paying-210-THOUSAND-mortgage-ca.html#ixzz38wUH8nuv  
Follow us:  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline" rel="nofollow - @MailOnline on Twitter  |  http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail" rel="nofollow - DailyMail on Facebook

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:30am
Dope.

Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 4:46am
thanks BindyThumbs Up

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 5:55am
Awww....he seemed sweet and genuine in his videos.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:06am
Clap that's good

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:08am
he is in like the top 10-20 of youtube vlogger income bracket i believe. if you got a gimmick or creative, its so easy to get on that train.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:44am
I would not accept money to pay off my mortgage from my child, personally. I just wouldn't, particularly if they are under or at their early 30s. I'd want them to use that money and make an investment for themselves or something. 

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

he is in like the top 10-20 of youtube vlogger income bracket i believe. if you got a gimmick or creative, its so easy to get on that train.

You gotta be Asian or white though.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:06am
That is awesome that he was able to do that for his parents.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:33am
what does he do in his videos? has anyone watched? is he an actor now? did he make the money off his youtube videos or by acting? the article does not explain how he made that money and how long it took.

Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

what does he do in his videos? has anyone watched? is he an actor now? did he make the money off his youtube videos or by acting? the article does not explain how he made that money and how long it took.
comedy skits

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:39am
Very nice!!
If I could payoff my parent's mortgage I would too.

Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:40am

the black guy is in a lot of his videos

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:44am
That's great. I will say tho...a lot of these you tubers with millions of subscribers... I never know who they are.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 9:47am

His last name is DeLaGhetto?

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Ermm  Asian or white to do what?? Be creative?

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:33am
i skimmed.. but he sold his whatever to disney for 500million…?
if so, that 200k was change to him

i read a little more.. okay i get it. he didnt get the 500million he just owned stock.
thats great and id do the same if i could. 

lol@ delaghetto

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:41am
I'd pay off my parents mortgage too if I could. Very selfless of him

OT for some reason it bothers me when rich folk describing the spending of thousands (or hundreds of thousands) of dollars in comparison to the millions they have as 'pocket change' or 'pennies' cuz lets be real, them mfs wouldnt leave 2k in the couch cushion at the drs office like they would a lost penny or casually drop 50k in the tip jar of a starbucks coffee shop Ermm

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 11:07am
Aw, that's awesome

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:38pm
he's on Wild'n out now 

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 12:54pm
The Fresh Prince thread made me think about Tim

That was really sweet of him to do btw

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:05pm
awesome...i think this is something that *most* kids want to do for their parents...

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:10pm
Why can't I ever invest in stocks that make me millions?

Posted By: tropical-punch
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by NuAttitude NuAttitude wrote:

lol really?

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:04pm
If I had the money, I would pay off all of my Mom's debt!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:09pm
my favourite vid will ALWAYS be the Ethiopian guy

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:14pm
Never seen on of his videos in my life but good for him.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

lol really?

The retardation of BHM women is starting to annoy me.
I'm obviously talking about having a huge following.
The top vloggers are white/Asian....that doesn't mean they're more interesting or creative....they just get a bigger following.

Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 3:57pm
LOL

Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:50am
LOL>>>>>@Sang lawd

yep that is extremely generous...it did read he invested in stocks,but he used his tube money to invest, got rich and helped out his parent's...
he didn't use no gofundme.com to raise money to help his parent's he used his talent, put it to good work and it paid off with a huge win...Clap

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 1:52am
This is so Great I want to follow his example; SO beautiful

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air Will pretended to be a poet named Raphael DeLaghetto to impress a girl.

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

His last name is DeLaGhetto?

Yea I remember
I didn't think that was an actual persons name though lol

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:27am
How ironic that my favorite podcasters just posted this episode of their show....

http://soundcloud.com/hyphenated-lives/h-28-problematic-asian-american-youtube-stars-feat-lucy" rel="nofollow - https://soundcloud.com/hyphenated-lives/h-28-problematic-asian-american-youtube-stars-feat-lucy

I haven't listened to it yet but I'm wondering if they mentioned Timothy

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 2:38am
moms face on every picLOL

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 4:08pm

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

lol really?

The retardation of BHM women is starting to annoy me.
I'm obviously talking about having a huge following.
The top vloggers are white/Asian....that doesn't mean they're more interesting or creative....they just get a bigger following.
LOL yea ok

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 5:41pm
Good for him.

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 10:32am

Meet 'The Best Technology Reviewer On The Planet,' Who Is Only 20 Years Old

Marques Brownlee is just 20 years old, but there’s arguably no one better on the internet when it comes to explaining new technologies to the average consumer. Even former Google VP Vic Gundotra called him "the best technology reviewer on the planet right now."

YouTubers have taken notice of the young man: Brownlee's YouTube channel "MKBHD" has more than 1.5 million subscribers and nearly 130 million total views on his 640-plus videos.

Still, he’s no overnight success: Brownlee has been working tirelessly for more than five years, honing his craft by constantly producing and self-critiquing his videos to make the next ones easier to both make and watch.

But despite all of the work involved, “MKBHD” is, was, and will always be a solo effort.

“When I first started making the videos, I didn’t tell anyone about it,” he said in an interview with Business Insider. “Not [my family], not anyone. But after a while it was something that was pretty obvious, since I was making a whole bunch of videos … I just didn’t necessarily feel like telling people about what I was researching.”

Brownlee, a senior at Stevens College in Hoboken, New Jersey, said he always had a love for technology. His dad works in technology — information systems and programming, specifically — but Brownlee’s interests were more centered on consumer electronics, starting with computers and some of the old camcorders his parents had around. He said his first computer was a Dell desktop with a “big old 15-inch CRT monitor.”

“It was kind of a background hobby; I didn’t have a reason to tell anyone when I first started making the videos,” he said.

When he entered high school, Brownlee said, he wanted to buy a laptop for school, so he researched various computers and watched tutorials on “how to do cool tricks and customizations.” And simply by watching others' tutorials, Brownlee felt encouraged to make some tutorials of his own with some simple screencasting software.

Still, it would take a while to build an audience.

“It was super slow. The first few videos, there were no comments and no views,” he told BI. “But eventually, once someone would comment on the video, they asked about other things I could share.”

Brownlee started to gain a small following by answering users’ questions with his own handmade videos. By the time he reached his 100th video, he had only 78 subscribers. But Brownlee’s operation was not what it is today, and it still very much a work in progress.

“Back then, it was all one take,” he said. “So when I’d make a video, I’d open the software, press record, talk two or three minutes to explain whatever I needed to explain, and I’d just stop and upload it to YouTube. That was it.

“I could make multiple videos in a day, but now, the videos are much more elaborate.”

Brownlee currently produces several different types of videos. He’s got his reviews, explainers, and impressions, but he’ll also throw in some special features and “advanced projects.” But with every video, a great deal of research is involved before Brownlee ever starts filming.

As with most consumers, he’ll unbox the product and start forming impressions on it. Over the course of a week or so, he’ll jot down various talking points to include in his video. But from the moment he turns on the camera and hits record, “it’s probably less than 48 hours before that video is online.”

These days, Brownlee uses a Sennheiser microphone and a Canon lens, and he edits using the Adobe suite, but he says the list of equipment he uses changes every few months.

“I’m just picky about certain things in the videos, so I’m always switching out things that look or sound better,” he said. “These are things behind the scenes that people may never notice, but it makes the workflow easier.”

According to Google Trends, Brownlee's videos only recently started gaining traction among the internet faithful — around the time of Gundotra's G+ post, actually. But when asked about his personal favorite MKBHD video, he said a couple of “milestone” videos stood out, including a video he made for a contest hosted by Wrapsol, in which he won the $1,000 first prize, and his LG G Flex scratch test video, “because it was something I thought of that literally no one else would do. If you got that phone for 30 days to review, you’d never take a knife to it and see if it heals itself. But when I bought the phone I decided immediately I’m going to take a knife to it,” he said with a laugh.

Brownlee's successful video business keeps growing — he said the money he makes from his YouTube channel, which is powered by Google Adsense, more than makes up for his production costs. But he said “it’s definitely hard” to balance his various works, with school and his videos and everything in between. This balance was tougher to achieve in high school, which took up most of his time “in terms of pure hours in class.”

While it's never been easy for Brownlee to find time to make his videos, at least in college, Brownlee has a bit more flexibility in his schedule compared with high school — even as he majors in business and technology with concentrations in marketing and information systems.

When asked about his plans after college, Brownlee said he would “definitely keep making videos as long as they’re fun to make.”

“But having a degree,” he said, “I went so far with school, so I might as well just finish. Getting my degree is something I’ll be really happy about. I’ll wing it from there.”

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 10:49am
I love love love Marques' channel

His setup is so simple but professional

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:32am
That's wonderful!!!  Kudos for him.Beer

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:36am

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 11:57am

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:05pm
probably 50-75k in gear in that small room

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 12:23pm

SoldierKnowsBest is also good for tech reviews.  I think he's doing pretty well too.....and he's BLACK! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierKnowsBest" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierKnowsBest

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 2:33pm

Meet 'The Best Technology Reviewer On The Planet,' Who Is Only 20 Years Old

Marques Brownlee is just 20 years old, but there’s arguably no one
better on the internet when it comes to explaining new technologies to
the average consumer. Even former Google VP Vic Gundotra called him "the
best technology reviewer on the planet right now."

YouTubers have taken notice of the young man: Brownlee's YouTube channel
"MKBHD" has more than 1.5 million subscribers and nearly 130 million
total views on his 640-plus videos.

Still, he’s no overnight success: Brownlee has been working tirelessly
for more than five years, honing his craft by constantly producing and
self-critiquing his videos to make the next ones easier to both make and
watch.

But despite all of the work involved, “MKBHD” is, was, and will always be a solo effort.

“When I first started making the videos, I didn’t tell anyone about it,”
he said in an interview with Business Insider. “Not [my family], not
anyone. But after a while it was something that was pretty obvious,
since I was making a whole bunch of videos … I just didn’t necessarily
feel like telling people about what I was researching.”

Brownlee, a senior at Stevens College in Hoboken, New Jersey, said he
always had a love for technology. His dad works in technology —
information systems and programming, specifically — but Brownlee’s
interests were more centered on consumer electronics, starting with
computers and some of the old camcorders his parents had around. He said
his first computer was a Dell desktop with a “big old 15-inch CRT
monitor.”

“It was kind of a background hobby; I didn’t have a reason to tell anyone when I first started making the videos,” he said.

When he entered high school, Brownlee said, he wanted to buy a laptop
for school, so he researched various computers and watched tutorials on
“how to do cool tricks and customizations.” And simply by watching
others' tutorials, Brownlee felt encouraged to make some tutorials of
his own with some simple screencasting software.

Still, it would take a while to build an audience.

“It was super slow. The first few videos, there were no comments and no
views,” he told BI. “But eventually, once someone would comment on the
video, they asked about other things I could share.”

Brownlee started to gain a small following by answering users’ questions
with his own handmade videos. By the time he reached his 100th video,
he had only 78 subscribers. But Brownlee’s operation was not what it is
today, and it still very much a work in progress.

“Back then, it was all one take,” he said. “So when I’d make a video,
I’d open the software, press record, talk two or three minutes to
explain whatever I needed to explain, and I’d just stop and upload it to
YouTube. That was it.

“I could make multiple videos in a day, but now, the videos are much more elaborate.”

Brownlee currently produces several different types of videos. He’s got
his reviews, explainers, and impressions, but he’ll also throw in some
special features and “advanced projects.” But with every video, a great
deal of research is involved before Brownlee ever starts filming.

As with most consumers, he’ll unbox the product and start forming
impressions on it. Over the course of a week or so, he’ll jot down
various talking points to include in his video. But from the moment he
turns on the camera and hits record, “it’s probably less than 48 hours
before that video is online.”

These days, Brownlee uses a Sennheiser microphone and a Canon lens, and
he edits using the Adobe suite, but he says the list of equipment he
uses changes every few months.

“I’m just picky about certain things in the videos, so I’m always
switching out things that look or sound better,” he said. “These are
things behind the scenes that people may never notice, but it makes the
workflow easier.”

According to Google Trends, Brownlee's videos only recently started
gaining traction among the internet faithful — around the time of
Gundotra's G+ post, actually. But when asked about his personal favorite
MKBHD video, he said a couple of “milestone” videos stood out,
including a video he made for a contest hosted by Wrapsol, in which he
won the $1,000 first prize, and his LG G Flex scratch test video,
“because it was something I thought of that literally no one else would
do. If you got that phone for 30 days to review, you’d never take a
knife to it and see if it heals itself. But when I bought the phone I
decided immediately I’m going to take a knife to it,” he said with a
laugh.

Brownlee's successful video business keeps growing — he said the money
he makes from his YouTube channel, which is powered by Google Adsense,
more than makes up for his production costs. But he said “it’s
definitely hard” to balance his various works, with school and his
videos and everything in between. This balance was tougher to achieve in
high school, which took up most of his time “in terms of pure hours in
class.”

While it's never been easy for Brownlee to find time to make his videos,
at least in college, Brownlee has a bit more flexibility in his
schedule compared with high school — even as he majors in business and
technology with concentrations in marketing and information systems.

When asked about his plans after college, Brownlee said he would
“definitely keep making videos as long as they’re fun to make.”

“But having a degree,” he said, “I went so far with school, so I might
as well just finish. Getting my degree is something I’ll be really happy
about. I’ll wing it from there.”

I've actually watched a couple of his vids. I didn't even note the number of subscribers he had. Go 'head.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 2:33pm
good for him

im not familiar with his videos

Date Posted: Aug 06 2014 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

SoldierKnowsBest is also good for tech reviews.  I think he's doing pretty well too.....and he's BLACK! 

http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierKnowsBest" rel="nofollow - http://www.youtube.com/user/SoldierKnowsBest
I was gonna post about him but forgot

He knows a lot about mac stuff

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 12:05pm

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:53pm
I'm so glad to hear someone doing something not selfish with YouTube earnings.

Timaya can kick rocks

Date Posted: Aug 07 2014 at 2:54pm

probably 50-75k in gear in that small room
easy!!

Print Page | Close Window