Print Page | Close Window

Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372616
Printed Date: Jan 22 2018 at 4:38pm

Topic: Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?
Posted By: Az~Maverick
Subject: Is cursive writing an old relic of the past?
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 3:58pm
I've actually witnessed some kids today that don't know how to write in cursive or know how to read it....let alone know what an analog clock is. How are they gonna be able to sign legal documents....etc. if some schools aren't even bothering with teaching it at all?? 

Sigh..... 

With eyebrows furrowed and fingers holding pencils with claw-like grips, third graders at Lowell Elementary School in Mesa were tackling an assignment involving one of the most controversial topics in American education: cursive writing.

Minutes ticked by and most of the students, nine-year-olds in teacher Brittney Chapman's class last spring had only formed a few words or a single sentence on a lined worksheet.

"It's hard because you have to keep the pen down and connect the letters," said Luis Carlos Miranda, who Chapman described as one of the better writers in her class of 23.

Another student, Angel Guerra, said he thinks cursive is important because "there is a lot more writing in life than there is typing."

Lowell students are the poorest in Mesa Public Schools and many students do not have access to computers outside of school.

Chapman frequently requires her students to write in cursive. They also need to know how to read her cursive writing on a white board to understand their daily homework assignment.

But many teachers nationwide no longer teach students the curlicue script that older generations once viewed as the hallmark of a well-educated person.

The Arizona College and Career Ready Standards, which are based on the Common Core State Standards Initiative, do not mandate that students learn cursive. Nor did Arizona's previous standards — those that AIMS is based on — or the standards of most of the other states that have new standards based on the Common Core.

The standards require that students master keyboarding and a form of handwriting — that can be print or cursive, said Kathryn Hrabluk, associate superintendent for the Arizona Department of Education.

The standards also require that teachers show students how to organize concepts, choose the right words and write correctly spelled words and grammatical sentences.

"The goal is to have students be able to successfully articulate their thoughts, learning and ideas so others can clearly understand," Hrabluk said.

California, Idaho, Kansas, Massachusetts, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, are among the states that are either debating or have recently mandated that cursive be brought back to the classroom.

Arizona has not joined the debate, possibly because many schools here still teach cursive despite the lack of a state requirement.

An informal survey of Valley districts showed that most still require teachers to devote at least a small amount of time to cursive.

"Kids love to learn how to write in cursive," said Suzan DePrez, Mesa schools assistant superintendent of curriculum and instruction.

"It is a sort of rite of passage. I think there is artistic value in cursive ... also knowing how to read communication in cursive is something we should be able to do."

Officials in other districts said that they also require students to learn cursive, but several teachers were not confident enough in their students' mastery of cursive to allow an Arizona Republic reporter into their classrooms to observe.

A few said informally they don't spend much time teaching cursive because they know their students will enter a world where keyboarding is a more important skill.

"Are you expected to publish your stories in cursive handwriting?" DePrez asked aRepublic reporter, rhetorically. "The real question is when beyond elementary school is one expected or asked to produce in cursive writing?"

Cursive advocates say that question misses the point.

Conservative radio personality Glenn Beck argues that people must be able to at least read cursive if they want to appreciate America's Declaration of Independence and other hand-written historical documents.

Beck is also a Common Core critic who believes the standards "dumb down" school curricula.

"Why are they no longer teacher cursive writing?" he asked in one broadcast.

"The easiest way to make someone a slave is to dumb them down. They don't teach them how to read and write."

Some academic researchers advocate teaching cursive to students in the first three years of elementary school, saying research shows cursive helps brain development.

A year ago, Psychology Today published an article by Texas A&M University neuroscientist William Klemm that argues that cursive makes kids smarter.

"Cursive writing, compared to printing, is even more beneficial because the movement tasks are more demanding, the letters are less stereotypical, and the visual-recognition requirements create a broader repertoire of letter representation," he wrote.

Around the same time, the National Association of State Boards of Education issued a report stating that cursive helps develop memory, fine motor skills and better expression.

But an Arizona State University educational leadership professor considered one of the nation's experts in how children learn handwriting says schools no longer need to teach cursive.

"Cursive handwriting does not make people more intelligent," Steve Graham said. "That is the kind of stuff that floats around but has no basis scientifically."

Graham said before computers were commonplace, adults valued cursive because they could write it faster than they could print. Today, e-mails, text messages and documents created in systems like Microsoft Word take the place of handwritten pages, he said.

Printed signatures are acceptable today, as are electronic signatures, he said. A scrawling John Hancock is no longer needed in today's world.

Graham noted that it is still important for children to learn to print clearly, because even at the high school level only about half of students' work is typed. Fast, accurate keyboarding skills also are important, he said.

"If a student has to constantly think about where the key is, that is going to have an impact on their ability to write well," he said.

Graham said far more important than whether students are printing or writing in cursive is that they are being given assignments that encourage them to write well-thought-out sentences and paragraphs. Far too often, he said, kids are simply asked to fill in the blanks on worksheets.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2014/07/24/cursive-writing-arizona-schools-teach/13050035/?hootPostID=7afa0aebdc2e4a68339fa44725252002" rel="nofollow - http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2014/07/24/cursive-writing-arizona-schools-teach/13050035/?hootPostID=7afa0aebdc2e4a68339fa44725252002

Replies:
Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:00pm
Cursive isn't necessary.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:03pm
lol. really?

<<  the curlicue script that older generations once viewed as the hallmark of a well-educated person.>>

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:03pm
I was wondering about this some time ago. I dont even remember how to write in cursive. It was pointless as far as Im concerned. A lot of my teachers in high school wanted us to write in print because cursive is hard to read if you got sloppy handwriting.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:04pm
I just think it's quicker than printing.

Now, is it readable... maybe not. lol

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:06pm
i still write in cursive, but it's usually a blend of print and cursive. 

my sister is 18 and can't write in cursive, smart girl but it just seems to have faded away.

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:07pm
If they can type, cool with me.

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:17pm
Cursive isn't taught anymore (SC & GA)

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:38pm
I learned cursive in school and was never require to use it again afterward. 
Typing ftw.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:50pm
I hate reading other people's cursive writing. Chicken scratch, really.

I guess i'm apathetic towards teaching cursive. Whatever the county decides, cool.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:53pm
i never use it myself. *shrug*

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:54pm
I still write in cursive. IA with Purp. It's faster than printing. And I just think it looks pretty.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I still write in cursive. IA with Purp. It's faster than printing. And I just think it looks pretty.

I think most of the time it's hard to read.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:00pm
we should have a post your handwriting thread ...yes the epitome of boredom.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:01pm
Cursive is going to go the same way as calligraphy. Hundreds of years from now you gone have people buying kits and old fashioned ball pens to write in cursive.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I think most of the time it's hard to read.

some folks sure. I don't chicken scratch tho. I make sure it's legible. folks chicken scratch because they're usually rushing and just making slashes that kinda, sorta look like something.

I've seen folks write things down then come back to it and don't understand what their own writings.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:03pm
thats interesting.. 

we were taught it in school… there were assignments that we were only allowed to write in cursive. 
and i mean i know i feel old but im not that old… 

my gram writes in nothing but cursive.
i only write in it for my signature. but i can if i had to… 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:07pm
sad times indeed

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:09pm
My signature looks crazy. I hate writing in cursive. My print is beautiful though. And I'm a lefty. Woop Woop!!

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:11pm
my writing looks like a 4 year old boys writing. 

my cursive probably is better.. but i havent written in that in forever so idk. 

(lefty too) 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:15pm
i'm a lefty too...we are supposed to be superior writers.  my mom and grandma were and they had very beautiful writing.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:16pm
superior writers as far as handwriting..? 

i heard lefties handwriting is usually ugly 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

we should have a post your handwriting thread ...yes the epitome of boredom.
LOL that is sad.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

My signature looks crazy. I hate writing in cursive. My print is beautiful though. And I'm a lefty. Woop Woop!!

mine does too on purpose! I worked hard to perfect my crazy signature LOL

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:19pm
It is still taught in Jamaica

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:19pm
I think it will be. I write in cursive.  It was hard trying to figure out a nice signature after I got married.  Nobody ever talks about that lol.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:20pm
i regret not practicing with my right hand more.. 
im sure i could be fully ambidextrous if i had tried to use it more. 

i do many things with both.. 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

it's only anecdotal evidence...i've heard a few people say it and it's been usually true from what i've seen.  but you write like a little boy LOL.  i could be hyping it up because it's also said that we are better with art.  I learned how to write pretty nicely because of how careful i had to be not to smudge ink and i like stuff to look pretty.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:26pm
The only thing I think you need it for is signing documents, checks etc

I dont know anyone that uses it because they want to  LOL

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:27pm
if i take my time it looks okay but i dont be having time for all that.. 

my older cousin and aunt write beautifully (righties though) and they used to always talk about my ugly writing and force me to write a few paragraphs on various topics neatly everyday… 
it was way neater and fairly nice looking.. but i guess it didnt stick. 

were typically smarter though. i think thats kind of a fact 
eta, well actually i read that we're usually either very smart, or boderline mentally challenged.. 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:29pm

True.....for most who DO know how to write in cursive. Others it just looks like one long pubic hair.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

mine does too on purpose! I worked hard to perfect my crazy signature LOL

Yeah. No one could ever forge my signature. It took me some years to write it using my married name instead of my maiden name though. It was such a habit that it was hard to change the stroke of that pen.LOL

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

That what I thought too. People are usually surprised by my handwriting because I'm a lefty.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

And that's the point. Even though it may be a thing of the past unfortunately at least know how to write your own damn name in cursive. Most kids these days don't even know how to do that.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:48pm
Wait a minute. So how are they writing their signatures??? 

Posted By: niecy
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:54pm
I never really saw a point for cursive. The only time I use it is to sign documents. IDK if they still teach it in the schools in my area but I will probably make sure I atleast teach my daughter how to write her name in cursive.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:58pm

In print. I was a the dentist's office a few weeks ago and a 17 y.o. girl had now idea how to fill out a paper application. Everything was in 3rd grader's print....including her signature.

But after she was done, she was texting like nobody's business.....Sleepy

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 5:58pm
Wow thats crazy. Technology is taking over everything. I'm pretty sure soon there wont be a such thing as textbooks and handwritten assignments.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:02pm

Yeah. No one could ever forge my signature. It took me some years to write it using my married name instead of my maiden name though. It was such a habit that it was hard to change the stroke of that pen.LOL

which is why I didn't

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

In print. I was a the dentist's office a few weeks ago and a 17 y.o. girl had now idea how to fill out a paper application. Everything was in 3rd grader's print....including her signature.

This is another thing that baffles me. Kids do not know how to fill out applications. My aunt said she had to tell my 18 y.o. cousin what to put for everything on a job application. She didn't even know what to put in the field for what country she's from. She kept looking for name of our state instead of putting United States.

Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:04pm
I haven't written anything other than a signature in so long.  I used to take my notes in cursive when I was in college.  I also wrote letters to my husband while he was deployed.  I don't have much cause to these days.  I'm indifferent to it fading away.  My handwriting is cute and I'm a lefty.  My husband is also left-handed and his is awful.  Dead

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:08pm
I think the more technology advances, fewer chances we'll have available to awaken and use the creative sides of our brains with less & less "hands on" things. Creating a society of mindless drones.

Just my $0.02.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:09pm
I agree AZ. 

OAN Its nice to see we have al ot of lefties on BHMWink

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:12pm

ive noticed a lot of places have electronic signatures these days.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

This is another thing that baffles me. Kids do not know how to fill out applications. My aunt said she had to tell my 18 y.o. cousin what to put for everything on a job application. She didn't even know what to put in the field for what country she's from. She kept looking for name of our state instead of putting United States.

SMH...

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:18pm
Yall run into some dummies. 
Their parents failed. 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

lol. really?

<<  the curlicue script that older generations once viewed as the hallmark of a well-educated person.>>

I know! LOL

I'd really hate to see what IS these days. LOL

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

Yall run into some dummies. 
Their parents failed. 

Well if that's the case alot of parents are failing. 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:39pm
i think that even people who dont know how to write in cursive.. know how to do their signature. 
most ppl at least.. 

i mean ppl know that with autographs and stuff its not regular print.. so they probably practice writing their name in some type of scibbly/fancyish way… 

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 6:57pm
We had to write in cursive in my English class in middle
that is until the parents came to the school to protest

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:21pm
This thread is making me feel old. It's inconceivable to me that people don't know how to hand write anymore.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:22pm
Could be...all the older ppl i know only write on cursive...i hate it...it gives me headaches trying to figure it out.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

LOL it's funny how you don't know someone is ditzy until stuff like that happens.  i have a younger cousin like that...she asks the most basic of basic questions that i swear she should've learned at some point in life. 

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:44pm
cursive is no longer part of the curriculum where I live, I remember I asked my daughter's 3rd grade teacher about this last year. 

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 7:50pm
But there are situations in life when someone is giving you information (say over the phone for instance) and you have to write it down. How long does it take for a person to write the info down in a situation like that if they don't know cursive? How long does it take them to fill out an application? Writing with detached letters takes time. This is crazy to me. This is not a skill that should die.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 10:34pm
I always thought cursive writing was useless....What's the point if you can barely read what the person is writing?

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 10:55pm
Remember during the Trayvon Martin trial when his friend was on the stand and she had to admit that at the age of 18 that she could not read what was written on the paper because it was written in cursive.

Many people write in cursive because in my opinion it is faster to do so than to write in script.

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 10:59pm
This reminds me of the video I watched recently of Michael Jackson visiting his old elementary school

He wrote his name on the chalk board and I just remember thinking that in the future, people won't be able to write that nicely. Made me feel kinda sad

34:10

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i still write in cursive, but it's usually a blend of print and cursive. 

my sister is 18 and can't write in cursive, smart girl but it just seems to have faded away.

same

i think students should do whatever makes them efficient while learning

cursive isn't very useful...i've met a lot of elderly who seem to think it is lol

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:03pm
Considering that public schools are not teaching many, many things including cursive writing, at this point, it is the parents' responsibility to make sure that their children are fully literate. When you work in certain fields with written statements that are scanned & reviewed, it will be an interesting situation when an employee can not read the cursive writing. Im sure that there will be college professors writing in cursive for a few more decades that will flunk a student if they can not read it.

Invitations will be in cursive and so many adults will not be able to read them...

I'll betcha that elite private schools are and will continue teaching cursive. Dont sit back and let your kids get handicapped. Teach them cursive yourself while they are young.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:04pm
I wrote a letter in cursive to a friend in the UK and he ain't know wtf it was at first glance .... He said it was nice looking but it took him while to read it due to the "connected letters".

I love cursive.

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Considering that public schools are not teaching many, many things including cursive writing, at this point, it is the parents' responsibility to make sure that their children are fully literate. When you work in certain fields with written statements that are scanned & reviewed, it will be an interesting situation when an employee can not read the cursive writing. Im sure that there will be college professors writing in cursive for a few more decades that will flunk a student if they can not read it.

Invitations will be in cursive and so many adults will not be able to read them...

I'll betcha that elite private schools are and will continue teaching cursive. Dont sit back and let your kids get handicapped. Teach them cursive yourself while they are young.

they're not lol

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:06pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down

wow! his penmanship was beautiful!!!Clap

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:12pm
Might as well stop teaching it.

A friend had to write a paragraph in cursive for the GRE terms of agreement not to cheat about 2 years ago. Super smart guy but he was so lost and had to chicken scratch he way through it lol.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:12pm
I think it is best that the younger generation at least learn to read in cursive because many employers are of an older generation.

What if your boss wrote you a handwritten note.......what are you going to do.......go to your boss and say "I can't read"......

Posted By: yaya24
Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:19pm
I prefer typing, but I have really nice cursive & print.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

This reminds me of the video I watched recently of Michael Jackson visiting his old elementary school

He wrote his name on the chalk board and I just remember thinking that in the future, people won't be able to write that nicely. Made me feel kinda sad

34:10

I wish my cursive looked this neat. Mines looks so sloppy

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

LMAO. What are professors writing in cursive?
Everything is power points. 

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by bindy bindy wrote:

I think it is best that the younger generation at least learn to read in cursive because many employers are of an older generation.

What if your boss wrote you a handwritten note.......what are you going to do.......go to your boss and say "I can't read"......

I once had a job where a lot of stuff was really confidential and the CEO didnt want us to email certain things.... At any given time, we would be away from our desk and would leave each other hand written notes like 'see if xyz did abc and if he didnt do wxyz'. My department manager's notes were always in cursive and she was not especially old. Imagine a person that is a new hire that is ofthe younger generation gets the time sensitive note and can not read it...Ouch

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:54pm
I'm going to try writing a paragraph in cursive. I prolly haven't done that since....middle school. I bet I can't even do it lol.

Date Posted: Jul 28 2014 at 11:58pm
I can still write in cursive. IMO, my penmanship is ugly, but oddly, people compliment it. I used to do a lot of calligraphy when i was a kid (also feather quill pens & fountain pens) so i think that i am able to mask the jankiness of my cursive writing with curlycues, flourishes and broad strokes LOL I can only write in nice looking cursive when using a really thick ink pen, a fountain pen kinda thickness or a sharpie lol.

I do catch myself combining print & cursive and I think that is b.c I only write in cursive a few times a year. I love reading neat cursive writing. It is beautiful.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:01am

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:08am
wow. Basics of life to be able to write something on a piece of paper and it look nice 

My mercy

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:08am
ok I just tried to write in cursive and failed miserably LOL

and I thought it would be like riding a bike smh

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

ok I just tried to write in cursive and failed miserably LOL

and I thought it would be like riding a bike smh

Me too. Took like 5 minutes to write a paragraph.

Posted By: ivy07
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:20am
Geek writing in cursive handwriting is necessaryClown

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:53am

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by HeyBeautiful18 HeyBeautiful18 wrote:

whaatt.. yall are weird

When I'm writing something to/for myself to jot down.. it's typically a mix of print and cursive... but knowing how to connect the letters makes life so much easier.... especially when in a rush! cursive is easier

losers

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:10am
I write notes to myself in text message shorthand. @ instead of at. Ur instead of Your. 2 instead of two, too, to.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:14am
Yall should post your cursive writing lol

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:15am
I remember my old ass high school teacher was sad they didn't teach shorthand. I had never even heard of it until then

Looks like hieroglyphics..weird

I want to learn

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:18am
I just googled shorthand...looks like sperm writing

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:21am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

Yall should post your cursive writing lol
Along with post your signature, bank, maiden name and current town. For entertainment purposes only of course.Approve

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:22am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I remember my old ass high school teacher was sad they didn't teach shorthand. I had never even heard of it until then

I want to learn

AAAAHHHH when i went to a business school back in the day that was a class on its own...i HATED THAT ISH WITH A PASSION..i never understood of why it had to be done...sh*t just take in a dayum tape recorder and copy it from there is what i said..

when it came time for the short hand tests..me and this girl just got lost after DEAR MISTER and that was it after that....SILENCE...lol

i failed miserably in that class..i was around 22 and these girls were straight out of high school with stuff still fresh in their minds..

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:27am
I bet most on here that love cursive prolly have chicken scratch cursive writing when in a hurry, but they'll take their time to make it look pretty if they upload it.LOL

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:32am
I just looked up shorthand.
Man get that outta here. 

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:45am
short hand looks hard

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:47am

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:57am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Eh! Bpants

Show me what dat "illegible" do Shawdy

-Gkisses

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:59am
LOLLOL

it's "show me what dat mouf do"

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:05am
That don't look like mouth.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:06am
^the "f" looks backwards.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:08am
Thats how I do my cursive S too gk lmao I hate the actual cursive S with a passion

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:12am
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Thats how I do my cursive S too gk lmao I hate the actual cursive S with a passion

Gurl me too ..lol

And yes it was mouf lol

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:17am
Americans are so cute!

I swear!

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:32am
I got it right Approve

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 2:47am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I want to learn

I was a pro at shorthand in HS. I mean a national champ pro. I still have my trophies lol.

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 3:00am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Americans are so cute!

I swear!

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 3:06am

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 3:23am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I just looked up shorthand.
Man get that outta here. 

yes it was extremely hard...had to write words in your steno book like 100 x's  aaaahhh so dreadful...or actually read a written shorthand from the text book...

Print Page | Close Window