Print Page | Close Window

Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372569
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 9:15am


Topic: Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You?
Posted By: indiecat
Subject: Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You?
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:36pm
Video behind link
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/07/watch_espns_stephen_a_smith_and_michelle_beadle_go_to_war_on_twitter_over_ray_rice_comments.html


ESPN's Stephen A. Smith: Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You





ESPN's Stephen A. Smith found himself in hot water on Friday after what he said on "First Take" offended viewers -- including his own colleague, Michelle Beadle.

In the video above, you'll see Smith's rant after Ravens running back Ray Rice was suspended for two games (he knocked out his fiance in an elevator and was caught on surveillance attempting to drag her out of it). Here's what got Beadle and others angry after he said "we know you have no business putting your hands on a woman:" (Here's the full transcript)

"What I've tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what...I've done this all my life, let’s make sure we don’t do anything to provoke wrong actions. Because if I come, or somebody else come, whether it’s law enforcement officials, your brother or the fellas that you know, if we come after somebody has put their hands on you, it doesn't negate the fact that they already put their hands on you. So let’s try to make sure that we can do our part in making sure that that doesn't happen.”








Replies:
Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:41pm
so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:41pm
You can provoke anyone into slapping yo ass...... 


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....


what's going too far depends on the people...some people would never hit their s/o regardless of words.  but him sayin that is insinuating that she did something to provoke the attack.  i think most women beaters have a low threshold.  either you're the type to hit a woman or you're not.  how many guys have only hit one woman in their life?  there's typically a history of violence.


Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:54pm
mind your manners and know your place? 

g.t.f.o.o.h.w.t.s.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....


what's going too far depends on the people...some people would never hit their s/o regardless of words.  but him sayin that is insinuating that she did something to provoke the attack.  i think most women beaters have a low threshold.  either you're the type to hit a woman or you're not.  how many guys have only hit one woman in their life?  there's typically a history of violence.


I didn't read....I made a general statement.....but you do have men that will have a violent relationship with one woman and never put his hands on another.....but you also have men that will abuse any woman...the ones that aren't consistent with the domestic violence are usually with women that are violent...and that typically have violent relationships.....


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:58pm
my mouth has provoked many a woman


Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:01pm
There is nothing that she could have done, short of hitting him herself, that should have caused him (a football player) to assault her. This is inexcusable. 

She has the right to say what ever she wants to him, he doesn't have the right to put his hands on her. 


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:02pm
Was he trying to say that as a woman you can win a fight with a man so if you feel a situation is getting out of hand don't light a fuse.....try to calm the situation because you safety comes first? I get that....but again I didn't read.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....


what's going too far depends on the people...some people would never hit their s/o regardless of words.  but him sayin that is insinuating that she did something to provoke the attack.  i think most women beaters have a low threshold.  either you're the type to hit a woman or you're not.  how many guys have only hit one woman in their life?  there's typically a history of violence.


I didn't read....I made a general statement.....but you do have men that will have a violent relationship with one woman and never put his hands on another.....but you also have men that will abuse any woman...the ones that aren't consistent with the domestic violence are usually with women that are violent...and that typically have violent relationships.....


if the woman is violent then that changes everything...two damaged ppl who like to punch and fawk.  fetish relationship.


Posted By: Wynter
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:05pm
OK, playing devils advocate cause I don't know if it was ever said what caused the knockout.....but if she spit in his face and he ht her without thinking, is that an excuse? Is there ever a justifiable reason?

I'm asking cause spitting at me as any have said, would make me black out.



Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Was he trying to say that as a woman you can win a fight with a man so if you feel a situation is getting out of hand don't light a fuse.....try to calm the situation because you safety comes first? I get that....but again I didn't read.


this video is completely out of context




Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:09pm
I don't think I provoked anything when I was abused. My abuser got mad easily, he would snap if I annoyed him. he also would frequently misunderstand what I was saying and not hear me out. He would manipulate my words and get in my face and abuse. Or sometimes he would say something just awful and I would say something back and it would keep going back and forth. I never hit him for saying mean things, I just cried or I left the house. abusers don't need to be provoked, they often provoke themselves. They are controlling and they control what provokes them.


It's funny because the abusers father (an abused himself with a record of domestic violence on his wife-went to court over it and had to take classes) said I was provoking his son when I called him up for help and asked him to talk to his son. he and his son laughed at the situation. It won't matter what you do. I tried not to "provoke". The abuser will find a way to beat you and you will be walking in eggshells.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:10pm
I won't say you were provoking him but you have to take responsibility for the fact that you have a habit of picking terrible men....no shade.....


Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:10pm
I didn't view the video btw, it won't show on my phone


Posted By: Wynter
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Was he trying to say that as a woman you can win a fight with a man so if you feel a situation is getting out of hand don't light a fuse.....try to calm the situation because you safety comes first? I get that....but again I didn't read.


This is what I think he was saying. Look, you know your man and what may be that one thing that will make him lose his head. So chill before it goes there. I don't think he was referring to everyday domestic violence.

Etf: Don't want the grammar/spelling police to get me.


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:12pm
I'll just observe this one...*sits back and puts feet up*


Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:13pm
Rihanna




50 page puusshhhhhh


Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:15pm
^^^^ I'm sorry that happened to you indie. Ouch

I'm not giving that animal the benefit of the doubt......

Maybe he just hit her because he just is an abusive man. Anybody who has ever been with one can vouch for the fact that they RARELY require any provocation. 




Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:15pm
And on some real sh*t my mom never provoked my dad he just beat the sh*t outta her because he wanted to, sad son of a bish I'll see you on your deathbed


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:16pm
if i feel like a man is about to hit me i will not verbally dare him to do it or like Wynter said, spit on him.  some women are drawn to that dysfunctional and abusive shyt and for other women they happen to be with someone who has triggers all over the place for no reason.

and i FIRMLY believe CB has tendencies that have seeped into his current relationship.  he is a clear example of cray cray.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:16pm
I feel like if all your men are abusive or aint shyt....you gotta step back and say....fuk am I doing......Im not excusing him but if you step back and say " Oh no thanx...this nicca cray cray" he can move on and beat someone else......that aint you....


Y'all aint gotta sit....im finna hit the shower and pop out.....


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:19pm
I listened. Some of what he said...we should learn about 'elements of provocation' & he said some men are woman beaters naturally and some men are provoked by women to beat. Stern Smile

I think he should have just stuck to talking about how the NFL was light on this whack 2 game suspension and shushed.


*sits besides BB with some Stephen A Smith unprovoking tea*


Posted By: Wynter
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:31pm
Ok, I'm not gonna say anymore but his wife apologizing for her "role in that night" kinda backs what Stephen is saying.


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:35pm
Her husband had her flopping like a damn fish out of water.
Only two games?
That's all?


The NFL is disgusting and so is Ray Rice

And I'm disgusted with her for marrying him.
Call it victim blaming if you wish


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:40pm
Wait isn't this the incident where is spat in his face? 

Yeah....you spit in my face I'm gonna knock your shyt in....igafmf


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:50pm
^I'd say you'd be in jail for a long time for assault but in reality you'd only get a diversion program for knocking a mofo out, a public apology from your victim and you'd never have to apologize to your victim. Word to Ray.Dead


Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

OK, playing devils advocate cause I don't know if it was ever said what caused the knockout.....but if she spit in his face and he ht her without thinking, is that an excuse? Is there ever a justifiable reason?

I'm asking cause spitting at me as any have said, would make me black out.



This is definitely a justifiable punch/slap, IMO

But, I think daring a dude to hit you is fine. Imagine being in a heated argument with your bf and he bucks up/flinches at you.. I think the natural reaction (assuming he hasnt been violent thus far) is to become furious and dare him to hit you


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

^I'd say you'd be in jail for a long time for assault but in reality you'd only get a diversion program for knocking a mofo out, a public apology from your victim and you'd never have to apologize to your victim. Word to Ray.Dead


Shiiiiiiid spit is assault too.....we'd be in that bish together.Stern Smile


Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:26pm
I have a friend that would get in her bf's face, get loud & aggressive then dare him to hit her.
He hit her every time. After hearing that same sad story for the 3rd time I had no advice to offer. 
All I could do was SMH, hug her, keep quiet & wait for the next story.

It truly is sad.


Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:35pm
id definitely tell a guy that i wish tf he would hit me. id get in his face and all that. 
well… it depends. i wouldnt get in my exes face.. but id tell him that if he ever hit me he better knock me unconscious.

i can be cray… i need to know if a guy would take it there with me ever. 
ill take a punch to dodge a future bullet. 

i think most guys would just end up walking away from me though. i think they know that im an arguer… dont do it. 

my ex walked away from me a few times or if he couldnt he would just drop me off
and he has a temper….


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 10:43pm
You can provoke me to meet your maker if you hit me .


Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I won't say you were provoking him but you have to take responsibility for the fact that you have a habit of picking terrible men....no shade.....


I agree, I have chosen awful men. this one, he presented himself as someone he was not. I was in the abusive cycle and that damn honeymoon phase.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:01pm


Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 11:22pm
Its sad that this even has to be a discussion. Grown ups should know to keep their hands to themselves....men and women.


Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 5:11am
Men ...they gotta know that if a woman is jumping in your face provoking you...daring you to hit them. It ain't cause they're gonna kick your ass. It's because they're daring you to catch a case when they call the cops on your ass.

Women gone act like they don't provoke some situations but I've seen different.

And just to be clear i'm speaking on a regular couple with an average argument that got out of hand. Not an abusive relationship where all it takes is you breathing as provocation.

and let me say it again for the folks who gone skim and not get errything...And just to be clear i'm speaking on a regular couple with an average argument that got out of hand. Not an abusive relationship where all it takes is you breathing as provocation.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 5:13am


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:30am
isnt blame inherent in the word provoke.


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Its sad that this even has to be a discussion. Grown ups should know to keep their hands to themselves....men and women.

This is the first thing you learn in kindergarten. preschool
If you are with someone  who gets loud and in your face and dares you to hit them, think about your awful choice in mates. 


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

isnt blame inherent in the word provoke.
Yup, it is.

I don't care if you scream, yell, have bad taste in men etc, doesn't give anyone the right to hit you.

And yea, Rays suspension was way too short.


Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 9:35am
so provocation and hitting someone aren't as mutually exclusive as i previously believed? oh ok. 

here i thought that people had to make the personal decision to react to someone regardless of what the other person did. hmmm... 

then again, bhm has also taught me that, as a man, if she hits first, no need to reasonably try to restrain her. just lay into her fully. crack her right in the face to calm her down. 


Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by Wynter Wynter wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Was he trying to say that as a woman you can win a fight with a man so if you feel a situation is getting out of hand don't light a fuse.....try to calm the situation because you safety comes first? I get that....but again I didn't read.


This is what I think he was saying. Look, you know your man and what may be that one thing that will make him lose his head. So chill before it goes there. I don't think he was referring to everyday domestic violence.

Etf: Don't want the grammar/spelling police to get me.


This is what I got too. He's not saying it's right to hit or be hit. I think he's saying that although I will come and I will protect you AFTER the fact. You still got hit before I made it, and that doesn't go away because I jumped on him. In order to minimize it for us all, don't put yourself in that situation. Most of the time there's a progression before the abuse starts. You have to recognize that progression and get out. Some people are beaters that's just who they are. You have to choose not to be with that type or person, and if you stay knowing who they are, you need to choose not to let it progress to where you get beat.


Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:27am
personal accountability just makes some people automatically defensive. it's not the same as victim blaming.

I don't like the word provoke though. it just sounds like you're shifting all the blame on one person. as if they asked for it & deserved it.



Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:36am
5 pages? The title of this thread is so outrageous that I didn't even bother peaking in but now I may have to read from page 1. Were people agreeing with this foolishness?


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:52am
Jesus. I need to systematically listen to my instincts. Elements of provocation... So it's one of those threads, huh? *exits in disgust*


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:57am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

my mouth has provoked many a woman
did you provoke your stabbing?


Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:59am
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....
 
Agree.
 
It doesn't take provocation (at least, direct provocation, in this instance I'm about to describe) to incite an attack:  Wife knows temperamental husband's schedule and always has dinner prepared just as he walks in the door.  He has a bad day at work, decides to leave early without telling her, she has no idea he's about to come home hours earlier, and dinner's not ready.  He loses his sh*t and attacks her--claiming it's for not having dinner prepared when it's really just an excuse to take work-related frustration out on her.
 
But, when I see women getting all up in men's faces, and attempting to emasculate them in public, I just be as far away as possible staring like
 
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/sht.gif
 
Even the most even-tempered people can have a 'nam flashback, and snatch your sh*t on up and out if you say the right (or wrong) words, and bring up sh*t that's better left buried.  I won't say the person doing the "provocation" is right to get they ass beat, but I will say they are pretty much laying the f'n groundwork for it to happen.  It ain't right, but it might just could happen.


Posted By: phattrabbit
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 11:16am
This is complete BULLsh*t bc the same woman who is supposed to refrain from and restrain her natural reactions to the foolishness that her man is "provoking" her with is being asked to cater to her partners natural reactions to get physical with her or whatever he's gonna do.  But, he could very well do the same if he knows what upsets her or causes her to get argumentative. I don't think someone would just spit on someone or argue with someone, get all up in their face, if not first "provoked".  So really all this sh*t is relative to the person. Every action has a reaction and nobody should have to walk on eggshells or be a doormat simply because someone else has a lack of self-control to the point that they must put hands on you. This is America. Freedom of Speech.

Years ago during the slave day and after when everything was "separate but equal", Black people were able to exercise an unthinkable amount of self control bc the alternative was being tarred, feathered, and left looking like Emmit Till.  I guess jail time is not enough for folk these days. Maybe the threat of a good hanging with your genitalia removed and placed in your own mouth is the only thing that will do it. *Kanye Shrug*


Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 11:32am
Stern Smile  I don't know how I always forget how far we still have to go.  

http://www.thehotline.org/" rel="nofollow - http://www.thehotline.org/


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by indiecat indiecat wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I won't say you were provoking him but you have to take responsibility for the fact that you have a habit of picking terrible men....no shade.....


I agree, I have chosen awful men. this one, he presented himself as someone he was not. I was in the abusive cycle and that damn honeymoon phase.
Indie you need to stop blaming yourself . You can date/ marry the best man in the world and get hit without warning . NVM . I hope you teach your beautiful daughter to stand up against anyone . Please stop with the you pick the wrong man . I think most members have met a dog undercover . Leaves topic . You are a grown woman with a child . I just hate to see how you blame yourself over the years .


Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 12:11pm
what is provoking?

an argument?
raising ur voice?
him suspecting ur cheating?
throwing hot grits on him?
killing his dog?
who gets to decide?


when we say women can provoke their own beatings, we give abusive men the right to abuse us. they can then go back and justify why they HAD to do it instead of us focusing on the fact that its wrong. abuse is left open to interpretation and I don't think most women wanna go down that road. its all good to see it from a (abusive) mans point of view until one day ur on the other end of that fist. you're not so much of a good woman who knows better that someone cant lay hands on u

im glad men like that don't have the good sense to be quiet. now you see the guys who say it and the guys who openly agree with him are the ones who will whip ur ass if u do something he don't like


Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

so provocation and hitting someone aren't as mutually exclusive as i previously believed? oh ok. 

here i thought that people had to make the personal decision to react to someone regardless of what the other person did. hmmm... 

then again, bhm has also taught me that, as a man, if she hits first, no need to reasonably try to restrain her. just lay into her fully. crack her right in the face to calm her down. 
Dead


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

what is provoking?

an argument?
raising ur voice?
him suspecting ur cheating?
throwing hot grits on him?
killing his dog?
who gets to decide?





i know bhm says men should never put hands on a woman or women in any circumstance, but eh, i aint mad




Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:04pm
So much unnecessary behavior in that video. Was that his girl? Why did he come flying out of left field throwing punches? He couldn't have dragged oh girl to safety without taking out four chics?

Had they stomped his ass out, he would have deserved every bit of it. By then it would be self defense anyway


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:07pm
I''m tryna imagine a nicca physically assaulting me and then making this face


I'd be stabbing his ass like I just saw him in the Bates motel shower. LOL.


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:10pm




Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Its sad that this even has to be a discussion. Grown ups should know to keep their hands to themselves....men and women.


Yes!!!


Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 2:23pm
Ive seen people being provoked by words or a look people just want a reason to pop off.
As for that video everyone in that video deserved to get slapped up it doesn't take a gang of chicks to fight one girl it wasn't a fair fight so that's what happens when you play dirty.


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:00pm
How is what he saying related ti the story at hand? I haven't seen this elevator footage of this football player so what is he saying provoked that attack. Was she solanging or summin.


Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:08pm
She admitted to spitting on him gkisses


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

She admitted to spitting on him gkisses




Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 4:14pm
wow that sure makes this thread interesting.




Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 4:20pm
I feel like spitting on someone literally means you want them to hit you..and I wouldn't even argue that hitting someone always means you want them to hit you back..but spitting...

It doesn't mean you want them to spit back, cry, walk, away, etc. You WANT them to fight. I know this in my heart and soul.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Men ...they gotta know that if a woman is jumping in your face provoking you...daring you to hit them. It ain't cause they're gonna kick your ass. It's because they're daring you to catch a case when they call the cops on your ass.

Women gone act like they don't provoke some situations but I've seen different.


And just to be clear i'm speaking on a regular couple with an average argument that got out of hand. Not an abusive relationship where all it takes is you breathing as provocation.

and let me say it again for the folks who gone skim and not get errything...And just to be clear i'm speaking on a regular couple with an average argument that got out of hand. Not an abusive relationship where all it takes is you breathing as provocation.


All of this....but especially the bold.....


Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:41pm





Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:44pm
if you spit on someone and they retaliate then you might as well keep it moving and never tell anyone about it.  Also, end the relationship cuz y'all ngas must hate each other.



Eta: but straight up knocking a woman out is still extreme to me...a woman u want to marry??


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:45pm
Spitting on people is disgusting....Male or female, you need your ass whopped for that.


Posted By: JasmineE02
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 6:54pm
Can it stop being okay once he drags her unconscious body into an elevator and drops her on the floor when they reach the bottom?


Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 7:09pm
I guess that's unacceptable


Posted By: TOUSHA11
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 7:13pm
How you respond to things matter and a man or woman can control themselves if they want. Adults should no matter what no when to walk away.Physical violence is not answer. That football player was wrong but it does not matter because she married him anyway so if he hit her again it's her own issue she stayed.


Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 5:14am
He was gonna beat you regardless


Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 7:49am
I believe a woman can provoke a man into anger. I believe a man can provoke a woman into anger as well. But the transition from anger to physical violence is a choice. I don't have an ounce of sympathy or compassion for a person who uses being provoked as an excuse.


Posted By: phattrabbit
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 7:55am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I believe a woman can provoke a man into anger. I believe a man can provoke a woman into anger as well. But the transition from anger to physical violence is a choice. I don't have an ounce of sympathy or compassion for a person who uses being provoked as an excuse.

^This! period.


Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 9:21am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I believe a woman can provoke a man into anger. I believe a man can provoke a woman into anger as well. But the transition from anger to physical violence is a choice. I don't have an ounce of sympathy or compassion for a person who uses being provoked as an excuse.

This needs to be stitched on a pillow. 

He should have had her ass arrested for spitting on him.


Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:06pm
Get spit on and I bet the last thing that comes to mind is pressing charges.....


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:17pm
welp



Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jul 27 2014 at 12:45pm
I made a statement similar in an unpopular opinion thread a while back and pretty much got e-jumped


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 6:56am




whoopi goldberg dropping that heat rock, lmao @ the other women up there. i love it.


Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 7:05am
Whoopi "it wasn't rape-rape" Goldberg


Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 7:06am

I agree with Whoopi there Pinch.

My friend would punch her bf in the face & scratch him up, then act like a surprised damsel in distress when he beat her. Both parties were wrong.
 
You can't expect the same reaction from everyone.
 
How is it that if a woman assaults a man first, he isnt considered a victim, but she is?
Doesnt that make 2 victims in the situation?


Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 9:31am
i knew he would have to apologize after using the word provoke.  you really cant call yourself a journalist without making good use of a dictionary.




Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:11am
When it comes to women's issues, Whoopi needs to STFU. It's amazing to me how one person can be so insightful and so damn stupid at the same damn time. She's like two people. Or 3 or 4.


Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:54am
I didn't have a problem with what Steven A Smith said to begin with.
The word "Provoke" was probably not the best choice of words but I think he was speaking
more to his experience of growing up with 4 rowdy sisters.


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 10:58am
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

When it comes to women's issues, Whoopi needs to STFU. It's amazing to me how one person can be so insightful and so damn stupid at the same damn time. She's like two people. Or 3 or 4.


so you disagree with what one of the original queens of comedy, whoopi goldberg said ? 


Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 11:08am
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

When it comes to women's issues, Whoopi needs to STFU. It's amazing to me how one person can be so insightful and so damn stupid at the same damn time. She's like two people. Or 3 or 4.


so you disagree with what one of the original queens of comedy, whoopi goldberg said ? 


She needs to STFU with her rapey rapey ass. Even Celie raised dem fingers at the end.


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 11:17am
I don't like Steven Smith he so artificial. He says crap and nuttin yet Rob Parker gets fired . ca'monnnnn


Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 11:19am
So has anyone here ever actually been in a fight? Now some of y'all don't seem to know the meaning of provocation?


Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I don't like Steven Smith he so artificial. He says crap and nuttin yet Rob Parker gets fired . ca'monnnnn


I agree.
I miss Uncle Rob


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:06pm
what did whoopie say that you all disagree with ? and what is this rapey reference ?

"If you hit a man he may hit you back" is victim blaming ? not everyone can be jay-z




Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 12:57pm
Bunz you ever hit a woman?


Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:01pm
I agree with part of what she said, girls do grow up believing they can do whatever they want to boys because "boys shouldn't hit girls" I got away wih ALOT" as a kid because the boys had respect enough never to hit me back. The one time a guy did punch me back was the last time I ever fought with a guy (crazy part is I just stepped on him by mistake)


Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

what did whoopie say that you all disagree with ? and what is this rapey reference ?

"If you hit a man he may hit you back" is victim blaming ? not everyone can be jay-z




Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Bunz you ever hit a woman?
lmao, have you read my post ? ive been hit by women and stabbed twice, and walked away. 

im a victim Ouch


Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:15pm
I fought a boy in middle school. That was the last time I laid hands. He fought back but slammed his head off the table and got in dat azz. His parents tried to get me expelled. I got in school suspension. Last time he ever called me a bish. He tried to holla in h.s too.




Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

So has anyone here ever actually been in a fight? Now some of y'all don't seem to know the meaning of provocation?
Yes with my first love and I work with DV . Like my mother told my brother . "Get in your dang car and drive away .

Never hit a woman . Men are made different as you know , no matter how you are built . The fool tried to slap me . Curtis never had children . RIP . I was not responsible for his death . My husband never hit me in over 30 years and I talk a lot mess sometimes . I am not saying hubby is incapable . I would file for divorce the same day .

I would never hit a man , unless he made a attempt on my life . God gave me a voice and my father raise me . I wish a fool would due to what comes out my mouth . I say all this for women and men . Leave without placing your hands on a person . My dear ill brother ex wife tried her best to make Eric hit her to divorce and get the house/momey . Thank God he divorce and never hit that heffa   


Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

I got away wih ALOT" as a kid because the boys had respect enough never to hit me back.





Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:23pm
I got bullied by a girl in 6th grade band class. And yes, we fought. And I still get clowned to this day by my middle school friends.

We'll be chilling, watching a football game or talking about dating or career stuff and it's usually my friend Quan that brings it up.

"Aye, remember when Random got into a fight with that girl in the lunch room and she pushed him on the table?"

Everyone that was there: "Oh yeah I remember that!!!!"

Anybody who wasn't there: "Random got into a fight with a girl?"

Quan "And she pushed his ass on the lunch table."

Me:


Not hitting a girl really got me in trouble cuz I tried to shield her punch so she just rushed me like we were playing football.



Crazy how the entire thing got exaggerated. By 8th grade the story was I got body slammed on a table like she was Stone Cold Steve Austin and I was Vince McMahon. SMH, it wasn't really a fight...she pushed me on the table and then it got broke up. LOL.................Cry


Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:28pm
I used to fight little boys all the time when I was a little girl myself. 
This one kid told me my eyebrows are so thick you could cornrow them.. I was so quick to start throwing punchs at his ass. The counselor had to get me off of him.

Anyway, the point is, that pretty much stopped as I grew up. I don't respect adults that don't have any more restraint than kids do. By the time I was 14 I wasn't laying my hands on anyone that didn't touch me first. Can't no one control my fits but myself.


Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

Bunz you ever hit a woman?
lmao, have you read my post ? ive been hit by women and stabbed twice, and walked away. 

im a victim Ouch
I am going to spank your hands unless you help me with Windows 8.1 . Wonderful you never hit women . Lucky woman that stabbed you . Awful .



Print Page | Close Window