Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372562
Printed Date: Jul 20 2018 at 9:29pm

Topic: Hair from India
Posted By: PeachyPlum
Subject: Hair from India
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 2:12pm
I'd like to share with all of you my recent purchase.
I recently purchased some hair from India, paid and received it all in under a week (pretty impressive).
OK, so I last used some good original virgin Indian hair 3-4 years ago, I dont even know if I can tell the difference between Indian hair and CV hair anymore LOL.

I purchased the hair (made a payment) last week Thursday (17.07), the shipment was made on Tuesday (22/07), I received it on Thursday (24/07).
Like any purchase from India, I paid via Western Union ($825) for 9 x 16 inches and 2 x 20 inches straight weft hair and 4 x 20 inches bulk hair.

THIS SELLER ACCEPTS WESTERN UNION AND BANK WIRE TRANSFERS ONLY! THE MINIMUM ORDER IS 1 KG (10 BUNDLES).

Communication with the seller was good, especially before I made the payment, after that, I didnt communicate with him much (Indian sellers are like car salesmen, they sweeten you up to close the deal and not even a hi after you've made the payment) LOL.

In all honesty, with all the scams going on in the world, I thought I'd lost my money, but I stopped panicking and thought, I'll give him time to come through.
I wish after payment, they atleast acknowledge receiving the money after collecting from Western Union and give you details on your order (when it will be processed or sent out etc).
I guess customer service isnt like what it is in England in the rest of the world.

I've washed 2 of the 20inch bundles I was sceptical about, no shed, no dye, all seems good with them.

From what I see, it definitely is Indian Hair, but not Virgin Indian Hair.

PICTURESSS!!!!

Replies:
Posted By: pepsi25
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 2:49pm
Not Bad, Did you order all Straight hair?

Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:07pm
Yea, on the weft, although the bulk was/ is supposed to be wavy. I'll see how it gets after a cowash.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:37pm
I only wear Indian hair . I think you have the silky virgin or China mix. Waits for update . Thanks for sharing .

Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 5:53pm
This hair is definitely stronger, the strands are thicker compared to the strands on the bundles you get from Chinese Vendors.
I'll install it this following weekend and update you.

My next purchase will be some Uzbek hair from El-Milano, test out the hype.

Posted By: PerfectDiva
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:24pm
Oooooohhhh pretty!

Posted By: realvirginhair
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:54pm
Hair looks nice. May I ask why you say it is not Virgin or did you request Indian Hair only?
Thanks

Posted By: Lindabbgirl
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:49pm
thanks

Posted By: christineAbby
Date Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:50pm
-  http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Brazilian Hair is the most sought after hair on the market, it is coarse in texture and heavy in density.  It comes in styles of naturally straight, wavy or curly.  The colors are usually in black or off black to rich brown.   http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Brazilian Hair is good if you want thick, bouncy hair.  The hair is good for blending in with Afro-Caribbean and this is why a lot of Afro-Caribbean women go for this hair, not only that it comes in a variety of styles and is very versatile.  A point to note anything lighter than color2 or 4.

http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Indian Hair is good if you want shiny, straight hair.  It is very easy to straighten Indian hair.  The hair is thick and coarse.  The virgin  http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Indian Hair comes in dark colors and can have extremely long lengths.   http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Indian Hair is good if you want to do straight, sleek and shiny hair styles.  Do not use this hair if you want body or bounce.

http://www.amazon.com/b?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&Code=ur2&node=11057241&site-redirect=&tag=haircon08--20 - Peruvian Hair is very difficult to source this is why it is more expensive than other hair on the market.  If you like extremely thick hair and lighter brown colors, then Peruvian hair is the hair for you.  It will provide you with the strength, body of Brazilian hair with the smoothness of European hair.  Be careful to not buy too many packs of Peruvian hair, as it will look overfull and square.  The hair lays thick so you will need less bundles to give the desire effect.

Posted By: HaitianBeauty_
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 7:37am
Nice... Looking forward to an update. Thanks for sharing!

Posted By: thickblkbarbie
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:16am
Beautiful hair

Posted By: PerfectDiva
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 10:19am
Did you find your vendor on Tradeindia? What makes you say it's not virgin hair?

Posted By: ILOVEBEYONCE
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 12:46pm
I think that hair is nice !

Posted By: jeli20
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 1:48pm
Cool! 825 is a little pricey for 1 1/2 kilos of non virgin hair. Is that what was requested?

Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: Jul 26 2014 at 5:25pm
This hair looks really pretty. I have been wanted to test out some Virgin Indian Hair for the longest but I am always so nervous about sending my hard earned money via Western Union since it offers really no type of buyer protection. Just cant take that type of loss. But I am glad your order worked out for you. Cant wait to see updated pictures of the hair.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:24pm
I was on the London Underground the other day, and I was looking at Indian women and what their hair looks like, I realised it looks the same as the one I received.
I have washed, straightened and curled to see how it behaves, so far I'm impressed, I'm yet to install it though once I find the perfect closure.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:26pm
I requested Virgin Indian hair. To be honest, I can't tell the difference anymore because I'm so used to using hair of mediocre quality they call virgin Brazilian or Virgin Peruvian hair, but I definitely know this hair has better and stronger weft and good ends.

The price was pretty decent and the bundles are thick too.

Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 5:28pm
I found the vendor on instgram first, then watched his YouTube videos and his page on Facebook. He's also on trade India.

Posted By: HaitianBeauty_
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 6:25pm

Posted By: tmrockville
Date Posted: Jul 29 2014 at 8:47pm
Looks nice and see some waves too.

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 7:02am
Originally posted by abhair expert abhair expert wrote:

thanks for your sharing,but i want to know  what is the difference between indian hair  and virgin india hair,which one is better ? several month ago,i also bought  22 inches curly virgin india hair from abhair.com , if yours are better,i want to have a try!
Ouch ...this is why u need to change your hustle and stop spamming threadsConfused

Posted By: hotpinktoes
Date Posted: Jul 30 2014 at 10:44pm
It looks really good I started researching vendors on Trade India. Your pictures give me hope *crosses fingers*

Posted By: allthingslavish
Date Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 12:25am
Hi! I was just wondering when you ordered your hair from India did it smell like moth balls? I just received an order today from a vendor I am testing out and it reeked of mothballs. moth balls

Date Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 1:32am
The hair I bought just smells of shampoo.

Posted By: Indyflaunt
Date Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 10:00am
Hi, 

The hair looks good! You really got lucky on this buy. I have spent a lot of money trying to find the best hair for weaving. It is either too expensive, not as they described or has cheap quality. I am tying to find what's best - all kinds of weave. So, I created this survey to help narrow down my search for the best hair in the world! If you get a chance, please take my survey: 

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1749873/Hair-Extension-Survey

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Aug 01 2014 at 11:40am
Originally posted by allthingslavish allthingslavish wrote:

Hi! I was just wondering when you ordered your hair from India did it smell like moth balls? I just received an order today from a vendor I am testing out and it reeked of mothballs. moth balls

Yup I found a place that had a tradeindia aliexpress, own website look very reputable and the hair is good I'm going to reuse it. But, my mom said it smells straight like mothballs, idk how those smell, but yeah.
They just sent me an email saying they got some healthy hair this season

Date Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 8:12am
Hi,

No, I have not ordered any hair from outside of the United States. The last hair I ordered came from California. It was okay...but, everytime I order it I have a 50/50 chance that it will be the same hair, although it has the same packaging. Why did you pick Aliexpress? How are their prices?

Thanks!

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 8:33am
Your location is a dead give away lol . ^^^ Tired of the cheap spammers !!

Date Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 8:41am
Hi,

No, I am not a spammer. I have been wearing hair extensions for nearly 30 years....all kinds. But, not the perfect kind that transitions with me over the years.

Posted By: Rumqueen
Date Posted: Aug 03 2014 at 9:07pm
I ordered hair from India once about a year ago. 
The WORST hair ever! I made it work for a month or two but it 
tangled sooo bad and after a month my 4 bundles looked like 2. =(
I was gullible in thinking that ordering directly from India was a guarantee for 
good hair. Cry

Posted By: LynnNyc
Date Posted: Aug 04 2014 at 9:38am
No guarantees now.  CV, IV, or AV, it's all Russian roulette with your money; hit or miss.

Print Page | Close Window