Print Page | Close Window

11-Year-Old Scores Higher Than Einstein on Mensa

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372415
Printed Date: Nov 24 2017 at 3:39am

Topic: 11-Year-Old Scores Higher Than Einstein on Mensa
Posted By: tatee
Subject: 11-Year-Old Scores Higher Than Einstein on Mensa
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:17am

Romford boy, 11, with higher IQ than Einstein asked to join Mensa

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.3592792.1399622058%21/image/1301221307.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_630/1301221307.jpg" rel="nofollow"> Ramarni Wilfred has been invited to join Mensa
Ramarni Wilfred has been invited to join Mensa

mailto:Hayley.Anderson@archant.co.uk" rel="nofollow - by Hayley Anderson Friday, May 9, 2014
7:00 AM

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/romford_boy_11_with_higher_iq_than_einstein_asked_to_join_mensa_1_3592244" rel="nofollow - -

Ramarni Wilfred, of Loom Grove, Romford, took a Mensa test and has been told he has a higher IQ level than Steven Hawking, Bill Gates and even Albert Einstein.

He said: “I can’t begin to compare myself to these great men whose hard work clearly proves that they are true geniuses.

“Who knows? Perhaps my ‘true genius’ moment will come when I grow up but for now I am just proud of myself and happy that my mum and sister are proud of me too.”

Ramarni, his mum and older sister moved to Romford two years ago but it was a lot earlier that his mum Anthea started to realise there was something a little special about her son.

Anthea, 37, said: “By the time he was three he could read and write and from 18 months we discussed the news and his favourite book was an encyclopaedia!”

Ramarni was part of the gifted and talented programme, a scheme to develop the abilities of more able pupils, as well as the Brilliant Club. It is a programme for those aged 10-16 who come from less privileged backgrounds, held at St Anthony’s Primary School, in Upton Avenue, Forest Gate.

After being invited to a graduation ceremony at Oxford University after writing an essay awarded a 2:1, he was then invited to take an IQ test at Birbeck University.

But it was to his surprise, he was given an IQ of 162, placing him in the top 1 per cent in the UK. Ramarni said: “I was surprised and very happy when I read the results of my IQ test as I didn’t feel very confident ­after completing the test.

“I was the youngest person there and some people looked in their 40’s!”

Mensa’s chief executive, John Stevenage, said: “Ramarni’s score shows he has great potential and we are pleased to welcome him to Mensa.

“We hope he will enjoy being part of the society and interacting with fellow members.”

As a member, Ramarni will now be invited to exclusive events and will be able to mix with people of his own age with the same interests as himself.

He added: “I don’t really see having a high IQ as a big deal but I do feel very privileged to be invited to join Mensa and can’t wait to ­attend some of the events.”

http://www.romfordrecorder.co.uk/news/romford_boy_11_with_higher_iq_than_einstein_asked_to_join_mensa_1_3592244

Replies:
Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:49am
Thumbs Up

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 11:52am
Great job!!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 12:02pm
Essex ends !

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 12:04pm
AmazingClap

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 12:05pm
Heart hope to hear more about him in the future

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 12:29pm
a humble genius my heart is melting and swelling with pride at the same time 

Can't wait to see how his "true genius" manifests itself

Posted By: eleisha26
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 5:03pm
thats awesome!!! i love hearing about our smart kids!!!

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 5:06pm

wonderful!!

I would love an update as the years go on..he sounds promising!

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 5:08pm
when i started reading this.. i had to scroll back up like hold on how old is he again?? plus with a british accent… 

Quote He said: “I can’t begin to compare myself to these great men whose hard work clearly proves that they are true geniuses.

“Who knows? Perhaps my ‘true genius’ moment will come when I grow up but for now I am just proud of myself and happy that my mum and sister are proud of me too.”

but anywho, thats amazing Clap  i cant wait to see where hes at by 15/16 

i wonder how intelligent his parents are.. and if people are just born that way or if its something she did while carrying him. 

Posted By: bindy
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:30pm
Clap

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:40pm
Congrats Clap

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:49pm
Awesome

Posted By: leftywefty
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 6:59pm
wow…have any bhm members taken an IQ test? I've always wondered how it's possible to measure an IQ based on one paper/computer based assessment.

Posted By: smartgirl88
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 7:33pm
Dude looks like tuvok from startrek voyager.

Interesting fact: geena davis from thelma and louise is also a member of mensa.

Congrats to him.

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 19 2014 at 7:39pm
I am going to save his name and search for him 10 years from now... he is destined for big thingsStar

Print Page | Close Window