Print Page | Close Window

BHM Advice: Man burns house to kill spider

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372341
Printed Date: Dec 10 2018 at 2:26pm

Topic: BHM Advice: Man burns house to kill spider
Posted By: tatee
Subject: BHM Advice: Man burns house to kill spider
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 4:49pm

Man Tries to Kill a Spider and Ends Up Burning His House Down

• http://time.com/author/samantha-grossman/" rel="nofollow - Samantha Grossman https://twitter.com/sam_grossman" rel="nofollow - @sam_grossman

And after all that, it's not even clear if the spider died

A man who apparently took the expression “kill it with fire” just a tad too literally caused his house to go up in flames after he attempted to kill a spider with a lighter and a can of spray paint.

He spotted the eight-legged intruder in the laundry room of his West Seattle home Tuesday evening and promptly went after it, local ABC affiliate KOMO http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Man-tries-to-kill-spider-with-spray-paint-and-lighter-burns-down-house-267285431.html" rel="nofollow - reports . Firefighters arrived at the scene and eventually extinguished the blaze, but the fire had already caused significant damage. It will cost around $40,000 to repair the house and another $20,000 to repair or replace the items inside.

We’d like to take this opportunity to advise people to STOP DOING THIS. This http://time.com/2941320/kansas-woman-sets-house-on-fire-to-kill-spider/" rel="nofollow - keeps happening . Do not use fire to kill bugs. Don’t do it. Just say no.

You’re probably thinking, Well, at least the fire must have killed the spider! Ha-ha-ha! But no. Nobody can confirm if the spider survived or not. So basically, this spider could have gotten out alive and then watched the house burn from the safety of a nearby tree, probably petting a white cat and laughing maniacally.

Replies:
Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 4:57pm
I don't blame him.LOL

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 5:03pm
the spider prolly walked out of there unharmed

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 5:10pm
I can't laugh at him

Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 5:17pm
lol @ pretty sure. I'd need to the charred remains before I went back inside LOL.

================================
quote from fireman: "I'm pretty sure the spider did not survive this fire. The whole wall went."

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 6:09pm
LOL Joe should read this LOL

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 6:20pm
LOL the spider won.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

LOL Joe should read this LOL

Lol my thoughts when I read the title. Joe, that you??

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:22pm
this is ridiculous!   wtf?????????????????????????

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:35pm
how big was the spider?
depending on how big it was I totally agree with what he did

Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:38pm
are yall serious????????????  you would light a fire indoors (not in a fireplace or on/in a stove) to "attempt" to kill a f*cking bug?????Stern Smile

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:41pm

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

are yall serious????????????  you would light a fire indoors (not in a fireplace or on/in a stove) to "attempt" to kill a f*cking bug?????Stern Smile

Yeah I don't get that. Just use a shoe.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:52pm

I don't do bugs...I feel his pain.

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 7:59pm
Gosh. Im terrified my damn self. I hurt myself badly trying to run from a spider

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 8:10pm
I can think of more than a couple alternatives to burning the house down.

Call an exterminator? Sleep @ a hotel? A friend's house?

Waaaaaay cheaper than replacing an ENTIRE HOUSELOL

Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 8:10pm
geezus. i would hate to live next door to someone who would actually light a fire inside and possibly burn the whole neighborhood down "trying" to kill an insect.  i can't even begin to relate to such ridiculousness.....lol

Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

I can think of more than a couple alternatives to burn the house down.

Call an exterminator? Sleep @ a hotel? A friend's house?

Waaaaaay cheaper than replacing an ENTIRE HOUSELOL

good lort.  it makes you wonder don't it...LOLStern SmileGeek

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 8:26pm
LOL...that's some mess i would do if i saw a spider or snake in my house.
after taking my bags and shoes out of course. 

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 9:35pm
Ha I remember one time I got off work then picked my girl up from work...I was starving, hadn't eaten anything all day and we decided we wanted to get takeout from this one place we love getting food from...boy we ordered nearly everything we liked off the menu...I was gonna go in when we got home! We live in an apartment complex so we had to walk up some steps when we got home. I was carrying some misc sh*t, I forget what, maybe some books from school or something, but anyway she was tasked with carrying that delicious food we'd driven 30 minutes to and from to get.

We get to the top of the stairs, she see's some kind of flying roach cruising near hear head, and promptly drops the food on the ground, screaming and carrying on as if she never seen a bug before.

I was near tears. This was when we first moved in together and I was rethinking my life with this chick. I ain't even gon lie, I picked that sh*t up and ate it.

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 10:17pm
Confession: While we were remodeling our guest house, ripped up part of the wood floor and a nest of roaches ran every which way! I promptly took my ass to the 24 hour Walmart and bought 6 cans of roach fogger, and set EVERY SINGLE ONE off that very HOUR! My honey said, "Baby the EPA will fine us and condemn this place if they knew you did that!" The cottage is only 500 sq feet, but I DID NOT GIVE ONE SH!T, them m0th3r fock3rs had TO GO! Thank you Lord for 24 hour Walmart!!!

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 11:09pm
Dang, he really DID try to kill it with fire! LOL

Posted By: sweetskul
Date Posted: Jul 16 2014 at 11:15pm
Cry

Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 1:24am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

nahh I've never even thought about doing that LOL

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 2:11am
http://allthingsripple.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/01clr.jpg

We use to use hair spray or spray deodorant and a lighter to kill the tarantulas outside on the side of the house but it was adobe.Stern Smile

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:12am
A broom wouldn't have done it, huh?

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:29am
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

LOL the spider won.
 LOL

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 8:30am
I use a spray of some sort, usually does the trick.

Print Page | Close Window