Print Page | Close Window

yt Va Girl Pronounced Princess of N.Sudan

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372241
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 8:07am

Topic: yt Va Girl Pronounced Princess of N.Sudan
Posted By: carolina cutie
Subject: yt Va Girl Pronounced Princess of N.Sudan
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:18pm

Va. girl, 7, pronounced a princess by father

Jeremiah Heaton and his seven year-old daughter, Princess Emily, show the flag,July 2, 2014, in Abingdon, Va, that their family designed as they try to claim a piece of land in the Eastern African region of Bir Tawil. (Bristol Herald Courier, David Crigger/Associated Press)
By Associated Press July 11 at 2:34 PM

ABINGDON, Va. — An Abingdon man claimed a kingdom so his daughter could be a princess.

Jeremiah Heaton, who has three children, recently trekked across the Egyptian desert to a small, mountainous region between Egypt and Sudan called Bir Tawil.

The area, about 800 square miles, is claimed by neither Sudan nor Egypt, the result of land disputes dating back more than 100 years. Since then, there have been several online claimants to the property, but Heaton believes his physical journey to the site, where he planted a flag designed by his children, means he rightfully can claim it.

And call his 7-year-old daughter Princess Emily, the fulfillment of a promise he made months earlier.

“Over the winter, Emily and I were playing, and she has a fixation on princesses. She asked me, in all seriousness, if she’d be a real princess someday,” Heaton said. “And I said she would.”

He said he started researching what it would take for him to become a king, so Emily could be a princess.

As it turns out, Bir Tawil is among the last pieces of unclaimed land on earth.

Heaton, who works in the mining industry and unsuccessfully ran for Congress in 2012, got permission from the Egyptian government to travel through the country to the Bir Tawil region.

“It’s beautiful there,” Heaton said. “It’s an arid desert in Northeastern Africa. Bedouins roam the area; the population is actually zero.”

In June, he took the 14-hour caravan journey through the desert, in time to plant the flag of the Heaton kingdom — blue with the seal and stars representing members of the family — in Bir Tawil soil.

When Heaton got home, he and his wife, Kelly, got their daughter a princess crown, and asked family members to address her as Princess Emily.

“It’s cool,” said Emily, who sleeps in a custom-made castle bed fit for royalty.

She added that as princess she wants to make sure children in the region have food.

“That’s definitely a concern in that part of the world,” Heaton said. “We discussed what we could do as a nation to help.”

Heaton named the land the Kingdom of North Sudan, after consulting with his children.

“I do intend to pursue formal recognition with African nations,” Heaton said, adding that getting Sudan and Egypt to recognize the kingdom would be the first step.

That’s basically what will have to happen for Heaton to have any legal claim to sovereignty, said Shelia Carapico, professor of political science and international studies at the University of Richmond.

She said it’s not plausible for someone to plant a flag and say they have political control over the land without legal recognition from neighboring countries, the United Nations or other groups. In addition, she said, it’s not known whether people have ownership of the land, regardless of whether the property is part of a political nation.

“I feel confident in the claim we’ve made,” Heaton said. “That’s the exact same process that has been done for thousands of years. The exception is this nation was claimed for love.”

Heaton said his children, Emily, Justin and Caleb, will be the drivers for what happens with the new nation.

“If we can turn North Sudan into an agricultural hub for the area ... a lot of technology has gone into agriculture and water,” he said. “These are the things (the kids) are concerned with.”

Heaton has ordered letterhead with the country’s seal and one of his sons created a serving tray at camp with the flag on it.

“They are really getting into the idea,” Heaton said of his children. “I think the idea of a nation with a clear purpose of helping other people ... I think that’ll be well-received and we’ll get recognition from other nations to partner with.”

But the main intent, he said, was to show his daughter that he would follow through on the promise he made.

“I think there’s a lot of love in the world,” Heaton said. “I want my children to know I will do absolutely anything for them.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-girl-7-pronounced-a-princess-by-father/2014/07/11/a5c31692-091d-11e4-ba5b-b9d8a4daba13_story.html" rel="nofollow - http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-girl-7-pronounced-a-princess-by-father/2014/07/11/a5c31692-091d-11e4-ba5b-b9d8a4daba13_story.html

Replies:
Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:22pm
*siiiiiiiiigh* *smh*

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:23pm
lol @ that gif.
I'm mad he brought his daughter into his craziness. And I think it's funny that he really thinks he's going to get this land.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:24pm
I read this thinking about Christopher Columbus syndrome.Stern Smile

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:29pm
tf she gonna rule? some stuffed animals?
bye felicia

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I read this thinking about Christopher Columbus syndrome.Stern Smile

You took the words outa my mouth..lol

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:39pm
this broke ass dude with no army back up was like this what was done for thousands of years.  yeah but did they have internet with your name and addressLOL go sit down somewhere and stop lying to your daughter before you get hurt on principle.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:46pm
So Emily is the only princess? where are the other kids? They don't get any type of Lordship or nuffin'? I mean sh*t. They helped make the flag at least make them Dukes.

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

tf she gonna rule? some stuffed animals?
bye felicia

DeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadLOL

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:11pm
And he claims all this bs is a product of love? Doesn't he know that he cannot do everything for his spoiled daughter? Tomorrow some boy will break her heart and what will he do? And what if she gets an F in Chemistry, what will he do to the teacher when he sees her crying? And what if Princeton doesn't accept her, what will he do?

I am very scared of people who "will do anything" for someone else. He is raising her to become a self-centered person who expects the world to bend for her. If she wants to be a princess, she should marry a prince.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:52pm
this made me chuckle

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 3:53pm
SMDH@ him filling her head with this princess bs......I see a nice long stay at a mental facility in her future.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:01pm
Bruh.....

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

“It’s beautiful there,” Heaton said. “It’s an arid desert in Northeastern Africa. Bedouins roam the area; the population is actually zero.”

I am stunned at his ability to convince himself that Bedouins do not count as people/population.

I know I shouldn't be but I am.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 5:03pm
reminds me of an episode of Family Guy...so much time and energy wasted...his daughter is gonna grow up and be like wtf.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 5:25pm
White girl did what?

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

SMDH@ him filling her head with this princess bs......I see a nice long stay at a mental facility in her future.

"But I'm a princess!"  LOL

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:41pm

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by TexturizedDiva TexturizedDiva wrote:

Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

"But I'm a princess!"  LOL

"Where's my TIAAAAARAA!!!" *places a bowl on her head* LOL

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 11:00pm
I busted out laughing. So this privileged-in-his-little-mind thinks all it takes to claim a land that two GREAT African nations have been disputing for over a century is to wobble fit fat white belly and stick a flag on the ground? I hope they roast and eat his porky pig looking behind for the sheer silliness of his behavior. 

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by MizzAmirah MizzAmirah wrote:

I busted out laughing. So this privileged-in-his-little-mind thinks all it takes to claim a land that two GREAT African nations have been disputing for over a century is to wobble fit fat white belly and stick a flag on the ground? I hope they roast and eat his porky pig looking behind for the sheer silliness of his behavior. 

Annnnnnd with that, thread closed Clap!

Print Page | Close Window