Print Page | Close Window

Tracey Morgan is suing Walmart.

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372240
Printed Date: May 20 2018 at 12:56pm

Topic: Tracey Morgan is suing Walmart.
Posted By: Tbaby
Subject: Tracey Morgan is suing Walmart.
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:03pm
By initial accounts it seems the truck driver was directly responsible for this tragedy.  I always try to move over when those things come barrelling down behind me.  The video states the trucker hadn't slept in over 24 hours when the wreck happened.

Comedian Tracy Morgan is suing Walmart over a deadly limo bus crash on the New Jersey Turnpike that left him critically injured.

The complaint was filed Thursday in the U.S. District Court in New Jersey.

Morgan, 45, suffered broken ribs, a broken nose and a broken leg in the crash in the early morning hours of June 7. His friend and fellow comedian James McNair was killed and others were injured.

Photos: Tracy Morgan\s comedy career Photos: Tracy Morgan's comedy career
New video of Tracy Morgan crash
Crash passenger: Tracy was on top of me

The Walmart truck that rear-ended Morgan's limo was traveling http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/19/showbiz/tracy-morgan-crash-probe/index.html" rel="nofollow - 20 mph over the speed limit and its driver was almost at his drive time limit, according to a preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board.

According to the complaint filed by lawyers acting for Morgan and three others, the truck driven by Walmart employee Kevin Roper collided with the rear end of Morgan's vehicle.

"The defendants' negligence was a substantial contributing factor in causing plaintiffs' injuries," the complaint states.

In a statement, Walmart said the crash had been a "terrible tragedy" and that it wished full recoveries to Morgan and two others injured with him, comedian Ardley Fuqua and Morgan's personal assistant Jeffrey Millea. The fourth plaintiff in the lawsuit is Millea's wife, Krista.

"Our thoughts continue to go out to them, their families and friends, as well as to the families and friends of everyone involved, including Mr. McNair who lost his life," the Walmart statement said.

"We are deeply sorry that one of our trucks was involved. As we've said, we're cooperating fully in the ongoing investigation. We know it will take some time to resolve all of the remaining issues as a result of the accident, but we're committed to doing the right thing for all involved."

Roper, from Jonesboro, Georgia, pleaded not guilty last month to criminal charges that include vehicular homicide and assault by auto.

Replies:
Posted By: cvzx
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 1:08pm
Glad hope he gets a good amount.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:32pm
the truck driver pretty much already admitted he fcuked up, and i believe someone controlling his account apologized.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 2:39pm
Unless the judge is a racist piece of , then he should get a nice settlement...

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:05pm
as he should

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 7:26pm
^^^^^Yep!

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jul 12 2014 at 10:43pm
This should be a slam dunk, I just hope he has a good lawyer where he is not giving away half his settlement to them.

Print Page | Close Window