Print Page | Close Window

Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372184
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 4:35pm

Topic: Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: Tyra says future women will look like Bey and Rih
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:21am
http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2014/07/tyra-banks-predicts-women-future-will-look-like-beyonce-rihanna/" rel="nofollow -

- Tyra Banks Predicts Women in the Future Will Look Like Beyonce and Rihanna

by http://www.clutchmagonline.com/author/teronda-seymore/" rel="nofollow - Teronda Seymore Jul 9, 2014
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=5q3-igwOXyBKCM&tbnid=tdfmkVsWuKGx8M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Flamutamu.com%2F2012%2F12%2F27%2Ftyra-says%2F&ei=ziK-U43VIY_FoASomoDgDw&bvm=bv.70810081,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNGSeOJGvqTdCVzc92QFr7qY3Mmung&ust=1405056060849991" rel="nofollow">

Tyra Banks is a beauty authority, http://online.wsj.com/articles/tyra-banks-says-beauty-in-the-future-will-mean-looking-different-1404762610" rel="nofollow - so much so that the finance-driven Wall Street Journal recently published her op-ed piece on ten beauty predictions…in an age of robots and avatars. Banks foresees a future of “vending machine” beauty, where people can choose their own hair texture and skin color without hair extensions and plastic surgery as we know it today.

“If one wants longer locks, a hair-growing serum is applied to the scalp, and the length and thickness of the hair will increase in 24 hours,” she writes. “The popular hair texture of choice will be curly.”

Banks also writes, “Typical features and coloring will lean toward a Rihanna or Beyoncé or me kind of look. People with alabaster or ebony skin will be rare and heralded for that uniqueness.”

So, Tyra, what you’re saying is very few will opt to look like Lupita?

Of course, WSJ readers dragged Banks through the comments, but more for the content and less about the prediction that most women will prefer caramel and honey-colored skin over chocolate because, well, that meant nothing to them. But I had hoped the article was some sort of satire.

Replies:
Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:30am

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:33am
^^^^^^^^^^^^LMFAO  

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:35am
She was always so obsessed with bey, it seems. IS she 40 supm or a teenager?

I thought her mom taught ty ty baby better. smh

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:40am
“Typical features and coloring will lean toward a Rihanna or Beyoncé or me kind of look. People with alabaster or ebony skin will be rare and heralded for that uniqueness.”

how would these two mindsets go together????  

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:46am

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:51am
did she get that from one of those "this is what America will look like in 2045, 2099, 3050, star date 3145874.8" news articles?

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:54am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

did she get that from one of those "this is what America will look like in 2045, 2099, 3050, star date 3145874.8" news articles?
no,

she got that from the new black handbook

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:06am
jeepers.

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:20am
Lol I guess Lupita and I will be stunting on all the new blacks in 2050.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 3:08am
LOL, that's how she want to look now.

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 3:10am
^^^^but don't she already look like that?  She already has honeyed coloured skin and light eyes.  Life is on her side. what more she want?

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:47am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

it's too early in the morning for this bullsh*t

yes ma'am.

Posted By: eanaj5
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:48am

^^^^but don't she already look like that?  She already has honeyed coloured skin and light eyes.  Life is on her side. what more she want?

nah its not. she still got a nicca nose

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:17am
damn. *slaps knee*

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:00am
Will black men finally commit after they can get their own bey or rih?

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:21am
^^^^^^
Nope they will still marry white

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:38am
Welp, what can you do?

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:50am

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

no,

LOL didnt she tho

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:53am
tyra shut the up! sh*t...always either talking about herself or beyonce...she act like she had beyonce once before and it was the best night of her life

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:10am
So I don't know what the fck Tyra is talking about here but did anybody notice that she's also saying there will be no more white white women.  I'm referring to the alabaster comment.  There was no shade from the yt women about her comments?  I reread to make sure the comment wasn't that black women would look like Bey or Rhi.  She said womenLOL

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

no,

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:48am
she did say alabastids would go bye bye...

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:07am
Go sit down Tyra. Stop trying to remain relevant with some bullsh*t. Every year with this sh*t.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:57am
I bet that Harvard business program is teaching her to make silly statements for publicity. Yep, that's it.Cry

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 11:57am
weave is what? a 10 billion dollar industry (and even though "others" wear weaves, black women make up a big chuck of the consumers) and i read somewhere that skin lightening is a 5billion dollar industry so what she's saying is not far fetched at all. 

she didn't assign positive or negative attributes to skin color, seems like she's only basing her "predictions" off of current trends. basically saying, exotic will become the norm and thus no longer considered exotic. 

etc: as far as others are concerned,  tanning is a multi-billion dollar industry so then there's that. 

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:20pm

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:31pm
I thought she was basically saying that BM dating WW/other races at their current rate, will produce more mixed women that look similar to Bey/Rih/herself ie light skin and/or light eyes/

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Lilaca Lilaca wrote:

lmaoooooooooooooooooooo  wtf???????????????????

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:10pm
Yall leave Tyra alone Cry. I don't think Tyra meant anything malicious with her statement. She's just in the hollyweird sphere where there is a high number of interracial dating amongst blacks making her have an exaggerated view especially when black male celebs rather cut their right arm off than date anyone darker than kim k. I always appreciated that she shined light about the ds/ls issue in the black communities to the public. #nonewblack.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:12pm
why does she speak aloud? 

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:15pm
she loves the sound of her voice...lol

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:17pm
this is why bey doesnt say much... 

it seems like ppl dont like when ppl speak unless its some ratch/catty mess like rih 

this wasnt one of tyras better moments.. but its like she can never say anything right with yall. 

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

I thought she was basically saying that BM dating WW/other races at their current rate, will produce more mixed women that look similar to Bey/Rih/herself ie light skin and/or light eyes/

i thought this too..... 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 1:36pm
or unless youre a super intelligent scholar.. and even then you better not come off a certain way. 

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 4:57pm
I don't think they would stop at honey-colored...

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:11pm
But I don't think she was talking about interracial dating.  She said people would choose beyonce or rihanna colored skin for themselves or kids.  So she's basically saying the majority of black people would voluntarily shed their dark skin with this new technology.  But maybe she's right.  Claiming the darker skin would be heralded as unique is not true though...it would just be seen as something bad.

Is she only talking about choosing hair w technology or skin too?

If I have a baby with someone darker than me then the baby should be a shade between the two...it would be weird to just pick a color. 

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:20pm
I don't disagree with her about what people will choose.

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:29pm
But I remember back in the Golden Days of BHM there was a poll that asked if there was a pill that could make your curl pattern significantly looser would BHM members take it.

The vast majority said yes. When people protested about how anti-black it was we were met with excuses.

This is no different from what Tyra is saying. It's the damn truth. Many black people if given the option would be less black and one day the "Black" race will look completely different. The only dark skinned people you'll find will be immigrants from The West Indies/Africa who'll probably end up marrying whiter as well.

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:35pm
Those immigrants will already be bleaching before they get over here.

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:39pm
Lol but bleach ain't genetic. It'll take a few generations to cancel out all that black. Society will be a dream come true for the New Blacks come 2050. 

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:43pm
[rant]

I think I'm acquiescing. I don't know if I can fight the good fight anymore.

The world may hate black people but something I will never get over is the hate I see from our community for their own people in various ways and how excuses are always made for it. 

People will scream preference this. Preference that. No dumbass. It's all self hate shroud in a pretty preferential cloth. I used to be a communal thinker but honestly? Now? It's every woman black, white, or indifferent for herself. Tired about caring so much for a community that doesn't even want to be a part of the community they're in. So much so that they are literally wiping themselves from American history.

[/rant]

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 5:47pm
what percentage of black ppl in America have a biracial child though?  There's still only so many ppl dating outside of their race, and it's mainly male.  There are more women.

As far as myself, it's up in the air.  

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 6:38pm
in my head the situation isn't as dire as it seems. little stuff like what appears to be a dying trend of naturals' obsession with defining curl patterns and a greater appreciation of kinky tightly coiled hair, the natural hair movement in general, the admiration of lupita's beauty all for example. 

makes me think that a significant chuck of black women are rebelling against the media white washing agenda.  i mean they've been shoving it down our throats as the so called representation of black beauty since i can remember so now seeing black women and girls on tv with a 4c afro is what's hot. the exotic thing has grown stale imo. 

so yeah, its not as bad as we make it out to be. keep hope aliveThumbs Up

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

But I don't think she was talking about interracial dating.  She said people would choose beyonce or rihanna colored skin for themselves or kids.  So she's basically saying the majority of black people would voluntarily shed their dark skin with this new technology.  But maybe she's right.  Claiming the darker skin would be heralded as unique is not true though...it would just be seen as something bad.

Is she only talking about choosing hair w technology or skin too?

If I have a baby with someone darker than me then the baby should be a shade between the two...it would be weird to just pick a color. 

OH I looked over that vending machine bit. Well, I still assume it is a poor attempt at a metaphor for interracial dating because I've heard similar sentiments from another celeb (forgot her name, but she was biracial) and I assumed she must specifically be talking about blacks cauuuseee aint no white or asian person trying to look like bey, rhi or tyra herself for that matter.

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I don't think they would stop at honey-colored...

And This.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:08pm
Tyra's into the swirl lately. This below might explain her comments
Tyra's new boyfriend

A night for the memory Bank(s)! Tyra looks dishevelled as boyfriend Erik Asla holds her hand after romantic dinner date

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Fay+Strang" rel="nofollow - Fay Strang

They have been dating since last summer but Tyra Banks and boyfriend Erik Asla clearly know the benefit of regular date nights.

And on Wednesday the couple made some quality time for each other as they headed for dinner at the vegan Mexican restaurant, Gracias Madre, in Hollywood.

When they emerged after dinner the 40-year-old looked like she’d had quite the evening with her beau, while he guided her to their car.

Scroll down for video

Home time: Tyra Banks and her boyfriend Erik Asla went for dinner at Gracias Madre on Wednesday night in Hollywood
  • SHARE PICTURE
< id="share--" ="text" value="">

Copy link to paste in your message

+5

Home time: Tyra Banks and her boyfriend Erik Asla went for dinner at Gracias Madre on Wednesday night in Hollywood

The America’s Next Top Model host showed off her impressive figure wearing a short black dress with black heeled sandals, while she carried a leopard print handbag. 

• Photographer Erik looked just as dapper wearing a white shirt with a striped tie and smart pale chinos.

Tyra famously doesn’t drink alcohol, previously saying: ‘I've never had any drugs and I had a little taste of alcohol when I was 12 years old, but that's about it.’

Helping hand: Tyras boyfriend guided her as they headed back to their car to head home
  • SHARE PICTURE
< id="share--" ="text" value="">

Copy link to paste in your message

+5

Helping hand: Tyra's boyfriend guided her as they headed back to their car to head home

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:11pm
This bish included herself.
I think people are going to all look like Kim kardashian.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 8:32pm
I reaaallllly hate her calves.

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:41pm
Ain't Tyra always been into the swirl?  She's just dated black men before?

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:42pm
she don't drink?  then why is her hair and face lookin' like that?

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:42pm
ew. 

Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:43pm
ok...i'll give the face a pass.  maybe she's taking a break from make up.  But no reason for your hair too look all disheveled and dry.  That is not windblown or windswept.  Not hating, just sayin'.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:44pm
She's been dicked down by Chris Webber.
That fact alone gets her my salute

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 9:47pm
I have no idea what the hell she just said

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jul 10 2014 at 10:56pm
So she's low-key telling us she ain't "all that black" and is the ideal look. And to low-key praise herself, she decides to "compliment" darkies as the new "exotic".......because she, a current "exotic" will have too many people looking like her, therefore, she won't be exotic no more. "Yay black people!!" 

Bish FOH. Ermm

Always been WAAYYYYYYYYY full of herself. 
Is it bad to saay I hate new blacks?  Stern Smile

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

But I remember back in the Golden Days of BHM there was a poll that asked if there was a pill that could make your curl pattern significantly looser would BHM members take it.

I don't know about significantly looser but a little larger I think I would want this.   It would be much easier to style my natural hair.  I love it as is but I want the curls bigger w/o having to use rollers. I would have said no to this poll only because I'm not taking any random chemicals. 

As far as skin color I guess I'm weird because I'm brown-skinned but I always wanted to be darker.  I used to think about tanning all the time in my early 20s but all I saw was the yt girls at work with peeling skin from sunburn and it made me re-think. I remember being at my bf's house when I was 14, looking in the mirror noticing that I was darker (summer) and calling his sister to the mirror all excited to see how dark I was gettingDead.  She laughed.

As an adult I think I finally realized that my desire for darker skin comes from my dad's complexion and all of the smooth dark skinned women who had such an influence on me as a female.   My mom's jeans also robbed me of the chance to have a chocolate babyCry

Also I don't get ppl who want to bleach their skin at all.  I understand if you have Vitiligo and you're trying to match up but other than that is seems crazy to me.   I realize that makes me a hypocrite for wanting to be darker.  No excuse, just acknowledging itLOL.

I love me some me either way.  I just wanted to have deep coco skinEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:57am
i've always wanted to be darker as well...ive also always wanted chocolate babies...

hair? i'd just want looser so it would be easier to comb. if i could have a big azz kinky azz fro that was super easy to comb/detangle...i'd take that over loose curls anyday...

Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 9:58am
my grandmother on my moms side was dark. her skin was glorious. and her boobs were something to behold even at 60...

Posted By: exoticmami06
Date Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I reaaallllly hate her calves.
LOL

Print Page | Close Window