Print Page | Close Window

how much do you care about your look?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372135
Printed Date: Apr 23 2018 at 8:45pm

Topic: how much do you care about your look?
Posted By: Josephuss
Subject: how much do you care about your look?
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:51am
how much effort do you put in trying to look nice?

Replies:
Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:28am
Varies.

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 9:11am
Varies day to day. I don't  attempt to dress up like Kim K on a daily basis. But I make an effort to look like I bathed and have on clean clothes ( makeup is optional).

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 9:28am
Yeah it varies cause in the end I'm just like eff it anyways I don't feel or look good cause I'm skinny lol 

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:15am
I make sure my eyebrows stay arched. Those things get unruly quick. I always make sure my hair is presentable when I leave out the house. I treat myself with a mani & pedi every two weeks.

But yeah like everyone else said, the level from then on varies on what I'm doing.

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Yeah it varies cause in the end I'm just like eff it anyways I don't feel or look good cause I'm skinny lol 

Skinny people look good to Bribby! Dont let these music videos confuse you. You will appreciate your skinny after 25. 

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:59am
I always attempt to put my best foot forward and make a great first impression but once you get to know me, it's not so important to me to keep up the look.

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:17am
I care, but Im also lazy. The two don't match up well.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I care, but Im also lazy. The two don't match up well.

This all the way

My hair has been in a bun for months..and I know I look ugly like this. My lashes and nails are always done though

I look terrible more than half the time. I keep saying I'll get it together though.. too much work

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:56am
Yea right lb... Im sure you look great.

Lashes and nails are all you need. + lips
I was I had the patience to wear lashes more often.

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:38pm
I keep my hair, nails and toes done and my body right..everything else is a dunn deal after that

Posted By: sunshine321511
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:42pm
This question is multi-layered for me...

Yes, I care greatly about my appearance.  I care about my appearance especially clothes wise (not necessary to be designer clothes, just clean and well dressed), hair, nails done whether manicure or tips, shoes clean, teeth/dental care and skin care efforts are taken.

BUT, I suffer and need to continuously work on my exercise, weight and overall health.  So I'm not doing all that great in the most important areas.

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:51pm
Do yall get your nails done?

I was told at this modeling thing it looks bad if you bite your nails or get them done cause they want to see you have healthy natural nails..

Has anyone heard that?

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:58pm
I gotta admit because of the wheelchair thing I dont feel im noticed that much to be too concerned about my appearance all that much. well now its not as bad

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:01pm
now that its summer i dont care too much. its hot. and i just want to be comfortable. i put on liner and a ponytail and call it a day...anything else will melt off.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:44pm
I care greatly about my look.... but that doesn't mean i don't have my off days. 

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:45pm
I make sure my skin is on point.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:49pm

I was told at this modeling thing it looks bad if you bite your nails or get them done cause they want to see you have healthy natural nails..

Has anyone heard that?

I get my done nails because I tend to bit my nails. Its a bad habit, i've had for a long time...

I prefer acrylic/solar nails versus a manicure because the polish wears off and I found myself painting my nails every other day. I wear my nails very short (they are  no longer than the skin on my fingers) and the white tip is super thin)...that's a natural looking as i can get with falsies...  

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:51pm
If my skin is ok im good...if im having a bad skin day my whole mood is off.

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:53pm
I don't get my nails done i keep them filed short i polish every 3 days no top coat.

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:09pm
I wash mah face.

I wash mah azz.

I wash mah hurr.

I wash mah clothes.

Das it.

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:53pm
Right now I am LOW maintenance. I just did my first eyebrow wax, which I guess has improved my looks, so I guess I will continue doing that regularly.I also started using hair remover under my chin because lately I have been finding long hairs there, and that's not cute. But other than that, I take a bath often enough so I dont offend people and I wash my clothes. I don't even touch makeup anymore because I'm so busy.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 5:11pm
I don't care anymore

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 9:10am

Has anyone heard that?

my bf is BIG on having nails/feet done so he brings it up every month. he thinks women that don't keep their nails and feet done are dirty and it's a big turn off for him.  when i worked in a hospital i never got my nails done so that habit stuck with me to where i'd only get my nails done when i felt like it, but i have to get them done more now, because that's what he likes.  now i am hyper aware of when i have chipped polish or some nail issue.

i care about how i look, but what i think looks good and what others think looks good can be different.  the biggest part of my look that i pay close attn to is my weight.

Print Page | Close Window