Print Page | Close Window

Nice places to move near on in ATL

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372126
Printed Date: Dec 10 2018 at 5:09am

Topic: Nice places to move near on in ATL
Posted By: bebe88
Subject: Nice places to move near on in ATL
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:46pm
I randomly want to move near or in ATL in December/January.

I prefer a condo near restaurants and shopping. A good, safe neighborhood. Rent up to $1500.

Actually, any place in the US....I've been in FL all my life and I just want a change.

I have a husband and small child if that matters.

Replies:
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:54pm
Lithonia, Ga

It's 30-45 mins outside of ATL
Beautiful houses and apartments with lake views and shopping areas around

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:55pm
17th street or brookhaven would be a good option also.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:07pm
Vinings. Kennesaw. 

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:12pm
Perimeter Center
Buckhead
Brookhaven

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:13pm
I'd go with the brookhaven area as well

Or Dunwoody 

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:21pm
"Actually, any place in the US....I've been in FL all my life and I" just want a change

I miss my home in Augusta . The homes near the masters are large and beautiful . You can rent or purchase a nice house in your price range.
Try to avoid homes with a lake in the backyard. Snakes will make you move fast .

I lived in over 25 states due to employment , but Everett Washington and Houston Texas felt like Heaven . GL       

Posted By: iSMILE13
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by spencer4hire spencer4hire wrote:

Perimeter Center
Buckhead
Brookhaven

+ sandy springs
+ roswell if you want to be further out
+ midtown is nice
+ howell mill rd area

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:42pm
Thanks guys. This is all so much. I'm even looking at Europe now. We just have to be near a le cordon bleu!!!!!!! Any of you ever lived or lives in Europe?

Posted By: dazed&
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

Vinings. Kennesaw. 
i second vinings. I just moved here a few months ago and I love it. Its 12 minutes from downtown, but has none of the unfavorable things that come with living close to/ in a major city. I got a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bth townhouse in a nice, quiet complex for less than $1000/ month. The crime rate is crazy low for an area so close to Atlanta. The area consists of alot of shopping and office parks are well as outdoor recreation (trail/parks)since its so close to the chattahoochee river. 

I grew up in lithonia. The area is inexpensive and you can get a good place to live for cheap, but I wouldn't recommend living there if you have kids or are planning to start a family. The school system is terrible (went there K-9th grade until I started going to a school in North Dekalb county) and a lot of the people there are ratchet as hell. A ratchet suburb is a pretty accurate description. I see this mostly with the younger people though. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by dazed& dazed& wrote:

Originally posted by keelolo1 keelolo1 wrote:

Vinings. Kennesaw. 
i second vinings. I just moved here a few months ago and I love it. Its 12 minutes from downtown, but has none of the unfavorable things that come with living close to/ in a major city. I got a 2 bedroom, 2.5 bth townhouse in a nice, quiet complex for less than $1000/ month. The crime rate is crazy low for an area so close to Atlanta. The area consists of alot of shopping and office parks are well as outdoor recreation (trail/parks)since its so close to the chattahoochee river. 

I grew up in lithonia. The area is inexpensive and you can get a good place to live for cheap, but I wouldn't recommend living there if you have kids or are planning to start a family. The school system is terrible (went there K-9th grade until I started going to a school in North Dekalb county) and a lot of the people there are ratchet as hell. A ratchet suburb is a pretty accurate description. I see this mostly with the younger people though. 
ok so vinings sounds cool.....i'm assuming your 2nd paragraph is about Lithonia.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:23pm
also, do any of you know any physician assistants in the area or people that are in school for pa?

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:19pm
I hear clayton county is really good
anywhere off old national is your best bet
the Cleveland ave area is an up and coming buppie area as well

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:24pm
hell nawl to Clayton county ...but they are getting Marta train service.  I can't believe gwinnett doesn't have it.

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

LOL, all of these places are hood for the most part.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:26pm
I love these threads.Thumbs Up

We really need to have a relocation thread in TTT. That 'other' site had a nice one.

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:38pm
Blackchyna tryna get ppl robbed then laced with a quick weave. Every place in blacs paragraph is hood as hayell. They still eat nowalaters. 

Posted By: Meme0887
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:40pm
What's the rent for Vinings area?..I might check that out when I can finally move out

I thinking a townhome

Posted By: Gods Child
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:17pm
Depending upon what you are looking for as it relates to culture. Seattle Washington is a fantastic place to live and raise a family. I live between Seattle ( I live in the city) and Atlanta and the Vinings area or downtown Decatur are great places to live. When I first purchased a home in Georgia I moved to Conyers but after getting to know Georgia, I chose To move to the Vinings area.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:04pm
What is this Vinnings area that you all speak of? 1000 for a 2bed, 2.5 bth townhouse? I pay 1100 for a 2 bed 1 bath apartment. Don't move to Alpharetta, there is no bang for your buck and too many Whites.

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:37pm
You could look on trulia to get a feel of what you could get within your price range.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 12:43am
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

lmao! why?LOL

Posted By: dazed&
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:01am
The complex I live in is really close to Cumberland mall. I kinda hit the jackpot with that complex since they say they typically don't have many vacant apartments. A lot of other complexes around have two bedrooms for the same price range but much less square footage or just one bathroom.  I saw that the rate would increase a lot  after our lease is up next august (to like 1500 I think), so I wouldn't count on prices being low there for long. Especially since they're building a stadium for baseball in that area too. I just browsed on websites like Zillow and Trulia when I was looking.

There is a good amount of white people though, but it's not like you're the only chocolate chip in the cookie. My complex is very mixed. There are a lot of office parks around so I see a bunch of young professionals of all races.

Print Page | Close Window