Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372122
Printed Date: Nov 22 2017 at 10:50pm

Topic: Hair companies that offer Layaway/Bill Me Later
Posted By: Daymarme
Subject: Hair companies that offer Layaway/Bill Me Later
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:06pm
I thought it would be nice to have a thread that list hair vendors that offer this convenience. So far, I have run into the following vendors:

Golden Swish (Layaway)
Kinky Curly Yaki (BML)

Feel free to add on.

Replies:
Posted By: misslexy22
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:40pm
I believe Sassy Mitchell offers both Layaway and Bill me Later.

Posted By: shalafbabii
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:39pm
Yummy Extensions offers layaway.

Posted By: keelolo1
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:46pm
i think manedepot has bml. 

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:27pm
My cousin was just asking me if I knew of vendors that use Paypal "pay after delivery"? I didn't even know Paypal offered this as an option.

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:26pm
unpopular opinion alert:
if you have to put hair on layaway
you should not be buying it 

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:09pm
^^aries aint sht

Posted By: Keezyanduknoit
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:23pm
Sassy mitchell

Posted By: newbee27
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:22am
Originally posted by AwesomeAries AwesomeAries wrote:

unpopular opinion alert:

Cry girl hush lol...i dont necessarily NEED to put anything on layaway but i like having the option so it wont be $600 all at once....it's easier to explain to the boo lol.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:57am

unpopular opinion alert:

Point taken but let’s be fair though, there’s people who buy hair, or other merchandise, cash upfront in whole who also “shouldn’t” be buying it. So using a layaway method shouldn't single out a person’s inability to be buying an item…layaway is simply a convenient payment method offered to customers to pay something over a set period of time; there’s no need to read more into it than what it is. It’s like knocking someone for financing a car…they could just save up and buy it cash, but the monthly payment convenience works well for many. Quite frankly, I grew up watching my Grandma always use layaway to buy things; she didn’t have the worry of accrued interest from credit cards and she was able to secure the things she wanted to purchase by paying it in two or three parts. If someone doesn't like layaway, then go ahead and charge it on your credit card or pay with your debit card, but I wouldn't say that someone shouldn't be buying it just because they opt for layaway. Too broad a statement when you don't know people's financial situation. We can agree to disagree on this one. Handshake

Anyways, back to the list…I never knew Yummy offered layaway. Hmmm, I’m doing a happy dance in my head. J

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:19pm
I would never layaway hair for 2 reasons .

1. I purchase high price hair by stashing money in my hair fund . I think hair is a luxury . Layaway a car or clothing for your children for example .  

2. I would never trust a vendor to honor the return policy if i get a rat nest .

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

I would never layaway hair for 2 reasons .

1. I purchase high price hair by stashing money in my hair fund . I think hair is a luxury . Layaway a car or clothing for your children for example .  

2. I would never trust a vendor to honor the return policy if i get a rat nest .

LOL, I like that name, "The hair fund!" I remember a while back I started a fund for my shopping pleasures. More than hair,  I love shopping with my daughter, so I started a Mini shopping spree fund for that, lol. 

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:34pm

I need one .^^^^LOL

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:02pm

unpopular opinion alert:

This is pretty much what I was trying to tell my cousin. And not just in relation to hair. She's young and has that I want it, I get it attitude. Financial responsibility is important, and I always try to tell her savings money and being financially responsible is a sacrifice. You want to make a hair purchase, cut out Starbucks, and some others stuff for a bit and save towards your purchase. She don't hear me though

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:25pm
How is layaway any different than saving for hair? Isn't it the same thing? Am I missing something?

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

How is layaway any different than saving for hair? Isn't it the same thing? Am I missing something?
Yes in my case . I have a treat jar for all types of things . I began to notice how much I could save after breaking a large bill . I usually pay by card or debit in full . Just a fun thing to do in my home . My daughter made a game jar , but she never spends 20 bucks . We make her spend a few dollars to learn the value of saving .

I would never layaway hair or seriously save for that purpose . I enjoy watching the money grow outside of my bank . I purchase hair from my jar once to help a college student on bhm . I need to make a new one for HSN /QVC . Cry

Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:14am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Agreed...I didn't think there was much of a difference. Confused
Oh well, I only started this thread so this information could be available in one spot...I never even knew about this option from hair vendors until a couple weeks ago so i thought it was pretty cool and good to share as well. Thanks everyone for the responses. I'm taking notes, lol and I'm revisiting that "Fund" idea...I may call it my Beauty Fund. LOL 

Posted By: blackreign100
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:20am
Plus with Bill me later you have to have an account and be approved for credit. There is nothing wrong with saving for your hair. Just because you can buy it outright doesn't mean you really have the money to do so. 

Posted By: chocolate03
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:54am
I agree I really don't see a difference between saving and putting hair on layaway. I know someone that will spend her bill money on some Brazilian Wavy smh

Posted By: Mocha_Shay
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:03pm

I buy some of my hair using BML. But the poster above is right you have to have credit and they arent that generous neither. My sister who barely has credit has a 300.00 limit.. which if u want some real nice hair than you cant use it.. i have Great credit cause i like to pay on my bills for a little to show good payment history and then i pay it al off and i have 2600.00 credit limit.. i use it on everything like plane tickets.. the good thing about it vs layway is s u have 6 months to pay it off, you get your hair right then. the bad thing is if u dont pay it all it all off before 6 months u have to backpay off all your interes for the perv 6 months .. Idk.. i just like it better.. plus i know the website is secure..

Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:12pm
Thanks so much for sharing that; Good to know. And do they charge interest with bill me later...that's a great option for other larger purchases like vacations/plane tickets, etc. It's good to know the different option overall. 

Posted By: Mocha_Shay
Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Daymarme Daymarme wrote:

Thanks so much for sharing that; Good to know. And do they charge interest with bill me later...that's a great option for other larger purchases like vacations/plane tickets, etc. It's good to know the different option overall. 

they do charge inetrest for something under 99.00 but if its over 99.00 they do special financing where you have 6 months to pay it off.. Just make sure u pay it off before that 6 months end because they will charge you all your intrest you hve accrued in that 6 months.

Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 2:57pm
Wow Mocha, thanks for telling me that...I always wondered how it worked. :)

Print Page | Close Window