Print Page | Close Window

Is this real?? Iggy

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372120
Printed Date: Oct 18 2017 at 2:46am

Topic: Is this real?? Iggy
Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Subject: Is this real?? Iggy
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:11pm

Replies:
Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:13pm
*waits for brigade to come in and comment*Big smile

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:14pm
Prolly,

I know this is real

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:15pm
Omgggggf, noooooo

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:20pm
probably not. if you go to her official fb, i don't see that pic. definitely not trying to cape, but twitter and fb pics are photo shopped all the time.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:25pm
No . I saw the picture on TMZ with another rapper in her place . Look at TI hand around her waist for example.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:55pm
that pic looks super shopped.
them tweets tho..

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:04pm
I hate when fake controversy distracts from real problems. She has enough bs coming from her mouth, we don't need to make anything up.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:20pm
The tweets are real and Iggy said that those tweets came out before she was "famous" and someone found them and retweeted them....like that makes it better.....Ermm

ETA: The pic looks photoshoped, but wouldn't be surprised if she calls them Brotha to their faces. 

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:47pm
LOL i hate whispering peroid...text it.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I hate when fake controversy distracts from real problems. She has enough bs coming from her mouth, we don't need to make anything up.
People, unfortunately some Black folk, will still happily support the self-proclaimed "slave master".Thumbs Up

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:29pm
it looks photoshopped but she seem like the type of white girl who will argue why she has the "right" to say it

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

it looks photoshopped but she seem like the type of white girl who will argue why she has the "right" to say it

Preach...she's being told she can. I worked and lived in Melbourne, Australia off and on for 4 years. Cracks me up how anyone could accept this broad as anything other than a caricature of Blacks. New generation kneegrows are just eating this YT up.  While the Aussie's flocked to me because of my "accent", they are pretty culture-less and mimicked my every word like children. They feed into every stereotype with their "uh uh honey chile" and "we da baddest" and "yo! yo! yo!" when they spoke to me. Their radio stations did not play much rap so their is no way this YT child grew up ingrained in the Hip Hop culture. There were hardly any Blacks there aside from African's, so she had MINIMAL if any exposure to Blacks...so what was her reference, MTV? She's gonna laugh all the way to the bank cause she got a new a$$ and with T.I tap dancing next to her that's all it takes for the New Kneegrow's.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:05pm
I sure she does call them nicca and they see not a thing wrong with it.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:08pm
Black ppl complain about Iggy but yall be lovin Justin Timberlakes "I be on it", raised in the suburbs-of-Tennessee, corny white ass Ermm

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Some Black ppl complain about Iggy but some of yall be lovin Justin Timberlakes "I be on it", raised in the suburbs-of-Tennessee, corny white ass Ermm
lol FixededThumbs Up

Alias. Girl. JT is straight from the skreets authentic! He even did a song with 3 6 Mafia!

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:22pm
I don't care what y'all say the one about Mexicans having the box body on lock is a lil funny..

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:22pm
how are iggy and Justin the same?  So what if he is from the burbs...black people live in the burbs.  He is talented and he worked hard.  I don't know EVERYTHING about him but I respect him for the most part.  And if this is about Janet, my cape is retired for that self hating weirdo.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:23pm
I don't see how Iggy and JT are the same...but anywhoooo.
Iggy. 

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:25pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/floyd-and-nicki-minaj-shading-iggy_topic371955_page1.html" rel="nofollow - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/floyd-and-nicki-minaj-shading-iggy_topic371955_page1.html

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

let nicki minaj sh*t on that cracker, a year ago she was calling herself slave master and now she is 1 person away from winning bets artist of the year.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:25pm
Iggy is mimicking a culture that isn't hers in the same way that Justin is. WTF how is that not the same? Confused

Justin didn't grow up in a Black neighborhood speaking AAEV, girl stop
He's corny and he's a wannabe and 'some' of yall love his white ass cuz you think he does it well

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:29pm

Iggy is mimicking a culture that isn't hers in the same way that Justin is. WTF how is that not the same? Confused

Justin didn't grow up in a Black neighborhood speaking AAEV, girl stop
He's corny and he's a wannabe and 'some' of yall love his white ass cuz you think he does it well

Justin doesn't even try to "act" black.  Black people are not the only ones allowed to sing r&b.  And he's really pop r&b.  I'm not gonna waste energy being mad at Justin Timberlake.  He's not Justin Bieber.  

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:29pm
Definitely looks photoshopped

But um.. those tweets  Confused

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:33pm
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=4caKb-bGPryy0M&tbnid=NtGG7A10CNy0lM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Ffemail%2Farticle-2404418%2FChildren-cornrows-Young-stars-like-Rita-Ora-Ke-ha-bring-90s-braids---trendy-tragic.html&ei=FC67U63gCofdoATByYLICw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNHJsuZciyaDPyXInT7TxPu4EMAlTw&ust=1404862348604163" rel="nofollow">

I be on my suit and tie sh*t, tied sh*t, tied
I be on my suit and tie sh*t, tied sh*t
Can I show you a few things
A few things, a few things, little baby cause
Let me show you a few things
Let me show you a few things

Ermm

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:35pm
lol that pic is hella old and all boy bands made unfortunate styling choices.  He's no longer under the control of that child molester guy and he doesn't act like that.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:36pm
Lol I dunno what R&B has to do with growing up in a black neighborhood.
If he was singing about selling crack and growing up in the projects it would be different.
Or if he was walking around with a fake accent.

I don't like how he's at the forefront of R&B or how people wanna compare him to MJ, but I don't think of him as a caricature like I do Iggy. 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:38pm
Justin is nothing like iggy....
Iggy is straight acting

Justin doesn't seem hella disingenuous
(Timberlake)

Iggy says she used to do illegal things.. And she might have.. Who knows what her life was like leaving home to come to another country at a young age...
But yea somethin about her still seems fake.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:38pm
I agree the MJ comparisons are too much

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:39pm
That pic is old but Justin wasn't trying to "act Black" you say? You know, like Justin Beiber? Umm ok

JT's swagger jacking was as blatant as Justin Beiber's when he was that age
He's aged since obviously and the Black influence is more subtle but he still sings like he doesn't talk

When have you ever heard White people say sh*t like "I be on".... girrrlllll, defend your man if you want but you can not deny the wanna be aspect of his career

JT is unauthentic af

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:42pm
he's still from Tennessee so him talking like that in a song isn't crazy to me. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:43pm
LAWD yall defending this cornball White boy for singing in slang words he doesn't normally say

done /

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:44pm
well i can see this thread will be long...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f68/djbuzzard/Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:45pm
I doubt that many blk singers/rappers talk/use some of the same phrases that are in their songs...
But they gotta seem hip and want catchy songs..

There's a diff between using a phrase you might not say much (we've all done that) and mimicking...

If justin was like Miley... I'd completely agree.
But he doesn't sing hella out of character like them.

And ftr.. I'm not even a fan of Justin's... I've caped for iggy before.. But yea this is just how I feel.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:46pm
Really? What's the difference? Geek

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

There's a diff between using a phrase you might not say much (we've all done that) and mimicking...

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:49pm
So black people say, "I Be" and that's authentic no matter where you're from and whites from the country or anywhere speak the Queens English?

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:53pm
k

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:54pm
You know the difference you're just being difficult cus they're white alias..

And you know many of these rappers did not/do not speak the way they rap or do half the things they talk about...
But it's still diff from iggy...

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:54pm
You don't hate white people as much as you claim you do.  You know you're being hard on JT.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:00pm
If y'all think he's authentic then ok, there's nothing else to debate

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:12pm

That pic is old but Justin wasn't trying to "act Black" you say? You know, like Justin Beiber? Umm ok

JT's swagger jacking was as blatant as Justin Beiber's when he was that age
He's aged since obviously and the Black influence is more subtle but he still sings like he doesn't talk

When have you ever heard White people say sh*t like "I be on".... girrrlllll, defend your man if you want but you can not deny the wanna be aspect of his career

JT is unauthentic af

Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:20pm
I don't know if he's truly authentic... How do I know..?
I don't think bey or Wayne or Rihanna or several are truly authentic/being themselves..

But I don't think they're on the same level as iggy..

Posted By: keepgrowing
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:20pm
I remember when Usher won his MTV music award and in his acceptance speech he asked for people to stop comparing him to JT. 

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:29pm
Acting black......hmmm.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I don't like JT tbh

I forgot why though....I made that decision awhile ago

He started getting annoying when his SNL and acting popularity took off.  He thinks he's funny when he's not.  

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:32pm
I think JT's music is authentic to who he is. 
I don't see how it isn't. 
That doesn't mean I agree with his white privilege though. 
I mean did Bobby Caldwell and Michael McDonald grow up in the hood?
sh*t, did YOU grow up in the hood?

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:36pm
Lol teamjt

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:42pm

I have a cousin (grew up in the suburbs)  that started speaking broken english when she went to a hbcu

once she left she stopped talking like that
CryLOL

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:19pm
like samone said earlier.. i probably use more slang on here than irl.. 
it depends though.. i have my times where i talk different. depends on my mood and other things. 

but i know i for darn sure dont use phrases like, 'read for filth' and like 3 or 4 more phrases that i learned on bhm... i cant recall them right now but ill mention them when i think of them. 

thats an example of how i use different phrases i wouldnt normally.. yet im not mimicking. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:41pm

on her myspace she wrote she had a phatty for days

too bad her arm was covering it in her profile picture, you couldn't see it
lol Just one arm tho?Cry

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:51pm
Fu.ck Iggy everytime her music comes on the radio it goes off.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Acting black......hmmm.

guuuuuurl...

I mean... do we want to really say that?  we're going to go ahead and claim slang/ebonics and bad english in this thread?  I got cussed and my wig dang near snatched the last time I said black slang/ebonics had merit.

Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

People, unfortunately some Black folk, will still happily support the self-proclaimed "slave master".Thumbs Up

that thumbs up made me laughLOL

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:44pm
The sad part is most blacks just don't care and blame it on each other for using the word.

Like whites have no common sense. I wouldn't be surprised when hiphop is tuens fully white they call her and macklemore "pioneers" of the game and white rappers are using the word in every song

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:46pm
yall brought up Justin timberlake's "blackness". he's black long enough to get his pockets lined. there wasn't a single black person at his wedding but hes so authentic, right?

Posted By: 305bgirl
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:14am
Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there and to clarify, I am not saying that they created those genres(thought it was common knowledge that Blacks did but apparently not) but simply saying that it is common for Yts down there to appreciate and be influenced by Black music. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent and has put in work; Iggy does not have talent. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surroundings and is in a constant state of growth. Iggy does not fit into this category. She is merely a puppet.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:14am
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

that thumbs up made me laughLOL

Guuuurl! lol. The Black DJs on the radio always sound so happy to play her song. I know they have contracts but damn, could you sound unimpressed just a little bit?LOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:16am
Originally posted by 305bgirl 305bgirl wrote:

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences betweem living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surrounding and is in a constant state of growth.
cape tighter than Afros wife beaters

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:18am
Justin is married?  *goes to google*

eta: I forgot about Jessica Biel.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:23am

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surroundings and is in a constant state of growth. Iggy does not fit into this category. She is merely a puppet.

black and white culture in the south do not blend like you saying it does. white music is bluegrass and country. soul, blues and r&b is from black ppl. if yt doing it then they are appropriating our culture, which is fine to enjoy different genres and cultures but know what it is.

I do see iggy as way more disingenuous than timberlake, she's like a minstrel show spoof. but he aint all gravy either. he also believes the white hype and did not show proper respect to great black artists like prince.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:27am

yall brought up Justin timberlake's "blackness". he's black long enough to get his pockets lined. there wasn't a single black person at his wedding but hes so authentic, right?
*boom*

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:42am
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences betweem living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

A true artist draws from their surrounding and is in a constant state of growth.
Have you ever been to Memphis? I would find it hard for a vocal artist to grow up in and around Memphis and have no influence from the Black Blues, Rock, Soul and Funk artists. If you have been there and experienced their music scene, then you would agree that he has more than likely had an authentic influence from Black musicians.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:43am

I had to look at your screen name and that made it all the more funnier.LOL

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:46am
Wow, alias and some others are more militant than me....sweet lawd.image

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 1:50am

Iggy and JT in the same category? Please stop. Justin is from Memphis, the South. They have a lot of Yt soul, Blues, and r&b singers down there. Those music genres are a huge thing in Memphis. Not all of the YT people there only sing country. He also attended Baptist church, so I'm sure he has some authentic influences between living in Memphis and growing up around Gospel. He has also written for Black artists including Bey and Rihanna. He has talent; Iggy does not. She is a YT girl capitalizing on creating a stereotypical image of a Black woman. JT does not try to make a mockery of our Black men. He's southern and trust me just because you're Yt does not mean that you don't speak broken English. I have heard some of the most garbage English from rednecks lol

black and white culture in the south do not blend like you saying it does. white music is bluegrass and country. soul, blues and r&b is from black ppl. if yt doing it then they are appropriating our culture, which is fine to enjoy different genres and cultures but know what it is.

I do see iggy as way more disingenuous than timberlake, she's like a minstrel show spoof. but he aint all gravy either. he also believes the white hype and did not show proper respect to great black artists like prince.
I never said that those genres were YT genres. I said that they do have a lot of Yt soul singers, etc down there, so Yt people singing like him is not as uncommon down there like some make it. Yt Soul singers and R&B singers have a certain respect for the Black soul, funk and r&b artists before them out there. Yes, of course they have stolen from our culture and I believe that the origins of Bluegrass and Country were from Blacks as well but it's funny that Yt people sold you on the thought that they created it. The point was that those genres are big down there and he has an actual influence from Black culture as do a lot of other Yt R&B singers from there. Alias stated that YT people don't talk like him or sing like him but even Yt country singers use broken English plenty.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:04am

I had to look at your screen name and that made it all the more funnier.LOL

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:08am
Lmao. Why does he need nigguhs at his wedding?
Yalls pro-blackness is odd. 

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:48am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I would just think someone who is so down with blacks and true to the bone ingrained in aa culture would have at least one as a close friend...idk that's just how my thought process works....

Posted By: Yardgirl
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:50am

I don't know that more than 4 or 5 pictures of his wedding have been released publicly. 

People are just saying things and destroying the credibility they'll need when real issues are being discussed.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:00am
You can be influenced by a culture and respect a culture without having a person from that culture as a best friend. Nice reach though.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:35am
That's like a white woman who dates nothing but black men but has no black female friends. None. Something very odd about that but ok

A white dude who grew up in a known aa cultural city, makes millions off black music and rips off, excuse me, is influenced by black artists has not made one black friend who was close enough to be involved in his wedding? Yeah that's not suspect at all

Usually when you are truly immersed in a culture and not just appropriating for personal gain, you tend to make genuine personal relationships with the people you swagger jack daily.

But excuses like this are why "artists" like jt, iggy, macklemore, etc can come in and swoop black award shows and get accolades

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:37am
Justin is that yt boy who acted down in high school...fast forward 15 years later and he's a starbucks drinking yuppie in the suburbs and don't know nan nicca

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 11:59am
^Sounds like a bad rumor lol.

Justin is that yt boy who acted down in high school...fast forward 15 years later and he's a starbucks drinking yuppie in the suburbs and don't know nan nicca
Dead

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:36pm

it is rumored justin fell in love with a black woman but his mother ended that relationship
I feel clear women feel the same about their son dating outside their race (unless they are oriental/latina of all flavors) like black women about their sons dating clear women. LOL

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 3:00pm
I love JT.  He is an entertainer just like Teena Marie, Eminem or Adele or whoever else's work I enjoy.

Iggy on the other hand is NOT an entertainer of any sort. 

Date Posted: Jul 09 2014 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Yardgirl Yardgirl wrote:

I don't know that more than 4 or 5 pictures of his wedding have been released publicly. 

People are just saying things and destroying the credibility they'll need when real issues are being discussed.

ok!  how do y'all know these things and who he is friends with?

Print Page | Close Window