Print Page | Close Window

Does anyone drink ONLY water?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372110
Printed Date: Jan 19 2018 at 4:03am

Topic: Does anyone drink ONLY water?
Posted By: maysay1
Subject: Does anyone drink ONLY water?
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:03am
Y'all I have a problem.

I drink sugar. All day. I drink water too. But I can go through a gallon of sweet tea or juice by myself in a day.

I've convinced myself this is not a problem...but I know I'm in denial and that there is no way that this habit can be good.

But is it really that bad? What if I compensate by not having any other sugar? I can't do artificial sweeteners so that's not an option. And cucumber water and fruit water and all that is no substitute.

Anybody ONLY drink water? No soda, juice, etc. How do you do it?

Replies:
Posted By: Findingmyme
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:09am
I've done it in the past, it takes a lot of discipline, the first few weeks are kinda tough because your body has to adjust from not having all that sugar, but once that happens you will begin to crave water (at least I did). Now I drink coffee with milk, no sugar, and occasionally red wine (which has a lot of sugar). Once you get your body used to no having so much sugar the sweet drinks you like now will become to sweet and you most likely won't want them

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:10am
I've done it before. But I'm slacking BIG TIME. 

I like water, it tastes good. But what you can do is wean yourself from the sugaring drinks slowy. Start buy diluting your drink by 20-25% and then increase. After a while the sugary stuff will taste sickening. Also put water bottles everywhere (if you are okay with room temp.). Make sure you have your water bottle in the fridge, try to get an eye catching design on your cup/bottle

Where's coco? I bought a coconut from some guys on a donkey cart (random sight) in the suburbs today and thought of you. Apparently they do the rounds in that neighbourhood regularly, i was very salty. Much cheaper than my usual lady at the market.

Posted By: missunfoolish
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:10am
yup when i started working out a month ago
only drank water.. now i can't drink a sweet drink without cringing lol 

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:11am
why cant you drink artificial sweeteners?

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:17am
For the most part thats all I drink. It's the only thing I ever buy for the house.. but if I'm out and about I  occasionally get a soda for caffeine or vitamin water

I grew up drinking sugary drinks.. but if you just force yourself to drink water for awhile, I think that's all you'll real crave after awhile. I dont care anything about juice anymore (unless there's liquor in it)

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:17am
90% of the time. wine pretty much takes up the other 10 percentLOL

Posted By: lanae
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:18am
I only buy water for my house (milk for cereal and baking). I used to drink lots of juice growing up but now I hardly ever drink it. Soda is a complete waste of calories and I notice the ppl who drink it excessively have preggo tummies

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:19am
drink club soda with a splash of something or another. that'll wean you off the sodas and juices.

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:20am
I wish I could but this summer Ive been reaching more for water than anything else.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:21am
i agree, lanae. i always tell my nephew (who's obese) to chose between liquid or solid calories. when he's with me he knows the deal. it's pizza or soda. not both.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Josephuss Josephuss wrote:

Sugar alcohols (xylitol, etc) make me sick (instant stomach cramps and runs). To the point that I can't even have sugar free gum.

And splenda/aspartame/etc taste super gross.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:23am
I only crave sweet drinks after I workout. 
I love me some water. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:23am
I can never seem to get through the adjustment period.

The only time I've gone without juice successfully is when I'm being forced (like for medical tests). Other than that, I give in within a couple hours of waking up.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:24am
sweet drinks make my mouth sticky and i gotta follow it up with water always so it's kinda pointless for me.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:30am
you know what's yummy? club soda with a (tiny) splash of cranapple and oj and a bit of lime omg! you'll be like, all that's missing is an umbrella and some sand. makes me think i'm on holiday lmao

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:35am
i drink a TON of water. it's ok to drink some juice or alcohol once in a awhile, but i don't even crave it.

maybe try drinking an extra glass of water a day and slowly increase it? i'm sure over time you won't even notice.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:37am
I always try the club soda thing. But I end up with a whole bunch of juice and a splash of club soda.

La Croix has new flavors out that I'm going to find and try. They have a passion fruit flavored one that I want.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:40am
like a screwdriver with vodka and a splash of oj LOL

i was gonna say, it'll be better if you mix it yourself but if you can't control yourself around the sweet drinks, it's probably best that you keep them out of your house all together and stick to the La Croix and the like. 

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:43am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

I drink water only for months at a time. currently, im drinking water, tea w/splenda) or the blood orange italian soda from whole foods or trader joe. but im going back to water only.
i love water and prefer water, so it is not a challenge for me.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by noneyons noneyons wrote:

like a screwdriver with vodka and a splash of oj LOL

i was gonna say, it'll be better if you mix it yourself but if you can't control yourself around the sweet drinks, it's probably best that you keep them out of your house all together and stick to the La Croix and the like. 

Yeah...I can avoid buying them.

But then I get home and still need something.

One time I made iced tea with brown sugar because that was all I had.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:55am
lawd you got it badHug

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:03am
i just cut it cold

There was a time I couldn't drink water, or drink room temp water 

Now I drink 90% water

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:13am
does 1 cup of coffee a day count? Other than that, it's water only since @ 1999.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:18am
oh as for how lol, it's not hard because I like water. So I'm not doing it for any kind of health benefit though I'll take it. It's good.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:19am
you don't drink adult beverages, purp? 

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:24am
I've been drinking only water since i was a child...odd cuz i love sweets...I'll have lemonade or tea occasionally.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:39am

lawd you got it badHug

I really do.

Today I made my gallon of tea with 1 cup of sugar instead of 2. It doesn't even taste right. I need my sugar.

I feel like if I make the rest of my diet really clean then the sugar can't be that bad. I mean, no one can eat perfectly.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:41am
yes, I love sugar too. But not nec. in my drinks lol.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:41am
I'd rather have juice than dessert or sugary cereal or candy or whatever.

And I actually like water, I drink it all day. I just need my sugar too.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:42am

you don't drink adult beverages, purp? 

no
I'm a child.LOL

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:43am
not for any other reason than I just don't like the taste. I've never drank 'adult beverages.' eewwww.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:44am
sidenote: I hate tea.  I Never liked it.  I was the only one in my family that didn't like it. They didn'[t understand. Still don't LOL

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:10am
in the past.. ive drank:
only water and tea (with xylitol.. mainly green)
only water and protein (mixed with water or coconut water)
sometimes id randomly have coconut water or coffee.. 

i really need to get back like that. i still dont touch soda (today i had a sugar free redbull though..) and rarely juice.. but i dont drink enough water and ill have random other beverages. 

i think you could find something with a little natural sweetener.. i think you'll eventually just get used to things being less sweet.. most things are too sweet for me now but i used to be a sugar fein forever ago.. 

you'll get used to only water too eventually.. just takes time and diligence (easier said than done.. trust me i know) 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:16am
maybe try honey or agave nectar to lightly sweeten things.. 

Posted By: Missvw
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:37am
Yeah, I drink water with slices of lemon. I don't drink any juices because of it's high sugar content or any carbonated drinks.

ETA: I have green tea in the morning with no sugar or sweeteners.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:47am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

sidenote: I hate tea.  I Never liked it.  I was the only one in my family that didn't like it. They didn'[t understand. Still don't LOL

Moroccan Mint Tea is so yummy though.

And right now I'm only drinking the Tazo Passion Iced Tea.

Then again, tea is only good to me if it has sugar. Can't stand it unsweetened.

Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:22am
That's pretty much all I drink, besides unsweetened tea and green smoothies.  I stopped drinking soda over ten years ago after realizing I didn't like the taste that much. The rest is me just trying to cut down my sugar and not drink my calories.  Now I feel pretty crappy when I drink beverages with too much sugar in them.... which I could stop myself from eating other sugary things Ouch

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:30am
i drink mostly water probably 90%.  sometimes i will squeeze fresh lemon or lime juice into my water and add the sweetener below...which is the best, imo!  sometimes i will even add a dash of cayenne pepper...
i haven't had actual sugar in my house for years.

i try to use freshly prepared juices in my cocktails...and occasionally i will put diet soda in as well...

Nutragenics Fiberfit

http://www4.netrition.com/nutragenics_fiberfit_page.html" rel="nofollow - http://www4.netrition.com/nutragenics_fiberfit_page.html

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:33am

I drink only water or tea with nothing in it (unless I need coffee for an exam).
I would try to drink tea (like green, black, or something non caffinated) with a bit of honey in it. And then slowly reduce the amount of honey you use. I feel like natual tea is a aquired taste. lol

Other than that, Ive never been much of a juice person, so I have no advice.

Posted By: tatee
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:08am
i only drink water and unsweetened tea (peppermint and green)

i gave up fruit juice about 4 years ago

when im at parties and get together thats when i let loose and have what i normally wouldnt

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:23am
OP ..start by doing half and half...yup watering down the sweet tea. It gets easier after that

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:42am
Ever since I started drinking water I dont have the craving for sodas or juices anymore  LOL

I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and the rest of the day its lemon water. Or if I need some energy while Im at work ill drink those V8 natural energy drinks

My new favorite concoction is the Dasani strawberry flavored water and add a lemon to it. Ugh omg... its so good. Tastes like juice!

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:03am
I have a sweet tea addiction too. I was doing good with drinking just water for about 2 months. And then I went out to eat and ordered a shirley temple and it all went downhill from there. Now I am trying to get back. I had gestational diabetes while I was pregnant and my doc forbid me to drink sweet tea. I thought that I would just die without it but it wasn't so bad. So I know that I can stop.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:19am
I've tried everything and nothing has helped me kick the habit.

Maybe I just need to accept it as my vice? And let go of thinking that it's a bad thing.

I'm not suffering because of it but I don't like the feeling of not being able to conquer it either.

*contemplates as I drink my sweet tea*

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:23am
Why can't you have art. sugar? I just bought some organic light brown sugar yesterday. I put it in my chai this morning and could barely taste it Dead 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:29am
Artificial sugars make me sick and they taste nasty. Honey, agave, brown rice syrup, and all those alternatives are just other forms of sugar that don't taste as good as the real thing.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:31am
i'm telling you that fiberfit stuff taste the most like sugar, imo, and i've tried alot of alternatives...

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

i'm telling you that fiberfit stuff taste the most like sugar, imo, and i've tried alot of alternatives...

Just looked at it. It has sucralose so it's a no go unfortunately.

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Findingmyme Findingmyme wrote:

I've done it in the past, it takes a lot of discipline, the first few weeks are kinda tough because your body has to adjust from not having all that sugar, but once that happens you will begin to crave water (at least I did). Now I drink coffee with milk, no sugar, and occasionally red wine (which has a lot of sugar). Once you get your body used to no having so much sugar the sweet drinks you like now will become to sweet and you most likely won't want them

I feel this way about soda.  I have to crave a soda to drink one and i normally cannot take more than a couple sips.  Between water and coffee I don't really drink anything else

Posted By: ifeyini
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:43am
I only drink water and have grown to like it. I don't add anything to it but I have to drink it cold or with a lot of ice.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 9:51am
I hate ice cold water. I can only do room temp.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:09am
i've been doing it for 7 years now; water and occasional alcohol when i eat out. i don't really think much about it, i just do it. 68 ounces or more a day. i also don't have sugar or salt in my house. the thought of all that sugar and artificial ingredients in sodas and juices is enough to steer me away. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:19am

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Just looked at it. It has sucralose so it's a no go unfortunately.

awwwwwh. Cry

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:26am
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

i've been doing it for 7 years now; water and occasional alcohol when i eat out. i don't really think much about it, i just do it. 68 ounces or more a day. i also don't have sugar or salt in my house. the thought of all that sugar and artificial ingredients in sodas and juices is enough to steer me away. 

Have you noticed any huge improvements to your overall health like weight loss, improved skin?

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:32am
Story time: I only drank pop for a couple of years of my life as a teenager. Now I have interstitial cystitis. Basically, my bladder is so messed up that anything with acid like coffee, pop, lemons, tea, even my friend cranberry juice will make my urine burn. Now, I am forced to only drink water and lots of it. My entire diet had to change to avoid daily pain.

Occasionally I say f.uck it I'll deal and I'll have Starbucks or juice. But then I have to drink at least 4 cups of water or my pee will burn.

Lesson: drink water or u will ruin urself.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:44am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Story time: I only drank pop for a couple of years of my life as a teenager. Now I have interstitial cystitis. Basically, my bladder is so messed up that anything with acid like coffee, pop, lemons, tea, even my friend cranberry juice will make my urine burn. Now, I am forced to only drink water and lots of it. My entire diet had to change to avoid daily pain.

Occasionally I say f.uck it I'll deal and I'll have Starbucks or juice. But then I have to drink at least 4 cups of water or my pee will burn.

Lesson: drink water or u will ruin urself.

arrrrrgggggggghhhhhh...this is probably what I needed to hear. I drink lots of water (usually a liter or more a day), just more juice.

But I'm starting a new med whose main side effect is cystitis (and possible bladder cancer in the future). I have to be on another med to combat the cystitis.

I'd rather prevent the problem altogether. This might be the kick in the pants that I need.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:48am

Ermm

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:49am

Ermm

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 10:50am
U can do it maysay!

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:12am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Have you noticed any huge improvements to your overall health like weight loss, improved skin?

i do notice a brightness to my skin but tbh i've never had weight or skin issues so i can't really speak on it. i'm also very active so i guess its a combination of my lifestyle. physically i have to say that i just feel better overall, i'm not as tired as i use to be and i notice that when i drink water right before going to bed and soon as i wake up i have more energy and can concentrate better. 

Posted By: newin2009
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:27am
Good thread Maysay! I NEED to drink more water. Hearing everyone say that after a while of drinking only water, and their body begins to crave water, gives me hope. I LOVE sweet tea and juice, but drink too much.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:26pm

i do notice a brightness to my skin but tbh i've never had weight or skin issues so i can't really speak on it. i'm also very active so i guess its a combination of my lifestyle. physically i have to say that i just feel better overall, i'm not as tired as i use to be and i notice that when i drink water right before going to bed and soon as i wake up i have more energy and can concentrate better. 

Yeah I noticed that I woke up more refreshed in the mornings when I drank lots of water too. 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:29pm
I also noticed that I craved fresh veggies and healthier foods when I drank lots of water. 

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:30pm
I do for the most part.

I can go months with drinking only still & seltzer water (without the artificial sweeteners). Sometimes I have a few days where I'll get a soda or juice. But rarely, if ever.

I used to drink tons of sweet tea, soda & juice. All that sugar. Like you said, it's not healthy. Over consuming sugar actually affects your brain & food suppressing hormones.

Most Americans are addicted to sugar and don't even realize it.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:49pm
when I did used to drink soda back in the 80's I always had to add water to it to get it down.  Same w/  juices. My GFs knew to put some water in my glass lol.

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:02pm

Y'all I have a problem.

I drink sugar. All day. I drink water too. But I can go through a gallon of sweet tea or juice by myself in a day.

I've convinced myself this is not a problem...but I know I'm in denial and that there is no way that this habit can be good.

But is it really that bad? What if I compensate by not having any other sugar? I can't do artificial sweeteners so that's not an option. And cucumber water and fruit water and all that is no substitute.

I drink too much water . A case in 5 days . Water will make your tummy fat after a certain age . I try to drink G2 by Gatorade . Taste great compared to the regular . Dilute your drinks with spring water until you can break the habit .Too much sugar can affect your lupus sweetie . HTH Smile 

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:21pm
I think green tea sweetened with a little honey is ok too. if your craving tea. I statrted buying 100% juice and adding a little splash to seltzer water for my soda kick.

sodas like coca cola and pepsi automatically cause my bladder to burn when I pee and i break out something terrible. That stuff is poison.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:25pm
I used to drink 1 mt dew a day (the bottle that you can re-cap). It was strictly for medicinal/caffeine purposes. When I stopped needing so much caffeine, I stopped drinking them cold turkey. Never looked back. I wince now when I think of drinking mt dews! but it worked.

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:27pm
Can someone start a "whats the craziest PM you ever received thread?" cause the one from 2010 has me guffawing in the middle of the computer lab! Sorry maysay. Hi india, (shes in another thread but im rushing)!

Posted By: iBetYouhNvNika
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 1:44pm
I only drink water. I've been like this my whole life juice & soda was always too sweet for me. Which is weird because I love sweets, candy ice cream cake cookies etc. Occasionally I'll have a frappe or smoothie but that's like once every 2-3 months. I don't even purchase juice. My company always brings their own beverages lol.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 2:03pm

I've tried everything and nothing has helped me kick the habit.

Maybe I just need to accept it as my vice? And let go of thinking that it's a bad thing.

I'm not suffering because of it but I don't like the feeling of not being able to conquer it either.

*contemplates as I drink my sweet tea*

this is so me! I refuse to be driven by anything/addicted to anything. I stopped drinking coffee for over a year when I realized if I didn't drink it, I'd get a headache--addicted. I was drinking 4-5 cups a day tho so no surprise my body would go thru withdrawals when I didn't get it in timely fashion. I quit and went thru the headaches for a while. But I only went back to drinking it when I was back to normal. Now it's 1-1.5 cups a day and  no more.

I guess I'm too much of a control freak lol

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:14pm

Y'all I have a problem.

Sparkling water for me.  I trained myself to drink it and now it is pretty much all I drink.  Start off with Ice Mountain brand.

Posted By: TOUSHA11
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:47pm
I drink water,homemade tea and coffee sometimes. But I do still drink alcohol and usually drink it will some cranberry or lemonade.

Posted By: bebe88
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:48pm
yes, I only drink water. no juice or soda. when I want juice I have a piece of fruit.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:17pm
I tried today...ok I sorta kind of tried. Though it's not really my fault since the arrowhead man is late and there's no more water.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 7:31pm
LOL

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:24pm
Water

Coffee (black unsweetened)

Green Tea (unsweetened)

Occasional glass of Wine

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 8:40pm
I drink very little juice and I usually dilute it with La Croix because its too sweet.....

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:12am

me too.  I can gulp it easier at room temp or slightly cool.  Even in burning hot weather it need only be slightly cool.

that said there are days when I hate water.  Like real hate.  I get so tired of drinking it...of constantly sipping tryna get proper intake.  I will stare at my cases of water with such venom and malice sometimes and refuse to drink anything because I don't water.  smh.   Sometimes I wish I was raised like one of them Raw Vegan kids.   This would be so much easier if I didn't know the ecstasy of Polar Grapefruit fizzy water, SAD juices and Rum & Coke.

*throws bottle of water across the office in a fit*

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 4:16am
your body begins to crave water?  when? when does this change happen? I constantly struggle.   It seems forever i've been struggling with this.  I drink more water than I did months ago but it's still such a chore and I have to force myself to consider water first when I'm out in the streets and stop at the CVS for refreshment.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:51am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

me too.  I can gulp it easier at room temp or slightly cool.  Even in burning hot weather it need only be slightly cool.

that said there are days when I hate water.  Like real hate.  I get so tired of drinking it...of constantly sipping tryna get proper intake.  I will stare at my cases of water with such venom and malice sometimes and refuse to drink anything because I don't water.  smh.   Sometimes I wish I was raised like one of them Raw Vegan kids.   This would be so much easier if I didn't know the ecstasy of Polar Grapefruit fizzy water, SAD juices and Rum & Coke.

You feel me. I wish I'd never had a taste. And it's not like my mom let me overdo it...she didn't buy soda and we had to ask for juice and then it was watered down juice concentrate at that. Though she did let me get in that Tampico.

Sidenote: I keep telling myself I'm gonna be raw vegan...I follow a bunch of them.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

LOL

So much for trying again...5 in the morning and I've already had some grape juice and a cup of tea.

Oh well LOL.

Posted By: whitrhymes
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 8:30am
I only drink water except for alcohol and whatever I mix it with.  It's just not worth the empty calories to me.  Water is refreshing and doesn't break me out.

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 8:47am

LOLLOL

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 9:35am

You feel me. I wish I'd never had a taste. And it's not like my mom let me overdo it...she didn't buy soda and we had to ask for juice and then it was watered down juice concentrate at that. Though she did let me get in that Tampico.

Sidenote: I keep telling myself I'm gonna be raw vegan...I follow a bunch of them.

As do I. I've gone raw vegan a couple of times. I was actually going to try again. I've been doing some more research and reading more. What I think my prollem was (besides missing the taste of a good home burger) was that I wasn't getting enough calories. U can't eat 2 mangos for breakfast and think u gone be alright. I was so used to restriction. I had to get out of that mindset...well in the case of raw foods. Antyways... You have to eat so much more. I tried an experiment where I ate "Raw till 4" for a week (since i'm leaning in that direction). My energy shot up and my pants felt loser. I didn't weigh myself. I tracked my caloric intake on Cron-O-Meter and I was eating appx 2000-2500 most days. I was struggling to get my calories up. If I didn't I felt like I was starving. I feel that that helped me with water since I was eating a lot of water rich foods I didn't have to drink as much...or at least I felt.

I felt good ...slept better and had more energy for class but at the same time...bad habits are hard to break. No matter how they hurt you.

My next go around i'm gone try it for 30 days and see what it do. I'm procrastinating tho.

Print Page | Close Window