Print Page | Close Window

Photography anyone??

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372105
Printed Date: Aug 17 2018 at 6:23am

Topic: Photography anyone??
Posted By: callmeDEva
Subject: Photography anyone??
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 7:37pm
Hey ya'll

Does anyone dabble in photography? I'm looking to pick up the hobby for personal use.

What kind of camera did you start off with? What do you have now? When did you upgrade and why? Did you take any classes? Paid or free? Did you self-teach? What resources did you use, if so?

I would like to start off with a quality but fairly inexpensive camera and learn some cool shooting techniques/editing skills.

Replies:
Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 8:47pm
I have a Canon rebel. Hubby has the Canon 6d.
I suggest you look for a used canon or nikon to get started. Craigslist has some deals from time to time.

Posted By: HunnyB
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 9:24pm
Go talk to/message Awaiting

her fotos are niceee

Posted By: AwesomeAries
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 9:41pm
started off with a nikon coolpix camera
I have now a nikon d5100
will be upgrading soon to either a canon 5d mark 3
or a canon 6d
I love nikon but idk if Imma upgrade to one 

Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:12pm
for those looking to upgrade ebay is having a sale 

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:14pm
my cousin is into taking pictures and scrapbooking.. 

she has a rebel. 

from everyone ive talked to.. the rebel is all the rage i think. 

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:32pm
I'm not into photography but Shamelessmaya on youtube has videos for beginning photographers that might help you.

Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:40am
Canon EOS.

Posted By: Awaiting1
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:44am
Originally posted by callmeDEva callmeDEva wrote:

Hey ya'll

Does anyone dabble in photography? I'm looking to pick up the hobby for personal use.

What kind of camera did you start off with? What do you have now? When did you upgrade and why? Did you take any classes? Paid or free? Did you self-teach? What resources did you use, if so?

I would like to start off with a quality but fairly inexpensive camera and learn some cool shooting techniques/editing skills.

I started with a nikon d5000. nikon has some cool entry level cameras. They are all good. Lens investment is more important than camera body, I think. I shoot 50mm and I am eyeing the 85mm 1.4 next. Shooting with a 35mm gives me a nice wide angle. Love it.

I am self taught, but youtube is the business with free tutorials on everything. I learned how to retouch skin while maintaining texture from youtube.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 3:56am
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I have a Canon rebel. Hubby has the Canon 6d.
I suggest you look for a used canon or nikon to get started. Craigslist has some deals from time to time.
the rebel is nice. i wanted to get one for my bday. Big smileBig smile

i have to get back into photography. but theres nothing to take pics of here...who wants to look at mountains all the time?Sleepyoh yeah i have an old kodak easyshare dx6490 cam. op i started with whatever those old cams with the 110 film LOL (dont even know if they make them anymore)way before all this digital stuffSleepy i am self taught. i learned by lookin at other pics only. 

Posted By: beebeexx
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 6:24am
I have had a canon xti for years and I never use it :'( I have the battery on the charger now I'm trying to get back to it.
I bought the body usedfrom bhphotovideo.com
got my lens for the super low low (like 30 bucks) from this guy on craigslist.

canon lenses seemed cheaper overall than Nikon lenses, which is why I chose canon over Nikon. but I do like how Nikon photos seem warmer than canon photos.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 12:35pm
Thanks y'all :-)

I'm looking at the canon d5200 but realized yesterday that I need to read a beginners book before I do anything. All this photography jargon has me confused lol.

Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 5:24pm
you mean the nikon d5200?

Date Posted: Feb 12 2015 at 7:50pm
fro knows best is giving away a nikon d750 or a canon 7d mark 2
http://froknowsphoto.com/giveaways/froknowsphoto-super-mega-giveaway-extravaganza/?lucky=74944" rel="nofollow - http://froknowsphoto.com/giveaways/froknowsphoto-super-mega-giveaway-extravaganza/?lucky=74944

Print Page | Close Window