Print Page | Close Window

Cairo: dressed as woman/got sexually harassed

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372083
Printed Date: Oct 21 2018 at 5:26am

Topic: Cairo: dressed as woman/got sexually harassed
Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Subject: Cairo: dressed as woman/got sexually harassed
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:11pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNZt1T5rAQ" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvNZt1T5rAQ

I am wondering why they dressed up a man as a woman instead of using an actual woman.

Replies:
Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:31pm
The video said it - so the man could see what it's like to be sexually harassed

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:33pm
But he's an actor. Their demographic is all men who watch this, not just him.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:45pm
my original thought was vicarious experience as a source of knowledge. 

immediately followed by, "girl, you know oppression doesn't exist until it's validated externally by its source"...  

Posted By: HaitianLuv
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 8:07am
the dressed him up so he can have first hand experience. Its different seeing someone else be harassed vs. you yourself being harrassed. Im glad he did it. It really disgusting the way men pretty much demand that you be with them.

Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by HaitianLuv HaitianLuv wrote:

the dressed him up so he can have first hand experience. 
But he's not the target audience, he's just an actor paid to play a part. They say in the video that this is investigative journalism, so obviously the audience is it him personally, but anyone watching the peice. 

Neka, kind of summed up my personal opinion on it. I wonder if they feel that the audience would empathize more with a man going through what women go through for a day, instead of the women who go through it every day.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:28pm
cairo is terrible for women..

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 5:49pm
I feel better now.  I thought they only did it to black women.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:22pm
I've heard about the issues with sexual harassment/rape over there. I guess being a "good muslim girl" and being fully covered isn't enough.
These repressed cultures that have this strict separation of the sexes... It brings about behaviours on the part of males that are akin to mental illness

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by nekamarie83 nekamarie83 wrote:

my original thought was vicarious experience as a source of knowledge. 

immediately followed by, "girl, you know oppression doesn't exist until it's validated externally by its source"...  

And then they act ever so shocked and appalled

Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 6:32pm
^^Meh. It's a conservative Muslim country. You can't look at it with your Western eyes. I think it's a good initiative on the reporter's part in this context. Whatever it takes to bring the issue to the forefront.

Posted By: uppitynegroid
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I've heard about the issues with sexual harassment/rape over there. I guess being a "good muslim girl" and being fully covered isn't enough.
These repressed cultures that have this strict separation of the sexes... It brings about behaviours on the part of males that are akin to mental illness

I think that part of the world harbors the most sexual deviants and perverts than anywhere else.

Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by uppitynegroid uppitynegroid wrote:

Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I think that part of the world harbors the most sexual deviants and perverts than anywhere else.

I don't know if they have the most but I'm pretty sure that they have their fair share. Repression is as bad as overindulgence. Look at these Japanese perverts and their obsession with S&M and school girls in uniforms...

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 7:20pm
i'm glad he did it. he was "lucky" that he could take all that off at the end of the day but I hope he doesn't forget what that kind of fear feels like...and what he learned that day. Didn't they have an episode of Boy Meets World where this experiment went down?

Print Page | Close Window