Print Page | Close Window

What is happening on here?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372066
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 2:53am

Topic: What is happening on here?
Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Subject: What is happening on here?
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:28pm
Why has the membership dwindled to like 10 people? Is the Internet forum formula in danger overall? Is there a need that bhm is not addressing that makes people flock to other boards?

I would like for bhm to make it cause the prospect of daily browsing through threads that explore fascinating topics along the lines of "What does it really mean to be a redbone" on that other site simply does not appeal to me. Something needs to be done here! Have the owners thrown in the towel already?

Replies:
Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:58pm
*IG destroyed internet forums, FB & Twitter before the even knew it.

/thread

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

/thread

But Facebook and Twitter are completely different modes of communication. I don't understand how it would eliminate the need for forums. You can't discuss anything in depth on Twitter. Facebook is for your family and friends. As for IG, I'm not familiar with it.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Why has the membership dwindled to like 10 people? Is the Internet forum formula in danger overall? Is there a need that bhm is not addressing that makes people flock to other boards?
Because what could've been considered a decently tight knit group of people were burned for the last time by drama thirsty trolls, some have outside interests/lifestyles that don't permit frequent posting and some (myself included) have chosen to meet posters through other platforms (IG, tumblr, FB, etc). I prefer the latter as it's more of who/what I like and none of what I don't. It's supportive and uplifting, really.

No. I don't personally think so. People will always want to gather and discuss ideas/topics. In the same vein, there will always be those that want to bring a negative energy to that for whatever reason.

Good question, Jolie. I've not got an answer for that one.

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:31pm

/thread

But Facebook and Twitter are completely different modes of communication. I don't understand how it would eliminate the need for forums. You can't discuss anything in depth on Twitter. Facebook is for your family and friends. As for IG, I'm not familiar with it.

i used to be in 3 FB hair groups that were primarily BHM members discussing hair tips & photos. I unjoined all but 1 though. There are a lot of FB groups that are BHM members discussing TTT style topics.

Twitter had become the resource for celeb gossip that was being reposted in TTT. Now IG has taken a bite from each + a bite of the youtube crowd and people have low attention spans and want quick, small pieces of info instead of reading 30 page threads for info and IG satisfies that for them. I stopped reading long BHM threads a long time ago b/c of a low attention span for online media and im sure that im not the only one. I read the subject line then skim over the last 2 pages of a thread then comment &  move on.

Same way that the 24 hour news cycle and twitter posts from news outlets destroyed news shows and news magazines like Newsweek & newspapers. Give me the headline and im good, if it is relevant to me or piques my interest, i will click and read the full article.

BHM is always slow in the summer and around holidays, so it is dead, but not that dead imo. lol

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:36pm
I think it's also due to the fact that posting here is nearly impossible. 
People get tired of having to copy all  of their posts and cross ingtheir fingers every time they hit the Post Reply button.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:37pm
i didnt think ppl had posting problems anymore.. 
on f2 and f3 its fine (i thought..) 
like how forum2 and forum3 were. but i do agree that when the posting issues first started.. some people faded away. 
And some new-ish members probably dont know about f2 and f3. 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:39pm
lots of trolls and lack of interesting topics.
cough

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:43pm
Interesting feedback, ladies. I guess I don't have much of an imprint on the net and there are factors that I don't understand well. Didn't even know you could access hair groups on FB for instance...
I guess having been on here for a number of years, I've gotten used to the place and seeing it dwindle like this does not feel good. I don't think it will ever get back to how it used to be.

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:45pm

Interesting feedback, ladies. I guess I don't have much of an imprint on the net and there are factors that I don't understand well. Didn't even know you could access hair groups on FB for instance...
I guess having been on here for a number of years, I've gotten used to the place and seeing it dwindle like this does not feel good. I don't think it will ever get back to how it used to be.

ive been here for 10 yrs. its cyclical and dynamic. has its good years and its bad. i actually love the way that ttt is right now. no major trolling, no major fazing. Easy to find interesting threads and a lot of the posters with good topics/comments are still posting. i like it like this.

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

lots of trolls and lack of interesting topics.
cough

LSA is troll central and yet they still have traffic. As for the topics, well I guess you have to have enough membership for topics to be posted

i think we have lots of interesting topics on here.. 

especially for the amount of regulars. 

i dont think we have many trolls anymore either besides iliveforbhm. 

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:49pm
Yes but the problem is there aren't enough topics being started and commented on because there aren't enough members. If there are only 3 to 5 topics within an entire 24 hour cycle, it's not good. Seems like it's more than the trolls that got chased away.

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:51pm
^^^ i agree that more people commenting would make things better.. but i think there are (typically) several new topics each day which is surprising for the amount of regulars. 

Tatte and CB alone probably make like 2 or 3 interesting threads each per day.. if not each day definitely other every other day. I was just saying that without tatee it would be extra dead… and sometimes her threads only go like 2 or 3 pages and ppl dont read.. but she still makes them. 
then you have ppl like femme who regularly contribute the entertainment and fasion pics.. (love her for that)

and you'd think that with what seems like 10 regular members that the topics wouldnt go anywhere.. but i mean we just had a 40 page thread that actually stayed on topic… about tips. 
and like 20 pages on hiv rates among black women, and the same amount for a thread on racism still existing. 

I think there is less drama.. which makes it seem less interesting/fun though. 

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:58pm
Yes, you do have people who start interesting threads consistently. It's not the drama that I miss, it's the sheer volume of threads and interactions, I guess. Used to be that I would log on at different times during the day and always find something new. Not so much anymore. It's just really slow...

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 9:58pm
yea… its definitely slower compared to other times. 

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 10:00pm
Reddit fulfills my needs for interesting and new topics. And there are other forums where I can discuss things with like minded people.

I just think there's more out there now.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 10:10pm
good interesting, polarizing posters got ran off with anonymous poster bullsh*t

And illogical bannings (ie posting peen pics)

And not enough admin participation when we had a lot of posters

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 10:13pm
bhm should use Facebook, Twitter etc  to draw traffic 

And moderate the sections vs the basement

The basement was helpful for weeding/tiring out trolls but might wear out genuine new posters

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 10:15pm
Bhm has an instagram, twitter, and fb with quite a few followers/friends. 

there would probably be more interaction if people didnt have to start out in ttt newbs 
its really dead down there.. 

also i think they should get rid of some of the other forums.. if i was completely new and saw that the last posts in some sections was months ago… idk if id keep scrolling in order to find TTT

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 10:25pm
Yes the layout is confusing

I find it easier to search my name to get to TTT instead of scrolling the home page especially on my phone 

Pause. I know people are going to snap on that lol

Posted By: sexyandfamous
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i didnt think ppl had posting problems anymore.. 
on f2 and f3 its fine (i thought..) 
like how forum2 and forum3 were. but i do agree that when the posting issues first started.. some people faded away. 
And some new-ish members probably dont know about f2 and f3. 

where do I find forums 2 and 3?

Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:21pm
^^^ forum2 and 3 are gone now (they were forum2.blackhairmedia.com etc..) but alternatives are f2.blackhairmedia.com and f3.blackhairmedia.com 

i rarely have posting issues.. 

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:48pm
I guess this place is boring to some people. I can see why.

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 11:52pm
people probably get tired of being insulted for their opinion. disagreements are fine but folks tag team and/or hit below the belt a lot. unpopular opinions are not welcomed here. 

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 12:30am
1.Posting Issues
2.At one time the trolls could run free while members would get deleted/demoted in the blink of a eye.

Posted By: Miss B
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 1:10am
Truth is, there's only but so much to talk about. The people who have been on this board longer get tired of the same topic popping up every 6 months.

Also a lot of members came here for actual hair advice and trickled down to TTT but the hair forums have long since dried up. With the advent of YouTube gurus, many of which are members or lurked and took the info that was once only found here and made it more easily accessible.

Like back in the day when no one knew what a lace wig was? WHOOOOO.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 2:25am
I just assumed that it was even less posters since its summer and people are outside more. its been plenty of times I responded to a topic only to get the error message and then I say phuck it and don't bother trying to post it again. 

Like the other poster said, people interact outside of bhm and end up being FB friends or talking on the phone so the need to meet here is becoming less important. 

lsa will always be known for the drama in my mind so the two arent the same to me. 

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:22am
the last formspring thread was the nail in the coffin

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:39am
BHM has been stale and dry since the site imploded in on itself and ceased most functionality.. twice. Ouch

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:42am

Bhm has an instagram, twitter, and fb with quite a few followers/friends. 

there would probably be more interaction if people didnt have to start out in ttt newbs 
its really dead down there.. 

also i think they should get rid of some of the other forums.. if i was completely new and saw that the last posts in some sections was months ago… idk if id keep scrolling in order to find TTT

AMEN. This forum is cluttered as .

There are so many pointless forums.. I swear we probably have a subforum somewhere about the moment when you put a comb or a brush in your hair.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:54am
the error msgs are the worst, I'll try f2 but a newbie wouldn't know that

I've said f it many a time and I'm a bhm addict

If I were new I wouldn't bother 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 8:33am
that membership waiting time ran a lot of the prospective posters off. not everyone was a troll but was treated like one because you had overly sensitive mods who wanted to ban you for using the B word

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 8:58am
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Reddit fulfills my needs for interesting and new topics. And there are other forums where I can discuss things with like minded people.

I just think there's more out there now.

That's how I feel...I am used to bhm so I still like to post here but ultimately there are other places that are willing to talk about things I'm more interested in...bhm is very conservative and stuck up, imo.  It seems like in general there are a lot of places BHM is not willing to go and I'm just not that interested in skin color and natural hair debates.  I've seen topics here where no one really commented but on another forum the topic got several pages.

I still get posting errors. 

Also to post on BHM it's kinda when in Rome, super chill environment so if you do wanna be aggressive with your opinion it's looked at in a bad way.  Which is boring.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:09am
I took a break from bhm for a while and things seemed to change a lot...within the first week of posting I was suspended for two weeks for  calling someone a bish, a fcking troll at that.  But context didn't seem to matter.  Anyway, after that I knew I basically had to chill out if I didn't want to be banned.  We are all adults and should be able to talk how we want, within the confines of certain conversations.  If it spills into every thread I understand but... 

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:12am
yes. at one point the mod was in cahoots with certain people and there were those you "had" to tiptoe around unless you were banned

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 9:35am
I'm trying to wean myself away from BHM. I haven't been posting in the controversial topics at all, or at least not being brash about it. I'm getting too old for the drama.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 10:30am
there was a time when sex workers and atheists were very strong on here

It was during/after the summer of thirst so there were a lot of posters

People got ran off by them... so conservative or liberal doesn't seem to matter

It's the back and forth that creates pages. 

The problem is that some can't back and forth about the topic, they have to get personal and that's when feelings are caught, bannings or goodbye this cruel board happen. 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

The problem is that some can't back and forth about the topic, they have to get personal and that's when feelings are caught, bannings or goodbye this cruel board happen. 

all of what you said but especially this.  plus it seems like people carry their frustration from thread to thread.  i mean i can see cracking a jokey joke about some prior shyt but actually being mad seems like it takes entirely too much effort but i think some people are just hyped/amped all day errr day anyway...lol

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 11:05am
it seems like bhm operates on a cycle.  coombyah...the calm (boring)...drama...rinse...repeat...

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 11:06am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

imo.  It seems like in general there are a lot of places BHM is not willing to go

hmmmmm...so, what you wanna talk about?

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 11:57am
1. that website where everyone decided to mind everyone else's business but not their own
2. in 2014 who has time be posting on a website where you must copy/paste your responses bc of posting errors? not I.
3. those who i want to stay in touch w/on BHM, I do on different mediums. 

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 12:32pm
I just think that people got bored and left. Its pretty dry. Same posters posting. I can pretty much predict whats gonna be said and by who. And that formspring thread was a mess. People took it too far and acted like cowards. 

For me personally I like threads about family, motherhood etc and I think alot of the posters on here are young and or childless so I don't start topics about some of the things that I would like to talk about because I don't think anyone cares or can relate. So I just go to forums with people that can relate to me. I am usually really busy too so I don't post alot on any forums.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

all of what you said but especially this.  plus it seems like people carry their frustration from thread to thread.
Agree with ALL of the above. People can't agree to disagree and move on. It will just be a never ending feud.

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 12:54pm
too many bishes....

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

it seems like bhm operates on a cycle.  coombyah...the calm (boring)...drama...rinse...repeat...

And this.

'member when russ shut bhm off, like cut off all utilities, over cclu coming for his neck 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

I just think that people got bored and left. Its pretty dry. Same posters posting. I can pretty much predict whats gonna be said and by who. And that formspring thread was a mess. People took it too far and acted like cowards. 

For me personally I like threads about family, motherhood etc and I think alot of the posters on here are young and or childless so I don't start topics about some of the things that I would like to talk about because I don't think anyone cares or can relate. So I just go to forums with people that can relate to me. I am usually really busy too so I don't post alot on any forums.

There are a lot of mothers here, you should start the threads that interest you

Everyone should, what's the worst that can happen, no posts thats not that bad

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:02pm

It's not that no posts is bad...it's just that there are things I actually want to discuss. In which case no posts is not helpful.

There are subjects where I can go to other forums that have multiple threads and hundreds of posts on something that would get no response here. And since I'm looking to actually exchange information, it makes more sense to participate in those other places.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:21pm
Not sure what these topics are 

But I think motherhood threads would do well

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:26pm
I've been addicted to lsa for a while now, I like how they keep it real over there. I was on lhcf for a while, but them wanna be bougie heffas will get on ya nerves real quick and I ain't paying 6.50 just to be annoyed.

Posted By: slykitten
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:28pm
I used to be really heavy on this site back in 2009, but then I also was unemployed then.  One thing that turned me off was that because I wasn't a popular member, my questions were rarely answered.  Then the hair sections were really slow and I couldn't be bothered to come on as much.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:41pm

Not sure what these topics are 

But I think motherhood threads would do well

Popular bhm topics:
race
skin color
beauty/fashion/food
black news items
wshh shenaBrothans
black celebrities

Things I want to talk about:
camping/rving
minimalism
productivity/efficiency/personal challenges/tracking
early retirement/personal finance
asexuality/alternative sexuality
alternative living
microbusiness
activism
...and a bunch of other stuff

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:52pm
lol,  when it's slow like this, I can finally almost keep up.

I do wonder how the site makes any revenue though with so little traffic. I'm surprised they are able to 'keep the lights on.' But maybe it makes $ for the owners in some other way

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:56pm
just because those topics are what will keep ppl talking for 50 pages.. doesnt mean that other things and alternative type lifestyles wouldnt be interesting.. maybe we cant add too much to those but most ppl here are interested in learning/reading i think. 

id be there for productivity, asexuality, and alternative living (this one would just be interesting to me.. not about that life most likely).. 

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 3:58pm
1. As has been said before, the malice that comes attached to "BHM never forgets", usually some passive aggressive dumb comment made in reference to something else a poster said before that has nothing to do with the topic at hand....then people ask what's being referenced, and its downhill from there. Most of us have good memories, just because you spew some shat on Thread A now means you wont be allowed to live it down in Threads B,C,D and Z.

2. The creation of TTTjr from the summer of thirst and the bannings that ensued...i was put on a 4 day timeout for calling someone a "simpleton" Pinch

oh and lots on here would be into activism Confused
id def be down to go chain myself to a tree or something 

Things I want to talk about:
camping/rving
minimalism
productivity/efficiency/personal challenges/tracking
early retirement/personal finance
asexuality/alternative sexuality
alternative living
microbusiness
activism
...and a bunch of other stuff

!!!
I wish you'd make this thread. I want to travel across country in one. My brothers have them and I can't wait to be part of the rv crew LOL.  We have taken trips with them before.

I'm already mentally building my rv in my head. I know it has to have everything in it! Hub swears he won't drive it though. Said if I want one, I'll have to drive it.Cry

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:01pm

oh and lots on here would be into activism Confused
id def be down to go chain myself to a tree or something 

LOLLOLLOL You'z a damn fool

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:03pm
maysay we so want an rv, to travel across the country with

We've looked at them but the new large ones that we like can get you a great cabin/cottage

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

2. The creation of TTTjr from the summer of thirst and the bannings that ensued...i was put on a 4 day timeout for calling someone a "simpleton" Pinch
!!! I have no idea why "simple" and its variants tickle me so. HAHAHAH!!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

!!!
I wish you'd make this thread. I want to travel across country in one. My brothers have them and I can't wait to be part of the rv crew LOL.  We have taken trips with them before.

I'm already mentally building my rv in my head. I know it has to have everything in it! Hub swears he won't drive it though. Said if I want one, I'll have to drive it.Cry

I want an RV so bad. A luxurious one though...I'm more of a glamper (glam camper).

You should check out GoneWithTheWynns on youtube. They have great videos on their rv's and travels.

And I'm a slow driver in my regular car so I think I could handle being captain of the RV. I love slow travel (I'm a fan of train travel too...I want to do the Trans-siberia).

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:12pm

I want an RV so bad. A luxurious one though...I'm more of a glamper (glam camper).

You should check out GoneWithTheWynns on youtube. They have great videos on their rv's and travels.

And I'm a slow driver in my regular car so I think I could handle being captain of the RV. I love slow travel (I'm a fan of train travel too...I want to do the Trans-siberia).

yes! we'd get along CAMPING together fine LOL

I REFUSE to sleep outside. My SIL thinks I'm crazy because I love camping. 

I was just talking RVs yesterday.  I was thinking about renting one for a trial run tripLOL

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:13pm
Me and my husband were talking about going to disney world this summer. Then we thought about the adventure and price of carrying 6 kids on a plane and I was like we need to get an RV. It would be perfect. I love driving so I would love it!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:15pm

Me and my husband were talking about going to disney world this summer. Then we thought about the adventure and price of carrying 6 kids on a plane and I was like we need to get an RV. It would be perfect. I love driving so I would love it!

That would be so much fun. You can stop and see other places on the way. There are good rv rental companies. I know there was a blog I used to follow of family that had 6 or 7 kids and they lived in their rv. I wish I could remember the name.

Plus, at disney you can bring your own food so having an rv makes that much easier.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:18pm

yes! we'd get along CAMPING together fine LOL

I REFUSE to sleep outside. My SIL thinks I'm crazy because I love camping. 

I was just talking RVs yesterday.  I was thinking about renting one for a trial run tripLOL

Do you remember when Oprah and Gayle went camping? If Oprah doesn't sleep outside, neither do I. I wanna be in nature...but not like IN it.

But an RV with solar panels, composting toilet, wifi, shower, fridge...I could do that. I do like cooking stuff over a campfire though...as long as I can eat inside without the bugs.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:19pm

I love driving too but I don't know if I can handle alla that on wheels lol. I know I'd need a big one.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:19pm
have you seen the unicats? It can go ANYWHERE .... I'd love a luxury version of this

Yes I love the glam ones, that'd what I mean it's costs the same as putting a house on a remote piece of land by the lake

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:20pm
you'd be surprised who's already in the micro-business/loan business if you just ask maysay!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:21pm

Do you remember when Oprah and Gayle went camping? If Oprah doesn't sleep outside, neither do I. I wanna be in nature...but not like IN it.

But an RV with solar panels, composting toilet, wifi, shower, fridge...I could do that. I do like cooking stuff over a campfire though...as long as I can eat inside without the bugs.

yes I remember that with O & Gayle.

Bold: I'm the same way. That's why SIL laughs at me. I'll sit around the campfire talking and having fun. When food is ready, I go inside to eat. LOL

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:28pm

Yeah but the fact that I know that I will get responses/advice/input on another forum dedicated to that subject, it just make more sense for me to post it there.  I agree with maysay that BHM pretty much has the same type of topics over and over again. 

And honestly I am an open book type of person. I like to share things. I believe that your story can help people but I have seen some of the most petty things get brought back up. So I chose to keep it simple on here.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:36pm

That would be so much fun. You can stop and see other places on the way. There are good rv rental companies. I know there was a blog I used to follow of family that had 6 or 7 kids and they lived in their rv. I wish I could remember the name.

Plus, at disney you can bring your own food so having an rv makes that much easier.

Yeah I love sightseeing too. I want a nice comfy one with a nice kitchen area. Bringing my own food on trips has saved us soo much money. We eat out for maybe one or two meals each day and I make the other meal.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:38pm

I love driving too but I don't know if I can handle alla that on wheels lol. I know I'd need a big one.

lol. I think I can handle that big boy. 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:42pm
petite, yeah I think I can too. I used to drive a school bus back when they still allowed 16 year old students to do that .

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:43pm

have you seen the unicats? It can go ANYWHERE .... I'd love a luxury version of this

Yes I love the glam ones, that'd what I mean it's costs the same as putting a house on a remote piece of land by the lake

Yeah they get up there in price. For me, I think being mobile and being able to see lots of things is the draw.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:44pm
you guys should start the rv thread… 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:44pm

you'd be surprised who's already in the micro-business/loan business if you just ask maysay!

That is probably true.

Maybe I will start a thread on it.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:45pm
but I kinda see what yall are saying though about going to other forums where you know there's interest in your topic. I have an interest in tech stuff, audio, geeky type stuff. I had a dlna issue the other day that I wanted to ask bunz about so bad  LOL but I went to my other forum. Eventually, I figured it out myself though--WMP just sucks!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:46pm

you guys should start the rv thread… 

instead of taking this one all the way off topic huh lol

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:49pm

/thread

Instagram couldn't even get rid of Vine. LOL
And Facebook owns Instagram.
If anything Twitter killed forums. 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:50pm
Just saw the unicat. I likey.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 4:59pm
also I think  people end up discussing topics in the rt threads. So a lot of things that would have been a thread in past is discussed in RT. 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:03pm
Pan Africanism is my thing .. Not much of that here

Camping.. First world past times.

I'm African..done too much of that already..

Posted By: melikey
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:05pm
It's slow and boring. Not enough posters to bring fresh perspectives. I was on bedrest for almost 3 months and still couldn't bring myself to spend more than an hour or so a day on here.

Posted By: Random Thoughts
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:05pm
Only read the first page. I can def say forums are not dying. I post on several popular boards. Twitter/tumblr/instagram/facebook and reddit takes away some stuff but the very niche forums still get heavy traffic.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

here you goLOL

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:11pm
hope all went melikey

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:28pm
Supernatural events
money management
mental health 
parenting
sex
conspiracy theories

just some of the things that I like to read about

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:31pm
soaps!!
 but nobody care

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:33pm

hope all went melikey

Yes it did, I had a healthy baby boy and girl a couple of weeks ago!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:42pm
Yeah I know those threads have been made. I made one about voodoo and curses a few months back. But there were alot more members posting then too I believe.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

hope all went melikey

Congrats on the twins! I have 6 year old twin boys. Its fun and interesting to say the least.

Posted By: Junior Jr
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:55pm
The rules getting more strict didn't help esp when they're are other (and better) alternatives to bhm

jr.

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 5:55pm

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

here you goLOL
ay,

sometimes walking home from school was like camping

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:01pm
It's also summer. 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:01pm
RVs have travertine floors now... camping isn't what it used to be!

Congratulations melikey!  Twins what a blessing! 

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

hope all went melikey

Congrats on the twins! I have 6 year old twin boys. Its fun and interesting to say the least.

Thanks! Someone else told me the first year will be rough but it's worth it. I'm in the no sleep for me time right now so knowing it gets better gives me hope!

Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:09pm

RVs have travertine floors now... camping isn't what it used to be!

Congratulations melikey!  Twins what a blessing! 

Thank you!

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:21pm
i have been surprised about the slowness too, I was trying to get back to posting regularly like i use to but i rarely post because it is so slow. Hell even the tv show threads are slow

Posted By: Tbaby
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:36pm
Congrats Melikey on the new blessings in your life!!

I think the juvenile mindset that pervaded this site is what drove most away.  I don't even post as often because of it.  Ppl take things too personally and attack with alot of nastiness.

And posting errors drive me crazy, too.

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 6:47pm
people growing up and got sh*t to do ?

Print Page | Close Window