Forum Name: Weaves / Extensions
Forum Description: Discussions on Weaves
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=372025
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 6:24pm

Topic: Fingercomber Honey Comber, Crap Service, Crap Hair
Posted By: MimiSoLovely
Subject: Fingercomber Honey Comber, Crap Service, Crap Hair
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 7:52am
Hey Ladies!!! Earlier this year I purchased a fingercomber honey comber wig. It looked beautiful online and I have since then worn it and I'm telling you this, DO NOT BUY IT. #1 The shipping took forever, but I could bypass that IF it was a great wig. It tangles and mats and I followed ALL of the care guides down to a T. The first week was good but it had tangled so much that I followed the care instructions and washed the hair at the correct temp and then twisted into 10 twists. When I was done, i thought it would come out right but only the front was still formed with its curls, the other parts were straight, dry and matting within minutes. I'm not one to give up on hair quickly, so I then contacted fingercomber about it. At first LINDSAY from Fingercomber replied asking for pictures, I sent her pictures and then...nothing. No response. So 2 weeks later I sent another message and they replied "sorry for not responding" and sent me care instructions that were already included with the wig. I explained to them that I HAD followed the care instructions. Lindsay had asked me very specific questions initially,then the next message she acted as if she'd never even heard of me. I responded that I followed these instructions and she NEVER responded. If there is one thing I really can't stand is bad service. I'm filing a complaint on them and letting you know of my problems so you won't have to deal with it. Mind you I HAVE extensive experience with natural and synthetic hair and wigs and haven't had problems like this from 30 dollar natural wigs!!! I will be posting pics later when my camera gets to working!!!

Replies:
Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:43am
dang I am sorry this happened to you. so you washed it then it started to tangle? There is a way to restore this hair I think there is a bunch of tut. online
you can recurl the str8 parts with curl rods and boiling hot water -hth

Posted By: Keezyanduknoit
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 11:56am
Wow, smh!

Posted By: blackarosoe
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:10pm
Wow

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 12:35pm
I just told someone about that site...let me tell them not to purchase...sorry for your bad experiencce that is crazy

Posted By: book worm
Date Posted: Jul 03 2014 at 1:27pm
Thanks for sharing! I was thinking of purchasing. I'll save my $80 and put it towards the Heat Free Movement Hair.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 11:49am
Mimi I see you are in Detroit Char da stylist makes wigs and they are pretty. 

Posted By: ReviewThatHair
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:19pm
Hi Everyone ! Smile

I made an instagram @ReviewThatHair to help shed light on issues within the hair market and different sellers.

I was inspired by another thread on how no one really sees the bad reviews outside oh bhm. Ig is a huge advertising platform for hair companies. They can sell bad hair and if you complain you are shot down blocked, and deleted.

I believe people should see both and be able to make an informed decision when deciding to purchase from a hair company.

I've been getting torn down all day by the people have had good experiences so a little help or input from people who know and understand these issues would be nice !

Thanks !

Posted By: msjaim2
Date Posted: Jul 07 2014 at 11:27pm
^actually a good idea

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 2:47am
@msjaim2 Thanks ! If anyone has any advice or things to add pm or dm me Smile

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 10:06am
YESS a real good idea, all these companies starting up on Insta, if we could make a strong insta exposing these companies, they'd try to get it deleted I bet.
And you should share the pics if you can

Date Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:22pm
Kinky Curly Yaki already blocked me and some members who weren't so happy about me spreading the word on Jace, KCY, Yummy hair and Hair Everywhere.

The main issue is people will stand up for the company but no one will say anything negative even if they had negative experiences.

Since no one will say anything I have to find complaints already posted places most people wont look and post and tag them and that's so time consuming. Confused

Print Page | Close Window