Print Page | Close Window

Eddies daughters bleaching skin

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371990
Printed Date: Jul 21 2019 at 10:19am

Topic: Eddies daughters bleaching skin
Posted By: oneluv
Subject: Eddies daughters bleaching skin
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:53pm
This is sad as hell..... I use to see them all the time at this creole restaurant in the valley called Stevies. I always remembered them as the same color as their dad. I see her at a basketball game when she was around 18 and she magically turned light skin. I recently saw her sister at Topanga mall and she too was WAAAYYY lighter. They got a lot of surgery too smh. This is the 2 older girls and the younger one did something drastic to her face!

Shayne and Bria Murphy looked gorgeous at the 2014 BET Awards. Shanye wore a body-conscious white one-shouldered dress, while Bria offered a peek at her tummy in a two-piece satin pink number.Shayne Murphy Shayne Murphy arrives at ELLEs 5th Annual Women In Music Concert Celebration Presented by CUSP By Neiman Marcus  at Avalon on April 22, 2014 in Hollywood, California.

Replies:
Posted By: ModelessDiva
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:54pm
smh

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:56pm
A lot of that is powder, though. And I wish BHM/the internet would stop relying on pictures to determine skin tone. I'm Lupita's skin tone but depending on the camera, angle, lighting, makeup, I look like I'm damn near caramel in some pics. I am never the same color in pictures as I am IRL. I always look lighter than what I think I am.

If you look at the last picture you posted, the girl's scalp is the same color as the unhighlighted portion of her face and neck. Now unless you mean to tell me she went on and bleached her scalp, too.....

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:57pm
I don't think they're bleaching.....people lighten up or darken as they get older......her scalp is the same color as her face....

Femme beat me to it....

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:58pm
I agree fem. Im completely different complexions depending on when you catch me.

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 4:58pm
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/32/97/24/329724a7c80110c8806f67ebed564190.jpg

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

I don't think they're bleaching.....people lighten up or darken as they get older......her scalp is the same color as her face....

Femme beat me to it....

Not this drastically

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

Femme beat me to it....

Not this drastically

Yeah that drastic....my uncle went from that complexion when he was a baby to two shades lighter than me in his 40s with freckles.....its possible....

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:02pm

By the way that's both girls in the green dresses. Yes, people can lighten over time but come on now...

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:03pm
I like the white one shoulder dress.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:15pm
Ive seen them and trust this isn't the work of cameras or getting lighter over time.... The oldest one use to date a guy that went to Birmingham high school and my home girls are the ones who pointed it out after they saw her at Toxic. I noticed it too years ago.

Posted By: mzsophisticated
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:16pm
It does not look that drastic to me, I think its make up. Its funny I was just discussing this at my moms house over the weekend. My daugther did not realize it was me on my preteen cheerleading pics that my mom pulled out...lol..I was much darker when i was younger

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:19pm
people change shades from childhood to adulthood but this is clearly the work of bleaching. but hey light is right and they live in the land of botoxed blondes and exoticals if a black man is around

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:19pm
The picture was obviously taken in the Summer judging by the way they're dressed. We tend to get darker during this time.
Also as we get older we are more conscious of the damaging effects of the sun , and we also practice better skin care.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

The picture was obviously taken in the Summer judging by the way they're dressed. We tend to get darker during this time.
Also as we get older we are more conscious of the damaging effects of the sun , and we also practice better skin care.

gurl.. I'm there now LOL
years of laying out in the sun slathered in baby oil of all things.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Blac1Chyna Blac1Chyna wrote:

people change shades from childhood to adulthood but this is clearly the work of bleaching. but hey light is right and they live in the land of botoxed blondes and exoticals if a black man is around
Yep!! Sad but true. Black people in other states never fully get what its like here in LA. Especially people from places like Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, NY or Florida. Because they have bigger black populations and can't fathom how a black man could deny a woman that looked like Beyoncé. When in reality here in LA if your not mixed or white, black dudes might not date you even if your cute....

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:48pm
Everyone doesn't bleach...if either of them dated pleasure p she been that color.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:51pm

Yep!! Sad but true. Black people in other states never fully get what its like here in LA. Especially people from places like Chicago, Atlanta, Texas, NY or Florida. Because they have bigger black populations and can't fathom how a black man could deny a woman that looked like Beyoncé. When in reality here in LA if your not mixed or white, black dudes might not date you even if your cute....

wow that's sad. but I bet they'd date an average nonblack or mixed girl right?

so who do the black women date? I would imagine the black girls in la date white dudes or mexicans

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:54pm
bleach gate 2014
Your skin tone better not change ever.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 5:56pm
Her colour is too different not to have been altered. She's not using the cheap stuff though.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:00pm
Then again, she is at a red carpet event, so I suppose it's possible that the lighting is really that intense? She looks quite different though

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:07pm
as a kid you're outside a lot

That makes a difference 

But not sure if it makes THAT much difference 

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:10pm
even crappy lighting makes my skin color look different than what my skin color actually is

But the difference in the OP is quite dramatic

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:11pm
Why don't y'all make threads for people who get drastically darker?

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

Why don't y'all make threads for people who get drastically darker?

Not going to happen people only care when you get light

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:15pm
and if you are going to bleach,why go so pale? its just so common looking like anyone who aint black has that complexion

if I had to change my complexion I would want to be a sexy exotic shade like the red brown tone of emanuela de paula

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:16pm

wow that's sad. but I bet they'd date an average nonblack or mixed girl right?

so who do the black women date? I would imagine the black girls in la date white dudes or mexicans

I'm not gonna lie LA attracts all the pretty people from around the world that move here to "make it". That being said its hard for every girl. Its funny I had a friend from Atlanta visit and I took her to Greystone. She got to LA and was like everyone looks average... Later that night we go to Greystone and she was trippin like "I've never seen so many pretty people in one place". Anyways, dating a black guy is not as easy in LA. Even if you never thought to date guys of other races you become more open to it living in LA.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:18pm
im considerably lighter now than i was as a kid… 
i used to get called all types/variations of blue/black and burnt crispy…. 

but the difference in the OP is very dramatical…. 

Posted By: purple.chuckz
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:21pm
She went from log cabin to turmeric.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 6:48pm
Lmao.
I'm light as compared to when I used to play outside as a kid.
Yall would swear I'm bleaching. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:32pm
It looks like they were on a family trip. Somewhere hot. The momma is half white so I wouldn't put it past the girls being light.

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:41pm

I remember my aunt told me all the women in Cali look the same. Long hair, etc. She was rocking a short fly cut when she went and said everyone stared at her. And she never saw a black couple. Granted she was there for a week but still lol

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:42pm
Log cabin to tumeric

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 7:45pm
Bhm always claiming somebody is bleaching

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 8:11pm
I haven't seen this chart in a legit 2-3 years lmao

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 8:16pm
So all the black dudes in LA are coons?

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 8:46pm

Y'all's reaction of skin color reminds me of how white women react when i come to work with a new hairdo every other week

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:02pm
I can't believe that y'all are acting like they didn't go from brown to high yellow....

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 9:58pm
Same color range as Aaliyah

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=xMtniPjF0KCKJM&tbnid=zJK4KxobqR7GvM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.listal.com%2Fviewimage%2F2927896&ei=EHWzU7OyBMyZyAS-toDoBA&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFw1OpYsGBA42QCvZ8XDF8JQ3gdnw&ust=1404356175519639" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:20pm
I Remember the last skinetone chart thread. Folks were hesitantly picking rusty penny as their skinetone

Posted By: ChubbyYeti
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:36pm

Femme beat me to it....

Not this drastically

Yeah that drastic....my uncle went from that complexion when he was a baby to two shades lighter than me in his 40s with freckles.....its possible....

It happens. My mother and brother were very dark skin when they were young and became at least 3 shades lighter as they grew older. I was a little lighter than them when I was younger and gotten darker as I've gotten older.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I Remember the last skinetone chart thread. Folks were hesitantly picking rusty penny as their skinetone

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 10:41pm
I was darker as a kid to tho

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:10pm
BHM legit caping for bleachers now.

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:27pm
Why is it so hard for some of yall to recognize the various changes of medium skin tones due to age/makeup/tanning?

It's obvious that this is her natural skin tone in a perfectly lit area (she's surprisingly remained the same tone as when she was a child, peep the chest)...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=O6MQAxAaSO9yVM&tbnid=f5cCFh_v0VCyPM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Frollingout.com%2Fphotos%2Ffashion-photos-photos%2Fbria-murphy-eddie-murphys-top-model-daughter%2F&ei=1oazU6mYJdiwyATkoIHYAg&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGlK1gfBqI3SfRWRee2koXy6PEF0Q&ust=1404359968881491" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=lvvsAuJyyANRiM&tbnid=bPN90sUmf3GqdM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffictionalfantasies.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F36123589869%2Fthe-zodiac-book-3-pisces-chapter-61-part-2&ei=eYezU-G9CIiTyASwtoLQAw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGlK1gfBqI3SfRWRee2koXy6PEF0Q&ust=1404359968881491" rel="nofollow">

This is her with a bit of an uneven tan (again peep her chest, it's darker than her arms)...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=NjS7jqf6oW2KLM&tbnid=Ya_9OQ1dwFdQnM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.famegame.com%2FmediaObject%2F1306611%3Fobject_id%3D1306441%26type%3Dcore&ei=DoSzU-7mCoiQyATii4LQDw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGlK1gfBqI3SfRWRee2koXy6PEF0Q&ust=1404359968881491" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=l4_-JtMWFoOtPM&tbnid=RvXccobLv8KijM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnomercyforyourfaves.blogspot.com%2F2014%2F05%2Fnicole-murphys-daughter-bria-apologizes.html&ei=0ImzU7-uCMyiyATth4GIBw&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNHj54jqaTqnJS9nEy2CFiWU0LR2jQ&ust=1404361493181337" rel="nofollow">

and with darker make up and a deeper tan here

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=F0gbPYpHbXnqSM&tbnid=-wd2C2TSvfBVLM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sunny1043.com%2Fcommon%2Fmore.php%3Fm%3D49%26post_id%3D7361&ei=hoazU9XYNoSRyASi-4CoBA&bvm=bv.70138588,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGlK1gfBqI3SfRWRee2koXy6PEF0Q&ust=1404359968881491" rel="nofollow">

The pic of her in the OP she was obviously a child and had a deep tan probably from being outside, exposed frequently

Yall need to chill on assuming every Black chick is out here bleaching. That's a serious accusation and I don't know who yall hang around but bleaching is not extremely common from what I've seen. In pockets around the world, sure but there are so many other conditions that I would consider before thinking someone is bleaching

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:36pm
Thanks Alias for different pics

Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 11:58pm
It's like they don't even try to Google before making these accusations smh

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 1:13am
well dayum if that is special 'lighting'  it needs to follow me around 24/7LOLLOL

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 3:33am
They are definitely lighter lookin like Jelena now

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 3:36am
thats a bad dress on the left.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jul 02 2014 at 7:33am
I guess im too busy worrying about what jr doing, I dont even notice this type of stuff. 

Print Page | Close Window