Print Page | Close Window

Underprocessed hair causing breakage?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Hair Care
Forum Name: Hair Breakage
Forum Description: Hair Breakage issues, solutions, and discussions
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371973
Printed Date: Dec 16 2017 at 5:44pm

Topic: Underprocessed hair causing breakage?
Posted By: DierdreS
Subject: Underprocessed hair causing breakage?
Date Posted: Jul 01 2014 at 12:42am
So I use Mizani's Butter Blend No Lye relaxer. After reading around, I realized I have to chelate my hair. I have never chelated before and I don't think my stylist does either. She does a really great job with relaxers though so I think I can go home and use a chelating shampoo. With that being said,  I probably have huge amounts of calcium build up on my hair.

Anyway, a while ago I did a relaxer on myself (big mistake) I used Africas best no lye. My hair came out underprocessed and I hate it. It's also in the middle of the shaft which is even more annoying. Its frizzy and kind of rough. Without just chopping it off, is there a way to make this underprocessed area softer. Sometimes my hair crinkles up in a crazy angular pattern when it breaks. does anyone know why? My hair is porous by the way and kind of thick. I just want to know how to take care of these two textures without breakage. I have looked everywhere and also found that when you use a no lye relaxer and its underprocessed, its IMPOSSIBLE to make it straight with a corrective lye relaxer. Which is why I have to wait to chop it off. But in the mean time, I would like to make it as manageable as possible!

Thanks!

Print Page | Close Window