Print Page | Close Window

Floyd and Nicki Minaj shading Iggy?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371955
Printed Date: Nov 18 2017 at 10:18pm

Topic: Floyd and Nicki Minaj shading Iggy?
Posted By: OhMyCurlz
Subject: Floyd and Nicki Minaj shading Iggy?
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:54am
It's obvious that NIcki shaded Iggy, badly in her acceptance speech. I dont think Nicki writes her own material exclusively, but people act like Iggy is the Goddess of rap right now and I can see why that's annoying. Especially since she is a culture vulture and has not put in ANY work to be considered a good or even t decent rap artist. That bytch can't even lip sync her songs right. 

NOW. When Floyd didn't look at the card and announced on the BET awards that he "didn't have to" he "knew" it was Nicki I wonder if that was a direct jab at Iggy and T.I? 

Anyway, what are yall thoughts on this kindergarten beef....lol

Replies:
Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 7:40am
I didn't see the awards. More info?

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 7:57am
Nicki basically said Iggy doesn't write her own stuff, "when nicki spits, nicki wrote it." she also mocked iggys dance moves from fancy during iggys performance lol

Team nicki

Here is a link and here is a video of her acceptance speech and the mocking
consequenceofsound.net/2014/06/nicki-minaj-mocks-iggy-azalea-accuses-her-of-not-writing-her-own-music/

Posted By: indiecat
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 8:08am
Nicki kept saying no shade and it was obviously meant for Iggy, she said she hoped BET would continue to honor authenticity.

Posted By: AmiliaCabral
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 8:22am
Rap been a shadefest since its inception.

Put it in bars boo, put it in bars. If these white rappers wanna be part of the culture you gotta be ready to clap like a real rapper

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:02am

Nicki is a smart woman but her rhymes do not reflect that.....like she said she's in a male dominated field that doesn't value intelligence. Pills & Potions is a metaphor--actually when I heard her perform it, I liked the song.  This was Nicki's stage to shade Iggy essentially you're in my house, this is my award, bow down Australian bitch.

I had hoped the card didn't say Nicki to see the messiness. 

Posted By: Bribby
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:03am
I think she writes by herself, or anyone who does help her, like Wayne if he does is probably like claim that you wrote it IDC

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:21am
lmao @ knick nack patty wack raps making people think.  i like you nicki.  but i'm not here for your introspective thoughts.  no mam.  beats and ratchet anthems is all....thanks.

Posted By: bunzaveli
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:23am
let nicki minaj sh*t on that cracker, a year ago she was calling herself slave master and now she is 1 person away from winning bets artist of the year.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:24am
i guess she was also wretching way back to issue one more blow to the queen b (not to be confused with bey) with that i write all my own raps crap.  lol

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:25am
Originally posted by AmiliaCabral AmiliaCabral wrote:

Rap been a shadefest since its inception.

Put it in bars boo, put it in bars. If these white rappers wanna be part of the culture you gotta be ready to clap like a real rapper

yassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssClap  i'm here for that!

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:29am
oh and lastly ti need to send that bish off to an extensive 24/7/365 dance/grace boot camp.  her dancing is HORRIBLE and she moves hella awkwardly both in video and live.  you know you suck when they can't even edit you to make your movements look decent.  but nicki can't dance/move live to me either so....

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:31am
tbh, floyd was shading every woman in that category, not just iggy. eve, charli baltimore and a female christian rapper were up against nicki for best female rap artist

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:32am
charlie baltimore?  wtf?  i'm confused.

lort.  the female rap game is so wack.

Posted By: Ds2nice
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:38am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

lmao @ knick nack patty wack raps making people think.  i like you nicki.  but i'm not here for your introspective thoughts.  no mam.  beats and ratchet anthems is all....thanks.

Smh.   Keepin in 100, huh?  LOLLOL 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:44am
damn now i need to find me a lank so i can watch this train wreck unfold...lol

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 9:52am
I like nicki - but let's keep it real. The only reason why she blew up is because she had a pretty face. I'm not saying her lyrics are subpar because there's a lot of male rappers out with subpar ass lyrics that rely on the beat and production. Iggy must be annoying to her - but she only came up the same way you did nicki. Her looks, her white skin & curvy body isn't really different to me than nicki's looks and curvy body. And they both had a major male rapper backing them.

There's a lot of underground female rappers with skills that trump both of there's - but sex sells.

Anyway I will be watching to see if iggy snaps back.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 10:01am
Btw the two, Nicki is more of a lyricist than Iggy.  Iggy rhymes are on some cornball ish.  I wish some of ya'll would come clean and admit that.  This Iggy chick is on some watered-down-nursery-rhyming type of ish.    Her songs may sound catchy but the raps are utter BS.  Smh. 

The only reason why she is climbing the charts is because she's yht and curvy. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 10:19am
actually, i liked fancy (for the same reason i like nicki songs lol) before i even knew she was yt.   i listened to the rest of the album with high hopes.  unfortunately there were only 2 other songs i would even allow to play all the way thru.  very underwhelming.  fancy, new bish and f*ck love were the only to make it onto any sort of play list that i have.  then i went to look at the video for fancy and was like....oh my.  ok.  this bish is a terrible performer.  she moves like mimi...lol

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:26am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

lol spitting metaphors and making people think?

her raps are simple as fcuk

Clap I almost choked on my drink when she said that.

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:41am
Remy gets out soon. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:45am

hmmmmm...her hair always disturbed me.  never really checked for her music either.  i'll give her another try tho....

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:47am
I guess Nikki feels as if Iggy shouldn't be on the same stage as her being that she has dominated the rap game for awhile but I don't care for either of them.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:52am
Nicki calling herself authentic was hilarious. Nicki attacked because iggy is snagging her white girl fanbase. Sure blk women love/like nicki but those white girls are her bread and butter. Now that shes packed the blonde wig and ultra brite iggy filled that void.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 11:55am
hmmmm gkisses...you may be on to a lil sumthin sumthin...

Posted By: Alias_Avi
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:24pm
I understood that to be the case too Gkisses

I can't stand Nicki for jiving for White women. As a Black female, that should be one the biggest taboos and betrayals you could do but unfortunately African Americans have a culture of cooning so very few people even mention it

Nicki is jealous that this simple fake ass yt rapper can make garbage corporate rap music appeal to her fan base, if not in the same way, then better than she can

I couldn't care less for Nicki, she's a creation of white girls anyhow

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:32pm
I just discovered this artist yesterday... what do yall think of her

Her name is Doja Cat
FF to 4:00 and  6:15 to hear her spit

I don't really care for rap like that. I kinda think she wack but that last rap was okay

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:36pm
Well as a blk woman, i'm offended that simple-a$$ raps by a yht woman should be considered the best in the women's hip hop/rap genre.

I thought that some of ya'll here would be offended too.  As for Nicki, I think she should be offended.  Wouldn't you be?

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:38pm
No I wouldn't, not if I was making the same simple-ass raps Confused

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:42pm
dat wig doe?  Dead  ok..lemme go listen...

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:50pm
Lol ^ Exactly.. im sure yall seen basic bishes fight and ur just sitting there like yall basically the same bish..lol

I'm more offended that such mediocre talent is considered the best...i mean Charlie Baltimore? I feel like she was at home and was surprised by her own nomination. Hell throw them thugtastic chicks from Chicago in the mix. ..

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 12:57pm
Most of mainstream rap is basic as all hell. I'm mainly listening because I think the beat is hot. It serves it's purpose while I'm working out, getting ready to party etc.

So nah, it doesn't offend me that a white chic is just following the trend and what's making money.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:04pm
Nicki's first album was good.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:10pm
Folks stan for Iggy because she recycled Gwen Stefani's "Banana's" song with a "Glamorous" by Fergie vibe. Brings back memories. 

I would be insulted. Nicki is better than Iggy. Iggy is yet another culture vulture of the same likes as Miley and Justin Beiber only less talented. She's literally just....there. "Bounce" is awful. Nicki is not that bad.

And she came for Nicki first. I don't even like Nicki like that, but Iggy was considered the new face of hip hop by some mag. THAT is an insult. She has done nothing. She lip synced a song not worthy of needing to be lip synced but randomly shaded Nicki over the same sheit. At least when NIcki actin a fool it's a character. Iggy is trying to be something she's not. Gwen, Fergie, Robin, all are white and have and can transition to "black" music without trying or coming across as a Malibu's Most Wanted character when they are performing. Even Justin Beiber is not as phony. Her faking an ebonic accent is extra. Her trying to be a rapper is extra. 

She would be acceptable in the "miscellaneous" category with KeSha. 

2014 was the year of nu ni88as and nu wi88as and I'm through with it all. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:17pm
Not even gonna waste my breath defending some who makes ignorant music period. What do Black women gain by being concerned with Nicki Minaj's legacy and success? This is why the state of Black music currently fails

Waste your energy on quality and authenticity
Some of yall will take up for anything, as long as it comes in a Black package

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:19pm
I'm here for the shading tis all...LOL

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:20pm
your avi rumi… 
Embarrassed

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:22pm
right i'm ready for a rap battle.  even if it is romper room style...lol

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

right i'm ready for a rap battle.  even if it is romper room style...lol

TC needs a lunch break in the corner STAT.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

your avi rumi… 
Embarrassed

Back up boo.....dats all me.....Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:36pm
Eh. Most people defend anything in a white package.......

Nobody's siding with Nicki on some "sista soul" sheit. Iggy is just wack as is and there is no effort on her part not to be. 

I love how Nicki getting that ole' Lil Kim karma back though. That sh*t boomeranged back on her in 2-3 years..lolLOL 

Posted By: noneyons
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:44pm
 kudos to nicki for taking a stand but this thing is much bigger than her. as someone on that other board so eloquently stated, don't be surprised if in 30/40 years we're telling our grandkids how hiphop USED to be black the same way our grandparents told us that rock USED to be all us. 

smh at the nicki bashers. 

lmao

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Lol ^ Exactly.. im sure yall seen basic bishes fight and ur just sitting there like yall basically the same bish..lol

I'm more offended that such mediocre talent is considered the best...i mean Charlie Baltimore? I feel like she was at home and was surprised by her own nomination. Hell throw them thugtastic chicks from Chicago in the mix. ..

Not the same bish.  This is a battle of yht people taking credit/getting recognition for things that they don't deserve.  It falls into the same bucket as corn rolls, southern food vs. soul food, and Angelina Jolie's plump lips. 

If Iggy was blk, she wouldn't get any awards or hip hop titles.  You should ask yourself that question whenever some random talentless person gets recognition for something out of the ordinary. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 1:57pm
LOL

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:04pm
hell, if soljah boy had shaded eminem, i'd support him just like i do nicki. 

i swear i don't understand some of yall. 

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:04pm
I hate all y'all!CryLOL

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:12pm
Theyre the same talking bout the same handbags imaginary trap life on starships while being fancy. I know mediocre white talent doing something historically black gets more praise than necessary. Theyre both lame. I dont need a history lesson to see that. Shh nicki seemed hella comfortable taking on her role as Barbie to please megan and nem.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:12pm
Yall lost ones are the type that would defend a Black crack dealer if a White dealer stole his spot Wacko

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:15pm
Souja boy tho...u could of said Kendrick lamar....lol jezuz.

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Yall lost ones are the type that would defend a Black crack dealer if a White dealer stole his spot Wacko
Hey now! That black crack dealer worked hard for that crack spot lol

yt dealer needs to stick to meth.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Not to mention that he already has to inflate his price due to being bamboozled by Japanese Columbian for those sma lunchbags

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:29pm

In a battle between a HORRIBLE white artist and a bad black artist. The white artist wins by a landslide. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:33pm
i used to like eminem.  he is garbage now...

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:37pm
oh we pickin winners?  well nicki won the award didn't she?

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:37pm
Dead

Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Not to mention that he already has to inflate his price due to being bamboozled by Japanese Columbian for those sma lunchbags

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:42pm
Another thing about nicki speech that was funny. how at one point lil wayne would get frustrated because she would take weeks to write a hook. I just imagined her stressing and then like boom! You a silly ho was born.

That and the rumors bout wayne having ghost writers

Posted By: creole booty
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 2:53pm
These ghost writers must literally be f.ucking ghosts because people have said that for years and they havebt revealed themselves. Nikki and Wayne b on some how high sh*t smoking rappers ashes to get hot rhymes. Not lines, but literally rhymes. Sometimes it makes no sense, but it rhymes.

Kanyes ghost writer been came out, and kanyes raps are...

I gave up on supporting popular music in general a while ago. I listen at parties and for free. No money given.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:02pm
Eminem was good and did his own thing.  He rapped like a poor white boy from the hood.  And he is a good lyricist.  He can't be compared to Iggy, that's insulting to him.  Iggy is performing herself as she performs. AGAIN, I like Fancy but it is what it is.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:09pm
....Iggy's a horrible artist that is getting praised for it. 

Nicki's a not good artist that get's praised for it. 

Exerting no effort for large results >>>>>>>> exerting a small amount of effort for large results. 

Iggy is winning if not for the simple fact she has achieved success and does not even TRY to sound good, then for the fact that Nicki feels pressed. 

You don't have to cosign Nicki to acknowledge Iggy is undeserving of the attention she's getting right now. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:16pm
Working hard at being horrible

When gezuz says yas nobody can say no

Eta. Why not be more or equal outraged that female rappers better than nicki arent being represented

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:21pm
Y'all....need to keep it real.....everything nicki puts out aint trash.....

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:27pm
Remy Ma hurry up & get out.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Y'all....need to keep it real.....everything nicki puts out aint trash.....

Okay/Meh-Garbage spectrum

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:28pm
the quality of nicki's music is subjective but there is no denying the fact that this iggy chic is capitalizing off of an imitation of black mc's.

all these extreme comparisons about drug dealers and sh*t is for the birds. a damn joke.

on a different note, chris rock shaded robin thicke after he performed when he mentioned the song that sounds so much like marvin gaye he thought his daddy was gone shoot him lol

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:29pm

Working hard at being horrible

When gezuz says yas nobody can say no

Eta. Why not be more or equal outraged that female rappers better than nicki arent being represented

there have been threads on this though....but honestly they'd probably put out the same kinda sh*t once they got put on.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:31pm
it's funny cuz it's true LOL

oh okay

nicki works harder and puts out sh*t, while iggy does not work as hard and puts out sh*t (I think it's sh*t others may not)

well that is usually how it goes and it is not fair

but I will not cape for nicki for that reason alone....

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:32pm
how much progress do people think will be made by flapping gums on the internets? nikki has a platform to speak up and she wasn't scared to use it. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:33pm
didn't she apologize for that?

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:33pm
Lyricist are cool and all but they aren't my thing.

I'll listen to a "deep" song once or twice and get tired of hearing the same message.

But let a  song with a good beat and terrible lyrics come on....ish is getting added to my workout playlist for to listen to on repeat for years to come

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:34pm
Yes because "flapping gums" about boost-mobile having ass niccas is doing so much more for the Black community

You stay making stupid nonsensical points

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:35pm
Nicki used her platform to call yall silly hos and aint shh Brothas. So lil white girls could sing it for Ellen.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:36pm
so let us black women fight in a thread about a black woman calling out a white chic. fcking hilarious. you will not bait me. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:38pm
i like nicki.  but she ain't spittin hot fyah nah.  come on...

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:38pm
Whos fighting tho....lol

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:39pm
fcuk that puss ass cracker, what is going on in this thread ?

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:40pm
not you gkisses. 

i don't know a single nicki minaj song. hell, i keep mispelling her name. shows how much i know about her but i will support a black woman over a white woman all day everyday.

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

These ghost writers must literally be f.ucking ghosts because people have said that for years and they havebt revealed themselves. Nikki and Wayne b on some how high sh*t smoking rappers ashes to get hot rhymes. Not lines, but literally rhymes. Sometimes it makes no sense, but it rhymes.

Kanyes ghost writer been came out, and kanyes raps are...

I gave up on supporting popular music in general a while ago. I listen at parties and for free. No money given.

Isn't that the whole point of being a ghostwriter lol? They aren't suppose to reveal themselves because they are under contract and cannot claim the rights to songs they wrote. People can speculate whether or not Wayne has ghostwriters, but only Wayne and the possible ghost writer knows.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:42pm
"bait" you? lol You. are. paranoid

This is called a discussion lol

Nicki is a decent rapper who makes purposely makes sh*tty music. No one said she has to be "conscious" in order not to sh*tty

I ain't capin' for no rapper, black or otherwise, who makes sh*tty music period

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:43pm
there have been fifty leven examples of nicki's terrible music in this thread. narry a word has been typed about the white girl by the nicki bashers. wtf, yo

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:45pm
i listen to moment 4 life when im on the treadmill

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:45pm
lordy. i'm talking about black music. this is not politics. 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:47pm
Creole you stoopidLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Talking bout smoking ashes like How High.....CryLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:47pm
Are you REALLY making the argument that no one on BHM has anything to say about Iggy's music sucking?!?!? Really? Do you really want to insinuate that?

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:49pm

I like both conscious rap and rathcet ish

I think nicki does a bad job, period

Right sasha go hard "out the bottle" is str8 ratchet...and puts me in the mood for illicit behavior

I still like angel haze tho

I have a few Iggy and Nicki songs in my playlist.....

dont let them gang up on you noneyon, im on your side. you go girl.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:51pm

I agree.  This is why we can't get anywhere in life because blk women are not getting enough support.   Got get out of that crabs-in-a-barrel mentality ladies.  Even when we are not perfect, we should try to support each other.  The Beckys in the world support each other.  We need to learn to do the same.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:53pm
i aint scurred bunz. 

i'll elevate if the dialogue does. until then, i'll save my brain cells. 

Bunz is starting to remind me of Lafayette from True Blood

So we got 'crabs in a barrel' mentality cuz we don't stick up for a sh*tty Blk artist, who sold out, when the chickens came home to roost???? Yall are hilarious LOL

Welp, nuff said... lol

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:55pm
Ive never heard an Iggy song.  I dont listen to the radio at all
I always that Nicki was water trash.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:56pm

nicki killed that chiraq, tho.

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:59pm
i never said anyone was ganging up on me, samone. that was bunz wth? 

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:59pm
I dont think online discussion is like RL though.

Online everything either becomes a pissing contest or widly irrational just for no reason.

Discourse with ppl in front of you is just....different.

I've had some blow up arguments with ppl but its just not the same online

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

your avi rumi… 
Embarrassed

Back up boo.....dats all me.....Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:02pm
team noney 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

rofl.Dead

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:05pm
i like some of nickis songs.. and i like a few of iggys 

they may both be basic but ill side with the black vs. the white austrailian girl imitating yet talmbout slave owning 

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:06pm
It's not an either/or situation tho?

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 4:08pm

Bunz is starting to remind me of Lafayette from True Blood

Print Page | Close Window