Print Page | Close Window

NBC Anchor Tamron Hall Debuts New Natural hairdo

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371914
Printed Date: Nov 23 2017 at 10:09pm

Topic: NBC Anchor Tamron Hall Debuts New Natural hairdo
Posted By: indiecat
Subject: NBC Anchor Tamron Hall Debuts New Natural hairdo
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:29pm
Is this a repost?

Think there is a video in link
http://m.today.com/style/tamron-hall-wears-her-natural-hair-first-time-tv-we-1D79860450

On The Show
Tamron Hall wears her natural hair for the first time on TV – and we love it
Amy DiLunaTODAY
12 hours ago

Let's face it: Tamron Hall always looks amazing. So on Friday, for the first time ever, when she wore her natural hair on air, she was gorgeous as always.

"It looks great," said Al Roker.

"Every two seconds there's a whole thing about your hair, what you're wearing. You rock," said Carson Daly, referencing the chatter on #OrangeRoom.

Replies:
Posted By: NJHairLuv
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:30pm
She looks damm good straight or coiled. I love that woman!
She said a while back on the today show that she doesnt relax her hair and usually wears it coiled up when she is on vacation and she showed some pix of it.

Posted By: marumaruyobi
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:31pm
She is beautiful.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:33pm
hope it becomes commonplace! 

All over TV, all over the world

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:33pm
While I love that she is being acknowledged as being beautiful with her fro, I also agree with people that say, why does this have to be some news story? Why not allow her the freedom to go back and forth from straight to coiled fro without the hoopla? Why not put pressure on some of the non-black newscasters to take their hair to its natural non blow dried state. We want to see their natural beauty too?

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:37pm
very cute.  it's hard for me to disassociate her real life personality back in the day with the onscreen one...although i'm sure she has changed.... 

Posted By: OoDles O
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:39pm
thats Awesome...

She's like the Jackie Robinson of natural blackhair TV news anchors now.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:41pm
watching old shows in tvone, a lot of black wore natural hair

Now it's rare, hopefully there's a renaissance of natural hair

natural hair shouldn't be a fad it should be the norm

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:42pm
what was she like TC lol

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:42pm
thats true.... for the small amount that made it to the big screen.

but I agree ... shouldn't be a fad 

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

thats Awesome...

Yah her wearing her natural hair shouldn't be a big deal. It's just these days black women's natural hair has been made the enemy. our hair styles get attacked and our natural hair is called messy by our own people and others. I think she looks great.

I see she mentioned curlynikki

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

what was she like TC lol

very very very ratchet...lol

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

what was she like TC lol

storytime?

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:47pm
she is beautiful

Posted By: Ladycoils
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:49pm
Her hair looks great both ways

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:50pm

what was she like TC lol

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:59pm
3 verys?

lol

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:00pm
I love her! I want to be like her when im in my 40s (with hair though I need some olivia length hair at least lol)

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

what was she like TC lol

storytime?

I've heard she loves her some hood fi s

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:01pm
^^fi s lol

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:02pm
Wtf?! Bhm won't let me type f I g g a s

Posted By: SimplyPut
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:07pm
She looks gorgeous, although I still think it is ridiculous that the world considers it amazing to see a black woman wear her hair the way it grows out her scalp.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

thats Awesome...

LOLOprah had an afro when she was a news anchor (it wasnt national news though).
Robin Roberts has a fro on Good Morning America for a while after her recovery from cancer.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:37pm
I wonder how do you straighten hair this short? I didn't think it was doable (at least not without a perm). It's basically a twa.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

I wonder how do you straighten hair this short? I didn't think it was doable (at least not without a perm). It's basically a twa.

With a flat iron. It is easy. I had less than 2" of hair and was flat ironing it from time to time.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:41pm
yes.  most of the men she was with back in the day were big time dealers.  she used to date a girl I know brother..a hustla.  he was also short and crazy.  she was also known for fighting her men, their side chicks and busting windows and shyt...lol  totally about that life...

oh and the building i used to work in was right next door to where she filmed.  she would be in my building all the time...because we banked at the same branch in there.  she was always always overdrawn and in there looking distraught with reams and reams of her account activity printed out...

lol...but again...i'm sure she's changed....  

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:45pm
Lol at overdrawn account

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:46pm
lol. Damn! 
Do you really think she changed? I can see how that reputation is hard to shed.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:50pm
yeah...my business banker used to always joke about how horrible she was managing her money.  he was soooooo f*cking unprofessional.  Dead

oh and the short crazy guy ended up having a stroke.  i always wondered if she was gonna stay with him after that...but we know she bounced...served him right...

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

lol. Damn! 
Do you really think she changed? I can see how that reputation is hard to shed.

beyonce nope gif!  lol

but i hope she has...

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:56pm
this is the land of opportunity. im glad that she has made a good name for herself in journalism.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

With a flat iron. It is easy. I had less than 2" of hair and was flat ironing it from time to time.

Was it a mini flat iron or a regular one? I'm assuming it would take some level of skill to do that...

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:58pm

this is the land of opportunity. im glad that she has made a good name for herself in journalism.

yeah she had a great name in the media then as well.

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:59pm
I watch her on Investigation ID.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:02pm

yeah she had a great name in the media then as well.

Wow! I was assuming that the rough patch was during her college days and priorShockedShockedShocked

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:03pm

Was it a mini flat iron or a regular one? I'm assuming it would take some level of skill to do that...

I have both, so I probably did use my 1/2 GHD. The key is in the blowdrying tho. And not trying to flat iron on a hot day when your scalp is perspiring. Its super easy to tho.
But I come from the straightening comb era so going from fro to straight isnt a challenge for me.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:05pm
no mam.  she was very much on the air here (chicagos daytime news darling...every man drooled over her lol) during this time.  she's f*cking awesome at what she does.  she just had a very colorful personal life...tis all.

Posted By: MinnyMiss16
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:13pm
How does she not have any heat damage (she flat irons and blowdries), cause I've never seen her with anything but straight hair.

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:28pm

yes.  most of the men she was with back in the day were big time dealers.  she used to date a girl I know brother..a hustla.  he was also short and crazy.  she was also known for fighting her men, their side chicks and busting windows and shyt...lol  totally about that life...

oh and the building i used to work in was right next door to where she filmed.  she would be in my building all the time...because we banked at the same branch in there.  she was always always overdrawn and in there looking distraught with reams and reams of her account activity printed out...

lol...but again...i'm sure she's changed....  

damn i was gonna say I was BHM had an incog button so that TC could spill the tea but I see you typed it with your chest my hitta

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:56pm
I adore Tamron Hall. Like stan adore. I'm happy she may be ratchet actually lmao

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 11:32pm

At TC's story. I also felt like this when someone posted that Stacy Dash was rachet in a past life.

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 11:40pm
Mz Hall looks beautiful.

She has the face to wear it that short.

Very youthful on her

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:38am
Cute love her cut.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:40am
So that's not a big chop? Oh.

Posted By: liesnalibis
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:43am
Originally posted by SimplyPut SimplyPut wrote:

She looks gorgeous, although I still think it is ridiculous that the world considers it amazing to see a black woman wear her hair the way it grows out her scalp.

Says a lot, doesn't it?

Posted By: kerysdream7
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:50am
Beautiful lady curly or straight. Tamron brings sooo much life to the Today show. 

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

How does she not have any heat damage (she flat irons and blowdries), cause I've never seen her with anything but straight hair.

I've always thought that sometimes get straight hair is real and sometimes it is a 27pc.

If the flat iron & blow dryer arent on very high heat, you will not get heat damage if you wrap it at night. Plus, I have seen old pix of her where her hair texture didnt look like it was difficult to straighten...

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:58pm
I'm watching her on the ID network now. She is very beautiful. Her sister, RIP, was gorgeous too. I wonder what her parents and other siblings (if she has any) look like.

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:03pm

Originally posted by MinnyMiss16 MinnyMiss16 wrote:

I've always thought that sometimes get straight hair is real and sometimes it is a 27pc.

If the flat iron & blow dryer arent on very high heat, you will not get heat damage if you wrap it at night. Plus, I have seen old pix of her where her hair texture didnt look like it was difficult to straighten...

Some people just have really strong, resilient hair. My sister is able to flat iron and blow dry regularly with oil and has never suffered any heat damage.Her hair has a fine, looser curl pattern than mine and she is able to use super high heat with no issues.  I managed to damage a part of my bang in less than 2 weeks and I took all the precautions. 

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 1:45pm
She keeps her hair so short that I think its not old and weak enough to heat damage like longer hair.

Her hair is only about an inch. She has a whole new head of perfectly health hair almost every month.

New growth is scwrong

Posted By: Blac1Chyna
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:50pm
I love that she was ratchet. It makes her even more likable

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by marumaruyobi marumaruyobi wrote:

She is beautiful.

Print Page | Close Window