Print Page | Close Window

I saw a celeb today

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371861
Printed Date: Dec 11 2017 at 9:54pm

Topic: I saw a celeb today
Posted By: liesnalibis
Subject: I saw a celeb today
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:02pm
Nicholas Cage in the French Quarter, around 3 pm with his wife, kid, and presumably his bodyguard.

I was geeked lol. That is all.

Any of you have any RANDOM celeb encounters?

Replies:
Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:05pm
the only actor I intensely dislike is Nicolas Cage... it is unreasonable and unnecessary and u don't why I feel that way lol

Is his face lift obvious in person? 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:08pm
i saw yeezy walking down mich ave back in his back pack days sporting a lv back pack...

oh i also saw the r coming up the escalator at the movie theater on 600 n michigan (chi town folks will know the long azz escalator i am referring to) and once again at the amc river east.  he must like watching movies with the peoples.  his tour bus was parked outside...lol

i just saw the chick from la hair (angela) scouting out a chi location.  she is cute irl

i saw jackay (sp) at a popular southside black owned restaurant a few years back having lunch...

i rode on the plane with bruce bruce  lmaooooo

i'll be back if i can think of any others...lol

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

the only actor I intensely dislike is Nicolas Cage... it is unreasonable and unnecessary and u don't why I feel that way lol

Is his face lift obvious in person? 

LMAO I didn't notice. We were passing each other and he had really dark sunglasses on. From the side I wasn't so sure it was him but he was with an Asian woman and kid and I did some research and found out his wife was Asian. They were just strolling on Royal Street near the art galleries and jewelry and specialty shops with a random white man. Nick was holding the little boy's hand. He's like an inch taller than me, if that.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:14pm
kinda random....i saw lil wayne a few years back when i was in new orleans for the essence festival.  he was staying in the same hotel as us.  i saw him in the hotel lobby with his entourage.  he looked like a roach in the face and dirty...Cry

speaking of dirty and roach faced...waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day i saw foxy brown in Newark on that street where all the korean shops are...damn i can't think of the name of that street.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:16pm
Oh when I was a teen working at McDonald's Nivea came through the drive through. I served her.

At that same McDonald's the Cash Money crew came in after closing.

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:16pm
I saw this dude that plays for the wizards down at the wharf. Forgot his name. 

Posted By: _ConcreteRose_
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:18pm
Nice! Ya'll are lucky because I almost never see famous people around.

Mike Tyson's daughter went to my high school so I've seen him a few times. Very nice guy. The novelty wore off the first time.

This wasn't random, but Wale gave me a high five. ayy!

Also met al green at a random pit stop on my way to New York. He gave my mom an autograph on a napkin. lol

Oh yeah I've seen many basketball and football players. Never a really huge one like Derrick Rose or Tony Romo.

I have mutual friends with Chance the Rapper so Im bout to be in thereStern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:20pm
i see common often.  he seems to be always around.  i respect him for that...

I've seen Lil Wayne at my middle and high school too when he was still local. He wasn't a current student at either.

Posted By: keepgrowing
Beyonce at the airport back in the original destiny child's days. Signed an autograph too.

Travis McCoy from Gym class heros at venice beach while he was shooting a music video. 

Jessica Alba at whole foods in Austin with her baby. I was checking out and saw all these kids taking pictures and there she was. 

Matthew Mcconaughey walking around UT.

My cousin played soccer with Mike Meyers in New York. He said he was really cool and no one asked for an autograph they were just playing a game randomly and Mike asked to play with them.

Some random Houston artists lol.

Posted By: saxssyvixen29
About a few months ago, I saw Keke Palmer on Bourbon Street.  It was so random, I turned the corner and there she was with her little crew of other pretty girls.
I took a few pictures with her. The next day I went to work to show off my "celebrity pictures" and no one and I mean NO ONE knew who I was talking about. Ouch  I was like, well poot y'all bucket headed bastards...LOL

Oh and I saw the guy from the Farmer's Insurance commercial (J. K. Simmons) at the Cheesecake Bistro. My friend and I were too chicken to go up to him.

eta: my husband reminded me about him a minute ago.LOL

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:24pm
i saw tiny several years back in miami at that place on the corner where they serve alcoholic slurpies...lol.  she was with her girls just chillin.  i don't even think i saw any body gaurds...

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:25pm
Oh yeah, one more. I've met Issa Rae and the guy who plays fred. And have taken pics with ALL of dormtainment. Rome and C. Milli was super nice. Tay was kind of not nice.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:26pm
oh how could i forget i sat a table over from cornell west at gibsons...i also have seen him walking down the street in dc...lol

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by saxssyvixen29 saxssyvixen29 wrote:

About a few months ago, I saw Keke Palmer on Bourbon Street.  It was so random, I turned the corner and there she was with her little crew of other pretty girls.
I took a few pictures with her. The next day I went to work to show off my "celebrity pictures" and no one and I mean NO ONE knew who I was talking about. Ouch  I was like, well poot y'all bucket headed bastards...LOL

Oh and I saw the guy from the Farmer's Insurance commercial (J. K. Simmons) at the Cheesecake Bistro. My friend and I were too chicken to go up to him.

I didn't know you were from New Orleans!

Posted By: HowardAlumAKA
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:28pm
Chris Rock in L.A., he pinched my butt and my cheeks. He was making a joke out of my baby looking cheeks

Posted By: kfoxx1998
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:31pm
Nick Cage is sooooo weird!!

My Celebrity encounters: 

Sugar - He was fine as hell when I was little.  My mouth was open.  I think my momma was embarrassedEmbarrassed:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=CiElxv9hthNnlM&tbnid=45UJW4lKx7ulPM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.zap2it.com%2Fblogs%2Fusher_set_to_play_sugar_ray_leonard_on_screen-2012-03&ei=vWWrU5xqrsmxBOXjgNgB&bvm=bv.69620078,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNG-4X8UOvsbwws7h6jyd1r0xIadqg&ust=1403828017994693" rel="nofollow">

Sammore - Looking just like this in the airport.  Shockingly she is extremely tiny

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=i0EggGczIhrv6M&tbnid=obs6QGaJ3fwhjM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ztopics.com%2FSommore%2F&ei=_WarU-3vGorIsASHv4LYBA&bvm=bv.69837884,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFB1z5cDGsR6JyRr0zsgNLB8uzM0Q&ust=1403828331309807" rel="nofollow">

Ms. Laura - One of the nicest people I have ever met in my life.  Very quiet and extremely humble.  http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=NvWgvu8i5YGd6M&tbnid=G2fLISO7nSJv3M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prlog.org%2F12234271-queen-of-comedy-laura-hayes-delights-la-audiences-in-how-to-marry-the-bank-comedy.html&ei=NGerU7-KEeO_sQTE_oGgBA&bvm=bv.69837884,bs.1,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFncHMdGR79nHgpXH4ap9odtgDs4g&ust=1403828399072549" rel="nofollow">

Nia - Another very tiny person (Stature).  Very intenseWink

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=s6YJrDEExIhOhM&tbnid=sXznUkWrAlYQ0M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theplace2.ru%2Fphotos%2FNia-Long-md1840%2Fpic-242039.html&ei=hGerU7ODBuThsAT0uoLIDA&bvm=bv.69620078,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFOEV77Zl5r-2aJN9ZsnDmrtN2cyA&ust=1403828474686181" rel="nofollow">

(because of this niccah right hereLOL)

Dorsey - he doesn't count as "met" because I've always known him.  Good kid. 
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=7sXNGfUtohd15M&tbnid=aESVFEgrIHiUAM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indiegogo.com%2Fprojects%2Fbell-rung-help-dorsey-levens-reduce-the-tragic-effects-of-head-trauma-in-sports&ei=wmerU5u6MYHksATSxYCwBg&bvm=bv.69837884,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNFNDbR0WHv2lcIF61rw5U3INoLdrQ&ust=1403828530813314" rel="nofollow">

Giancarlo - Complete fkcn coon and a jackass to boot.  Direct Quote: "I'm not black" <-- annoyed face and all.  In the company of a tall blond soap opera actress with extremely large breast enhancementsStern Smile:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=9EknTYUR_lapQM&tbnid=1PJML4OF3cHHmM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Ftafarikhalil%2Fblack-actors-and-the-emmys%2F&ei=WGarU5GOCOWlsASD_YDgBg&bvm=bv.69620078,bs.1,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNGuSGJj1GkK3DJD7THzRlCkHpe8iQ&ust=1403828160003674" rel="nofollow">

Morris - Lort!!!  in airport screening line even finer in person

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=IqaKDyP2xuJMvM&tbnid=sDuQbYV3OdSd9M:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.plentyofcheddar.com%2Factors%2Fmorris-chestnut-net-worth%2F&ei=wGarU8HDFozlsASb4oLQDA&bvm=bv.69837884,d.cWc&psig=AFQjCNECT8ZWQwzodSqOhMmMAUr9e9dAuw&ust=1403828280229310" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:32pm
My bestie in high school got a speeding ticket from chasing after ludacris on the highway. She got in so much trouble with her dad who did not believe her story one bit. LOL

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:33pm
+ Random yt celebrities at various airports.  Zero fcks given.  Too tired and aggravated at the airport so you have to be someone I Heart for me to rememberEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Fraiche2Death Fraiche2Death wrote:

LL, Tupac back in the day, Allen Iverson (used to eat at the same restaurant all the time) Brad Pitt filming something, Cameron Diaz filming a movie next to my house, Denzel Washington & Tom Hanks when they were shooting Philadelphia, That white lady from Cold Case filming and scaring the sh*t outta me (she's white as hell..ghost white) A<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 1.4;"> bunch of rappers, Mark Wahlberg. </span>
<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 1.4;">The funniest is Trey Songz walking into Burger King and expected people to care. Not a single fcuk was given that day and he looked surprised. </span>LOL

2pac!! I'm jelly... :(

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:34pm

LL, Tupac back in the day, Allen Iverson (used to eat at the same restaurant all the time) Brad Pitt filming something, Cameron Diaz filming a movie next to my house, Denzel Washington & Tom Hanks when they were shooting Philadelphia, That white lady from Cold Case filming and scaring the sh*t outta me (she's white as hell..ghost white) A bunch of rappers, Mark Wahlberg. 

The funniest is Trey Songz walking into Burger King and expected people to care. Not a single fcuk was given that day and he looked surprised. LOL
LOL

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

LL, Tupac back in the day, Allen Iverson (used to eat at the same restaurant all the time) Brad Pitt filming something, Cameron Diaz filming a movie next to my house, Denzel Washington & Tom Hanks when they were shooting Philadelphia, That white lady from Cold Case filming and scaring the sh*t outta me (she's white as hell..ghost white) A bunch of rappers, Mark Wahlberg. 

The funniest is Trey Songz walking into Burger King and expected people to care. Not a single fcuk was given that day and he looked surprised. LOL
LOL
IDK why, but it just seems like he would act like this.LOL

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:44pm
I met Reagan Gomez-Preston back when The Parent Hood (around 1998-99) was on. My friend's mom had connections and she brought Reagan over during our sleepover. I got her autograph but I left the autograph at my friends house by accident Ouch Never saw it again.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:46pm
Sammons is tiny?! She seems like she's 6'1"

How was Tiny in person, somehow Id love to think she's better in person, people are so hard on her 

Posted By: saxssyvixen29
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by saxssyvixen29 saxssyvixen29 wrote:

I didn't know you were from New Orleans!

Shocked Lol, yes ma'am, GO SAINTS!LOL

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:48pm
I can't seem to shop Whole Foods without running into Elijah Woods. He's my height about 5'4 and is very nice.
Early morning jog, I often see John Lithgow. I don't speak to him because he scares me.
These are the latest I've bumped into recently.

A few years ago, I saw Kim and Khloe at a boutique. Over heard them before I knew who they were, they sound like Sistas. 

I've seen many at Venice Beach but I don't know their names--I don't have much interest in the teens celebs.

Most I've met have been very cool.

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:51pm
I saw Jodeci get into a car accident wayy back in the day in LA.

Brian Mc Knight at the beach and had the nerve to act like he was "spotted"...LOL

The chick that wears all white, ummm what's her name Lisa Raye

The guy from the show with Monique, some yt actress on the WB now in a show with Ray Romano... I always see prelims on tv..

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:52pm
Shemar Moore....he looks good in person but an ass

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:52pm
I saw sean kingston at the millenia mall here in Orlando and no one cared lmfao he was like 10 deep in his entourage like why though

Chris brown at the florida mall the little teen girls were going nuts

midget mac at the club lmfaooo back in I love new york days he was really feelin his self

scott storch at the millenia mall valet

Elin woods was getting shoes in my dept with her black babies lol after the whole tiger woods cheating thing...she is stunning soooooooo gorgeous

wale was in the next department over

a big black guy was also in my store I know he was a football player but idk who he was he pulled out a big stack of 100s

some nba player from the magic he was huge and had a thick beard

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Any of you have any RANDOM celeb encounters?
seen them all the time in la.acters/singers/ rappers. they would all come to the music wherehouse *which is now exstinct* for meet and greets. some when out shopping. some i didnt realize were famous until later on. no biggie. LOLi was really happy to meet whats his face from moesha? the dark bald one. the heck was his name? anyways he was probably the only one i treated specialEmbarrassed

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:08pm
I saw Mike Tyson back in the late 80's in SE DC. He was parked across the street at these apartments. Apparently he was visiting one of his ladies. He had this really nice benz and it had one of those alarms that would tell you to step away from the car lol. All the kids(including me) kept going near it to make it talk again. His bodyguard was like "y'all get the hell away from there!" He look just as crazy in person as he does on tv.

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:24pm
Ones I've seen in a non-paid setting

Lil wayne
Slim thug
Trae
Zro
Hawk
Juvenile
Bg
That dark basketball player with the big beard
Scrappy
Mannie fresh
Paul wall
Battier
Jacoby Jones..my boo
Probably countless sports players that I would never recognize

Wtf @ this list..ummm I need to reevaluate my life

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:30pm
I would have geeked seeing Nick Cage too

Saw lots of Celebs when I worked for the Airlines.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

How was Tiny in person, somehow Id love to think she's better in person, people are so hard on her 

she was much cuter in person.  but this was pre-face work...

she seemed really chill and down to earth...

Posted By: juicifruit89
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:35pm
Ice -T at Burbank Airport years ago...
Common and Will.I.Am on the same day up close! They were walking around Georgetown and my friend got a picture with Common...sigh.

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:36pm
the only thing i can think of that i cared about.. was when i was about to go to this cannibus club (called the green door.. its the same one 2 chainz got robbed as he was leaving..) i couldnt go down the street cus on the same street (but across) obama was here staying at the intercontential hotel… i saw his motorcade.. 

it pretty exciting. 

Posted By: danieb23
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

I saw sean kingston at the millenia mall here in Orlando and no one cared lmfao he was like 10 deep in his entourage like why though

Chris brown at the florida mall the little teen girls were going nuts

midget mac at the club lmfaooo back in I love new york days he was really feelin his self

scott storch at the millenia mall valet

Elin woods was getting shoes in my dept with her black babies lol after the whole tiger woods cheating thing...she is stunning soooooooo gorgeous

wale was in the next department over

a big black guy was also in my store I know he was a football player but idk who he was he pulled out a big stack of 100s

some nba player from the magic he was huge and had a thick beard

You're in orlando?

And I can't stand that midget mack

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:52pm
Lol I forgot that I met Michelle and Barack Obama and performed for them at a white house function. I think I posted that pic a while back.

Posted By: Lady ICE
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

LOL

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:55pm
I saw Cynthia Bailey about a month ago, she doesn't live far from me.  She was turning on the street to her neighborhood, and I was coming out of Cookout.

When I was younger, I worked at Ikea when it first opened here.  I saw Chili, Big Boi (he came through my line when I was a cashier), and a few other people.

My mother saw Whitney Houston at the mall, and she ran up to her, hugged her, and started talking to her like she knew her (um yeah, she was high lol).

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:56pm
i think i might cry if i was real close to obama.. 
hes the ONLY famous person id do something like that for. 

Posted By: Butta Cookie
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

i think i might cry if i was real close to obama.. 
hes the ONLY famous person id do something like that for. 

He comes home to Chicago every so often. Fks up all the highways! But its cool to see!

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:35pm
Danieb yep I live on the east side

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I love me some common he's my future hubby

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by hauteshellbi hauteshellbi wrote:

Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

I love me some common he's my future hubby

I met him too at a bookstore downtown. He seems cool.

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:39pm
The latest one was Fabulous @ Neiman Marcus in Chicago with his entourage of guys buying diamonds and others pieces of nice jewelry.

He is a cutie.

Posted By: iluvmihair
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 2:55am
Ok, maybe not a true celeb, but I thought I saw Bambi while I was in NY a few days ago, but I wasn't sure. Plus I don't particularly care for her (wouldn't of stopped me from taking a flick with her) but I just assumed my eyes were playing tricks on me. I check her IG and lo and behold, she was in NY and it was her!

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 4:12am
Ice T.  He was selling drugs to my mother at the time.

that dude from "i'm gonna get u sucka".  Saw him when I was with my gramma at a Fat Burger.
the one on the right.  he was very nice.  He gave me an autograph.

"Topanga" when I used to work at a mall in Manhattan Beach.  She's was a sweet pea.  had lil dog in her purse and errything.

James Spader at the airport.  Apparently he and my mom were on the same flight from LA.  They struck up a conversation.  She said she was standing next to him looking at him and said "I know you?  How do I know you?"  She said he just smiled and instroduced himself. When they landed she brought me to meet him.  All I could think was "Secretary" and I totally fangirl'd.  I'm still mortified when I think about it.  My mother laughed at me.  He was very kind tho and just let me know he was tryna be Incognito.  He was on vacay with his family.

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 5:34am
Tons of z listers, I saw Ms. Lawrence at the airport last week, Bazar from D12 at Kroger, Tameka Raymond also at Kroger, Young Jeezy on South Beach, Master P and the whole fam during an AAU tournament Romeo was playing in, Billy Owens, Max B(his brother tried to take me back to the hotel and there is a tape of the encounter floating around the internet)...I think that's it.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 5:37am
President Obama and FLOTUS gave me a hug in 2008 when they visited our town.

Posted By: pebbles251
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:32am
I see celebs all the time..my most recent was Fifty cent...I bumped into him as i walked out my office...i was texting. He smelled good.

Posted By: melly
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:32am
I saw Vivica Fox and Mya in 2004 at a nightclub during Caribana weekend in Toronto. Both are way more prettier in person and Mya is really standoffish.

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:35am
Originally posted by CherryBlossom CherryBlossom wrote:

who was the member who saw loretta devine who told her to "shut the hell up"LOL Cry

OMG the episode where she was a psychic on Supernatural came on and I thought of this and laughed ugly and hard....Mr00 was like wtf? After I told him to story he was rolling.....LOLLOLLOLLOLCryLOLLOLLOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:37am
I went to high school with Angela from LA hair.....met Tyra at Garretts on Lake street......use to see R rolling down Michigan Ave in his silver drop top.......I use to live across the street from the girl on The Awakenings.....

Posted By: NuAttitude
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:44am
I've met Susan Lucci years ago.  She is skinty as fck.LOL  Diane Carroll on 5th ave, got out of her limo is a full length Mink and sneakers. Bette Midler a month ago in the Village.  She's sooo tiny but so down to earth.Wink  Wish I could meet me an athlete and take me out of my misery for a month or twoEvil Smile

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:57am
i saw Tyrese up close in the airport in LA few years back. We were just a few yards apart. My colleague wanted to go ask for a picture with him, but that didnt work out....
i remember thinking that he is short. Flawless skin.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:57am
Not really random,  but years ago when I was an extra in "The Imposter" back in the day, I got an autograph from Billy Dee Williams & Anthony Geary. Billy Dee was very nice, laid back and tall! Embarrassed

Then I was an extra in "Wildcats", got a chance to see Rosie Grier and Goldie Hawn. It was in the summer, a stadium scene, but it was set in the winter and we all had to wear winter coats and hats when it was actually close to 90 degrees outside Cry. They made sure we ate well and had plenty to drinks and gave us breaks.

THEN,

I was an extra in "Baby's Day Out" and saw Joe Mantegna and Lara Flynn Boyle in person. I was about 8 months pregnant then, I was already big and they had me wearing a horizontal striped shirt Dead , but I had a lot of fun! Big smile

Posted By: *Belle*Femme*
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:22pm
last night i saw Dj clue at VIp room
the night before I saw Jimmy Butler who plays for the bulls

I've seen mike epps in vegas just randomly going up an escalator at the palazzo
I saw Kimora going to red lobster in time square wearing a floor length fur coat. But that bitch was hiiiiiigggghhhhh as hell.

I saw the simmons sister at Lotus nightclub in NYC when lotus was still open

I seen Jay-Z at the Roxy. When it was still open in NYC. thats the only time I've been star struck.

I saw A-Rod in miami when i was eating at Nobu.

I always see Rhianna in the club. She pissed me off the last time because I wanted to take a picture of her with my friend and she gave me a finger like hold up one minute. Fukk you bitch. You take a picture when I say to take a pic.

I've seen so many folks but can't remember who I've seen. 

Posted By: EPITOME
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:28pm

Carolina Herrera--designer on the streets of Madrid

Morris Chesnut--airport...i don't remember which one. I didn't wanna bother him but lord that man is fine.

Uma Thurman-beach in Spain

One of the Miami Housewives Alexis [if that counts]--Bey/Jay concert

Kenya Moore, Elle whatever---that singer--she's black and light, Tyson Beckford--Inauguration Ball

The guy from Hanging w/Mr.Cooper--walking around Georgetown

...might be more. idk, don't remember..i never approach these people....wait i lied...I approached Carolina Herrera. I was star struck. Designers make me weak in the knees not entertainers really. Maybe it's bc I don't think many of them are actually talented.

Posted By: MizzAmirah
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 9:57pm
I saw Wocka Flocka at a ratchet mall. I didn't know who he was but a whole bunch of people were following him around. 

Then in middle school, I was talking to some guy, I had no idea who he was. I thought he was acting weird but now I think he was surprised I wasn't star struck. We walked into the school auditorioum together and everyone was cheering. I think he may have been some type of wrestler. Till today, I still don't know who he was. 

My parents met George Foreman once at an airport. 
I've had some celebrities come to my church several times.

Posted By: Prtybrwneye_z
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:53pm
Denzel- he was filming near a hotel I was staying
Megan Good-roscoes
Janice Dickinson- nail salon
Vivica Fox- hair salon
Tom Hanks & wife- local independent theatre
Kris Jenner-elevator dr. Office
Megan Good- Roscoes
Tyra-mall
Ciara-mall
Halley Berry-rodeo shop
Quentin Trentino- in line at Pinks
Martin Lawrence- coffee bean
Eddie Murphy-Mr. Chows

Posted By: StylingArabella
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 12:52am
I was in Vegas and these weird white boys kept bother me and my friends at this huge house party. They were dressed like Ravers with furry baggie pants and tongue piercing and sh*t. Getting us drinks, telling us their gonna be "HUGE stars", the begged for our numbers and we were like " Stern Smile...naw". About three years later I see the white boys on TV "Keep Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin Rollin. They were Limp Bizkit.

Another random encounter, I was cursing at the lady at the desk at LAX cause she had me run all the way to the other side of the airport to ask if I could catch an earlier flight, but they told me she had the same info on her screen as they did...just being Stank! I'm right in the middle of saying "You miserable cow! Ima jump over that desk..." Before I could finish my sentence this man was levitating..I mean this brotha walked with a float he was so smooth. It was Smokey Robinson with the biggest grin on his face. I know he's old school, but he's a legend. This man is beautiful! I know that sounds strange, but his skin was flawless, his eyes were so clear and glowing the color of jade, his suit was pressed to the 9's, and he had short twists in his hair with not even one out of place. I actually said "Hey that's Smoky Robinson!" to the broad..then continued to curse her out Ermm...so hood.

No good story to this one, but I saw Gene Simmons at the airport (LAX again). Petey Pablo was in the lobby of the concert venue and asked me and two of my homegirls to "hang out wit him and hiz boyzzz" all slimy like Dead. We declined! Also, I was in some strip club called "Little Darlings" in Vegas (friends having their bachelor/ bachelorette party together) and saw Trchina Arnold (Pam from Martin and the mom from Every Hates Chris) and she was with a women. She was REAL cozy with this other women Wink. Now that I think about it...everything strange happened to me in either Vegas or LA...hmmmmmm.

Posted By: sbrownie84
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 1:05am
The ones I remember. Amber rose (body is sicker in person), Lucy lui, Kendra, taye diggs, star jones, Tyra banks( very light, skinny and standoffish), erykah badu, lil mo, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Lange, rupaul q-tip( tall and sweet and respectful), common, liya kebede, Omar epps, kelis, mr big (Chris noth) Julia styles..all I can think of now

Posted By: MsBMW
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:07am
See Genuine and his wife every week our kids go to school together. 

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:31am
Smith & Wesson(Had a concert back in the day and ask me and my friends to pull down our pantayysssss we declided)Dead
LL
Queen Latifah lived in the same building as me on the top floor.
ODB
The Locs
Mary J Blidge
Cesar and Dutchess
Sean Pdiddy combs-Modeled for him back in the day.
Todd -rhoa
Kenya-rhoa-had dinner with Kenya
Glady's knight
Christopher williams wife takes her kids to the same dentist my kids go to.
All of Wu-Tang clan
Went to London and met with New Edition and we were trying to take pics but they only chose the yt girls.
Jay Z-model casting
Tracey Morgan-music video

I'll think of more.

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:01am
In Atlanta you see lots!
Tboz. In my parking space at my condo while visiting her girlfriend upstairs
Keith Sweat Alpharetta had station he was super friendly
Gorilla Zoe at Butler Tire
Juvenile Target perimeter center
Keisha Cole Costco shopping
Tony Braxton Phipps Plaza
Hot Boys. Lennox mall
Chris Tucker Lennox mall
Cameo lead singer at target following me lol
Holyfield at a restaurant he owned at the time
Jesse Jackson on Peachtree St.... A friend asked me to go to dinner with her and it was with him and his assistant at Bennihana's.
AJ ( 106 and Park ). Perimeter Mall
JD and Bow Wow. ( he was much younger) at Dave and Busters
Jamie Foxx. The improv in west palm beach.... He invited me and my sisters to his table

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:29am
Oh in ATL
Whitney-publix
Usher-gas station
Lil John-gas station
Buckey-downtown
Keisha coles moms-live across the hall from my friend. Knocks on his door all the time for stuff(sugar and eggs)
Ivander holyfield-airport
Bow wow-Lenox mall

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

that list/post felt so h-town-- especially when i got to "paul wall". LOL !!!

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

Oh yeah, one more. I've met Issa Rae and the guy who plays fred. And have taken pics with ALL of dormtainment. Rome and C. Milli was super nice. Tay was kind of not nice.

I'm jealous Cry
I love Tay! What did he do? LOL

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Oh in ATL
Whitney-publix
Usher-gas station
Lil John-gas station
Buckey-downtown
Keisha coles moms-live across the hall from my friend. Knocks on his door all the time for stuff(sugar and eggs)
Ivander holyfield-airport
Bow wow-Lenox mall

The hell? I would tel her she better go to kroger..... she think this is.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 3:53pm
Morris Chestnut- His crew filmed a movie at my parents house when I was just a baby (early 90s). Mom took pics with him and he sat at our dinner table! He is sooooo damn fine!!

Big Boi- his daughter and I were taught by the same piano instructor and I shook hands with him at our recital. Nice, but in a hurry so he didn't say much.

Elgin Charles- Bronner Bros. show in 2012. Very nice. Took pics with him.

Nicole Ari Parker- Bronner Bros. show in 2012. Came by our booth and talked to my mom, but seemed standoffish towards me. Mom got pics with her and everything

Rihanna concert....I swear she looked right at me and smiled (I was in the VIP section) *faints*

My aunt met Erykah Badu- said she was very quiet in person

Uncle met Brian McKnight at a bar- he said he was very friendly and they chatted for a while

I see Derek J all the time at the Bronner Bros show, but never met him

Lisa Raye was at the Bronner Bros. show promoting her new flat iron

Cynthia Bailey and Kenya Moore were at the Bronner Bros. show

Posted By: Chantal34
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:10pm
During the 2005 NBA Playoffs I sold some shirts to some of the Detroit Pistons. I was working at Dillard's at the time. Anthony Hamilton came in once and bought a few things also.

Posted By: oneluv
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 5:46pm
Live in LA and have seen countless celebs. Spent my late teen years in the valley (suburb outside of LA) and a lot of people live here. From what I've learned 95% of them aren't right in the head... I use to live with an aspiring actress and she was so odd. I think because of the audition process and all the rejection, she had the needed to feel like everyone wanted her... She also was the most over dramatic person I've ever met. If we went somewhere it was if other women didn't exist, she would never awknowledge other women and would be all over every man. They are all weird as hell. Trust me 

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by oneluv oneluv wrote:

. From what I've learned 95% of them aren't right in the head... They are all weird as hell. Trust me 

LOL

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Morris Chestnut- His crew filmed a movie at my parents house when I was just a baby (early 90s). Mom took pics with him and he sat at our dinner table! He is sooooo damn fine!!

Hell yes and I forgot to say he has an incredible body.  I did not have strictly pure thoughts when he was standing thereEmbarrassed

Posted By: PeacefulOne
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 7:18pm

Live in LA and have seen countless celebs. Spent my late teen years in the valley (suburb outside of LA) and a lot of people live here. From what I've learned 95% of them aren't right in the head... I use to live with an aspiring actress and she was so odd. I think because of the audition process and all the rejection, she had the needed to feel like everyone wanted her... She also was the most over dramatic person I've ever met. If we went somewhere it was if other women didn't exist, she would never awknowledge other women and would be all over every man. They are all weird as hell. Trust me 

As an ex aspiring actress, I resemble your remarks!
I guess you are 100% right, about them/us being odd, we are insecure, and melodramatic for sure. I never was comfortable with men tho, I was hip to the casting couch bs very early in the game.

But I did laugh, because I know some nutty ass people!

I saw Matthew McConnaughy, however that ish is spelled, with his mother in the store, and that mf is bald bald bald! I was like damn dude, put on some hurr. . .    He was sweet tho, let me go in front of him cause I had 2 items and she had like, 2 baskets.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by honeyb87 honeyb87 wrote:

Originally posted by _ConcreteRose_ _ConcreteRose_ wrote:

I'm jealous Cry
I love Tay! What did he do? LOL
Im not being totally fair because he technically didn't do anything. He just acted like he didn't want to take pics or talk. Which would be ok, but he didn't act that way with everyone.

Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:35pm
oh yeah and Donna Summer held me as a baby. Mom took pics. Heart

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:52pm
I live in the DMV and I see Redskins players all the time.

I swear a few years ago, I saw Wale on the metro, my boyfriend at the time saw him too...the guy who I believe was Wale looked at me like he had been caught. Dude was lookin extra shady, leanin all in the seats, tryna be inconspicuous. 

My mother has seen Aretha Franklin.

My stepdad used to play basketball with Grant Hill.

Posted By: juniordetective
Date Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 9:53pm
Do YouTubers count too?

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:15am
I forgot! I see a lot of celebs at the hotel I work at! I've seen:

Dave Chapelle - super cool and nice, black card, smelling like ganja lol

Charlie Murphy - surprisingly not very nice. not that he was mean, just wasn't taking pics with fans, but had his manager telling people instead of himself and it just kind of rubbed me the wrong way

The white scraggly looking guy who was the lead male in the Whitney Cummings show. Feel free to add his name if you know it or feel like googling.

This old -or possibly- current NFL player. I'm bad with sports people's names unless it's the top top guys. He didn't tip and had us running around to a market about an hour away to get him this special organic grassfed beef, smh. I wanna say his name was Darnel, but I googled "Chargers Darnel" and nothing came up.

Fazion Love- kept calling me Lisa Sleepy. I have no idea why. He is huge, but we all knew that. What we didn't know is I was trying to put a wristband on him for our event we were having and it just BARELY made it LOL

DL Hughley- Was really really nice. I can tell he wanted to hug me when he first saw me (I know it sounds perverted, but it wasn't in that way, I cant really explain it. Like, he seemed happy to see a sister) He would keekee it up with me everytime he saw me. He did hug me the second night of his stay, a side hug, and I said to myself "I knew he wanted to hug me!"LOL Anyway, I haz a sad with all the recent controversial stuff he has said about black women Cry

Adam Devine- From Workaholics. I think I saw him with Brittney Snow and a host of other white folk lol. They looked high as heck.

Suge Knight- Not mean to staff, but a drunk person accidentally kept knocking on his door (Idk if it was an honest mistake or not after the first time) and he called us and told us to get him before he does. Security was not quick enough... Ouch Another time, he yelled from down the hall for someone to hold the elevator.(you obviously have to shout slightly from down the hall). The white guy said "You mean, please?" So by the time they got to the lobby, they're arguing. Whitey finds out he's Suge and says "I don't feel safe here anymore" (meanwhile u felt safe getting in his face before you knew who he was) and gets the manager. Management has to move him to another hotel and has to ban Suge. I was livid. White tears won that round, smh. I know Suge could've said please or just waited for the next elevator, so he was wrong, but I didn't like how whitey played up his "big scary black man" thing, it pissed me off, especially when he didn't seem scared before.
Also, he has a light skin short chick that is Censored crazy. Like, crazy crazy. I can't even.

I have more. I'll be back later. Smile

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:16am
^^^^Please don't quote or if you do, delete my username!! Just in case Embarrassed 

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:35am
I saw Cee-lo at Southlake Mall...his daughter was shopping in 5-7-9.
I met the guy from House Party...Play...don't know his real name in Atlanta
Young Jeezy was at Phipps Plaza
Met Antoine Walker (basketball player that was engaged to Evelyn) at my sister's graduation. Her and his brother used to go to the same school.

Posted By: blaquefoxx
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 10:40am
Saw Usher shopping at Solstice (sunglasses spot). He's short lol. 

Saw Kimora Lee stop by my high school to pick up her niece Angela Simmons. 

Saw Joe Jackson shopping for housewares. 

Robert Cavali. Shopping at my store and tried to hit me with the "do you know who I am" speech. Naw nicca I don't...can I see your ID for this unsigned credit card sir?

Posted By: oneluv
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

As an ex aspiring actress, I resemble your remarks!
I guess you are 100% right, about them/us being odd, we are insecure, and melodramatic for sure. I never was comfortable with men tho, I was hip to the casting couch bs very early in the game.

But I did laugh, because I know some nutty ass people!

I saw Matthew McConnaughy, however that ish is spelled, with his mother in the store, and that mf is bald bald bald! I was like damn dude, put on some hurr. . .    He was sweet tho, let me go in front of him cause I had 2 items and she had like, 2 baskets.

I think all the pretty people from all over move to LA from their small towns... They realize that their are a lot of other pretty people here and start getting insecure. To top it off I really believe all the auditions they go on and people are telling you that your not good enough. It starts messing with you. My room mate hates on other pretty women, its annoying and so obvious. I'm over LA and can't wait to get away from all these superficial crazies.

Posted By: Lonisha87
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 12:58pm
Sklar Brothers at the Airport
Celeb Basketball Tournament: B2K, Kevin Hart..and cannot remember anyone else.
Lightskinned black guy from.real world. With blonde hair. Came to my high school when i was in the 10th grade, we had a converstion about life and other stuff. Real chill. Cant remember his name. I have a whole autograph page just missing.

Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 2:16pm
I met YouTuber Makeupd0ll today when I took her class at a costume/makeup store. Very sweet, beautiful girl, seemed kind of shy.

Posted By: dijah.love
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 3:32pm
I met my BAEEEEE J. Cole after one of his concerts on some bird-ish! lmao I really wanted a picture and ended up having a conversation with him because he knew one of bosses/profs and usually calls into the class to talk about music but didn't last semester. He's awesome sauce.

I met Vanessa Williams (Miss America), Blair Underwood, and Keke Palmer one day at the White House. I ain't even notice Keke sitting right next to me until someone mentioned it. Vanessa was kinda standoffish, Keke talked too much, and Blair needed some chapstick.

I've also met other people who aren't celebrities, but are still cool like Congressman John Lewis and Congresswoman Maxine Waters, Toure (funny fella), Judy Smith (I LOVE HER TO PIECES!), Les Twins after the Beyonce concert, Patricia Hill Collins, and Julian Bond.

My life will be made once I meet Kerry Washington, Beyonce, and Michelle Obama.

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 3:39pm
I saw DMX at Rhy Playland and his shirt was dirty

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jul 04 2014 at 8:44am
I saw Kenya Moore at the Dollar Tree on Cobb Pkwy ( Atlanta ) on yesterday while purchasing balloons . She's really pretty and friendly!

Print Page | Close Window