Print Page | Close Window

Get ready with me....why

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371855
Printed Date: Nov 19 2017 at 9:17am

Topic: Get ready with me....why
Posted By: Wildfire
Subject: Get ready with me....why
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:17pm
....do i find this ridic?LOL

i like Pat, but do people really appreciate/want this vid?

Replies:
Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:30pm
Every time i see GRWM i skip to the next...people must love these video cuz everyone making them.

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:44pm
we've seen people here ask how do people do makeup and hair every morning etc

I can't take these long talking vids (didn't click this one), I don't subscribe to a single guru but people seem to love it

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:47pm
Not everyone is offering anything new but for someone this may matter!

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:52pm

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:53pm
click ricky...its not just a getting ready vid...she shows herself making tea, etc...

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:57pm
I don't see the problem she moved along the morning routine fast and subbies ask for certain videos so maybe it was a request.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:04pm
its not a problem. i just found the extent of the vid a bit odd. she seems cool

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:05pm
I like the spoof get ready with me videos.LOL

Posted By: Samoneisthebest
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:10pm
I'm nosy and like seeing stuff like this.

Its cool to see how other people do things.

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:31pm
I can't stand grwm videos. But I do understand their value. You actually can learn some things from them.

I think young women benefit from this because you have to remember, everybody doesn't have a good mom or older sister or granny to teach them how to take care of themselves. Some of those little tips and tricks that might seem like common sense...they really aren't common anymore.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:31pm
Eye roll 

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:32pm
This auto correct is causing more trouble than its worth 

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:42pm
I can't.....I just can't

There is not enough time in a day for me to watch someone's morning routine.   Could not even watch this one in it's entirety.

Not everything needs to be posted.

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 4:53pm
I watched Malibu Dollface one but it was more about his facial routine and the products. Im not watching no one slice lemons for they tea though.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by rell85 rell85 wrote:

Every time i see GRWM i skip to the next...people must love these video cuz everyone making them.

Every time I see videos of this nature, it is just another reminder that I am old as .  I can't even see how this is entertaining or informative.  Hell I rather watch a haul video than this.

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:35pm
I'm always perplexed at women who say they dont shower in the morning coz they shower at night Ermm

Posted By: petiteone29
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:24pm
I like haul videos. Especially thrift store hauls. But GRWM just seems like too much. I don't really care how someone gets ready.

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:25pm
I like these videos....I usually do my nails or my hair while I'm watching it

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by zolloh zolloh wrote:

I'm always perplexed at women who say they dont shower in the morning coz they shower at night Ermm

Gurl! Im like how does that work? I couldn't get away with that after 4th grade.

Posted By: JeriMK55
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:01pm
Ya'll be sweating in your sleep or something? 

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:06pm
Her eyebrows....

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:09pm
Not sure if y'all serious but if you shower then go to bed, why are we showering in the morning again ??!!??

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:13pm
I just don't feel right not showering in the morning. I sweat in my sleep alittle too. Night showers are to clean the dirt from the day and my morning shower is just a refresher.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:14pm
is the bed that dirty that you have to wash again?

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:17pm
gotcha

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:20pm

Waaaaaayyyy TMI , and still broadcast this to the Universe.

Posted By: BitterSweet85
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

is the bed that dirty that you have to wash again?

Posted By: solena
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:22pm
i prefer these types of videos its basically ootd/makeup/hair/morning routine wrapped up in one. routine videos are great for discovering new products especially for hair makeup and skincare.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:25pm
Girlie parts need to be refreshed.

After 8 hrs sleep, then to be gone for another 8-10 hrs to School or work....

Posted By: femmemichelle
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:27pm
Erm. I can't imagine going out into the world in the morning without freshly washed pits and vag. I like to smell Irish Spring fresh from dusk till dawn so that means two showers a day.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by femmemichelle femmemichelle wrote:

Erm. I can't imagine going out into the world in the morning without freshly washed pits and vag. I like to smell Irish Spring fresh from dusk till dawn so that means two showers a day.

Exactly. I thought this was a common practice. Learn something new everyday.LOL

Posted By: zolloh
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:39pm
so y'all just roll out of bed after sleep with 8hr old panties and mosey on to work to face the world, nary a hoe bath? Confused

Posted By: Princess Grace
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:42pm
At 6 pm that 6am shower do not count... I dont know where yall live but its been humid and muggy here and sometimes I workout twice in a day so Im showering as much as I need to.

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:04pm

These don't annoy me as much as TMI, Q&A, and the ubiquitous What's in my Purse vids.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:08pm
I kind of like the see my closet one's though. Gives me ideas on how to stay organized. 

Posted By: Lite Brite
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:16pm
I love BHM vag talks

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:18pm
Bitches I shower once a day. 
Get that sh*t the outta here. 

Posted By: KottonKandy
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:21pm
I don't get her appeal. She isn't too flashy with her makeup or hair, but she doesn't do it for me. I try. She reminds me of a black girl who hung out with only white girls in school.

Posted By: Nisha
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:22pm
the comments in this thread have slayed me...

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:23pm
usually i do once a day.. but i have done two. its whatever i feel… 

guys have told me that my cooch smells nice.  

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Benni Benni wrote:

Girlie parts need to be refreshed.

After 8 hrs sleep, then to be gone for another 8-10 hrs to School or work....

preach lol I can't do it! I get all moist after 12 hours...morning showers are mandatory for me sometimes I'll do 2 showers

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:32pm
So, for those who don't do a morning shower, wipe down, or hoe bath... do you keep on the same panties you slept in?

Just curious, I had a debate about this with a friend

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:37pm
So when y'all on your period you just wake up and go too? No shower?

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:39pm
I saw a get ready video where she was in the shower and she waxed with her endorsed product I rolled my eyes so gatdamn hard

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:46pm
*sees where this thread is going*

Y'all sleep in panties?

Posted By: TexturizedDiva
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 9:51pm
I shower once a day, but I refresh my lady parts once or twice a day with peppermint castile soap and a squirt bottle sitting on the toilet (since I don't have a bidet....yet).  I also change panties.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:02pm
So if you shower at night , you gotta change panties in the morning ?

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:04pm
So after taking a nightly shower, then sleeping on your bed for 8 hours and taking another shower in the morning to wash up, you don't also wash your sheets every morning too?Dead

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:05pm
i dont wear panties to bed

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:11pm
I shower when I get up and before I go to bed.  My engine always runs hot and at the ready. So I need to refresh.  Besides...a brisk shower in the morning wakes me up and a burning hot shower before bed helps me sleep.

and let me add that I do bathe in lactating mermaid tears, wash my sheets thrice a day and bleach my bathroom every hour.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:43pm
^^+1

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

So, for those who don't do a morning shower, wipe down, or hoe bath... do you keep on the same panties you slept in?

do we have enough white people to answer this?

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:03am
 I do keep a bag full of underwear in my purse so I can change my underwear every hour because keeping underwear on for more than one hour is just so disgusting. *raises pinky and sips water*

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:25am
Sewer cost $12.00 per cubic feet, once a day is enough...

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:42am

I do keep a bag full of underwear in my purse so I can change my underwear every hour because keeping underwear on for more than one hour is just so disgusting. *raises pinky and sips water*
Only once per hour? Interesting.compcoffee

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:50am
right Carolina?  that heaux dirty as hell.  I would never utilize her facilities.  I needs a fresh bowl.

LOL

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:51am
LOLLOL

Damn an hour isn't enough? should I change them every time I breathe??

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:55am
Sounding like nightjasmine who would shower every time she took a sh*t lmaooo

Posted By: Diane (35)
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

Im confused? Why is your sewer(age)rate measured in cubic feet?

Look here its hot and humid and the middle of raas summer- im implementing a 4 shower a day minimum, it was at 3 for reg. summer but this summer TUN UP LOUDD. I can only use raw black soap, my peppermint soap no longer keeps me cool and regular bath washes esp the creamy ones make me hot.AngryAngryAngry

I know some people "tidy" (wash up vag and underamrs) in the morning but i need a shower to start the day. even if i bathe at 2/3 am and get up at 5 im gonna shower again. It's habit, it wakes me up.

Even when water is gone, i've been able to wash in a a little bit of water and have a full raas shower you hear me. LOLLOLLOL I swear i get my cleanest when theres no water

Im consider moving in with the BF cause his shower is ICE COLD mine is just warm to hot without the heaterOuch

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 1:47am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Only once per hour? Interesting.compcoffee

LOL

Posted By: Findingmyme
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:40am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I shower when I get up and before I go to bed.  My engine always runs hot and at the ready. So I need to refresh.  Besides...a brisk shower in the morning wakes me up and a burning hot shower before bed helps me sleep.

and let me add that I do bathe in lactating mermaid tears, wash my sheets thrice a day and bleach my bathroom every hour.

I see no other way!

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:47am
I'm guessing ya'll haven't seen coochie cleaning/ how to keep it fresh vids? 
LOL

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:47am
Having suffered the effects of co-workers rationing their showers, I don't think we should be discouraging folk from more than once daily showers....

Where I live I have to shower twice a day, but when I spent a spell in a much colder climate I found I didn't need to... shrug

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 7:57am
lawd a mercyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....I see where this thread went

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Im confused? Why is your sewer(age)rate measured in cubic feet?

Look here its hot and humid and the middle of raas summer- im implementing a 4 shower a day minimum, it was at 3 for reg. summer but this summer TUN UP LOUDD. I can only use raw black soap, my peppermint soap no longer keeps me cool and regular bath washes esp the creamy ones make me hot.AngryAngryAngry

I know some people "tidy" (wash up vag and underamrs) in the morning but i need a shower to start the day. even if i bathe at 2/3 am and get up at 5 im gonna shower again. It's habit, it wakes me up.

Even when water is gone, i've been able to wash in a a little bit of water and have a full raas shower you hear me. LOLLOLLOL I swear i get my cleanest when theres no water

Im consider moving in with the BF cause his shower is ICE COLD mine is just warm to hot without the heaterOuch

1 ccf=748 gallons of water...cubic feet is the wording its
Is it that hot in Jamaica wher You want to take ice cold showers

Posted By: JamCaygirl
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:26am
I think a better question is why she brushed her teeth, BEFORE she ate....

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:34am
Lord I kinda hate these threads .

I shower at night and shower in the mornings.
Yes you change your drawers in the morning too LOL

I do it bc my mama said so.

I remember coming home so tired from band or basketball when I was in jr high and i just wanted to sleep.
I begged my mama to let me "wipe off" basically a hoe bath my mama acted like she saw a ghost.LOL 

I dont think the other way is unhygenic its just not my way.
I shower at night and morning and if I'm on my period i throw in another one.

Posted By: jonesable
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 8:35am

I want to get ready with BHM lol

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:01am

waaaah? women do that??
Confused

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

Her eyebrows....

what?LOL

i actually think her brows work for her face. The fact that they arent perfectly arched somehow looks good on her.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

BHM nasteeeeeeeeeDeadLOL
the fvck you gon' go out into the world without a shower. If i bathe really late --like after midnight i may bypass soap and just rinse in the morning. But i need that shower in the morning. Cant imagine getting up, putting on clothes and just going.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:15am
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

BHM nasteeeeeeeeeDeadLOL
the fvck you gon' go out into the world without a shower. If i bathe really late --like after midnight i may bypass soap and just rinse in the morning. But i need that shower in the morning. Cant imagine getting up, putting on clothes and just going.
gyallllllllllllll..all some a dem juju probably smell like garbage truck. Clean clothes and dutty body don't go together at least not in my world

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:16am

thanks for the explanation! I need to check my water bill to see how it's measured (the water co. does the sewerage too) all i know is whatever amount of water I used i pay the same amount in sewerage.

GYALLLLLLLL i woke up in a furnace this morningAngryAngry.  and there's no breeze. I showered but by about 2 p.m imma run over to the BF's house. some day i feel like my brain is melting.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:17am

BHM nasteeeeeeeeeDeadLOL
gyallllllllllllll..all some a dem juju probably smell like garbage truck. Clean clothes and dutty body don't go together at least not in my world

weak @ jujuDeadLOL!!!

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:19am

thanks for the explanation! I need to check my water bill to see how it's measured (the water co. does the sewerage too) all i know is whatever amount of water I used i pay the same amount in sewerage.

GYALLLLLLLL i woke up in a furnace this morningAngryAngry.  and there's no breeze. I showered but by about 2 p.m imma run over to the BF's house. some day i feel like my brain is melting.

a slab roof yu have J? hush lol.LOL
Mi leave all di windows open a night time. Its not so bad, because the roof is really high

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:26am
no it's a zinc roof, i much prefer slab for the strength against hurricane though. I cant leave my windows open, what if a cockroach flies in?Cry and eats me?Stern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:27am
dwl.....yu know she nuttn nevah crawl thru my window yet? When i lived in havendale though...lawd god, di big fat grandfada lizazz (yes, lizazzz) dem in and out like dem a pay rent

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:32am

no it's a zinc roof, i much prefer slab for the strength against hurricane though. I cant leave my windows open, what if a cockroach flies in?Cry and eats me?Stern Smile

LOLLOLLOLLOL..u sound like my niece

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:45am

waaaah? women do that??
Confused

I do/done it. 

what the happens to you in a clean bed in 5-8 hours?Confused

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Lite Brite Lite Brite wrote:

I don't always wear panties and almost always don't wear them to sleep. I usually sleep naked. 

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:10am

dwl.....yu know she nuttn nevah crawl thru my window yet? When i lived in havendale though...lawd god, di big fat grandfada lizazz (yes, lizazzz) dem in and out like dem a pay rent

GYAAAALLLLLLLLLLL at my childhood home i had a pet croaking lizard, he grew REAL REAL BIG, so you know how they're beige well the way he got fat and old he was black black black. I loved him, bere noise a night time. My mother said he was a DRAGON. He lived in the top part of the closet. Once he fell from behind the curtain and went PLOP! I think there was two in all. At this house i saw one like him when i just moved in but never again.CryCryCryCry is about 2 years  or more ago i came in my room and there was a fassyhole cockroach just chilling on my wall above the curtain. SMDH clearly i closed the doors and let him have the room, i couldnt have sprayed him on the wall cause he'd fly at meDeadDeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Did anyone answer the panty question?

I need a shower to start the day. I dont wake up sweating but when i get up Im HOT AS FUQQQQQ. I understand the need not to shower in winter times. But it's so ingrained in me that i still shower when I'm stateside for winter.

So you just wash your face and apply deoderant and head out on the road? No washup, birdbath etc?

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:26am
i shower before bed.
i don't wear panties to bed.
i don't sweat or toss and turn at night.  in fact I don't really sweat unless i'm kinda active.
my lady parts are still fresh in the am.  lol

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:26am
i prefer morning showers over night.. 

but sometimes i alternate. 

i dont sleep in panties and dont wear them out half of the time. 

no matter what i always give my cooch a good wipedown and i use wipes instead of toilet paper 60% of the time. 

Posted By: sweetskul
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:34am

LOLLOLLOLLOL mi dead 2 rass 

Posted By: joileprincess
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:35am
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Wait, what?

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:37am

DeadDeadDead nuhbaddy nuh fraid a liazad like mi..... one run over mi foot one time when mi outta door a wash when mi did likkle and mi traumatized since that 

Posted By: SoutherNtellect
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:37am
the i shower 3 times a day, 5 during the summer conversations on bhm are always interesting 

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:40am
caan believe this big woman a play wid big dutty lizad and fraid a cockroach LOL

Posted By: Sang Froid
Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:41am
All you hos that go to sleep and wake up with stank puss got BV and you need to head to the doctor asap.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:42am
Originally posted by joileprincess joileprincess wrote:

Wait, what?

thanks tc and coco for answering the panty question. dont get it twisted pumpum still fresh a morning timeLOL

im with jamcay on this one JP, that's dont make much sense. won't brushing before a meal kill your tastebudsDead/ kick the minty fresh breath out? I shower and then brush or vice versa but thats cause i dont eat breakfast.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:43am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

the i shower 3 times a day, 5 during the summer conversations on bhm are always interesting 

They are. I'm just waiting for someone to say that they get bathed Coming to American-style lol.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:44am

Wait, what?

I can't eat anything especially in the morning without brushing first....

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by nitabug nitabug wrote:

waaaah? women do that??
Confused

I do/done it. 

what the happens to you in a clean bed in 5-8 hours?Confused

people only shower because they are dirty?
....what about the need to feel refreshed? How yu gon' climb out from under yoru covers, slip into ncie clean clothes, unwashed?
women sometimes "seep"/get moist depending on where in their cycle they are...you just put on panties and go with that?
no still.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:46am
Originally posted by sweetskul sweetskul wrote:

DeadDeadDead nuhbaddy nuh fraid a liazad like mi..... one run over mi foot one time when mi outta door a wash when mi did likkle and mi traumatized since that 

my sister did tear off her blouse and run up di street when lizard drop from ackee tree and land pon her forehead

whole road flat a grung a laff afta harLOL

LOLLOL

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:47am

You guys change your sheets daily right ?

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:48am
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Im wondering if its the climate difference? Booty/sweetskul what do you do since you are a yardie living stateside. Hmmmmm maybe these GRWM videos DO serve a purpose lolol

Hi look here Southern, come feel some of the raas heat and humidity and then you will know. When you feel hot you jump in the shower. If i lived in the country , i'd jump in the river. It's not a clean thing per se its a cool down thing.

Swetskul, How you mean? lizards are fine dont mind them one bit but cockroaches FLYYYYYYCryCryCryCry, bere ground lizards outside too and you knoe how they love to defend it and run you downLOL brja you niece is WISE for her years

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by sweetskul sweetskul wrote:

caan believe this big woman a play wid big dutty lizad and fraid a cockroach LOL
dissssssss...crawny crokin lizaad at datStern Smile

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

All you hos that go to sleep and wake up with stank puss got BV and you need to head to the doctor asap.

Just seeing this. Not one backside. See WF's explanation.

wait more of this brush before eating? Do you guys brush after, that's what I'd do.

No my sheets are changed weekly by the maid.

Date Posted: Jun 26 2014 at 11:52am

Wait, what?

thanks tc and coco for answering the panty question. dont get it twisted pumpum still fresh a morning timeLOL

im with jamcay on this one JP, that's dont make much sense. won't brushing before a meal kill your tastebudsDead/ kick the minty fresh breath out? I shower and then brush or vice versa but thats cause i dont eat breakfast.

I brush before and after. I can't mix those germs/plaque with my food. It doesn't even taste right to me. 

I will admit that I am a bit strict with the oral care though. I'm even that way with my patients. I have travel toothbrushes and floss everywhere. 

Print Page | Close Window