Print Page | Close Window

Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371840
Printed Date: Jul 22 2018 at 4:25am

Topic: Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?
Posted By: Az~Maverick
Subject: Would YOU eat chocolate fried chicken?
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:51am
DeadDeadSick

OMG, chocolate fried chicken

Fried chicken's been coated in some crazy things, but only in L.A. could a super-trendy new restaurant concept thrive by coating it in — sorry, Colonel Sanders — chocolate.

ChocoChicken only has been open a week, but it's already got the buzz — and plans to expand.

The free-range chicken isn't fried in chocolate oil. It's lightly coated with a special cooking chocolate made from bittersweet cocoa, and fries up a shade of chocolate brown.

"Sure, it sounds super goofy," says Adam Fleischman, co-founder of ChocoChicken, which opened last week near the Staples Center in Los Angeles and plans another location this year in Santa Monica, Calif. "But it doesn't taste goofy. It tastes amazing."

Not enough chocolate? Douse your chicken with Chocolate Ketchup. Side dishes include White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes and Duck Fat Fries sprinkled with chocolate seasoning. Chocoholics also can order Electric Chocolate S'mores for dessert. An entree of of two pieces of chicken and fries goes for about $15, slightly more for all-white meat.

Fleischman's co-partner and self-taught-cook Keith Previte came up with concept. A third partner is Sean Robins, a film and TV producer. Fleischman, whose Advantage Restaurant Partners also owns trendy Umami Burger and 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria brands, helped fund the 175-seat ChocoChicken. And he helped tweak the super-secret seasonings.

"All of the ingredients are secret," he says. "All I can say is that the marinating, coating, seasoning and frying process all contain some element of chocolate."

Restaurant success increasingly is about appealing to Millennials, who demand unusual tastes and also are quick to snap a photo of what they're about to eat and post it on social media. ChocoChicken's gotten plenty of that.

"Best chicken wings outside of Buffalo," said one Facebook post from fan David Crvelin.

Restaurant consultant Howard Gordon — who has eaten there — says ChocoChicken serves good grub. "It actually tastes good," says Gordon, former marketing chief at The Cheesecake Factory. "But I think it's more a big-city thing — where people are into things that are new and different."

Fleischman expects to have six stores in 2015 — including one in New York City — and eight stores by 2016.

This is not the only new chicken mash-up: In the Philippines, KFC recently rolled out Crispy Cheese Chicken, fried chicken marinated in cheese and breaded with bits of cheese-flavored chips.

Replies:
Posted By: babelipsss
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:53am
I'll try anything once.

Posted By: Fcgriffin
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:55am
Thumbs DownConfusedCryShockedWackoSick

Posted By: sugabanana
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:56am
The chicken has to be super salty and seasoned properly for that combo to work. Salty and sweet. I would try it.

Posted By: fckwitmeuknoigotit
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 10:59am

Posted By: Brjasuga51
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:06am
just to say I tried it ..yep

Posted By: Brjasuga51
I have had jerk ice cream at the jerk festival...and tasted carrot porridge. So this I will try

Posted By: nekamarie83
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

The chicken has to be super salty and seasoned properly for that combo to work. Salty and sweet. I would try it.
alladis

Posted By: CLCNY20
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:08am
yo...

my mind's telling me no

but my body?  my body's telling me yes...

Posted By: Rumbera
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:09am
I would try it..

Posted By: rickysrose
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:25am
I season chicken with mole

So it isn't far fetched 

Chocolate isn't sweet, it's sweetened fir chocolate bars etc

Posted By: AshBash89
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:26am
I'd try it.

Posted By: goodm3
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:37am
nawww imma pass on this.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:52am
A negro dream come true especially female.

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 11:57am
That looks truly disgusting

Posted By: MissDarkEyes
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:06pm
I'll eat just about anything fried in chocolate.  It's friggin chocolate!

Posted By: india100
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

A negro dream come true especially female.
You make it really hard to particapte in your serious topic , when you troll/ insult women on bhm  . Act like a grown man or leave please.  I try to stay out of young folk messy , but your attacks on women makes me mad . Hard to ignore when you say awful things in another member topic . You sound like a coon with the above statement . I would pop you upside the head in person . Maybe you will stop . Disapprove

Posted By: spencer4hire
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:09pm
I'd try it .

Posted By: maysay1
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:11pm
I eat chocolate chili and mole.

This isn't meant to be sweet...cocoa has so many complex flavors.

Anyway, I'll try it out for y'all and report back. Except not this weekend because the BET awards are happening so I will be staying far far away from downtown.

Posted By: iliveforbhm
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:41pm
Lulz

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:08pm
i don't even like most food so hell no.  i hate new aged flavor combos.

Posted By: Katrenia
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:46pm
I refuse to try it.
I've been told it was really good but I can't afford another food addiction and I'm afraid I'd be a ChocoChick addict. 
I'm only 8 lbs away from my weight goal so NO.

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

yo...

my mind's telling me no

Lmao Dead

Posted By: Josephuss
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:54pm
yes

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:01pm
I might if the chocolate was drizzled over the chicken that probably would melt so i see why they dipped but can't get over the way it looks.

Posted By: nekamarie83
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

yo...

my mind's telling me no

i can't stand you... LOLLOLLOLDead

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by babelipsss babelipsss wrote:

I'll try anything once.

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 2:50pm
Id try it with a side of salt and vinegar fries.

Posted By: aNgElIc*SoUl
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:01pm
Yea, I agree the salty to sweet ratio would have to be on point. I've tried chocolate covered potato chips before, they were good as hell.

Posted By: PurplePhase
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:02pm
I'd rather just have a plate of the chocolate.

Posted By: Az~Maverick
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

I'd rather just have a plate of the chocolate.

Me too! LOLLOL

Posted By: TayTay
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:40pm
that sounds disgusting and I'm usually all for this type of stuff Dead

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:48pm
NO !!!

Not a lover of fried chicken or chocolate.

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Rumbera Rumbera wrote:

I would try it..

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by Az~Maverick Az~Maverick wrote:

DeadDeadSick

OMG, chocolate fried chicken

Fried chicken's been coated in some crazy things, but only in L.A. could a super-trendy new restaurant concept thrive by coating it in — sorry, Colonel Sanders — chocolate.

ChocoChicken only has been open a week, but it's already got the buzz — and plans to expand.

The free-range chicken isn't fried in chocolate oil. It's lightly coated with a special cooking chocolate made from bittersweet cocoa, and fries up a shade of chocolate brown.

"Sure, it sounds super goofy," says Adam Fleischman, co-founder of ChocoChicken, which opened last week near the Staples Center in Los Angeles and plans another location this year in Santa Monica, Calif. "But it doesn't taste goofy. It tastes amazing."

Not enough chocolate? Douse your chicken with Chocolate Ketchup. Side dishes include White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes and Duck Fat Fries sprinkled with chocolate seasoning. Chocoholics also can order Electric Chocolate S'mores for dessert. An entree of of two pieces of chicken and fries goes for about $15, slightly more for all-white meat.

Fleischman's co-partner and self-taught-cook Keith Previte came up with concept. A third partner is Sean Robins, a film and TV producer. Fleischman, whose Advantage Restaurant Partners also owns trendy Umami Burger and 800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria brands, helped fund the 175-seat ChocoChicken. And he helped tweak the super-secret seasonings.

"All of the ingredients are secret," he says. "All I can say is that the marinating, coating, seasoning and frying process all contain some element of chocolate."

Restaurant success increasingly is about appealing to Millennials, who demand unusual tastes and also are quick to snap a photo of what they're about to eat and post it on social media. ChocoChicken's gotten plenty of that.

"Best chicken wings outside of Buffalo," said one Facebook post from fan David Crvelin.

Restaurant consultant Howard Gordon — who has eaten there — says ChocoChicken serves good grub. "It actually tastes good," says Gordon, former marketing chief at The Cheesecake Factory. "But I think it's more a big-city thing — where people are into things that are new and different."

Fleischman expects to have six stores in 2015 — including one in New York City — and eight stores by 2016.

This is not the only new chicken mash-up: In the Philippines, KFC recently rolled out Crispy Cheese Chicken, fried chicken marinated in cheese and breaded with bits of cheese-flavored chips.

It sounds like it was made with cocoa powder, not sweet or even semi sweet chocolate that many are familiar with.  If it is just made with cocoa powder then I will try it once.  Might taste a bit like mole or some other Mexican fare.

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:52pm
Bring on the crispy cheese chicken but heckie no on the chocolate chicken...

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 5:56pm

Stern Smile

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:00pm
sounds interesting.  hmmmmm

Posted By: thewonderfulwa
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:01pm
no way.

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 6:05pm
Honestly I don't see this being much of a stretch from say Hawaiian-inspired chicken, made with pineapple or even orange chicken.

Posted By: HeyBeautiful18
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:01pm
I would try it

I like strange foods

Posted By: Princess_S
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:46pm
Curiosity got hte best of my taste buds. I would give it a small bite.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 7:50pm
now im getting more and more curious… 

can LA members go try it then report back? 
thanks 

Posted By: KittenWhip
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 8:21pm
I've had chocolate chicken and all I can say is.....  NO.  Not good.

Print Page | Close Window