Print Page | Close Window

FKA Twigs

Printed From: Black Hair Media Forum
Category: Lets Talk
Forum Name: Talk, Talk, and More Talk
Forum Description: In this Forum, the talk is about everything that can be talked about.
URL: http://Forum.BlackHairMedia.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=371819
Printed Date: Oct 22 2017 at 9:34pm

Topic: FKA Twigs
Posted By: Alias_Avi
Subject: FKA Twigs
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:04pm

Replies:
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:10pm
She's so Epic

Any fans here?

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 1:11pm
Her voice... so strong

Posted By: femmefatale85
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:10pm
eh her music makes me anxious...it may just be me lol

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 2:23pm

Posted By: el_bandido
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:03pm
she scares me into a horny confusion 

Posted By: ThoughtCouture
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 3:06pm
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  not really feeling it yet..

Posted By: mizzsandra00
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:08pm
-_____________-

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:15pm
I FREAKING LOVE HERRRRR

Posted By: JoliePoufiasse
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:16pm
She's weird. I like it.

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:19pm
This animation is insane

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:21pm

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:22pm

Posted By: Girl101
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:31pm
I like her a lot

Posted By: rell85
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 4:39pm
different...she takes awhile to get to the singing.

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:20pm
FKA Twigs, Aaliyah and Sade all have the same birthday.... so creepay Shocked

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

FKA Twigs, Aaliyah and Sade all have the same birthday.... so creepay Shocked

I was about to say she reminded me A LOT of both of them Shocked

Thanks for sharing OP...I've found a new crush lol.

I love eccentricity. Heart

Posted By: Benni
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 5:35pm
Stunningly beautiful.

Must be in a certain mood to listen to this type of Music.

New Age-ey

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 7:25pm
Never heard of her but I like, I like

This is the kind of music you put on the speakers while you and your boo...you know chill and stuff lol

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:08pm
LOL

Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

Posted By: coconess
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

She's weird. I like it.

mhm.. 

this is more so the kinda stuff that makes me wanna, 'yaaaas bitch!' 

but idk if id feel it without the videos.. i like seeing her oddness. 
i only listened to a little of the first few vids ill fully decide how i feel later. 

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:24pm
She's a dope-ass dancer too. Respect

http://instagram.com/p/jwXBcKi-k5/" rel="nofollow - http://instagram.com/p/jwXBcKi-k5/

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 9:35pm
http://%20www.dazeddigital.com/artsandculture/article/20382/1/fka-twigs-tw-ache" rel="nofollow - -

Posted By: foxyroy19
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:26pm
LOVE ALL OF IT!!!!!Heart

Posted By: NadiaPost
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:38pm
I like her

Posted By: hauteshellbi
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 10:49pm
I love two weeks thanks for puttin me on alias

Posted By: ms_wonderland
Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:15pm
reminds me of SIA...I like stuff like this for certain times of the day, thanks for putting me on.Thumbs Up

Date Posted: Jun 24 2014 at 11:24pm
Call me strange but I listen to this type of music all day

Now, I do have to be in a certain mood to listen to ratchet Rihanna or Beyonce Stern Smile

If yall like Twigs, you might like Delilah too

Posted By: Bored w/Out Me?
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:00am
FKA Looks like Chanel Iman and Grace Jones made a Love child

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:49am
Love Delilah!  Great job Alias!

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 12:56am

so that's where that gif came from.

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:29am
I would so pay to see her perform

Date Posted: Jun 25 2014 at 1:46am
His fingers all in her mouth....

Date Posted: Jun 30 2014 at 3:59pm
This video is so dope

Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 1:50pm

Stream FKA Twigs’ debut album, LP1

British experimental R&B artist Tahliah Barnett, aka FKA Twigs, will release her debut album, the aptly-titled LP1, on August 12th via Young Turks. In anticipation, it’s streaming in full https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/fka-twigs/id679661890" rel="nofollow - She further explains the title and the album’s overall conceptual arc:

I love my music, so I want to produce, write, and serve my music. I’ve had to learn about EQ frequencies, and programming, and space, and clutter, and how to be a better piano or bass player, everything. You can have big aspirations, but then you realize your skill level or your insecurities are holding you back. So you start to hate yourself, because it’s so frustrating!

Or it could also be referring to a lover: When you love someone you give them everything, but then they turn out to be a dick, and everything gets chucked back in your face. Then you’re insecure, paranoid, and jealous, and you’re obsessed over that person. It’s one massive head game because you’re like, “Who am I now?” You feel like this shriveled-up Gollum-like creature. And then you hate yourself because you’re trying so hard and it’s just not working. That’s what my album’s about.

The album is preceded by a few singles, “Two Weeks”, “Video Girl”, and “Pendulum”.

Pre-orders for the album are ongoing.

LP1 Tracklist:
01. Preface
02. Lights On
03. Two Weeks
04. Hours
05. Pendulum
06. Video Girl
07. Numbers
08. Closer
09. Give Up
10. Kicks

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 3:11pm
I like the videos, but I don't think I could download that Twig girl's songs Unhappy. Her voice is nice but her style of music is not compatible with my ears. She's cute though. I like her baby waves and her ticking is way better than Lorde's.

Posted By: smaison
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by el_bandido el_bandido wrote:

LOL...i agree. 

i like her voice. 

Posted By: Gkisses
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 3:24pm
I don't hate it but id have to be in a certain mood to listen to it. Are all of her songs at that slow tempo?

Something about the "airiness" or fluidity of her sound reminded me of Bjork

Posted By: nala52808
Date Posted: Aug 05 2014 at 3:29pm
I agree GK. I'd have to be high as a kite to fully appreciate FKA Twigs' music

Date Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 2:53pm
Finally, an interview

FKA twigs Talks Sex & Self-Reliance: Weird Things Can Be Sexy

Milk pours out of FKA twigs's fingers, at the end of arms whose soft bulk suggests a kind of ant-strength. Spray-painted in gold and writhing beneath her with biomechanical need is a doppelganger, lapping at the cascading liquid. Twigs looks into the camera. "My thighs are apart for when you're ready to breathe in," she promises.

This is the video for Two Weeks, the first single from twigs's debut album, set for release this month. With her iconic styling – a mix of thuggish leather, gothic lace and occult bling – alongside songwriting that blends darkly spectral production with beautiful melody, she's being lauded as a visionary new voic. She's also a pop star who really nails sex. For a culture so obsessed with carnality, songs that get it right are bizarrely few and far between: Madonna's Erotica, perhaps, or Marvin Gaye's I Want You, whose lyrics seduce while the music is already biting the pillow. Twigs, however, is writing strings of them; sex in her songs is a shifting game of sustain and release, a far cry from the seaside postcards of Perry, Cyrus, Thicke et al.

"I write exactly what I think," she says of this frankly hot material when we meet. "If it's a raw subject, I write lots of things and then pull out all the fluff words." Hence Two Weeks, a song about wooing a man away from a sexless relationship, features the line "I can you better than her". "Weird things can be sexy," she continues. "Vulnerability is the strongest state to be in. How boring would it be if we were constantly dominant or constantly submissive? In the video, it's this vision of me feeding myself, milking myself. I was naked, painted in gold, doing krump dance moves. It's bizarre, but hot in a very weird way."

She goes on to talk about another of her songs, Papi Pacify, the video for which shows twigs wrapped in a perpetual embrace of ecstatic submission. "Everyone's like, 'Oh, it's so shocking', but you were doing it last night," she says. "If I was a mother, I would rather my child watch a video like that and not understand it and be inquisitive about what it means. Be curious about something that's so complicated, rather than watch something really crude and overtly sexual." She says that we live in a culture where "being sexy" is a mendacious, exhausting bind for many women. "You have to be a size zero, but real women have curves. But when you're curvy you need to watch your BMI and your cholesterol, so you need to lose weight, because strong is the new skinny. It's so confusing. I'd rather be experimenting with intelligent sexuality, which I don't know yet, I'm only 26. I've had two or three serious relationships, I haven't been married, I haven't had that ultimate relationship where something clicks and I'm like, 'I get it now!' I'm still learning."

We're in central London, in the pretty unerotic environs of a chain restaurant, but twigs remains obviously strange, a compact arrangement of eyes, biceps and goofy teeth. Those peepers grow and flash with irritation when I mention how much of the coverage of her music has seen her boxed alongside "alt-R&B" stars such as Banks, Kelela and SZA."It's just because I'm mixed race," she interjects. "When I first released music and no one knew what I looked like, I would read comments like: 'I've never heard anything like this before, it's not in a genre.' And then my picture came out six months later, now she's an R&B singer. I share certain sonic threads with classical music; my song Preface is like a hymn. So let's talk about that. If I was white and blonde and said I went to church all the time, you'd be talking about the 'choral aspect'. But you're not talking about that because I'm a mixed-race girl from south London." She gives me a look as if I've asked her to take the restaurant's bins out.

In an attempt to placate her, I ask if she feels singular. Her face softens. "Very. I love annoying sounds, beats, clicks. Kakakakaka!" Her hands wave violently around wisps of Afro that have escaped her do. "I don't see anyone else doing that now. It's got loud noises in there, the structures aren't typical, it's relentless. It's like punk; alternative R&B!"

Tahliah Barnett began her career as a dancer. Growing up in Gloucester as the only mixed-race girl in her Catholic school, a natural rhythm propelled her to childhood classes and through to an eventual career throwing shapes for pop stars; the click her bones made when in motion prompting her stage name. Her clients included Kylie Minogue, whom she worked for even as her own EP2 was getting serious notice. "It was incredibly humbling," she says. "It's really good to be in one environment where everyone's like, 'Twigs, are you OK, can I get you a glass of water' to another environment where you're one of 20 backing dancers in a cold room and no one's fed you for five hours." She also danced for Jessie J, Taio Cruz and Plan B, whom she describes as "a sick, actual artist. He's so involved: there at 10am explaining how he wanted each of the dancers to have their own character."

She sets this positive experience first against much of the world of commercial dancing. "Usually it's just 'look hot and wear hotpants'. You go to dance school, you train your arse off for five years, you can do a triple pirouette on your head and land in the splits, and then you come out and someone's like: 'What are your measurements?'" It's a long way from Josephine Baker, the dancer who scandalised Paris in the 1920s with her nearly naked routines, and whom twigs admires. "She's saying: 'I'm doing this and it's for me.' She's giving to the crowd, but ultimately she's enjoying the way she moves, and her love is in the movement. Nowadays it's: 'I'm going to shake my arse like this, and it's for you, to make you feel a certain way.'"

Twigs rails against this "bizarre time in the world, where you can be so famous, so elevated, but none of it is your own vision". She herself refuses to give up creative control and, in fact, is determined to extend it wherever possible. Take the production on the album. Punk was what she grew up on, and initially tried her hand at, "but I'm terrible at shouting. It wasn't me. I was just trying to fulfil my Poly Styrene fantasies." Instead, she taught herself the software package Ableton and has numerous production credits on her album, alongside Kanye fave Arca, Dev Hynes, Sampha, Bruno Mars and Eminem producer Emile Haynie, plus Paul Epworth, the Oscar-winning Adele collaborator. All were picked for their ability to "fill in my blanks, in things I'm not good at". Sampha helped with chords, conjuring specific emotions like feeling "brooding but with an underlying hope, but mainly depressed"; Epworth helped with "structure". She has also taken control of her music videos, which she's now directing with production company Academy at her back.

"I like that she knows what she wants," says Nabil Elderkin, a director who worked with twigs on Two Weeks and has also shot videos for Nicki Minaj and Arctic Monkeys. "She doesn't sacrifice anything for popularity, she just comes in and does it her own way. That's how some of the best artists today work: Kanye West, Bon Iver, James Blake, Frank Ocean. And twigs is exactly the same thing. She has imagination and art and puts it out how she wants. She's in control of that 100%."

While she gets to be submissive in her personal life ("I'm like, 'Bagsy being little spoon!' every night"), this domination of every aspect of her career is proving a tiring business. But, to wring out the metaphor, she can go all night. "I'm exhausted, but whatever," she says. "Now is the time to be doing it, and as long as I'm happy I'll keep on doing it. But if I'm unhappy, I'll just disappear. I will shave off my hair and live in the south of France, and I'll be learning a new language where no one gives a sh*t about who I am. I need to be happy."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/09/fka-twigs-two-weeks-lp1" rel="nofollow - Source + http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/aug/07/fka-twigs-lp1-review" rel="nofollow - Guardian's Review for LP1

Good read, suggest you take the time to check it in full. LP1 is finally out and there are reviews popping all over the place, check them out too, and don't forget to buy it on iTunes (or anywhere else you can find it, it's wonderful)!! One of the best albums this year, no doubt.

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 2:47am
This bish!

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 2:58am
Yassssss

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 3:24am
lol@ the first vid

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 3:26am
coco, don't hate... you know she's fierce! Beyonce wishes

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 3:30am
She's learning from the best tho

Jonte and Derek J. Auguste

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 3:49am

billidollarbaby:    Georgia May Jagger in Garage Magazine Fall Winter 2014

http://billidollarbaby.tumblr.com/post/97189889890/georgia-may-jagger-in-garage-magazine-fall-winter" rel="nofollow - billidollarbaby :

Georgia May Jagger in Garage Magazine Fall Winter 2014

katy-perry-baby-hairs

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=BtZq2A2FPBlckM&tbnid=wxBykY1GYspfDM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmarieandthemakeup.com%2Ffka-twigs%2F&ei=pLESVLeENYegyQS3w4LwBg&bvm=bv.75097201,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGtMvGVCkLQc9G1gc0d6vCunJFPcQ&ust=1410597631726033" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=TY6g_O9qQyhAMM&tbnid=3Sfj3j3UqeSryM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffotpforums.com%2Ftopic%2F84429-katys-new-look-on-the-set%2F&ei=wLISVNPnMKSk8QHggYHABg&bvm=bv.75097201,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNGtMvGVCkLQc9G1gc0d6vCunJFPcQ&ust=1410597631726033" rel="nofollow">

The impact

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:02am

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:10am
I enjoy artists that are more intellectually stimulating but I'm glad you like Beyonce!

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:34am
lol im not even a bey fan like that.. can never say ive purchased anything bey related or been to a concert.

i meant to post about how ftr.. i wouldnt even compare them cus theyre so different and fka is in her own realm... but you seem to have some real angst in your heart over beys success. 
(i asked about it in another thread too) 

i definitely do think bey could have done the choreography in that first vid.. but i wouldnt have brought bey up like shes just the most amazing dancer. 

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 4:34am
oh i also meant to post.. smh@ them white girls.. 
the least they could do is credit blacks 

Date Posted: Sep 12 2014 at 6:36am
whats your sign alias?

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 1:17am
Twigs has a growing list of Celeb fans

Apparently, she's "dating" this guy from the Twilight movies

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=78nKEum6HArRaM&tbnid=48gdfvvyiDOMdM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vanityfair.com%2Fvf-hollywood%2F2014%2F09%2Ffka-twigs-dating-robert-pattinson&ei=dicZVMTeNqS3igLxmYDQDQ&bvm=bv.75558745,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNG0q0Cp4aWBeIGGeBWZOXndqTn4nQ&ust=1411021012205277" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=O849WzP1pNeQtM&tbnid=dEu-dA_ceCC8wM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billboard.com%2Farticles%2Fnews%2F6236657%2Frobert-pattinson-fka-twigs-are-dating&ei=vCcZVKrHJMW-igLI4oDgDg&bvm=bv.75558745,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNG0q0Cp4aWBeIGGeBWZOXndqTn4nQ&ust=1411021012205277" rel="nofollow">

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&docid=_aTp7OYWlCNnfM&tbnid=kr09NBBLdxbJ1M:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.digitalspy.com%2Fcelebrity%2Fnews%2Fa593555%2Frobert-pattinson-smitten-with-british-singer-fka-twigs.html&ei=sCcZVPK-IIHwigKk84GoBw&bvm=bv.75558745,d.cGE&psig=AFQjCNG0q0Cp4aWBeIGGeBWZOXndqTn4nQ&ust=1411021012205277" rel="nofollow">

And it's so cute how Snoop Dogg and T-Pain are kinda geeking over her @ 12:45

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 1:22am
You be probin' Geek

Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

whats your sign alias?

Posted By: BBpants
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 1:54am
Originally posted by foxyroy19 foxyroy19 wrote:

His fingers all in her mouth....

LOLLOL

Posted By: afrokock
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 2:06am
These black celebs keep on disappointing

Posted By: AffirmativeBunny
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 4:00am
She's like the new-age Bjork.

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:14am
they have beautiful voices, but I don't get the music

Posted By: carolina cutie
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:42am
After all the hype, I finally listened.

....Only to be disappointed that it is just trip hop.LOL

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:43am
Lol..

Posted By: callmeDEva
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:45am
I like her new EP

Posted By: nitabug
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:50am
I'm not here for her gelled down baby hair though

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 6:59am
Smh Nita.LOL

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 11:03am
Twigs chick reminds me of Bjork style singing.

Posted By: honeyb87
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 11:33am
She has a concert here in ATL sometime in Dec. Thinking about going.
I love her style.

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 12:09pm
Her music is not for everyone. I respect that
If her music is attractive to most, then more than likely she's selling out an aspect of her music that makes her atypical

Twigs writes and produces all of her own music and is the main visionary behind her music videos. She's heavily involved with the production of her music... that's impressive

She's like a female Prince

LP1 Credits

http://www.allmusic.com/album/lp1-mw0002689883/credits#" rel="nofollow - Artist http://www.allmusic.com/album/lp1-mw0002689883/credits#" rel="nofollow - Credit
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/andrew-aged-mn0002548800" rel="nofollow - Andrew Aged Guitar
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/daniel-aged-mn0002548798" rel="nofollow - Daniel Aged Bass (Upright), Keyboards
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/clams-casino-mn0002682779" rel="nofollow - Clams Casino Producer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/joel-compass-mn0003130360" rel="nofollow - Joel Compass Composer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/john-davis-mn0001342472" rel="nofollow - John Davis Mastering
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/paul-epworth-mn0000775047" rel="nofollow - Paul Epworth Composer, Drums, Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Producer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/fka-twigs-mn0003145761" rel="nofollow - FKA Twigs Additional Production, Bass, Bass Arrangement, Composer, Design, Drums, Instrumentation, Keyboards, Primary Artist, Producer, String Arrangements, Synthesizer, Vocals
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/emile-haynie-mn0002145350" rel="nofollow - Emile Haynie Composer, Drums, Engineer, Instrumentation, Mellotron, Producer, Synthesizer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/lj-howe-mn0003292281" rel="nofollow - LJ Howe Guitar (Bass)
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/devont%C3%A9-hynes-mn0001953767" rel="nofollow - Devonté Hynes Composer, Guitar, Producer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/joseph-hartwell-jones-mn0001508066" rel="nofollow - Joseph Hartwell Jones Engineer, Vocal Engineer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/jesse-kanda-mn0002746804" rel="nofollow - Jesse Kanda Artwork, Digital Imagery
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/phil-lee-mn0001742083" rel="nofollow - Phil Lee Design
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/sampha-mn0002390944" rel="nofollow - Sampha Composer, Drums, Piano, Producer, Synthesizer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/tic-mn0003292299" rel="nofollow - Tic Additional Production, Composer, Drums, Guitar
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/michael-volpe-mn0002821618" rel="nofollow - Michael Volpe Composer
http://www.allmusic.com/artist/david-wrench-mn0000230669" rel="nofollow - David Wrench Mixing

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 12:13pm
why do you have to be so difficult? 

Ermm

Posted By: NARSAddict
Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 1:58pm
She is giving me "Queen of the Damned" teas.

Date Posted: Sep 17 2014 at 4:17pm
Nice to see you're so passionate about this AA

Posted By: lumii18
Date Posted: Sep 18 2014 at 4:26am
Female prince?

Date Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 12:48am
I wanna call his union bizarre and random but I feel like I don't know her well enough to make that judgement

Papi Pacify Ha! new Rob Pattinson and FKA Twigs pics from today.

PATTINSONLIFE894561320 (1)

PATTINSONLIFE894561320 (2) (1)

PATTINSONLIFE894561320 (3)

PATTINSONLIFE894561320 (6)

PATTINSONLIFE894561320 (7)

Posted By: Eden.
Date Posted: Sep 23 2014 at 2:22am
i like how she looks. but i feel like im listening to sia. if sia put out mixtapes.

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 12:17pm
From the man himself.... YASSS BITCH YASSS!! LOL

Originally posted by <font color='#0000FF'>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Associated+Press rel=nofollow</font> - Associated Press http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Associated+Press rel=nofollow - Associated Press wrote:

]

Memorable moments from Paisley Park

Published: 01:27 EST, 29 September 2014 | Updated: 01:27 EST, 29 September 2014

What we learned during a seven-hour odyssey at Paisley Park:

— Prince is a mean pingpong player: A pingpong table is the centerpiece of the rehearsal space outside of the studio at Paisley Park, and it gets plenty of use. Prince shows he's pretty deft player — he hits from wild angles, and it's a wild sight, his white shoes with acrylic heels lighting up blue with every move. Alas, he loses his game by a few points.

— Prince goes to YouTube for music too: Some Prince fans who want to go to YouTube to pull up their favorite track or performance have long complained that Prince is overly aggressive in removing that music on copyright infringement grounds. So they might be surprised that he uses it to look up music and old performances of others. When the point is underscored as he watches an old James Brown estate, he says: "James Brown has an estate — so do I," then adds: "People need to stop tripping."

— He's still a Jehovah's Witness: Introduced to the religion by musician Larry Graham, Prince made sure to note that he's still follows the doctrine, but adds that he student of the world, and notes that he's been spending time reading, particularly African history.

— Yes, he thought Michael Jackson was pretty awesome too: Though the two were often pitted against each other in the media during the heights of their respective careers, he has utmost respect for the late legend. During one conversation, he marvels at the brilliance of then 10-year-old Jackson's vocals on classics like "Who's Loving You" and "I Want You Back," and while watching an old James Brown clip, he notes that both he and Jackson were watching Brown as children: "Michael got the dance, I got the music."

— He is an unfailingly polite host: During our visit, he gets concerned about whether we've eaten and an assistant picks up a soup at Houlihan's. Once it arrives, it won't do to eat it with disposable plastic utensils; he takes us to the kitchen area (bigger than most New York City apartments) and hands us proper silverware, and then, afterward, throws away the mess.

— You have to wow Prince to musically impress him: While it's not without fun, it's serious business: "The level of expectation is incredibly high; it's always to play something perfectly and with a . wicked feel," says 3RDEYEGIRL guitarist Donna Grantis.

He's a fan of today's talent: While he dismisses some of today's music - don't expect a collaboration with artists Katy Perry and Iggy Azalea — that doesn't mean there aren't contemporary artists who wow him. He raved about Luke James voice; was mesmerized by FKA Twigs; talked about the potential of Rita Ora (who recorded at Paisley Park).

— He likes candles: In almost every room, candles are burning.

— Prince is still cooler than you: He's the only person who can pull off wearing a shirt with his image — and look epic doing it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2773266/Memorable-moments-Paisley-Park.html#ixzz3Ej43zHuT" rel="nofollow - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-2773266/Memorable-moments-Paisley-Park.html#ixzz3Ej43zHuT

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 12:32pm
SMH

'I am genuinely shocked and disgusted': Robert Pattinson's new girlfriend FKA twigs finds herself target of racist abuse on Twitter

By http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/search.html?s=&authornamef=Helen+Zhao+for+MailOnline" rel="nofollow - Helen Zhao for MailOnline

Published: 23:11 EST, 28 September 2014 | Updated: 02:05 EST, 29 September 2014

She has been thrust into the spotlight thanks to her rumoured relationship with A-list actor and Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson.

But since FKA twigs - real name Tahliah Debrett Barnett - went public holding hands with the actor last week, the singer has found herself to be the target of racist abuse on Twitter. 

The 26-year-old singer tweeted on Sunday: 'I am genuinely shocked and disgusted at the amount of racism that has been infecting my account the past week.'

Scroll down for video 

Bigotry: FKA twigs, pictured in London on September 10, has found herself the target of racist Twitter comments after its been revealed she is dating Robert Pattinson&nbsp;
+6

Bigotry: FKA twigs, pictured in London on September 10, has found herself the target of racist Twitter comments after it's been revealed she is dating Robert Pattinson 

This was followed by: 'Racism is unacceptable in the real world and it's unacceptable online.'

Tahliah has a father who is Jamaican and a mother who is of both English and Spanish descent.

Numerous Twitter users have spewed hateful comments, as captured by  http://jezebel.com/racist-trolls-stalk-fka-twigs-because-shes-dating-rober-1640152835" rel="nofollow - Jezebel. 

One user, @hxzscurls, wrote: 'you’re like a monkey, really i can’t believe that rob kissed you.'

Another user, @Angeelicacsp, wrote: ‘I can’t believe I have changed robert Goddess Kristen for this monkey.’

Heating up! A week ago, the 26-year-old singer and 28-year-old actor were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles&nbsp;
+6

Heating up! A week ago, the 26-year-old singer and 28-year-old actor were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles 

Lovey dovey: On Monday, twigs and Robert were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another
+6

Lovey dovey: On Monday, twigs and Robert were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another

The British singer is no stranger to racist comments, having experienced it in her childhood while attending a Catholic school as the only mixed-race girl.

‘People said horrible things about something I had no control of, which was tough. But that’s okay. Life isn’t supposed to be easy, is it?’ she told British magazine http://www.dazeddigital.com/music/article/20259/1/fka-twigs-future-shock" rel="nofollow - Dazed & Confused. 

‘I never really saw anything wrong with how I looked, it was more that certain people pointed things out to you about yourself.

‘Either your hair’s different, or the colour of your skin, or your features. Half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m funny-looking and ugly.’

However, twigs manages to put things in perspective.

‘The other half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m fascinating,’ she said. ‘Everything neutralises. It’s more of a statement on society and how weird it is.’

Meanwhile, she certainly seems to be enjoying her new romance.

On Monday, twigs and Robert, 28, were spotted on a romantic drive through Hollywood, as they cosied up to one another.

She leaned into his shoulder as he appeared to be kissing her forehead.

And the outing came just after they were pictured holding hands at Venice Beach, Los Angeles the day before, on Sunday.

Meanwhile, twigs can celebrate her musical success, as she is up for three gongs at the MOBO Awards – honouring music in genres ranging from gospel to jazz, RnB, soul, re e, and hip hop.

She’s been nominated for Best Newcomer, Best Female Act alongside the likes of Jessie J and Rita Ora, and Best Video. Confused

Also nominated are Beyonce, Chris Brown, Drake, Iggy Azalea, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Nicki Minaj, Pharrell, and Trey Songz in the category of Best International Act. ConfusedConfused

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:20pm

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:28pm
Funny how people tried to single out Black women for hating on IRR as if it's a Black-woman-thing

*Waits for Black men to call this racist White women jealous, bitter and angry* Ermm

Posted By: Lilaca
Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:32pm

Funny how people tried to single out Black women for hating on IRR as if it's a Black-woman-thing

*Waits for Black men to call this racist White women jealous, bitter and angry* Ermm
ThisClap

Posted By: HaitianDiva64
Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:34pm
Lmwo white women gonna be salty for a while. Well their white princess is the one that slept around on rob.

I wonder if rob will take up for her

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 1:36pm
she's not?

Posted By: naturesgift
Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:14pm
the Twilight Guy is Ugly though- No shade but who care's about this guy?

Posted By: K_Camille
Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:18pm
She looks stupid with her mouth agape like that.  It's not cute.  And if Robert is ugly, well they fit each other.

I like the 2 weeks song tho.

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:24pm
K Camille.Cry

I need these yt girls to direct the energy they use for racism towards gaining a happy life instead. Celeb worship is the debil.

Posted By: Wildfire
Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Bored w/Out Me? Bored w/Out Me? wrote:

FKA Looks like Chanel Iman and Grace Jones made a Love child

Yeah. White boyz dont feel so threatened by that kinda look   

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

These new black celebs keep on disappointing

fixedLOL

i just knew she'd date a white man. Ah well.

Next.

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

She looks stupid with her mouth agape like that.  It's not cute.  A

IA

Date Posted: Sep 29 2014 at 3:45pm

‘I never really saw anything wrong with how I looked, it was more that certain people pointed things out to you about yourself.

‘Either your hair’s different, or the colour of your skin, or your features. Half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m funny-looking and ugly.’

However, twigs manages to put things in perspective.

‘The other half of my life I’ve had people staring at me because they think I’m fascinating,’ she said. ‘Everything neutralizes. It’s more of a statement on society and how weird it is.’

Date Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 12:10am

FKA TWIGS LOOKING FLAWLESS WHILE PERFORMING IN LONDON / HER MAJESTY ADELE ATTENDS THE GIG

http://tinypic.com?ref=34s2p38" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

FKA twigs shows off her toned arms while wowing the crowd with a performance on Wednesday (October 8) in London, England.

"Thank you so much for all of your love! Been working really hard this week and can't wait to share everything that I have made with you <3," the 26-year-old English singer recently tweeted.

http://tinypic.com?ref=24wqz6h" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2e1di15" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=24wt2qx" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2vacpip" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2m3qqs1" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2cz569v" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=dfg8qa" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=wteyvo" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=1z3xzqs" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Adele dresses in head-to-toe black to make a rare public appearance at FKA twigs' gig at London's Hackney Empire

http://tinypic.com?ref=148n6f8" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2zf0rat" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2vuis9c" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

http://tinypic.com?ref=2wp413c" rel="nofollow">Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Date Posted: Oct 12 2014 at 12:23am
she looks good. 

" her majesty" adele? 
i havent seen her in forever. 

Date Posted: Oct 18 2014 at 1:34am

Originally posted by <font color='#0000FF'>http://www.rookiemag.com/2014/10/fka-twigs-interview/ rel=nofollow</font> - Rookie http://www.rookiemag.com/2014/10/fka-twigs-interview/ rel=nofollow - Rookie wrote:

]

I Can Do All These Things: An Interview With FKA Twigs

On not listening to what anyone else has to say and doing whatever the hell you want!

http://www.rookiemag.com/2014/10/13/" rel="nofollow - 10/13/2014
Collages by FKA twigs.

Collages by FKA twigs.

FKA twigs is a lightning-don’t-strike-twice kind of musician: Her music combines realism and the avant-garde, abrasiveness and vulnerability, intellect and instinct. Born Tahliah Debrett Barnett, she got her stage name during her career as a dancer, from the way her joints cracked when she was warming up (the FKA part stands for “formerly known as”). She danced professionally through her teen years, then she quit to make music full-time. She taught herself to produce music and to direct videos; today, she produces most of her songs and controls all her videos and imagery. The fruit of all her hard work is a very personal world that is completely magical and unique, as heard on http://boomkat.com/vinyl/626327-twigs-ep" rel="nofollow - EP1 , https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLx_NcAUcAg96a0MLmduo9vD75D1KJab8L" rel="nofollow - EP2 , and her latest, the excellent https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lp1/id911606990" rel="nofollow - LP1 .

This is the http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/06/meet-fka-twigs-musics-new-fashion-darling.html" rel="nofollow - second time I’ve spoken to twigs, and each time I’ve been struck by how cool she is. In conversation, she’s a little shy and quiet, but very honest and thoughtful, and when she gets a little more comfortable, she talks and jokes like you’re family. This time around, we talked about being a lifelong professional artist, body image and beauty standards, and what becoming an adult means to her.

JULIANNE: You started dancing when you were a kid, right?

FKA twigs: I was eight. I was just really drawn to it in a really bizarre way. I begged my mum to take me to ballet class for years, but my mum was a dancer and she didn’t want me to get like, sucked into that whole world. But she gave in when I was eight, and I got into ballet and jazz. Eventually I realized that I couldn’t really be a ballet dancer, so I just took it into my own hands to discover the style of dance that suited me.

Why couldn’t you be a ballet dancer?

I don’t have a ballet dancer’s body. My bum sticks out, my pointe isn’t great. I’m sure if I were brought up in New York or London or another city in which they cater to people of different ethnic origins, it wouldn’t have been a thing. I would have just been able to dance and look beautiful within my ability. But I grew up in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloucestershire" rel="nofollow - the country , and back then, when I was 12, you had to be, like, white and blond and a rake and not have an ass and have a pelvis that could tuck under for days. And my body’s just not made like that.

Were you dancing professionally when you were a teenager?

A bit, yeah. I’d gotten my first professional dance gig when I was 13, and I guess there was that fear that my mum had—that world just kind of sucked me up, and I spent the years between 13 and 16 going to London to do dance jobs and modeling jobs that were based on dancing and music. By the time I got to like 15, 16, I was very disillusioned about what I wanted to do. I was feeling really lost, and thinking that I just wanna be normal. I just wanna be a normal person, and not do all these things. So I just stopped. Because I wasn’t that kid—I never wanted to be on The Mickey Mouse Club or get that type of attention.

So I just gave it up. I went to http://www.croydon.ac.uk/" rel="nofollow - Croydon College , did my http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-level" rel="nofollow - A-levels , and started singing in youth centers and doing youth work, teaching other young people how to play music and write poetry and how to sing. I was a youth worker for like two or three years, then the government cut the funding, so I got sacked, basically.

I was really upset, because that was my job! I wanted to be an art therapist, I wanted to work with youth and work in the social sector. When it stopped, it was devastating, but it also made me realize I could do things myself, on my own terms. I can dress how I like and make the music that I like, and I can produce it if I want to. I can be a video director as well. I can do all these things.

I think there’s this perception that if you’re a studio geek—if you know loads about production, or you know loads about cameras and can direct all your stuff, or if you’re a songwriter who knows loads about lyrics and stuff—then you can’t get your nails done and you can’t get your hair done and you can’t, like, dress like this. And I just realized that that wasn’t true. So when I started making music and videos, it was on my own terms. I’m 26, and that’s not old for what I’m doing, but it’s not young either—there has been this whole idea for a few years that to be a female artist you have to be like 21, but I don’t really feel like that. I feel like I know exactly what I want, and no one can tell me to do anything I don’t want to do or pose in a way I don’t like or make a song or write something I don’t want to. I guess I got to the point where it’s all me, and only I am to blame, and that feels really great. And if something goes wrong, I am to blame as well—it was my stupid decision, you know what I mean? It feels great! To know that everything is of yourself. Every single decision that I’ve made to become the artist that I’ve become is because I really know what I want, I’m really ambitious, and I really want to be in charge of everything creatively.

Who was your best friend when you were growing up “in the country,” as you say?

I did have a best friend, but [growing up in the country] was hard. I went to an all-white school, and I still remember so many things that people said to me. You know when kids say things and they don’t realize that one sentence might stay with someone for years? I’m mixed race, and my hair is either two things: It’s either beautiful—curly and shiny and suited to humid weather and I feel like the girl from that Michael Jackson video “The Way You Make Me Feel”—or it’s a nightmare, frizzy and dry and all over the place no matter what I do. I spent most of my teen years in that [latter] stage, because I didn’t know how to do my hair. I would try to straighten it, and it just wouldn’t hold.

I remember when I was maybe 13, I went to London, and I saw a girl on https://www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/tube/?cid=fs109" rel="nofollow - the tube who had really nice hair. She looked mixed race, so I was like, “How did you do your hair?” She was like, “You just have to moisturize it and put loads of oil in it and only wear your hair out when it’s a special occasion.” I went out and got some coconut oil, and I put my hair in two braids, and I felt good about it. You know when you’re young and you start to take pride in your appearance? It’s not necessarily in a vain way, it’s just, like, I’m getting older, and my mum doesn’t do my hair anymore. You just start to become more independent.

So, then, I’m in history class, and the girl who was supposed to be my best friend turned around and was like, “Ew, your hair’s so greasy.” Like that. It hurt my feelings so bad. It was really hard, because I just didn’t fit in. I remember when I was 12, they made fun of me because I had a moustache.

Oh my god, I’m sorry. Kids can be so mean!

I’m over it! It’s just really funny. I guess as you get older you learn to embrace things. I always think to myself, like, http://vimeo.com/44245738" rel="nofollow - Neneh Cherry has a moustache! Whenever I see her I think, That is so cute! That’s the way I see stuff like that now. But when you’re a teenager, it’s harder.

In my last year or so of secondary school, when I was about 16, Beyoncé came out with “ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViwtNLUqkMY" rel="nofollow - Crazy in Love ,” and Christina Milian came out with “ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCRwjtz4g9k" rel="nofollow - AM to PM .” Before that, it was about Britney, Avril Lavigne, Christina Aguilera—all these really cute white girls who defined what the boys were fancying. Then that year, there was this boom of all these light-skinned black stars, and all of a sudden I was the sh*t. I was hanging out with the popular girls; I’d gone from people literally scribbling out my face in school photos and writing ugly next to it, to, two years later, having everything be fine—all of a sudden I was really cute. At the time I was super androgynous—I had short hair and I dressed like a boy—and suddenly it was cool to dress the way I did, and I was the most desirable thing on earth. I always called bullsh*t on that!

It was right after that that I left my hometown with my mum and moved to London and just completely started a new life. And then from like 17 to 22, I went back to having no friends.

It seems like London would be a place where you could thrive!

I was so shy. And the kids in London were so much more cultured. I was just Tahliah—a shy mixed-race girl with a farmer’s accent.

What does it mean to have a farmer’s accent?

Where I’m from, it’s really rural, and people talk in a country accent. When I moved to London, people would be like, “You’re a farmer!” I was like, “No, I’m not a farmer!” [Laughs] When I say I had no friends, literally I knew like four and a half people in college. It was just me and my mum hanging out every day.

Were you lonely?

I don’t really believe in being lonely. I believe in being alone, but if you’re lonely, that’s just bringing some extra emotions into it. Loneliness is self-indulgent. There’s always something to do when you’re alone.

But then, I met Carri Munden by chance—the girl who started http://cassetteplaya.com/" rel="nofollow - Cassette Playa . And Carri completely and utterly changed my life. It was crazy. I met her at a concert somewhere. We spoke briefly, and I was like, Oh my god, that girl is SO COOL. I started stalking her on MySpace—I messaged her all the time and she’d write me back with messages that were like one-third the length of mine [laughs] and I’d get so excited! I didn’t have a computer, so I’d go to the internet café and check to see if she’d written me back. She was styling http://www.bbcicecream.com/" rel="nofollow - Billionaire Boys Club at the time, and she used me for something, and then she used me for her lookbook a couple times. Then she introduced me to basically everyone who helped start my career: http://matthewstone.co.uk/" rel="nofollow - Matthew Stone , who did the http://itgcom.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads3/2012/08/Twigs-613x613.jpg" rel="nofollow - i-D cover ; https://twitter.com/GraceLaDoja" rel="nofollow - Grace LaDoja , with whom I did my first film work; http://sharmadeanreid.com/" rel="nofollow - Sharmadeen Reid , who does http://www.wah-nails.com/" rel="nofollow - Wah Nails —she had me play her Wah Nails party in New York, and that was the first show in New York that I’d done as twigs.

When I met Carri, I was just a confused 19-year-old, not knowing how I wanted to be, but knowing I had so many ideas and so much inside me, and she was the first and only person who saw it. One time she said to me, “Who are you going as for Halloween?” I was like, “I think I’m gonna go as Edward Scissorhands.” And she was like, “You should go as Tank Girl.” I was like, “Who is Tank Girl?” And she said, “You’re Tank Girl. Just google it.” So I https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=tank+girl" rel="nofollow - googled Tank Girl , and I was like, Oh my god, I am Tank Girl. From that point on, everything clicked into place: how I wanted to dress, what type of woman I was, and how I wanted to be.

The thing I really loved about Carri was that she was really productive and forward-thinking, and really prominent in the scene, but she was also very vulnerable, very kind, and very sensitive. She’s still one of my best friends.

twigs1

You said you met Carri at a concert, but you were so shy back then—do you remember how you started talking?

It’s really weird! I was there alone, and she was standing next to me, talking to her friend about how to make your coochie taste good. [Laughs] I knew how, so I spoke up: “Don’t eat asparagus, don’t eat too much red meat, and drink pineapple juice.” I just came out with it! And I remember her being like, “Whoa!” She started pissing herself laughing, and that’s how we started talking.

What concert was it?

I think it was Kanye West!

I’m curious about the tomboy style you mentioned earlier. What was your choice to wear menswear about?

I am very petite, and my build is very athletic, from dancing and running. In the ’90s, you had to be this size zero to be considered beautiful, then in 2010 it was like “real women have curves,” but I wasn’t like that, so I basically rebelled by wearing only Uniqlo menswear or, if I was going out, a suit jacket from a charity shop. I felt really awkward about myself and about my body, so I just had to have everything really covered all the time. My body basically hasn’t changed since I was 16 years old, everything is basically the same.

I just did this video for “Pendulum,” and I full-on look like an adult! I’m like, When did that happen? I don’t even know! I only figured out in the past year that I’m not skinny, and I’m not curvy, I’m just really strong. That is me, and that’s really beautiful as well. People don’t really talk about athletic women. It’s a whole segment of women who are completely missed out.

You know my music video “ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIapN9bzyNU&list=PLx_NcAUcAg95JBtv2v0DuecedxA7W0DqR" rel="nofollow - Hide “? That is me, too, and nobody really knew that was me. I made it when I was 23, and that was the moment when I thought, Well, if I’m basically naked in my first music video, then I just can’t really feel insecure. Does that make sense? “Hide” is objectifying of women, because that’s how I was feeling at the time. It’s about breaking up with somebody and feeling like sh*t about yourself, so I thought it would be really brave to be naked but not have a head! Because as soon as you have a face and you smize into the camera, it becomes really sexy, and I didn’t want it to be sexy. I wanted it to be awkward. I really thought people were going to say horrible things, but they never did.

Something else I’ve learned, though, is that you can’t please everybody. Not everyone is gonna find you attractive! I’m not the most beautiful girl in the world—I’m just not, and I’m never gonna be, and I don’t even know how to help you with that! I’m small, and my eyes are too far apart, and I’ve got two weird front teeth. When I first came to America, my manager was like, “We’ll have to get your teeth fixed.” I saved up all my money to get these veneers, and I had all the initial work done—they have to do all this work on your gums—and then I was like, Oh my god, what the am I doing? This is an awful, terrible idea! So I paid for like half the treatment but never got the veneers done. I wasted about £900 [about $1,450].

I am very glad that you did not do that!

It would not be me! You just have to be yourself. It’s really not that hard! You just need to stop going on Instagram so much, because that sh*t is not real. I do not look like that in real life! It’s a professional photographer and Photoshop!

Is that why a good amount of your artwork, like the “Water Me” video, is sort of exaggerated and blown-out?

Yes. I want everyone to know it’s not real. But even on http://instagram.com/FKAtwigs" rel="nofollow - my Instagram , people will say “Oh my god, ILY Twigs, you’re so perfect, I wish I could be you.” I tell them that I’m not perfect, it’s not true. I hate the way young girls think sometimes, it’s so depressing. They’ll write, “Why can’t I look like FKA Twigs?” I’m just like, no, you don’t understand—I cried in the mirror as a teenager.

Another thing I want to talk to you about is this idea of learning. Basically, you have to keep on learning—it will distract you from all the bullsh*t that we’re talking about. Two years ago, I couldn’t produce [music]; I learned how to do it in literally two years. I found it really difficult to program when I started, then I had this leap of confidence to actually get in front of the computer and learn how to do it. It was a massive challenge, because I am not a very logical person at all. It’s about facing your fears. If you do that, you realize that you can actually do anything you want to do! It’s been the most liberating experience.

Last week, I bumped into a very famous music artist. She started talking to me about her nails and her hair extensions, and how getting this stuff done makes her feel like a woman, and she has to have so much money to get this stuff done because she’s a woman and that’s what being a woman is. I thought to myself, That’s very interesting, because what makes me a woman is when I know I’ve produced a song myself—when I’ve found an artist to work with, given him a beat to work on and told him what I wanted, and he’s given it back to me and it’s what I’d envisioned as a producer. Or when I’ve made a video and released it into the world. That’s what makes me feel like a woman. Like, anything else— how tall I am or how long my hair is! This is the absolute epitome of what makes me feel like an adult, and like I’m handling my business. I’ve sat in front of my computer at three o’clock in the morning and I’ve made something myself that I had to learn how to do that was very difficult. When you find something easy, that’s a talent, but when you find something difficult, that’s when you get to really work and push and challenge yourself. I’m not saying that [that artist’s] image is invalid, because that might be where she gets her power from. Everyone is different. But for me, there’s something about learning that makes me feel the most adult I’ve ever felt.

I’m so happy as well, because I’m not crying about stupid sh*t! I’m busy, I’m doing things, and it’s an amazing feeling. If someone’s stupid or someone’s mean, I’m just like, OK, love and light, go what you need to do, I’m busy! It feels amazing to be this way. ♦

Posted By: sweet_n_stuff04
Date Posted: Oct 19 2014 at 3:13pm
I didn't know that trip-hop was the name for this type of music. I like the song 2 weeks. Kinda reminds me of something Janet Jackson would sing. 

Date Posted: Oct 20 2014 at 11:07pm
YASSS BISH WERKK Clap

Posted By: Midna
Date Posted: Oct 20 2014 at 11:48pm
Bish can DANCE

Date Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:05am
i dont know what in the world she was saying/singing about for most of it… 
but that was a lovely video Clap

it made me feel good inside 

Date Posted: Oct 21 2014 at 12:31am
The blink at the end was everyyythinnnnggg

oh but the girl krumper was wack

Posted By: rubynaturalprincess
Date Posted: Oct 29 2014 at 6:03pm
FKA TWIGS @ BARCLAYCARD MERCURY PRIZE CEREMONY 
2014 Clap

Posted By: rubynaturalprincess
Date Posted: Oct 29 2014 at 6:05pm
She didn't win but who cares, she looks great!! Wish I could see her when she comes to my city but the tickets are sold out Cry

Posted By: DiorShowGirl
Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 3:08am
she and robert pattinson look cute together...

Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 3:34am
she does look good.. 
but why do her eyes look like that..? she looks high
and i want her to close her mouth

Posted By: QueenBee
Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 6:24am
She looks great from neck down, face looks emotionless..like her eyes have no soul/vacant.

Is the new trend shoes that have a cover over then heel part? It looks odd to me.

Posted By: newdiva1
Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 8:31am
at the end of the vid it looked like her skin turned to plastic.

that said...I've no idea what she even said. Maybe...girls in the video?

Posted By: Jess
Date Posted: Oct 30 2014 at 9:03am
This girl is interesting...lol. Hey, if you like it, I love it.

Print Page | Close Window